ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Mike Post Theme (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
9th December 2006 02:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

I can clear out enough room on the floor to throw down the mattress and lay out poison and traps a week in advance of your arrival. Then we can do the show in style taking public transportation and getting $20 tickets in the parking lot while stealth drinking Gatorade and Tequila. I, for one, am looking forward to their first indoor L.A. area show in over 10 years!

Funny !!!!

Dan , After that post -- I might just come out to L.A.
10th December 2006 06:29 AM
Jumping Jack Omaha video:

http://www.ketv.com/newsarchive/10497566/detail.html
10th December 2006 09:52 AM
glencar Interesting story about that roadie-turned-keyboardist but BOY! Omaha's "news crew" is definitely 3rd tier. They could never make it in Altoona, much less a major market.
10th December 2006 10:56 AM
Jumping Jack Did you notice that guy in the stands during ICE with his pants around his ankles trailing toilet paper, LOL?
10th December 2006 04:57 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Interesting story about that roadie-turned-keyboardist but BOY! Omaha's "news crew" is definitely 3rd tier. They could never make it in Altoona, much less a major market.

It is a ' minor league market ' for sure .

Actually Blue , Keith Moon was at the show .

He has attended many of the Who concerts on this tour and Keith sat right next to me for most of the gig . He missed the first few songs as he was chatting up some Germanic blonde in the " Club Lounge " and had just begun drinking his large " Vodka RedBull " when the band came on stage a bit early and launched right into " Can't Explain " .

Anyway , Keith absolutely adores the new album and feels the musicianship in the band rivals anything the old WHO used to do back in the mid ' 70s . He mentioned specifically Zak's stick work and Pete's guitar playing but was especially impressed with Roger's voice holding out for the entire tour . Oh , and Keith likes the way they are turning up Pino's bass playing in the mix .

Keith did not stick around too long after the gig as he was on his way to party with SirMoonie at the next evening's WHO show at the Xcel Center in St. Paul . In fact , I didn't even get a chance to say , " Goodbye " but I am quite sure I will see him again real soon

Kins.
11th December 2006 09:05 AM
polytoxic
quote:
Joey wrote:

Here I IS !!!!!!!!!

Holy Frig ...................

What Can I Possibly Say ?!?! ... It was a magical night and one of the Greatest Rock n' Roll Concerts that I have EVER witnessed in my Forty - Two Years here on this orb . Real Quick ..... a complete listing of my TOP FIVE ALL TIME GIGS :

1. Stones , Omaha '06 / THE WHO , Omaha '06
2. Stones , Denver ' 03 / THE WHO , Englewood , CO , '02
3. Stones , Kansas City ' 99 / THE WHO , Denver ' 00

..... Oh , Frig it .... Why do I even bother to see other musical acts ?

Anyway , ......about last night !!!!!!!!

The Arena was only 3/4ths full ( about 12,000 people ) as the upper levels on the two sides were COMPLETELY tarped off ( see : Soldier Field for the Stones this past October )
Still , as a member of ' my crew ' pointed out , the band sold all the expensive seats so WTF ?!?!

THE PRETENDERS were awesome and the Omaha Crowd actually showed up ' in mass ' for the band --- I mean , when you have two groups that have already been inducted into the " Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame " on the bill , it is best to have only one drink in the VIP Lounge and then get to one's seat quickly . That being said , I had an excellent spot in the lower bowl , row three , eye - level to the stage and RIGHT in front of Pete . I could see Pete and Rog. watching THE PRETENDERS from the wings and when Chrissie acknowledged them the audience erupted ................YEAH !!!!!!!!

....and THEN !!!!!!!

It was time for THE WHO !!!!!!!

