ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Baron Wolman
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Mike Post Theme (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
14th December 2006 01:45 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Speaking of VH:

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=eddie_vh_issues_challenge_to

Eddie VH issues challenge to Diamond Dave: "Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch!" Plus all the latest news in brief…

Edward Van Halen has challenged David Lee Roth to join up with a Van Halen reunion. He told Roth via an interview in Guitar World, “Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!” In slightly calmer mood, EVH expanded: “As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave’s court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we’re ready to go.”

This news demands it's own thread. SOMEGUY!!
14th December 2006 01:52 PM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

This news demands it's own thread. SOMEGUY!!

not yet, still a lot of ins and outs.
14th December 2006 02:42 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

not yet, still a lot of ins and outs.

14th December 2006 05:00 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HE WAS RUMORED TO PRODUCE VAN HALEN AFTER THE VH 3 FIASCO.

Please do not ruin this wonderful ' Mike Post Thread ' with Van Halen Material .

PLEASE !!!!

|
|
|
V
14th December 2006 07:06 PM
glencar Something we can all agree on.
15th December 2006 05:46 AM
Jumping Jack This is one of the few reviews that i think gets it.

http://thereader.com/music.php?subaction=showfull&id=1166118265&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&
Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere - 14 Dec 2006
by Tessa Jeffers

Experiencing a Who concert is a culmination of many things for many people. As I watched opener and Pretender frontwoman Chrissie Hynde prance around in a top hat and red, suede, go-go boots, I thought about how her 55-year-old voice sounded better than it ever has. But still, not a big fan, I was sitting down.

As a quarter-centurian observing a middle-aged crowd, I could see how the demographics could be misinterpreted as a sign that youth are unable to appreciate the legend of The Who. But none of that matters. What does is the spirit — you either get it or you don’t. The Omaha World-Herald reviewer next to me sat emotionless throughout the best band in the world’s two-hour set. Maybe she didn’t get it. Nonetheless, about 9,000 other people did.

At a concert like this, the air guitar is fashionably appropriate. Observing a devout fan a row below really encapsulated the energy. A long-gray-haired man was standing, flailing his arms, with a shit-eating grin on his face that couldn’t help but put one on the face of those nearby. Singer Roger Daltrey and guitarist/songwriter Pete Townshend and company — a backup band consisting of drummer Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr’s son), Pino Palladino on bass, keyboardist John “Rabbit” Bundrick and Pete’s brother, Simon Townshend, on guitar and backup vocals — set the tone immediately with “I Can’t Explain,” “The Seeker” and “Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere.”

As they settled into songs from new album Endless Wire, including a condensed version of mini-rock opera Wire & Glass, Pete urged the audience to watch the stunning graphics on the multi-panel screens behind the band. The crowd intently listened and enjoyed, and even if they were waiting to be rocked with the unmistakable opening notes to a classic, there isn’t a Who song that sucks.

We watched as Daltrey’s veins passionately popped out of his head on “Baba O’Riley,” “Who Are You” and “My Generation” as he swung the microphone in good time. Pete’s still Pete, deliciously quirky shirt, sunglasses, windmill and all. He sounded and looked great (even if he had to censor his jumpkicks a bit, he is 61 after all) — his presence a true pleasure.

During “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” images of military suggestion flashed subtlely on the screens, with never a word spoken of the images. Like true artists, The Who trust their audience to think.

We were given a half-hour encore, including a two-song taste of Tommy in “Pinball Wizard” and “See Me, Feel Me.” The whole affair ended on a fitting note: Daltrey and Townshend alone on newbie track “Tea & Theatre.” At its conclusion, the rock brothers glanced at each other before heartfully embracing. Four decades together’ll do that to ya.

While it’s true that Daltrey struggled vocally — he told the audience he was battling a nasty cold — he sure used all his might. So much about The Who remains magical, and isn’t totally in the ear. You could pretty much tell just by looking around the Qwest Center; a devoted crowd usually sings so loud it muffles discrepancies, anyway. As Pete says, a musical experience is defined by its audience. We were on our feet. ,
14 Dec 2006
15th December 2006 11:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
This is one of the few reviews that i think gets it.

http://thereader.com/music.php?subaction=showfull&id=1166118265&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&
Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere - 14 Dec 2006
by Tessa Jeffers

Experiencing a Who concert is a culmination of many things for many people. As I watched opener and Pretender frontwoman Chrissie Hynde prance around in a top hat and red, suede, go-go boots, I thought about how her 55-year-old voice sounded better than it ever has. But still, not a big fan, I was sitting down.

