ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jagger senior funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
30th November 2006 11:05 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
prism wrote:
Ron and Charlie live in England. It was easy for them to attend. The funeral was intended to be a small family affair. Keith gave Mick plenty of emotional support from Las Vegas to Vancouver. Didn't you see that embrace after the final bow in Los Angeles? They are very close on the level that matters. Mick didn't expect anyone but family to attend his father's funeral. The whole band attended Mick's mother's funeral only because they were all together in Europe anyway, a business meeting in Paris, if I recall. I don't remember Mick flying to Keith's father's funeral. It's no big deal. They have a very strong bond, an emotional one if not a social one.

thats horse shit. Keith can afford to fly in for the funeral.

Mick was very close to his father. Keith should of been there to show his support. Anything less is completely disrespectful.

Bianca was even there for christs sake

30th November 2006 11:47 AM
twicks1 Might've been a tax thing...can't Keith only spend so many days a year in the UK without taking a financial hit or something?

30th November 2006 11:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Might've been a tax thing...can't Keith only spend so many days a year in the UK without taking a financial hit or something?

Cant imagine he's exceeded the threshold for the current tax year, though! He was barely here for a week during the summer!
30th November 2006 01:07 PM
WJ
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Might've been a tax thing...can't Keith only spend so many days a year in the UK without taking a financial hit or something?

Yeah, and Keith is so on the verge of being broke. Poor guy barely has enough to live I'm sure.
30th November 2006 01:11 PM
Saint Sway I think this is very shitty of Keith.

He's 63 going on 16. Time to grow out of the petty insecure teenage ego jealousy shit he still obviously has towards Jagger.

Mick's father past. Show some class and pay your respects like everyone else.

very shitty Keith. Very shitty.
30th November 2006 01:29 PM
twicks1 Surely because we have purchased many Stones albums and concert tickets we know precisely that it was out of petty jealousy that Keith failed to show for the funeral.

Messageboards are a fun way to pass the time, but this is kinda lame.
30th November 2006 01:37 PM
Saint Sway I may not know the exact reason why Keith didnt show up.

But I do know that there is no good reason why he didnt. None.
30th November 2006 01:52 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I may not know the exact reason why Keith didnt show up.

You silly tea bagger, shut the fuck up already.
Not only do you not know the exact reason why Keith didn't show up, you lack any real reason to personally exist at all, so off with you and your inane insights into the world of Keith Richards.

Silly fluffer. Begone!

30th November 2006 01:52 PM
Martha I have no judgment of Keef and this matter, it's none of my business.

Reading the thread brought to mind my own Father's death. A couple of my closest, dearest and most trusted friends, who live less than a 3 hour drive from the funeral, did not come to see me. And on some level that hurt. I went to see them a few days or so after the funeral because I so needed to see them after the loss I had suffered.

This experience taught me a good lesson. I hope I improve on my giving to others in their time of need.

I'm sure Mick and Keef are ok. We all handle these things in our own way.

Mick looks so sad, it breaks my heart. Thank you Fotini for posting the photos.

I send my prayers to all who have suffered loss.

with love,
Martha
30th November 2006 01:57 PM
PeerQueer I agree, he looks as sad as I have ever seen him. That pic of him is of the man, the son, not of Mick Jagger. (if that makes sense)

Remarkable how he forged on for those final shows - when it comes to the business at hand, he is the consumate pro - tough skinny shit who just gets it done.

His father, who I have read was a pretty tough no frills guy in his own day, would have been quite proud.

30th November 2006 03:01 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat It is none of my business whether Keith attends or not. But would have been nice if he gave Mick some support. He might have done that in an other way though. I hope so, Mick will need it in those difficult times. Hell, I know.

Just heard that a friend of the family (mine) has breast cancer.
30th November 2006 03:14 PM
The Wick
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Keith is butchered here, but why isn't Bill Wyman, Chuck Leavell, Bobby Keys not butchered? They've known the man for years too.

Mathijs

Well I mentioned Wyman. As for Leavell and Bobby Keys. Even though they have known him for ages, it's not the same. Keith is his childhood friend and he knew old Joe Jagger when he was a kid. He was also his best mate for years and they are still supposed to be mates. This is the act of a knob if there ever was one.
30th November 2006 04:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Keith is his childhood friend and he knew old Joe Jagger when he was a kid. He was also his best mate for years and they are still supposed to be mates. This is the act of a knob if there ever was one.

agreed.

no one should try and make any excuses for Keith

30th November 2006 04:21 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:
I have no judgment of Keef and this matter, it's none of my business.

Reading the thread brought to mind my own Father's death. A couple of my closest, dearest and most trusted friends, who live less than a 3 hour drive from the funeral, did not come to see me. And on some level that hurt. I went to see them a few days or so after the funeral because I so needed to see them after the loss I had suffered.