I was still taking a pee in the VIP lounge when I heard the opening strains of " Can't Explain " . Damn . They sure did not wait very long between acts . I tucked Lil' Joey back into my pants - whilst in full stream - and RAN to me seat -- almost knocking some poor middle - aged woman who was carrying a tray of beers down in the process . Whew ***** That was close ******

I arrived just in time to see Pete looking at me as he finished the first song and then the band launched right into " The Seeker " . There was a minor technical problem as Pete switched guitars almost immediately but from that point on you could tell that " THE PETEY " was going to be on FIRE for the remainder of the evening . Sure , Roger's voice has been affected somewhat by a cold and the incredible number of shows but the " Chairman of the Board " played one blistering solo after another and the opening to " Who Are You " reminded me of Camden ' 02 --- YES !!!! ... THAT inspirational -- just wait until you see the DVD of THIS concert .

Anyway , the set - list was just the same as all the rest of the shows except for no " Good Looking Boy " --- Thank Heaven ( the Joey is not a big Elvis fan but he likes Elvis' choice in women ) . The graphics on the screen during " Man - in - a - Purple Dress " was absolutely Friggin Haunting and we got " Dress " , " Black Widow Eyes " ( about the Belsian Massacare ) and " Mike Post Theme " back - to - back - to - back " ( this gave your young ' a dancin' ' Joey a chance to wipe the perspiration off his forehead , drink some more of his Vodka Redbull , and rest his fanny for the final numbers ) .

Roger's voice seemed to get stronger as he fed off the tremendous audience enthusiasm during " You better / You Bet " , " My Generation " and the epochal " Won't Get Fooled Again " ( which has taken on a new cultural resonance these days as America is about to lose only its Second War EVER .... DAMN !!!! .... Why ?! ) .

During the ' Tommy ' encore , Pete's BIRDMAN was spectacular and brought the entire house down ( ...... though Roger failed to break apart his tambourines )

" See Me / Feel Me " witnessed Roger's voice almost totally giving out -- ( how he will manage to perform tonight in St. Paul MUST be credited to his doctors -- still the guy is one tough cookie and I wouldn't fuck with THIS sixty three year old ) -- and " Tea & Theatre " was sublime ( I think Roger liked the way I would yell out between verses and he nailed the song with a fiery passion and emotion ) .

The final moment of the evening ( one that I shall ALWAYS remember ) took place at the very end as Rog. and Pete stood alone on the stage and said ' Goodbye ' . I made eye contact with Pete and extended out my arms to him whilst imitating his ' pouring - out - my - heart - to - the - audience gesture ' ... Pete did the same thing back to me and smiled ....................................

Lovely !

Kins .

RIGHT ON!
11th December 2006 02:53 PM
Joey

Pete is such a handsome devil .

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
11th December 2006 06:31 PM
BILL PERKS CRY IF YOU WANT,JOEY?
11th December 2006 10:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

It is a ' minor league market ' for sure .

Actually Blue , Keith Moon was at the show .

He has attended many of the Who concerts on this tour and Keith sat right next to me for most of the gig . He missed the first few songs as he was chatting up some Germanic blonde in the " Club Lounge " and had just begun drinking his large " Vodka RedBull " when the band came on stage a bit early and launched right into " Can't Explain " .

Anyway , Keith absolutely adores the new album and feels the musicianship in the band rivals anything the old WHO used to do back in the mid ' 70s . He mentioned specifically Zak's stick work and Pete's guitar playing but was especially impressed with Roger's voice holding out for the entire tour . Oh , and Keith likes the way they are turning up Pino's bass playing in the mix .

Keith did not stick around too long after the gig as he was on his way to party with SirMoonie at the next evening's WHO show at the Xcel Center in St. Paul . In fact , I didn't even get a chance to say , " Goodbye " but I am quite sure I will see him again real soon

Kins.

You're FUCKING INSANE!
12th December 2006 05:31 AM
Jumping Jack Omaha pictures for my Baby Joey

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=11elsjj.83cl9t2j&Uy=pibjlc&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0
12th December 2006 11:05 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Omaha pictures for my Baby Joey

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=11elsjj.83cl9t2j&Uy=pibjlc&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

YOU MAKE JOEY GIDDY !!!!!!
12th December 2006 11:06 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
CRY IF YOU WANT,JOEY?

Perks .................................

