ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The RO New York City Summit!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 8th, 2006 11:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The Pug alwasy uses ADDA to avoid these types of situations..we tried to help, but were rejected. We made dreams come true for many this tour and hope to do the same for our Euro friends...ust remember, we called it exactly the way it is............amd we were always right.

Chicago fans must keep Jan 24th open...mark my words.
January 9th, 2006 02:12 AM
glencar Stout's it is! Nice work, LJ & Scopey! I love you guys! I will try to get there as early as possible. I'm taking a train from Long Island & will head home that night. I'll be returning to NYC on Friday morn to check into Marquis. This oughta be the Summit Of The New Century!
January 10th, 2006 10:34 AM
egon does anyone have a link to a good route planner / map of the city?

( something like this www.mappy.com )
January 10th, 2006 10:41 AM
glencar Egon, how long will you be here for & what else do you wish to do besides the concerts & parties?
January 10th, 2006 10:42 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
does anyone have a link to a good route planner / map of the city?

( something like this www.mappy.com )

I have a route to a nice Gentlemen's club.................developing.
January 10th, 2006 11:09 AM
glencar LOL Joshy, just go to Scores & be done with it. Grab a cab. I'll be at Table #22.
January 10th, 2006 11:45 AM
egon gleny,

am there from 18th till 22nd.
nothing special planned yet. just see the town i guess.
empire state, statue of liberty (was that a present from the french?), ground zero, etc. maybe even get my
ass kicked in a dark alley. you know; tourist stuff!

reason i ask for the router planner is to have an idea where everything is (hotel, stout, msg, mcdonalds...),
as it shall be my 1st time in the big pear!

tah tah taa-da-daa, tah tha ta-da-daa....,

start speading the neeeeeeeeews,
i'm leaving on the 18th of january

I want to be a part of it
summit of the century, summit of the century

I want to wake up bleeding
in a city
that never sleeps

Are we there yet?
January 10th, 2006 12:14 PM
scope Try these:

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/visitorsguide/

http://newyork.citysearch.com

There have been quite a few inquires about touring NY. Might be happening on Friday during the day.

January 10th, 2006 12:30 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

It's a seperate section of the Garden.........I will prevail somehow.....have my son have a fake diarhea attack and say we need to go back to hotel. I will need a brown squirt bottle for effects.

this has got to be the funniest thing i've read in awhile.

thanks for the laugh i needed it after root canal/crown today
January 10th, 2006 12:35 PM
monkey_man Have a great time at the summit all!! I am regreting not getting a ticket but I am feeling a bit tapped after 4 trips to NYC in the past year. SUMMIT ON!
January 10th, 2006 11:04 PM
Alfthebeardyviking Guys, Im turning up Sat and have some running around to do prior to check in. Ten pals arrive on Tuesday and were all staying together at the Pen.

I see its been sugested that the Hotel Bar may be a pre-gig watering hole. Grub wise can any of you New Yorkers give me the low down on the John Street Bar and Grill?
January 10th, 2006 11:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
chevysales wrote:

this has got to be the funniest thing i've read in awhile.

thanks for the laugh i needed it after root canal/crown today

you really should have read his post on shidoobee this past summer about a flight with his family.

best of luck with your oral recovery!
January 11th, 2006 11:26 AM
Egbert
quote:
Alfthebeardyviking wrote:
I see its been sugested that the Hotel Bar may be a pre-gig watering hole. Grub wise can any of you New Yorkers give me the low down on the John Street Bar and Grill?

Standard pub grub. Nothing bad, nothing fancy. Fun bar though - some nights they have good happy hour specials.

[Edited by Egbert]
January 11th, 2006 12:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Alfthebeardyviking wrote:
Grub wise can any of you New Yorkers give me the low down on the John Street Bar and Grill?

I had my infamous bachelor party there!

love it. great bar. great juke. tons of micro beers and single malts etc, pool table. good grub.

however, it is located down in the Wall St area. VERY FAR from MSG. Not at all condusive to pre or post show hanging. Esp on Wed night bc the crowds thin out early down there.
January 11th, 2006 07:12 PM
Alfthebeardyviking Cheers guys. Im poping there outside of the show days. The lads Im travelling with are all greedy like me, so as our ladies shop we want a place to plot up, feed the duke and eat red meat.
January 11th, 2006 08:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I had my infamous bachelor party there!

love it. great bar. great juke. tons of micro beers and single malts etc, pool table. good grub.

however, it is located down in the Wall St area. VERY FAR from MSG. Not at all condusive to pre or post show hanging. Esp on Wed night bc the crowds thin out early down there.

Before you slip into stones mode, please play Sting Me and enjoy a micro brew lager for me! We are on the same side!
January 11th, 2006 08:16 PM
Alfthebeardyviking
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Before you slip into stones mode, please play Sting Me and enjoy a micro brew lager for me! We are on the same side!

Its a done deal.Never touch the frothy stuff but I'll certainly have a few large Markers Marks in your honour and commendeer all my small bills into that duke.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)