ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saddam Hussein Has Been Caught! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
12-14-03 11:04 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Down In The Hole, he looks a little Torn and Frayed.Got him by the Short and Curlies. Maybe I'm just Crackin Up.
12-14-03 11:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well apparently it was caught under the command of a Mexican-American bastard, well done!

The commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, Lt General Ricardo Sanchez smiles during a news conference following the arrest of ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in Baghdad December 14, 2003. Iraq's former Deputy Prime Minister Tareq Aziz, in U.S. custody for seven months, helped to confirm the identity of Saddam Hussein after his capture, an official with the U.S.-led administration said Sunday. REUTERS/Alexander Demianchuk
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
12-14-03 12:12 PM
glencar Marcus, I'm having trouble understanding your writing. Can you restate it?

And yes, Sanchez has been quite an asset in this war.
12-14-03 12:39 PM
Steel Wheels Marcus,

I don't need you telling me what kind of post I wrote. I think we all get what I mean by blue jeans and rock and roll.

Until the next time I say goodbye,

Super Patriot Steel Wheels
12-14-03 02:40 PM
marcus aurelianus Never mind ,Glencar . It was good talking.

Steel Wheels , blue jeans and rock'n'roll may be good for us , people of western countries . But this pleasure doesn't have to be shared by everybody in the world . Our culture is not theirs ( and vice versa).
12-14-03 02:42 PM
UGot2Rollme captured alive but he'll probably have a talk show someday...
12-14-03 02:52 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Marcus, today is a great day. The French are cheering, right?

Yep. Not dancing madly in the street, perhaps! The so-called "latin" temperament has been greatly exagerated. but there's a general feeling of "good riddance". Though most observers fear (not without reason) that it's not an end to the problems in the Middle East. But it's a whole other can of worms...
12-14-03 02:52 PM
LadyJane This one is much better than the one I posted earlier!!

Coward! I'm surprised he didn't off himself!!

Here's to our brave troops!!

LJ.
12-14-03 03:14 PM
marcus aurelianus Monkey Woman , tu es française ?
12-14-03 03:15 PM
Monkey Woman Un peu, mon neveu !
12-14-03 03:23 PM
marcus aurelianus Je me disais bien depuis pas mal de temps ...
Partages-tu pont mon point de vue partiellement ou pas du tout ? J'ai sans doute beaucoup de mal à me faire comprendre de mes interlocuteurs .Ce que je dis est souvent pris pour un simple anti-américanisme , alors que mon soucis est autre .
Content de faire ta connaissance en tout cas .
12-14-03 03:27 PM
Monkey Woman You are welcome.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
12-14-03 04:17 PM
Gazza >He looks like a homeless bum.

"looks like"? He IS a homeless bum. well, a homeless bum with $750,000 in his pocket
12-14-03 05:12 PM
Some Guy Does anyone get that 25 million $$ reward??
12-14-03 05:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot Good. We captured the evil SOB. Now, let's bring our troops home, and let the Iraqis develope their country as they wish.

Or do we have to stay untill we find the fabled "Weapons of Mass Destruction"? I don't know why no one has ever asked me where they are...I know where they have been all along.

The feared WMDs are being guarded by Bigfoot, the Yeti and the Loch Ness Monster on Elvis's UFO based at the lost continent of Atlantis. There are also some hidden near the Fountain of Youth in El Dorado, fabled city of gold.

Go get 'em Georgie boy!
12-14-03 05:21 PM
hoobler marcus and sir, you're the only guys who have a clue.
12-14-03 05:47 PM
glencar Spoken by a clueless one...
12-14-03 05:50 PM
hoobler turn off your tv. take a logic class.
12-14-03 06:00 PM
glencar I can't turn off the TV just yet. The newscasters are telling us all about the great capture of Saddam yesterday. And seriously, you don't want to challenge me in politics/international matters.
12-14-03 08:18 PM
hoobler if you're gonna tell me what your idiot box is telling you, what do i need you for?
12-14-03 11:29 PM
Scottfree The logic of some people... So people still don't believe that Sadam didn't have WMD's? Not only did they have bio and chem, but enriched uranium as well, within the next couple months we will find out. Monsoor ljaz, claims they have someone that would come forward after Hussein was captured and locked away or killed.....I trust Monsoor more than any other source, seeing how he is on the inside...time will tell
12-14-03 11:56 PM
BILL PERKS IT'S GREAT WE CAUGHT THE BASTARD AND I HOPE THEY HANG HIM IN PUBLIC...BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN WORTH THE LIVES LOST AND STILL DOES NOT HIDE THE FACT THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN MADE TO PAY FOR 9/11.THIS NOT A PARTISON POST.IF A DEMOCRAT HAD BEEN PREZ I DON'T THINK BIN LADEN WOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT BUT THAT'S THE ONLY VENGEANCE I'M INTERESTED IN.ALL THIS WAS DONE TO STEER THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AWAY FROM OUR FAILURE TO CATCH BIN LADEN.IT'S THE ONLY THING IN THAT REGION WORTH FIGHTING(OR DYING) FOR.
12-15-03 05:49 AM
Zeeta Top US official:
"Ladies and Gentlemen.....We got him!"

