ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saddam Hussein Has Been Caught! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
12-16-03 07:55 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
glencar wrote:
This just in - Madonna Endorses Gen. Wesley Clark!!!!

Wow. i guess this makes Madonna a political mover and shaker!
LOL!!!!!
12-16-03 08:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wait...you guys think there are going to be changes over there???

Seriously? Or were you just being sarcastic?

There have been no fundemental changes over there in thousands of years. You guys don't seriously think that we can roll in, snap our fingers, and make "fundemental" changes in the muslim society. I hate to tell you this guys, but it just doesn't work that way.

Hundreds of men have tried, and failed. All of them better men than lil' Georgie Jr. and his oil posse.

They don't want us there, or our brand of freedom. So I say, fine. Fuck 'em. We did them a huge favor by ridding the area of a sadistic demagog. Hand him over to the Iraqis, and let's get our people home. Or better yet, let's send our people in Iraq to Afghanistan and finally roust bin Laden's scraggly beard out of his spider hole too! I mean, Iraq ain't that far away from Afghanistan, let's go get his sorry ass!

Or is this "War on Terror" thing just a nifty sound bite?
12-16-03 08:21 PM
Maxlugar The times they are a-changin'....

Even for the unwashed towel headed spider hole dwellers!

MACKY!
12-16-03 09:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, that's easy to SAY Maxy my Maxy....but infinately harder to actually DO.
12-16-03 09:07 PM
Maxlugar It sure is but we gotta try. When the airliners start crashing into our tallest buildings, it's time to make some changes.
12-16-03 09:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot So it's only worth doing because it was innocent American blood that was spilled?

What if it was South African blood Maxy? Would you feel the same way? Or is it just revenge?

I too feel the need for revenge...even though it is quite an ugly emotion. I just want revenge on the people responsible for the airliners that crashed into our towers. Iraq and Saddam didn't have anything to do with it. Your spite is misplaced in Iraq.

Don't fall for the bait and switch routine. We need to get bin Laden.
12-16-03 09:36 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
" Iraq and Saddam didn't have anything to do with it. Your spite is misplaced in Iraq."

It may be true that he didn't have anything to do with 911. Then again he might have. There is evidence he had a hand in the first WTC attack. There is loads of evidence starting to come out about a warming relationship with Osama that Saddam had been starting up. Those are the things you should be worried about. 911 but ideas in lots of evil heads. Time will tell what was up.

"Don't fall for the bait and switch routine. We need to get bin Laden."

There are plenty of people looking or Bin Laden. They never stopped.
12-16-03 10:35 PM
nankerphelge That's true Maxy!

About a month ago, the Pentagon combined the efforts of two different groups -- Task Force 5 which had been operating in Afghanistan and looking for UBL, and Task Force 20 which was operating independently in Iraq and looking for Saddam.

The two were combined into Task Force 121, a multidisciplinary group of intelligence and operations personnel that were re-tasked with locating and apprehending or killing UBL and Saddam. They did a great job getting Saddam!

I hope they have equally good success with UBL! Wonder if they'll take him alive!

12-16-03 11:05 PM
glencar SS, I think enacting fundamental change over there will be tough but now's the time to do it. Don't forget that the economic pressure put on South Africa caused the end of apartheit(sp?). Economic pressure won't work with the Arabs because they have what we need. As for "bait & switch" I think we're still hunting for OBL/UBL & we'll get him soon enough.
12-17-03 12:04 AM
Maxlugar Nanky,

You've read this, right?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/378fmxyz.asp

Shiver!

MACKY!
12-17-03 09:31 AM
FotiniD There's a beautiful comic strip at ta-nea.dolnet.gr, let's hope this link works:

Saddam is being judged at court as a war criminal and he asks: "But what crime have I done?". The judge answers: "You'be been exploiting our oil Saddam!"

Just don't forget that there're two sides in every coin...
[Edited by FotiniD]
12-17-03 09:52 AM
nankerphelge Max -- I did see that article. I was amazed that the Senate Intelligence Comm. had this memo and that certain members of the committe who shall remain ball-less (Rockefeller) were at the same time seeking to ride the Administration's basis for going to war.

Then, once the memo was out, there was all this clamor to find out who leaked the information. That is secondary -- the fact is we had a ton of corroborated intel over a 10 year period, but certain politicians didn't like the result, so press on with plans to smear.