This experience taught me a good lesson. I hope I improve on my giving to others in their time of need.

I'm sure Mick and Keef are ok. We all handle these things in our own way.

Mick looks so sad, it breaks my heart. Thank you Fotini for posting the photos.

I send my prayers to all who have suffered loss.

with love,
Martha

Nice post. I think these are tricky matters in some cases & I guess I'll withhold my previous harsh view of his absence.
30th November 2006 05:13 PM
texile
Jagger dynasty carved in stone
30/11/06
By Anna Pukas

FOR every man there comes a moment when he must face up to his mortality and reflect on what really matters in life.

For Sir Mick Jagger that moment came on Tuesday in a draughty suburban church.

Before him, resting on a bier, was the coffin containing the body of his beloved father, Joe, who died of pneumonia two weeks ago, following a fall, aged 93.

Beside him in the front pews and in the ones immediately behind were his ex-wives, Bianca and Jerry, his ex-girlfriend Marsha Hunt and current companion, L’Wren Scott, all but the two youngest of his seven children and his two grand-daughters.

He may be adored by millions but in the unprepossessing surroundings of the Sixties-built church of St Mary’s College in Teddington, Middlesex, Jagger found himself surrounded by the only people who have genuinely loved him – and whom he, in his own way, has loved back.

At first glance the scene appeared to have “major social disaster” written all over it.

The sight of two ex-wives, one former and one current paramour, all of them strong, beautiful women, all of them dressed in stark black called to mind a Mafia funeral, as filmed by Scorsese, perhaps, in which the grieving widow demands retribution for the untimely death of her man and her children swear over their father’s grave to avenge his death.

But the funeral of Joe Jagger was no tableau of vengeance. Here, the women were united in love – both of Joe, the kindly, dependable father-in-law and grandfather, and of Mick, his less reliable, more errant son.

How is that Jagger is still able to command such affection from them? After all, at some point in their lives he has hurt and let down every one of those women.
American singer Marsha Hunt, now 60, who is the mother of Jagger’s firstborn child following an affair with the Rolling Stone, had to fight him through the courts for years before he would acknowledge their daughter, Karis, and provide for her financially.

The Nicaraguan Bianca Perez Mora Macias was four months’ pregnant with their daughter Jade when she married Jagger, at his insistence, in St Tropez in May 1971 (Bianca was perfectly prepared to have the baby out of wedlock).

She has subsequently said that the marriage began to fall apart at the ceremony when she got upset at the pre-marital contract she was expected to sign. When she hesitated, he accused her of trying to humiliate him.

Their first year of marriage coincided with the Stones having to go into tax exile, which led to Mick dragging his 21-year-old wife around Europe and America.

Not only did Bianca have nowhere she could call home, she also always had to ask Mick for money.

For Jagger, meanwhile, his marriage seemed barely to register as an obstacle to his seducing other women. Outwardly, Bianca affected a sophistication she did not feel. “Mick sleeps with many women but rarely has affairs with them,” she said. “They are all nobodies trying to be somebodies.”

But when Jagger flew into Los Angeles in 1978 with Jerry Hall, a Texan model (and the fiancée of Bryan Ferry) very publicly on his arm, it was a step too far;
Bianca filed for divorce.

After leaving a heartbroken Ferry, Jerry, now 50, was to spend 23 years with Jagger and bore him four children: Elizabeth Scarlett, 22, also a model, James, 21, a would-be actor, Georgia May, 14, and nine-year-old Gabriel Luke.

But she too suffered the torment of Jagger’s frequent infidelity. The fact that he took few pains to be discreet only added insult to Jerry’s considerable injury.

When Jagger’s fling with Brazilian model Luciana Morad during the Stones tour in Rio de Janeiro resulted in the birth of a son, Lucas, Jerry called time on the marriage – only for Jagger, in what many saw as a particularly cruel additional twist, to question the legality of the beachside ceremony they had gone through in Bali.

In short, the women who have loved, and been loved by, Jagger have more than enough reason to hate his guts. Instead, when he is left bereft by the death of his adored father, they turn up to wrap him in a maternal embrace.

Death may indeed be a great leveller but it is still difficult to see why such strong, independent women, some of whom have no real need to have any involvement with Jagger, continue to be supportive and indulgent of him.

Partly, the answer lies in both the generations either side of Jagger. Joe Jagger was a strict father, a PE teacher who went on to pioneer fitness for all in BBC TV programmes which were ground-breaking at the time. Mick often acted as his father’s “guinea pig”, demonstrating rock-climbing or kayaking.

Joe was dismayed when Mick dropped out of the London School of Economics to pursue a career in music, which he dismissed as “jungle music”, but he was also encouraging enough of his ambition to lend him the money to get his first band going.