I do not particularly care for your avatar .

kins.

[Edited by Joey]
13th December 2006 05:28 PM
Gimme Shelter I just received the DVD of the San Jose show. What an incredible show it was.
13th December 2006 06:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I just received the DVD of the San Jose show. What an incredible show it was.

My DVD of the Omaha , NE gig will not be ready until Christmas ...........

........fade to white ***** ( Like an Angel ) ******
13th December 2006 07:05 PM
lotsajizz Lara Means saw angels......

it was not a good thing.....
13th December 2006 07:15 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Lately, I can't seem to get through the day without crankin' this tune off the new Who album at least thrice....that disk is really growing on me!!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]

i dont get it. did the who name a song on their new album "the mike post theme..?" the only mike post theme's i know of are the ones from tv - the d00d is prolific at those... law and order, and i think he was also the one that did all those guitar ones in the eighties (magnum pi, etc.) (not to be confused with jan hammer from weather report that did the guitar synthesizer ones, most noteably miami vice)... did the pete and roger really write a song about this guy..?

14th December 2006 01:20 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

My DVD of the Omaha , NE gig will not be ready until Christmas ...........

........fade to white ***** ( Like an Angel ) ******

Make me a copy? I've never seen an "Omaha" in teh amking!
14th December 2006 10:02 AM
Joey " .....i dont get it. did the who name a song on their new album "the mike post theme..?" the only mike post theme's i know of are the ones from tv - the d00d is prolific at those... law and order, and i think he was also the one that did all those guitar ones in the eighties (magnum pi, etc.) (not to be confused with jan hammer from weather report that did the guitar synthesizer ones, most noteably miami vice)... did the pete and roger really write a song about this guy..? "

I believe ( not quite sure ) that Mike Post wrote the theme song to the RockFord Files Television Show ....

.....and many other 1970's television programs that were very popular in Europe as WELL as America .

[Edited by Joey]
14th December 2006 10:04 AM
glencar Mr. Post's most famous theme is from Hill Street Blues. It's oddly compelling.
14th December 2006 10:04 AM
glencar I might add that the current Who song is not compelling the least. It's warmed over "It's Hard" material.
14th December 2006 10:09 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:
I beleive ( not quite sure ) that Mike Post wrote the theme songs to the RockFord Files Television Show ....

I love:
The show,
The Song and
James Garner

Magnum, as cool as he was, is just a poor mans Jimmy Rockford!!

14th December 2006 10:12 AM
Joey
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I love:
The show,
The Song and
James Garner

Magnum, as cool as he was, is just a poor mans Jimmy Rockford!!

Agreed !!!!!

You are a very smart person --- I like the way you think !
14th December 2006 10:13 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mr. Post's most famous theme is from Hill Street Blues. It's oddly compelling.

Really ?! ... Cool !

Hill Street Blues ROCKED !!!!!
14th December 2006 10:14 AM
glencar Who could it be? Believe it or not, it's ME!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006236/
14th December 2006 10:14 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Really ?! ... Cool !

Hill Street Blues ROCKED !!!!!

Stick with me, you'll learn much.
14th December 2006 10:17 AM
Joey " Stick with me, you'll learn much."

14th December 2006 10:18 AM
glencar Oh ho ho! That guy got more ass than a McDonald's toilet seat!
14th December 2006 10:35 AM
Joey " Oh ho ho! That guy got more ass than a McDonald's toilet seat!"

14th December 2006 01:33 PM
BILL PERKS HE WAS RUMORED TO PRODUCE VAN HALEN AFTER THE VH 3 FIASCO.
14th December 2006 01:44 PM
Jumping Jack Speaking of VH:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=eddie_vh_issues_challenge_to

Eddie VH issues challenge to Diamond Dave: "Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch!" Plus all the latest news in brief…

Edward Van Halen has challenged David Lee Roth to join up with a Van Halen reunion. He told Roth via an interview in Guitar World, “Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!” In slightly calmer mood, EVH expanded: “As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave’s court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we’re ready to go.”

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)