ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
Đ Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jagger senior funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
29th November 2006 01:05 PM
Gazza well..the Daily Mail DID mistake L'wren Scott for Luciana Morad in their photo captions today!
29th November 2006 02:32 PM
Factory Girl Thanks for the great pix, Fotini D!

James Jagger should wash his hair as he is at a public outing...oy vey!

Yes, Keith should have been there. His absence has been noted. He can be such a mean bastard towards Mick, its shameful.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
29th November 2006 04:19 PM
Soldatti I can't believe that Keith missed the funeral. Good pics anyway.
29th November 2006 04:30 PM
Saint Sway Keith claims he was waiting for his trousers to get back from the cleaner
29th November 2006 04:54 PM
Stones Maybe Keith is in Switzerland getting his blood changed...
29th November 2006 05:09 PM
Saint Sway he got stuck in traffic, there was a terrible flood, locusts...
29th November 2006 05:11 PM
tumbling dice
I donīt understand the buzz about Keith didnīt show .He lives in America and the others live in London.Keith had a tough year,what do you think about take a brain surgery and spend months on the road afterthat? The man needs some rest in his own home in Connecticut.
29th November 2006 05:11 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
he got stuck in traffic, there was a terrible flood, locusts...

29th November 2006 05:39 PM
texile i personally hate funerals but you go for the mourners, your FRIENDS.
it's what i've always thought, keith only thinks of himself. it's funny, keith always criticized jagger's women -
but they were there showing support. like gazza said, it's about class.
29th November 2006 05:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:
i personally hate funerals but you go for the mourners, your FRIENDS.
it's what i've always thought, keith only thinks of himself. it's funny, keith always criticized jagger's women -
but they were there showing support. like gazza said, it's about class.

excellent point

[Edited by Saint Sway]
29th November 2006 06:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

I donīt understand the buzz about Keith didnīt show .He lives in America and the others live in London.Keith had a tough year,what do you think about take a brain surgery and spend months on the road afterthat? The man needs some rest in his own home in Connecticut.

Yeah, like its obvious that he's not used to being on a plane and flying in first class for a few hours. It would obviously have been too gruelling an experience.

Keith has known the man for over 45 years and he was the father of his lifelong friend, best man, bandmate and business partner. Regardless of what excuses people make, it looks lousy.

[Edited by Gazza]
29th November 2006 07:02 PM
PeerQueer All is well between Mick and Keith, in fact, betther than it has been for many many years.

Don't forget, Mick said nary a word, nor was by his side, when Keith took that nasty spill and was in far worse shape than was originally known outside of the Stone's inner circle.

It's just their way, and does not indicate any worsening of the relationship.

2007 will prove a remarkable year for the Stones, and the end of an era (1989-present)

Mick does look quite sad in the pics - he really did dote on his parents in their final years. (as did Keith toward his own parents)

It has been a terribly tough year for the Stones family - hoping they get a much deserved break from death, disease, and accidents for a spell...

P.S. - I was told there are a few BRAND NEW Stones tracks floating around - and that they are quite good. Recorded within the last few months.

Anyone else in here hear similar things?

29th November 2006 07:16 PM
Gazza Agree with all of that.

Regarding your "PS" - news to me.
29th November 2006 09:16 PM
texile Don't forget, Mick said nary a word, nor was by his side, when Keith took that nasty spill and was in far worse shape than was originally known outside of the Stone's inner circle.

not the same PQ.....
keith fell out of a damn coconut tree most likely acting stupid....(why the fuck does a 62 year old man CLIMB a tree in the first place?)
keith has demonstrated irresponsible behavior for more than 30 years and the rest of the stones get bored with it.
this was the death of his supposed best friend.
classless......simple as that.
like gazza said,
it's inexcusable.
29th November 2006 09:26 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
The 17-day gap struck me as weird too. That's a lot of days.

Some pictures from the funeral:

Mick and L'wren:

[Edited by FotiniD]

awwww
this pic makes me want to cry.... why the hell is lwren smiling in the back.

p.s~ james is really good looking, but doesnt quite meet his father's great looks
29th November 2006 09:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

awwww
this pic makes me want to cry.... why the hell is lwren smiling in the back.

p.s~ james is really good looking, but doesnt quite meet his father's great looks

To be fair L'Wren's smile is not too bad. I don't think it's a smile that screams,"I'm so happy!" I think it's more of a courtesy smile. A comforting smile,if you will. However,I can understand your questioning everything that L'Wren does when it comes to your man ilmj !!

Riffy
29th November 2006 09:36 PM
texile that really does break my heart...
rarely do we see jagger showing emotion on public -
and he really does seem lost here.
again, keith is too busy to be there.
29th November 2006 09:37 PM
texile
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

To be fair L'Wren's smile is not too bad. I don't think it's a smile that screams,"I'm so happy!" I think it's more of a courtesy smile. A comforting smile,if you will. However,I can understand your questioning everything that L'Wren does when it comes to your man ilmj !!