As a quarter-centurian observing a middle-aged crowd, I could see how the demographics could be misinterpreted as a sign that youth are unable to appreciate the legend of The Who. But none of that matters. What does is the spirit — you either get it or you don’t. The Omaha World-Herald reviewer next to me sat emotionless throughout the best band in the world’s two-hour set. Maybe she didn’t get it. Nonetheless, about 9,000 other people did.

At a concert like this, the air guitar is fashionably appropriate. Observing a devout fan a row below really encapsulated the energy. A long-gray-haired man was standing, flailing his arms, with a shit-eating grin on his face that couldn’t help but put one on the face of those nearby. Singer Roger Daltrey and guitarist/songwriter Pete Townshend and company — a backup band consisting of drummer Zak Starkey (Ringo Starr’s son), Pino Palladino on bass, keyboardist John “Rabbit” Bundrick and Pete’s brother, Simon Townshend, on guitar and backup vocals — set the tone immediately with “I Can’t Explain,” “The Seeker” and “Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere.”

As they settled into songs from new album Endless Wire, including a condensed version of mini-rock opera Wire & Glass, Pete urged the audience to watch the stunning graphics on the multi-panel screens behind the band. The crowd intently listened and enjoyed, and even if they were waiting to be rocked with the unmistakable opening notes to a classic, there isn’t a Who song that sucks.

We watched as Daltrey’s veins passionately popped out of his head on “Baba O’Riley,” “Who Are You” and “My Generation” as he swung the microphone in good time. Pete’s still Pete, deliciously quirky shirt, sunglasses, windmill and all. He sounded and looked great (even if he had to censor his jumpkicks a bit, he is 61 after all) — his presence a true pleasure.

During “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” images of military suggestion flashed subtlely on the screens, with never a word spoken of the images. Like true artists, The Who trust their audience to think.

We were given a half-hour encore, including a two-song taste of Tommy in “Pinball Wizard” and “See Me, Feel Me.” The whole affair ended on a fitting note: Daltrey and Townshend alone on newbie track “Tea & Theatre.” At its conclusion, the rock brothers glanced at each other before heartfully embracing. Four decades together’ll do that to ya.

While it’s true that Daltrey struggled vocally — he told the audience he was battling a nasty cold — he sure used all his might. So much about The Who remains magical, and isn’t totally in the ear. You could pretty much tell just by looking around the Qwest Center; a devoted crowd usually sings so loud it muffles discrepancies, anyway. As Pete says, a musical experience is defined by its audience. We were on our feet. ,
14 Dec 2006

Beautiful !!!!

Thanks Jumping Jack
15th December 2006 11:22 AM
Joey " Like true artists, The Who trust their audience
to think. "

THAT is why I love the Rolling Stones / The Who and the Beatles so much .

Kins

|
|
V

15th December 2006 12:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Please do not ruin this wonderful ' Mike Post Thread ' with Van Halen Material .

Guitar legend Eddie Van Halen is saying that former Van Halen singer David Lee Roth has definitely been asked to rejoin the group, and that they are awaiting his decision.

"I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!'" Eddie told Guitar World magazine. "As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

The band now features Eddie’s 15-year-old son Wolfgang on bass, replacing longtime member Michael Anthony, with his dad and uncle Alex on guitar and drums respectively. If Roth re-joins, he would be following in the footsteps of Sammy Hagar, Gary Cherone and…er…himself.

"Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing," said Eddie. "He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

Now, I hear from reliable sources that the reason Dave has not taken them up on their offer is that he is not being asked to join as a member, but as a paid sideman. Wolfgang, however, has been made a full-fledged member. So even though it would be ¾ of the original classic lineup, and they’d likely be playing all material that Roth co-wrote, Diamond Dave stands to make less money than Eddie’s 15-year-old son...who has been playing bass for three months!!! IF this is true, then no friggin’ wonder Dave ain’t steppin’ up to the plate to sign on th dotted line!!! But of course, this is all rumors and speculation on my part, and I certainly wouldn’t know what I’m talking about…
15th December 2006 01:06 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Guitar legend Eddie Van Halen is saying that former Van Halen singer David Lee Roth has definitely been asked to rejoin the group, and that they are awaiting his decision.
...…

and we care.......why?

15th December 2006 03:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

"I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!'" Eddie told Guitar World magazine. "As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

The band now features Eddie’s 15-year-old son Wolfgang on bass, replacing longtime member Michael Anthony, with his dad and uncle Alex on guitar and drums respectively. If Roth re-joins, he would be following in the footsteps of Sammy Hagar, Gary Cherone and…er…himself.

"Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing," said Eddie. "He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

Now, I hear from reliable sources that the reason Dave has not taken them up on their offer is that he is not being asked to join as a member, but as a paid sideman. Wolfgang, however, has been made a full-fledged member. So even though it would be ¾ of the original classic lineup, and they’d likely be playing all material that Roth co-wrote, Diamond Dave stands to make less money than Eddie’s 15-year-old son...who has been playing bass for three months!!! IF this is true, then no friggin’ wonder Dave ain’t steppin’ up to the plate to sign on th dotted line!!! But of course, this is all rumors and speculation on my part, and I certainly wouldn’t know what I’m talking about…

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.

[Edited by Joey]
16th December 2006 07:46 AM
lotsajizz too good
16th December 2006 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
too good

Bless You Jizzy ......

There is nothing like quality material --- it is a poster's dream .
16th December 2006 04:07 PM
lotsajizz Hey Joey!! It's ALL good....my Boston 9-18-06 DVD rocks...you will love yours I'm sure!

16th December 2006 04:16 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.

JOEY! You must come to Indy in March. It will be the best Who concert EVER!
16th December 2006 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Hey Joey!! It's ALL good....my Boston 9-18-06 DVD rocks...you will love yours I'm sure!

I pre-ordered the Omaha , NE DVD/CD Combo last weekend .

YES !!!!!!

www.petetownshend.com

16th December 2006 06:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

JOEY! You must come to Indy in March. It will be the best Who concert EVER!

Steamboat Bill .......................

It is my sincere belief that Pete & Rog & Company will make a return visit next spring to both Minneapolis ( to make amends for Roger's voice [or lack there of ... ] at the gig ) AND Omaha ( Outstanding , Receptive and Enthusiastic crowd ........ A good " WHO TOWN " -- YES !!!!! )

http://www.longliverock.org/

http://www.longliverock.org/

Word .

'Kins ! ™

[Edited by Gary Coleman ]
[Edited by Joey]
17th December 2006 10:22 AM
Lil Brian Joey, I case you missed it, we did it baby! We took down the Cardinal at the Qwest Center last night, 3-1, for our 3rd title. I think it was louder than The Who in there!

Huskers Win National Title
BY TODD HENRICHS / Lincoln Journal Star
Sunday, Dec 17, 2006 - 12:39:01 am CST

OMAHA — Home has never been so sweet. As kids, it’s hard to believe that Jordan Larson and the other homegrown Huskers ever dreamed of winning a national championship in their own backyard. But there’s no doubt they always dreamed of being Huskers. And what a dream come true Saturday was for those players and little girls from Omaha to Scottsbluff yearning to one day play for the Big Red. Related: Photo gallery

Together, they celebrated a national championship.

Nebraska, with key contributions from five in-state players, defeated Stanford 27-30, 30-26, 30-28, 30-27 to claim the program’s third national title and the first in the last three seasons as the nation’s No. 1 team.

Omaha native Dani Mancuso must have hugged everyone in Qwest Center Omaha by the time she finally made it into the happy Husker locker room. As cell phones buzzed with text messages of congratulations and tears mixed with wide smiles, Mancuso said her dream had come true.

“I couldn’t ask for a better group to win this with,” she said, including her coaches, teammates and the NCAA volleyball record crowd of 17,209 that shared in the moment.

The taxpayers who helped to foot the bill for Qwest Center Omaha apparently did so with Nebraska volleyball in mind. The Huskers, who have won 58 straight matches in their home state, are now 7-0 at the venue where they’ll return to open the season next year.

The crowd roared as Nebraska pushed to a 28-21 lead in game four, and it was just a matter of counting down the points. Mancuso, an Omaha Gross graduate, got No. 29, a kill key in thwarting a Stanford rally.

But once the Cardinal got to within 29-27, Nebraska had to use a timeout. With Mancuso and injured Husker All-American Christina Houghtelling arm in arm on the sideline, the Huskers came out with a perfect pass, a precise set and Larson’s match clincher.

Head coach John Cook described the title with terms such as “unbelievable” and “awesome,” and said it was a fairy tale for Nebraska to clinch it on back-to-back kills from home-state players.

It could also be described as unexpected, even though Nebraska had been ranked No. 1 all season. The Huskers (33-1) did it without Melissa Elmer and Jennifer Saleaumua, the greatest blocker and digger, respectively, in program history.

They won without Houghtelling, who wore an ice pack on her surgically repaired shoulder before the match and mixed expressions of sadness and joy after it. When she joins up with Sarah Pavan next season, Nebraska will have the luxury of two national players of the year on the court at the same time.

Now that’s pressure.

Nebraska, however, learned to deal with pressure this season. When the magnitude of trying to make it to Omaha seemed to be weighing on his team and the result was up-and-down performances, Cook organized a meeting and told the team to let it go. If they didn’t make it, he’d take the heat.

A November loss at Colorado served more as a springboard to success than a recipe for disaster — that is until Nebraska found itself in a heap of trouble against Minnesota in the NCAA regional final.