Someone call Ringling Brothers -- one of their clowns escaped and is hiding in the office of the Senator from West Virginia.

[Edited by nankerphelge]
12-17-03 10:08 AM
Joey " Hand him over to the Iraqis, and let's get our people home. Or better yet, let's send our people in Iraq to Afghanistan and finally roust bin Laden's scraggly beard out of his spider hole too! I mean, Iraq ain't that far away from Afghanistan, let's go get his sorry ass! "

Stoney , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your young , moist , glistening , GLISTENING sweaty Stoney forehead and just say , " Thanks !!! " for being so damn smart .

" Stones Rule ...............Oh , You Bastards !!!! "

Jacko !
12-17-03 10:43 AM
glencar It's smart to want to grab OBL? I think we all want him nabbed too. And tried by a US court. We don't need no stinkin' international tribunal.
12-17-03 10:45 AM
telecaster joey why did LBJ insist on picking out targets personally in Vietnam? He should have been like W. and delegate leaving it to the field commanders. Did we ever pop Ho Chi Min?
12-17-03 10:46 AM
glencar Did the GOP spend countless hours in the 60s asking why we hadn't caught Ho yet? BTW Ho Dean's campaign is melting down.
[Edited by glencar]
12-17-03 11:58 AM
telecaster We never found Hitler so like WMD he must never had existed
according to the left

12-17-03 12:01 PM
jb To me, the WMD was irrelevant....after 9/11 we nedd to take out any leader who poises a serious threat to our security. My only regret is that we have not invaded Syria, Iran, and North Korea as well...the leaders of these countries are the very faces of evil that must be eradicated...
12-17-03 12:02 PM
glencar We can't do NK because of the nukes. Iran looks like it'll possibly melt down from inside. Syria is a possibility although I don't think we have enough world support for that.
12-17-03 12:05 PM
jb So we let North Korea remain a threat to launch a ballistic missile and kill millions in either South korea or potentially the US?
12-17-03 12:08 PM
glencar Nah, I think we're reaching a multi-lateral agreement with them, the Chinese, the Russians, the Japanese & US. They're very untrustworthy though.
12-17-03 12:16 PM
Joey " joey why did LBJ insist on picking out targets personally in Vietnam? He should have been like W. and delegate leaving it to the field commanders. Did we ever pop Ho Chi Min? "

There were " Russian Advisors " everywhere in Hanoi ( At the SAM sites , in and around Haiphong Harbor , and at military installations located in North Vietnam ) -- One errant bombing run and you got WWIII on your hands .

Plus , Ho had secret agreements with China that would act as a " trigger " effect and bring China into the war on North Vietnam's side . ( Ho and the rest of the Vietnamese secretly HATED the Chinese but the logic would have been " Better to eat Chinese Dung for awhile until the Americans are driven out !!!!!! " )

Plus , the idea was to keep the costs of the war hidden from the American Public so that Johnson's " Great Society " not be shelved . Johnson saw what WWII did to the " New Deal " and what the Korean War did to the " Fair Deal " and he was NOT going to let it happen to " The only woman he ever loved -- THE GREAT SOCIETY !!!! ( Most of which is still intact today ) .

Word !

JACKY !!!!!

12-17-03 12:18 PM
glencar President Bush's method obviously works better. Clearly Syria isn't going to jump to Iraq's defense.
12-17-03 12:20 PM
glencar Remember how SS described how he let's everyone at work think he's got a hair trigger temper? That's how the USA should act.
12-17-03 12:29 PM
jb SS is very, very serious...the same could be said for Corgi and fmk438j.....
12-17-03 12:31 PM
glencar But do you see my main point?
12-17-03 12:31 PM
Joey

corgi gets so damn serious that my teeth hurt .
12-17-03 12:45 PM
jb When can't he be more like SIA-a prince of a man. What does Corgi stand for? Being serious?
12-17-03 12:47 PM
glencar It's those dogs that the Queen of England always carries with her.
[Edited by glencar]
12-17-03 03:29 PM
Joey " When can't he be more like SIA-a prince of a man. What does Corgi stand for? Being serious? "

From Websters Dictionary ( 2004 Edition ) :

SIA = Prince

Corgi = Serious

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8