Riffy

that's how i read it too...
obviously, she's there for him, and i hate to drag this out but..
UNLIKE keith.
29th November 2006 09:39 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

hahah maybe.
but that smile looks pretty evil to me. lol
29th November 2006 09:41 PM
iluvmickjagger07 maybe keith had to do some of that pirate movie crap. or is he done with that? or maybe something really important came up. im sure he has a good reason but if he doesnt, that would be very wrong to just not show up
29th November 2006 09:50 PM
The Wick When Bert Richards died didn't Mick show up? I thought he did, but if not, then I can sort of understand. But if he did show up, then Keith is a real tosser or he's on serious drugs again. I really can't think of anyone being a bigger twat than this. Same goes with Wyman.

As for living in the States, give me a break. In addition to what Gazza said, it's not like he's going to Estonia. It's bloody England, where he's from. He has a massive house there, if not more than one.
[Edited by The Wick]
29th November 2006 09:51 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
So Bianca, L'Wren, Jerry & Marsha all in the same room? WOW!

can you imagine the glares...

that's funny and yes, i did think of that....lol
29th November 2006 10:04 PM
texile
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
maybe keith had to do some of that pirate movie crap. or is he done with that? or maybe something really important came up. im sure he has a good reason...

keith? a good reason?
to suit himself maybe....
he doesn't need a reason - he's keith and that's the problem.... he's never had to think about anything else.
30th November 2006 01:14 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

RIP JOE JAGGER

I agree. I personally couldn't give a crap who went to my funeral but my friends oughta make it to my family's funerals.
30th November 2006 02:50 AM
FotiniD Why are we reading too much into this? On with the conspiracy theories again, they hate each other, bla, bla, bla

Yes, Keith may be a complete asshole that decided he'd rather stay home and drink vodka instead of supporting his best friend.

But heck, this is ONE scenario. What makes you think it is what happened? There are a million others - tons of stuff we don't know. Since he was in Eva's funeral, I don't think their relationship deteriorated that much since THEN. It's not like it happened in the seventies people. They were more or less in the same situation with each other.

It could be anything, things we can and can't imagine. And PeerQueer is right - regardless of whether the Stones have become bored of Keith's tendency for self-destruction at times, after the fall the man was really hanging on a line there. Mick, Ronnie, Charlie didn't visit.

What that is saying to me, is that these people don't act like conventional people. They have been spoiled all their lives and even their relationships and friendships are NOT conventional. We shouldn't expect them to act like the rest of us in stuff like that. They live in their own little worlds - looks great and rock 'n' roll at times, and pathetic at other times, but that's how it is.

Also, I don't think you can hate someone and act like those do on stage. As about the business partners side, I've expressed my view on this several times. In my book, you can't eat, drink and live next to the same person for 90% of your life and see them as just business partners. I've been in the same job for 7 years and my boss has become one of my best friends, for crying out loud. And I HATE my job.
30th November 2006 05:10 AM
Mathijs I sincerely don't see why fans do even care about this. This all is completely private, and it should stay that way. For whatever reasons both Jagger and Richards hardly ever show up on funerals (Brian Jones, Ian Stewart, Nicky Hopkins to name a few). My guess is that they consider these people colleagues, not friends.

Keith is butchered here, but why isn't Bill Wyman, Chuck Leavell, Bobby Keys not butchered? They've known the man for years too.

Mathijs
30th November 2006 05:24 AM
Nellcote Once again, who are we to judge why one goes or does not go? Unless one has some inner circle vibe, this debate is no better than the scandal sheets speculation. Face it, for whatever reason, Keith did not go. Did anyone here go?
Did you travel to the UK to wait outside? After all, one might say that you've followed the group for so many years, one would be "connected" in such a manner that you feel it's good to go stand outside and pay your respects? We, the Uber fans are behind this band so much, it's criminal that we did not. No, you did not, and of course you would not go. To judge why someone did not go, whom you do not even know, who you will never know the reason why one did not go is sad.
This fury about Keith not going does show most here were taught great manners, however, don't look too far into why someone, who you do not even know, did not attend a funeral, just because you think they should have. They don't have to explain themselves to you, as much as you don not have to explain yourself to them.

Oh, and by the way, if it is so bad that this one or that one did not go, remember this when you get the tingle to go to another show, or purchase some item of memorabila, don't buy any tickets to a concert, don't purchase that cd, to make certain you show how upset you are.
30th November 2006 07:11 AM
prism Ron and Charlie live in England. It was easy for them to attend. The funeral was intended to be a small family affair. Keith gave Mick plenty of emotional support from Las Vegas to Vancouver. Didn't you see that embrace after the final bow in Los Angeles? They are very close on the level that matters. Mick didn't expect anyone but family to attend his father's funeral. The whole band attended Mick's mother's funeral only because they were all together in Europe anyway, a business meeting in Paris, if I recall. I don't remember Mick flying to Keith's father's funeral. It's no big deal. They have a very strong bond, an emotional one if not a social one.
30th November 2006 07:17 AM
Gazza Ronnie's brother Art's funeral is tomorrow, apparently. Quite a long wait since his death on November 3rd. Must be quite an emotionally draining week.

I think the Stones will be glad to see the back of 2006.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th November 2006 09:41 AM
Bruno To the person who asked about Luciana Morad, her stepfather, brazilian actor Jece Valadão, died early this week.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)