ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The RO New York City Summit!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 5th, 2006 12:19 PM
scope Egon, check out this site for JFK Travel info.

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/jfkframe.HTM

The train service that Glencar mentioned is the Air Train. For $5.00 it will take you to Jamaica station. From Jamaica you then take the LIRR train to Penn Station. Trains will leave about every 10-15 minutes at the time you will be there, late afternoon. Tickets for this are also $5.00 if you buy them in advance ot $10 if you buy on the train.
Penn Station is located at 33rd street and 7th avenue.

Link for LIRR schedule: http://lirr42.mta.info/index.asp
January 5th, 2006 12:23 PM
LadyJane scope..check out my info on Stout.

LJ.
January 5th, 2006 12:33 PM
scope
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Okay gang...just talked to the people at Stout.

http://www.stoutnyc.com/

They will reserve space for us in the Bar...have Stones blastin...and NO cover...ie...you pay for what you want to eat or drink.

Only hitch....they cannot guarantee the reservation past 5:15 on Friday the 20th. MOST of us have to be ready to start eating and drinking by 5!!! Not a problem for me!!!

Okay....I've done my homework...you decide.

LJ.

My input to help people decide:
Stout's is definitely bigger and the fact that they will have Stones blasting is a big plus. Before the Cream show they had the Albert Hall DVD playing on the screens in there.
Joe's will be quieter (they did play some Stones last time, but not exclusive) and we probably will be the only Stones fans in attendance.

LJ, do I need to go see anybody at Stouts?
January 5th, 2006 12:38 PM
LadyJane
quote:
scope wrote:

LJ, do I need to go see anybody at Stouts?

I agree scope. I like the look of Stout...just look at the beer list!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to Mercedes....and put the reservation in my name....my REAL name that is.

Damn...we make a good team!!!

LJ.
January 5th, 2006 12:57 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks team!! Nice job
Now we just have to wait for too many days to pass and the Party to begin........waiting impatiently
January 5th, 2006 12:59 PM
jb Again, my suggestion was 100% CORRECT, and again, we make dreams come true.
January 5th, 2006 01:14 PM
scope
quote:
jb wrote:
Again, my suggestion was 100% CORRECT, and again, we make dreams come true.

So....why not stop in and grab a burger with your son? They have a separate dining area, with some seating upstairs as well, if I remember correctly.
January 5th, 2006 01:26 PM
jb
quote:
scope wrote:

So....why not stop in and grab a burger with your son? They have a separate dining area, with some seating upstairs as well, if I remember correctly.

I will try!!! You were on my concession stand drink list. Where is this place? How far from MSG?
January 5th, 2006 01:31 PM
scope
quote:
jb wrote:

I will try!!! You were on my concession stand drink list. Where is this place? How far from MSG?

Yes, I saw myself on the list - Thank you
This place is a 2 minute walk from MSG. MSG sits on 7th Avenue, between 32 and 33. This place is on 33rd. Cross 7th ave, walk about 300 feet down 33rd, and you will be there (left hand side of the street as you walk. Be there and I shall greet you and buy you a drink (and a soda for your son)
January 5th, 2006 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
scope wrote:

Yes, I saw myself on the list - Thank you
This place is a 2 minute walk from MSG. MSG sits on 7th Avenue, between 32 and 33. This place is on 33rd. Cross 7th ave, walk about 300 feet down 33rd, and you will be there (left hand side of the street as you walk. Be there and I shall greet you and buy you a drink (and a soda for your son)

I think I can get there around 6:23 EST................I certainly will try
January 5th, 2006 01:45 PM
Saint Sway Stouts usually does a great job of blasting dvds of whatever band is playing that night at the Garden on their dozens of flat screens.

I work nearby and whenever I pop in for a rinse after work on the night of some big show they're always blaring tunes from the headlining band. Unfortunately I've walked in on the nights when Macca, F-U2, NIN and some other bad acts were playing down the street.
January 5th, 2006 02:29 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
I will buy the following people drinks at concession stand:
1)Martha
2)Gypsy
3)SS
4)Egon
5)Max Lugar
6)Pdog
7)Gazza
8)Scope
9)Glencar
10)Pam
11)LJ

others to be determined depending on funds available

Ok this means I HAVE to get a job working at the friggin' concession stand.

Can you get me on at MSG jb?

I'll provide service with a smile!

No Martha, No jb!!!

January 5th, 2006 09:47 PM
jb I will try to be there by 6:23 EST.......the Stones don't go on until around 9:14PM
January 5th, 2006 11:05 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
scope..check out my info on Stout.

LJ.

Fantastic, a beer menu from hell. Add in Stones heathens from all over the world, with Stones music blaring and a Stones gig at MSG, a post gig party and we've got the ingredients for one hell of a memorable day and evening. Most excellent!