Crowd;
"YEAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH WOOOOOO!"

Excellent Top Gun esque moment in US history - I laughed my bollocks off and am still laughing!

"I got a lock on Goose I got him!"

"They must be close...I'm gettin' a hard on!"

12-15-03 06:00 AM
Jumacfly Glencar, your vision of france is total bullshit....it s a pity cuz you looks like a nice guy...
now I hope US will find the massive destruction weapon to show to the world they were right, if US are rights, it s not a problem for me ..i m not anti american like many of you seem anti french
12-15-03 06:11 AM
Jumacfly ..and i d like to say i m very happy for my two iraqi friends whose family have been killed by this muthafucka!!
Ahmed and Jaffar it s a great day for you too!!

cheers
Ju
12-15-03 08:14 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was nice to see the Iraqi people cheering in the streets. A hated dictator is gone & captured. It'd be interesting to hear from certain posters too...

As a resident bleeding-heart liberal, I guess maybe I'm one of those "certain posters". Capturing this scumbag doesn't redeem one American life lost, including the ones that will be lost today and tomorrow and next month and next year. All this does is relieve a little bit of the embarrassment of the US failing to get him in '91 or in the last 9 months. My reaction was about the same as when I saw the pictures of the dead Ceaucescu (boy I know I spelled THAT wrong) - a very very bad man getting his comeuppance is always a good thing, but what does it have to do with me? Nothing. Besides saying bad things about us, what exactly did Saddam do to ANY Americans except fight them when they invaded his country? His immense crimes were against Iraqis and should have been left to Iraqis. The aforementioned Ceaucescu was dispatched by the people he oppressed, and the same fate should have been doled out to Saddam. No matter WHAT we (the US occupation forces) do, our presence in Iraq breeds contempt and resentment and fosters further violence. Iraq was not a cauldron of terrorist activity until we turned it into one; the guy we SHOULD be rooting out of his hidey-hole, Osama bin Laden, remains at large, in power, and has reportedly shifted the primary focus of his organization to Iraq, since it's so full of easy American targets.

Capturing this fuckhead shouldn't be more than a blip on our radar at this time. He no longer had ANY power and posed even less threat to American security than he did before this illegitimate war started. We need to make sure we don't break our arms patting ourselves on the back. The thought that anyone over here gives a shit about the happiness of Iraqis is ridiculous - everybody talks about it NOW, but nobody cared when he was killing thousands of his own people, because he was the enemy of our enemy, Iran. (Iran, who by the way is actually doing the things we accused Iraq of but found no proof of (nuclear program) but whom we can't deal with right this moment because we're up to our eyeballs in Iraq.)

In case you don't recognize the faces, this is Secretary of War Ronald Dumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam in Baghdad.

The biggest news story this week for me was actually Bush announcing that countries who didn't support his war would not share in the immense profits of rebuilding Iraq. (Anyone see Tina Fay on SNL saluting the brave patriots of Halliburton and Bechtel? Pretty funny, I thought.) Gangsterism and bald-faced war profiteering on a global scale. Politicians used to at least make an effort to make up good lies and keep a poker face while telling them; Bush and his cronies just sneer and say "So what? What are you going to do about it?"

I just don't get the mentality of what america has become. The Republicans can think of no deadlier insult to the Democrats than calling them "Spendocrats" and accusing them of conspiring to spend money on the welfare and comfort of the american people, yet the Republican president will ask for $87 billion to pay for his war and for rebuilding Iraq. And far worse, demands and get the blood of hundreds of young American men and women in the name of making a better life for Iraqis, a life more closely resembling ours. A life they don't want. We want democracy in a region which will not support democracy, but we want a democracy WE approve of. (If there was a vote today Iraq would vote for the US to get the fuck out of their country.) And capturing the burned-out husk of the guy who used to be Saddam Hussein doesn't change ANY of that.

12-15-03 08:23 AM
Jumacfly good point! nice picture too!
12-15-03 10:41 AM
telecaster FPM say what?

Saddam was paying suicide bombers $25k

The suicide bombers killed more Americans than the USS Cole, first World Trade Center attacks & the 2 US Embassy bombing COMBINED

In addition to harboring convicted terrorists, Abu Abbas (Achille Lauro)for one who was living in Baghdad, he was paying current terrorists who were killing Americans
12-15-03 10:46 AM
Jumacfly Can you prove it Tele?? are you really convinced by the link between saddam and bin laden?? i m not sure of that...the link between bush and bin laden is more evident for me...
12-15-03 10:51 AM
glencar FPM, I actually didn't have you in mind when I wrote "certain posters" but your ideas don't seem far froom theirs. Saddam was a tyrant. Should we have not gone after Hitler? After all, Hitler never harmed Americans. It's an illogical position. Although all evidence of a program of WMDs has disappeared, the assumption for the last decade has been that one existed & that it posed a threat sometime soon. The troops over there are serving our country & deserve all our support.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8