And though Mick has long been the object of countless men’s admiration, Joe was the only man whose respect he wanted, and it was Joe who accompanied his son to Buckingham Palace in 2003 to pick up his knighthood.

Joe was also loved by his grandchildren, on whom he doted, and all the significant women in Jagger’s life remained fond of Joe long after they had split from his son.

On the other side of the generational divide are the Jagger children. His record as a husband may fall well below exemplary but no one has ever said he was an uncaring father. He even managed to persuade Jerry that Lucas – his child by Luciana Morad and the reason his marriage to Jerry collapsed – should meet his half-siblings.

Jerry agreed that the family bonds between the children were more important than any rancour between the adults.

His bid to keep the family together as much as possible entailed buying the flat next door to the family home in Richmond and knocking through a connecting door.

Jerry ended the arrangement when she discovered he had been entertaining L’Wren Scott in the flat, against her express wishes. Jade, too, has had call to admonish her father, whose pursuit of young women is, at 63, beginning to acquire an unsavoury aspect. “No more women younger than me, Dad,” she has warned him, publicly. Jade is 35 and the mother of Jagger’s two grand-daughters, Assisi, 14, and 11-year-old Amba. But it was a very gentle telling-off.

The reality is that Mick Jagger, for all his faults, has managed to keep his family glued together against all the odds.

His relationship with his ex-wives and girlfriends is cordial. His children love him and he adores them.

When he is in despair, it is to the family that he cleaves.

these women have more class than keith....
and each of them has every reason NOT to be there -
but they were there for the man.
the reference to a mafia funeral was funny though...

1st December 2006 12:46 AM
Bitch
Chris Jagger and his sons carrying the coffin.

There is a thread on Shidoobee and all of the negative KEEF posts have been deleted, including mine.

MICK looks so sad, my heart goes out to him, as the dynamics have changed and now he is the eldest, the head of the family, taking over his father's role.

1st December 2006 02:35 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bitch wrote:

There is a thread on Shidoobee and all of the negative KEEF posts have been deleted, including mine.

You mean on purpose? Or any news leaked?

I remembered Mick talking about Brian's death on the Park DVD. Saying something to the likes that he didn't agree with the western concept of death, funerals etc. I'm sure he still feels that way, but what can he do.

I would join the wagon and say "Keith is a prick" for not standing by his best friend (that's what friendship is for, after all) BUT we do not know the exact circumstances people. We're not in the inner circle. There's tons of things that may have happened.
1st December 2006 07:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

1st December 2006 09:59 AM
Martha Thank you for the nice words glencar.
1st December 2006 02:17 PM
Mel Belli Has anybody entertained the possibility there's an innocent explanation for Keith's absence? I mean, I realize Mathijs is as omniscient as God and all, but, really, the rest of us are (un)fairly jumping to conclusions.
1st December 2006 03:04 PM
killerbitch How does anyone really know Keith was not there? He could have been
there the day before or sometime when the photographers were not around.
It is quite possible that he was there and did not make is presence known.
Something is weird here and I think maybe someone could actually find out
what Keith and his presence or non-presence at that time of the funeral
means. I would like to know more.
1st December 2006 04:06 PM
uhurtmypride keef didn't show up because he can't stand mick
1st December 2006 04:07 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I may not know the exact reason why Keith didnt show up.

No. With all due respect, you don't KNOW that....
1st December 2006 04:29 PM
Saint Sway stroke?
1st December 2006 04:31 PM
WJ
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
stroke?

You may want to make that a complete sentence.
1st December 2006 05:02 PM
Saint Sway Tony thinks its fine as is
1st December 2006 06:34 PM
texile
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

No. With all due respect, you don't KNOW that....

know what? keith not showing up is inexcusable.
people defending keith's thoughtless behavior is exactly why the man hasn't grown since he was 21.
1st December 2006 06:44 PM
Bitch
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

You mean on purpose? Or any news leaked?

Yeah, the negative posts and entire threads containing anti-Stones sentiment.. delete, delete, delete, delete. Ass kiss, kiss ass, and posttive energy is the way to go. It's not a bad thing looking at the glass half full. Not always possible, or is it?
Logout. bye, going to check out to Rocks Off, it's cool, no problem, LOL!
1st December 2006 08:54 PM
LeeOfTampa Joe Jagger looks like he was a nice man.
Everyone, espceially Mick and Jerry, looks so sad.
Rest in peace, Mr. Jagger.
1st December 2006 10:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Yeah, the negative posts and entire threads containing anti-Stones sentiment.. delete, delete, delete, delete. Ass kiss, kiss ass, and posttive energy is the way to go. It's not a bad thing looking at the glass half full. Not always possible, or is it?
Logout. bye, going to check out to Rocks Off, it's cool, no problem, LOL!

I acn't post there right now but I prefer this place anyway just because of the lack of censorship & I like more of the posters here.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)