Rick
January 5th, 2006 11:18 PM
scope Evening all. Just got back from my expedition to Stouts (no I wasn't drinking all night, squeezed in a little hockey game too). SO I went up to the hostess, asked about our party reservations, saying I wanted to see where they were going to put us. After a blank stare, she opened the reservation book, and there was Paula - right there in the book. She said we were getting the hi-tops in the back area of the bar. It was really crowded (I guess it is for any event at MSG), but once back there, it looked good. Plenty of wide screen TV's everywhere for a goood view of the videos. I say this is the place, but we must understand it WILL be packed in there (not unlike Walters and Mustang Harry's are sure to be). We may want to do Stouts on Wednesday, and book both for Friday and see how we felt in Stout's.
BTW, didn't go into Joe's but took a peak in the window and it was relatively empty. And for those wondering, it is across the street from Stout's
January 6th, 2006 01:31 AM
pdog Now remember kids, don't get too drunk on the first night, we need everyone in top shape for friday!
Good job everyone... Really, I'm impressed, this is going to be (insert excited verbage), I can't wait...
January 6th, 2006 05:42 AM
egon thank the replies, much appreciated.

Scope,

i take it penn station on time square?
January 6th, 2006 08:02 AM
scope
quote:
egon wrote:
thank the replies, much appreciated.

Scope,

Penn Station is on 33 street. Times Square is generally considered to be the area around 42 street, so they are close. What hotel are you at? If you are at the Marriot with LJ, that hotel is between 45th and 46th. Probably about a 15 minute walk, but with luggage and possible cold weather, your best bet would be to take a cab from outside the main entrance to Penn. Should cost around 5-6 bucks
January 6th, 2006 09:36 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Hey LadyJane, unless they have added one recently, the Hotel Pennsylvania hasn't had a bar for about 12 years.

Its on the street entrance...33rd if I am not mistaken...i was there during Christamas...it was always a fave get together spot before the Dead shows as well!!!
January 6th, 2006 10:25 AM
egon thanks v much scope.

last question (promise);

would it be better/quicker to take a taxi straight from jamaica station to the hotel?
January 6th, 2006 10:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
thank the replies, much appreciated.

Scope,

Even better...Penn Station is in the same block as Madison Square Garden
January 6th, 2006 10:41 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Even better...Penn Station is in the same block as Madison Square Garden

thanks gazza, but i was thinking of gonig to the hotel 1st
and drop of the suitcase ;-)
January 6th, 2006 10:43 AM
LadyJane Outstanding work scope!!!!!!!!

Let's chat on the phone tonight or in Couchie Talk.

Once we have everything in place, I'll start a new thread with details of the pre-party.

In the meantime....I have found through the Boston and Chicago experience that it helps to have as many cell phone numbers as possible. We need to start thinking about getting that list together.

I will coordinate if necessary. I have many of your numbers already....those I do not have...please PM me with the info. I will NOT give out your number to anyone besides myself unless you tell me otherwise.

Whew.......LJ WILL be EXPECTING many drinks for her efforts.

LJ.
January 6th, 2006 10:49 AM
jb I think I am fucked...I am , for the first time, on one of the Fan Asylum tours, and I must be inside MSG to get tickets at 5 PM .....sadly, the concession stands thing may be a reality!!!!(no joking)

[Edited by jb]
January 6th, 2006 10:53 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I think I am fucked...I am , for the first time, on one of the Fan Asylum tours, and I must be inside MSG to get tickets at 5 PM .....sadly, the concession stands thing may be a reality!!!!(no joking)
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]

if you would have just paid top dollar using a broker like you usually do, this would not be a problem...you have humiliated LJ, yourself, and Florida! I would not be surprised if people refuse to greet you at the lower level popcorn stand!
January 6th, 2006 10:56 AM
LadyJane Bullshit....I've dealt with those clowns before.

Get your tickets and meet us at Stout. They cannot stop you.

LJ.

January 6th, 2006 11:01 AM
Egbert
quote:
egon wrote:
would it be better/quicker to take a taxi straight from jamaica station to the hotel?

Egon, taxi fare/travel time from Jamaica Station wouldn't be much different than a taxi from JFK. If you're planning on going the JFK/Jamaica Sta./Penn Sta. route I would suggest sticking to the trains the whole way. The distance from Penn Sta. to Times Square is just over a half mile straight up 7th Avenue. If your luggage is light and you don't mind crowded sidewalks it's an easy walk.

Taking a taxi from the airport is the easiest (and most stress-free) option, but it will cost you an extra $25 or so.

If you're looking for the quickest way to get to your hotel I would suggest taking a cab directly from the airport.
[Edited by Egbert]
January 6th, 2006 11:04 AM
LadyJane I am NOT taking a train..too much luggage...how much will a cab from LaGuardia to Times Square set me back and are they easy to get???

LJ.
January 6th, 2006 11:09 AM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Bullshit....I've dealt with those clowns before.

Get your tickets and meet us at Stout. They cannot stop you.

LJ.

josh did not use adda and now many will be upset at not greeting him! He did not think this through as I had advised him to seek alternative ticketing. I apologize on his behalf as many will be disappointed!
January 6th, 2006 11:14 AM
Egbert
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I am NOT taking a train..too much luggage...how much will a cab from LaGuardia to Times Square set me back and are they easy to get???

LJ.

Cabs are the way to go from Laguardia (no trains stop at the airport). I believe there's a set fare to midtown from both NYC airports that runs either $30 or $35. Cabs are easy to get - each terminal has a taxi stand right outside of baggage pickup area.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)