Down two games to none, Nebraska went to the locker room and regrouped. Pavan took over when the match resumed, making good on her pledge that she wouldn’t let Nebraska lose and guaranteeing this would be quite a week in Omaha.

The Huskers didn’t beat just anybody. Washington’s Huskies won the title against Nebraska last year, but Stanford is the sport’s big dog. The No. 2 Cardinal (30-4) sought its seventh title and a sixth straight national championship for the Pacific-10 Conference.

Indeed, Stanford is where Pavan, this year’s Academic All-American of the Year, thought she would attend college and win championships. But after falling in love with Nebraska and its fans, to not get Saturday’s win might have crushed her.

Instead, she cut loose with 22 kills and added 13 digs.

“I’m a lot more relaxed right now,” she said. “It’s unbelievable to know we’re the best team in the country.”

Even in losing game one, there were positive signs for the Huskers. Foremost was the start of Larson, whose seven kills in 12 first-game swings equaled her total in 70 swings over Nebraska’s last two final four matches.

In game two, it was Nebraska that made the late push. After Pavan blasted an overdig for a 24-24 tie, setter Rachel Holloway bounced off the court and screamed encouragement to her teammates. On the next rally, Holloway rushed to the net to dig a ball that NU turned into an out-of-system kill from Mancuso.

When the Huskers closed out the game to tie the match, the volume from the crowd reached its volleyball-week peak.

And that was only the beginning.

With Amanda Gates coming off the bench to spark Nebraska, the Huskers stormed from behind to win game three, overcoming a 26-22 deficit. Game four was tight until Gates lunged to pass a tight-to-the-net serve and Larson flew out of nowhere to block a ball that seemed destined as a kill for Stanford.

“I thought at that point, all the doubt went to Stanford.” Cook said.

Suddenly, Nebraska found itself counting down the points to a championship. Libero Dani Busboom, who had 21 digs, tried to block it out and couldn’t. Holloway tried not to smile, but couldn’t.

Why not enjoy it?

“This team definitely maxxed out to get to this point,” Cook said.

The journey that started last December in San Antonio in the loss to Washington, that continued half a world away in Japan and China, that included the jolting regular-season loss at Colorado and an exhilarating season-saving victory in Florida, ended as a dream come true.

For all the Huskers and future Huskers everywhere.

17th December 2006 03:48 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Joey wrote:

Steamboat Bill .......................

It is my sincere belief that Pete & Rog & Company will make a return visit next spring to both Minneapolis ( to make amends for Roger's voice [or lack there of ... ] at the gig ) AND Omaha ( Outstanding , Receptive and Enthusiastic crowd ........ A good " WHO TOWN " -- YES !!!!! )

If that's the case, they MUST come back to Chicago because they were originally going to add a date on Dec. 12 after Columbus but they never did. They should also come back to Columbus to make up for Roger's voice if they do Minneapolis. There is no such thing as too much WHO!
17th December 2006 06:16 PM
glencar Quite frankly, one show was enough for me. Enjoyed it but I see no need to keep it going.
17th December 2006 06:44 PM
Joey " Quite frankly, one show was enough for me. Enjoyed it but I see no need to keep it going. "

Blue ....................................................

17th December 2006 06:44 PM
glencar Joey, is Rachel a webmaster on pete's board?
17th December 2006 06:47 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, is Rachel a webmaster on pete's board?

Frig No !!!!!!!!!!

Rachel is too busy with her very own " Attic Jam " website
17th December 2006 06:48 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
Quite frankly, one show was enough for me. Enjoyed it but I see no need to keep it going.

[blank friggin' stare]
17th December 2006 06:50 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

[blank friggin' stare]

Hello Jizzy ..........................

The Chiefs play San Diego this evening --- I believe we are going to lose BIG !!!!!!!
17th December 2006 07:53 PM
glencar LARRY THE CABLE GUY Alert!!!!!

Joey, Nebraska's best comedian (living variety) is featured on tonight's 60 Minutes. Now I expected him to be yer typical Cornhusker but frankly, he's pretty effing funny!
17th December 2006 08:29 PM
lotsajizz really? I never checked him out......
18th December 2006 10:30 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
LARRY THE CABLE GUY Alert!!!!!

Joey, Nebraska's best comedian (living variety) is featured on tonight's 60 Minutes. Now I expected him to be yer typical Cornhusker but frankly, he's pretty effing funny!

Give me Johnny Carson ANY Friggin Day !

Joey Carson ! ™
18th December 2006 01:08 PM
glencar I agree there. But still, I thought this guy would be another Jeff Foxworthy & he was not. He made me laugh.
18th December 2006 02:07 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
He made me laugh.

Does anybody remember laughter ...............?!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)