ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saddam Hussein Has Been Caught! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
12-15-03 10:53 AM
glencar Jumacfly, I'm generally not anti-anyone but when I see a string of French posters putting up sheer nonsense, it gets my blood boiling. I guess history isn't taught as well over there these days. But am I anti-French? No. I still will buy your cheese & wine in the future.
12-15-03 10:54 AM
glencar And does anyone have that picture of a young Chirac meeting his friend Saddam? It has as much relevance, maybe more.
12-15-03 10:59 AM
telecaster
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Can you prove it Tele?? are you really convinced by the link between saddam and bin laden?? i m not sure of that...the link between bush and bin laden is more evident for me...

Prove what? Saddam bragged about paying the suicide bombers and the US found Abu Abbas in Baghdad

I didn't say there was a link between Saddam and Bin Laden

There was a clear link between Saddam and terror

We are in a war on terror
12-15-03 11:14 AM
Fiji Joe The footage of this capture absolutely shocked me...The pictures of Hussein...I expected disrespect...I expected defiance...Instead, he came off acting and looking like a broke-down Charlton Heston
12-15-03 11:14 AM
Boomy Fiji, is that you dancin' in my avatar?
12-15-03 11:17 AM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The footage of this capture absolutely shocked me...The pictures of Hussein...I expected disrespect...I expected defiance...Instead, he came off acting and looking like a broke-down Charlton Heston

"He said: 'I'm Saddam Hussein, I'm the president of Iraq and I'm willing to negotiate'," recalled Major Brian Reed, operations officer for the first brigade of the Fourth Infantry Division.

Negotiate? He is living in a 4x6 hole, looks like hell and probably smells like a shit house door on a tuna boat and he wants to negotiate?

12-15-03 11:18 AM
Joey

I have got " Body Bag Fatigue !!!!! " ................................and you ?!?!?!?!

I also have a " Siesta Psychology " .........or so they tell me here at work !

Jacky Hilton !

Drip .....................

Drip ......................

Drip ......................
12-15-03 11:22 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Should we have not gone after Hitler? After all, Hitler never harmed Americans.

Hitler was the allied of the Japanese in WWII, and THEY harmed the Americans.
12-15-03 11:23 AM
Fiji Joe Hell yes Boomy...I promised myself a Macanudo and bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon when they caught this fuck...and that's exactly what I had for dinner last night...

And I see Marcus if back to doing his Jacques Chirac imitation...what a turd
12-15-03 11:26 AM
Joey

This changes NOTHING !!!!!!!!! It was a mistake to have EVER gone in there ............................

What ?!?!?! Oh , sure :

Drip .................................

Drip ..................................

Drip .................................

" How many more today Ronnie ? "

Jacky Cong !
12-15-03 11:27 AM
glencar Monkey Woman, Israel is the ally of the USA & Iraq was harming them.
12-15-03 11:28 AM
glencar Joey, no way! This was one of the best things President Bush has done. We took out a regime that was an increasing danger to the world & we're going to turn it into a workable democracy.
12-15-03 11:29 AM
Boomy Pete "Jacky" Townshend has issued a statement:

The Who will be recording new material for Jercee Joe Records.

The best,

Pete

Yes! The "Two" will be making new music before the Stones will even get together again!
12-15-03 11:30 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
telecaster wrote:

We are in a war on terror

Ah, yes. Sadly, there is no "Terrorland" on Earth. Nor are there non-human terrorists that could be called the absolute ennemy. It brings to mind what people said about World War I: the war to end all wars. More of the same thing does not help much.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to discourage anyone from celebrating the capture of a bloody dictator! It's a good thing for humanity that one can be caught and tried in front of the world, as I hope he will be. But it would be an error to think that's all it will take to resolve the situation in Iraq. It's one more step on a very rocky road, not the end of it.

One more thing: glencar, I see what you mean about Israel. But really these last years, Israel has been harming itself more than any other country.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
12-15-03 11:31 AM
glencar I think we need to tread carefully in Iraq & certainly things can go wrong BIGTIME while we're over there. But the West dithered for a decade while the former Yugoslavia sank into repression, ethnic cleansing & indiscriminate rape & murder. That won't happen now.
12-15-03 11:36 AM
Jumacfly Glencar, Tele, Chirac was like every statesmen in the 80's: on his knees in front of this guy, cuz he was the second producer of oil of the world...you may have noticed the rumsfeld pic of FPM was nearly from the same period..so what?? the deal is always the same: money calls money!!

i m very pissed off by the bush administration, that lie to the world with the MDW, and try to make a link with saddam and bin laden, becuz America want a revenge after the 9/11, that s not a reason to believe in every bullshit your government say to justify this war, a war agaisnt Oil and not terror..if bush wanted to fight terrrorism, he may send troops in Afganisthan 'till the found this asshole Bin laden...or in the CIA office, if you see what I mean.

and don t believe i m a terrorist lawyer; but i m as shocked by the 9/11 than by the Kurd Genocide you know, i just hate liars, even if they rule our world..

ps: anyway i hate Chirac, and if you want to insult him that s your problem! if i say Bush and if you answer Chirac, for me you give the name of the biggest assholes of our beautiful world (berlusconi is off game, of course!)

Cheers my friends, nice to discuss between gentlemen..
12-15-03 11:38 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

and don t believe i m a terrorist lawyer; but i m as shocked by the 9/11 than by the Kurd Genocide you know, i just hate liars, even if they rule our world..

ps: anyway i hate Chirac, and if you want to insult him that s your problem! if i say Bush and if you answer Chirac, for me you give the name of the biggest assholes of our beautiful world (berlusconi is off game, of course!)

Cheers my friends, nice to discuss between gentlemen..

Same sentiments here!
12-15-03 11:39 AM
glencar I actually liked Chirac before his international mischief started...
12-15-03 11:40 AM
glencar And I do appreciate that even though we disagree, it's been civil. Much better than talking it over with Mathjis or Marcus.
12-15-03 11:41 AM
Fiji Joe We should all remember that it will be our children and grand-children that judge us...not modern-day policticians and editorial fuck-wits...Our descendants will pass judgment as to how we behaved when presented with the opportunity, as a world and as civilized people, to rid the world of dictatorships, terrorism and murder...Some took up the fight...some sat on the fence...while others shot their mouths off in anti-war protests not because they had legitimate arguments for their opposition, but because they merely needed to be part of something or some group that validate their lack of self-worth...others could not get past their rabid anti-americanism and anti-semitism long enough to do and support the right thing...are there historical parralels to these latter groups...fucking A...1/3 of Europe lives in secret shame for not having stood up to this madness 60 years ago when they had the chance...
12-15-03 11:42 AM
jb Yet, just like on 9/11, the "poor" Palestinains are marching in the street...this time not celebrating the death of 3k Americans, but protesting the capture and "humiliation" of their beloved Saddam. After all, who is now going to send them 10k for every Israeli child they blow up while eating pizza in downtown Jerusalem or Tel Aviv....these people make me sick, yet somwhow they receive the world's sympathy while America receives the worlds scorn...go figure!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-15-03 11:45 AM
Fiji Joe JB..see the post direclty above yours...I think the last part of that explains much of the world's attitude...the right thing is no concern to them...it is all about what fosters their hatred of jews and americans...
12-15-03 11:46 AM
glencar Well, you had to bring the Palestinians into this, didn't you Josh?
12-15-03 11:50 AM
jb Very well written Fiji...
12-15-03 11:51 AM
glencar JB, do you know who "Exile Mark" is?
12-15-03 11:54 AM
Fiji Joe All this political nonsense aside..I need to enlist the help of the Rocks Off minions...I would like each and every one of you, over your lunch break or otherwise, to visit your local barber shop, your grandpa, or god forbid your grandma, and collect every scrap of grey beard you can find...The wheel in Fiji's head is turning...I envision the largest e-bay scam to ever hit the web...Just how much can we get for a hair of Hussein's beard?
12-15-03 11:54 AM
jb I know of him...he posts on Shidoobee.
12-15-03 11:56 AM
Jumacfly Glencar, I agree with you on last JB's post...
we may have different opinion but if we can discuss to explain our point of view with many respect that s the most important..i just hope war and terrorism will be two forgotten world one day...

cheers, and respect

JU
12-15-03 12:01 PM
glencar Jumacfly, it'll be a long hard slog & in the end, terrorism can never be done away with as new repressions find their way in the world but a strong response is a necessary thing. Thank you for your ability to debate w/o the harshness of the otehr 2 guys! Peace & respect also, gc
12-15-03 12:02 PM
glencar Joshy, Exile Mark & I seem to have developed a running battle like the one you & I had. You were much better at it though. He's such a queenie queen, if you know what I'm saying.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8