ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jagger senior funeral Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th November 2006 10:59 PM
texile Entertainment

News - Music, movie, Entertainment
JAGGER'S WOMEN GATHER TO COMFORT STONE AT FUNERAL
Print article
Refer to a friend
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-11-29 02:57:15 -

Rocker SIR MICK JAGGER was comforted by his ex-wives and girlfriends at the funeral of his father in London yesterday (28NOV06).
JOE JAGGER died of pneumonia earlier this month (11NOV06) at the age of 93 after injuring himself in a fall at his home in Surrey, England.
At yesterday's funeral at St Mary's College Chapel in Twickenham, ROLLING STONE Jagger was supported by his current love L'WREN SCOTT, former wives BIANCA JAGGER and JERRY HALL, and ex-girlfriend MARSHA HUNT.
Bandmates RONNIE WOOD and CHARLIE WATTS were also present, as was SIR BOB GELDOF and Jagger's six children.

and where the fuck was keith?

28th November 2006 11:02 PM
glencar I hope no sicko fans tried to intrude on Mick & his family's privacy. I recall one nutjob who wanted to crash the funeral of Chuch Magee(sp?) back in Michigan a few years ago.
28th November 2006 11:15 PM
Stones Security Not to worry.

I get paid a shit load from your ticket purchases to make sure no freaks and sickos get into the Stones' personal affairs.

You can't imagine some of the sick shit I've seen over the years.

I swear, any of you sickos try and dig up Joe's grave...well, let me just say, get your dental records up-to-date!
28th November 2006 11:17 PM
glencar You are a prince among men!
29th November 2006 03:14 AM
UGot2Rollme It's very sweet and touching that Bianca and Marsha Hunt were there. But Keith's absence is disturbing.
29th November 2006 04:06 AM
Mathijs Why on earth should keith be present at the funeral? He's not a personal friend of Jagger since long time, and what do we know about the relationship with him and Joe Jagger? It is known that Jagger sees Wood, Watts and Bill Wyman socially, and it is known that Wood and Joe Jagger could get along very well so it's obvious they attended the funeral. Keith Richards is a businnes partner of Jagger, but not a personal friend.

Mathijs
29th November 2006 04:19 AM
corgi37 Still, its a bit sad. Wasnt Keith at Eva's funeral?
29th November 2006 04:19 AM
corgi37 Still, its a bit sad. Wasnt Keith at Eva's funeral?
29th November 2006 04:52 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Still, its a bit sad. Wasnt Keith at Eva's funeral?

Yep, I think he was.
[Edited by FotiniD]
29th November 2006 04:54 AM
egon the funeral was 17 days later...?
29th November 2006 05:27 AM
FotiniD The 17-day gap struck me as weird too. That's a lot of days.

Some pictures from the funeral:

Mick and L'wren:

Karis, Jade and daughters:

Bianca, Jerry and Marsha Hunt:

Jerry, James, Lizzie and Georgia:

[Edited by FotiniD]
29th November 2006 06:48 AM
LadyJane Wonderful show of unity for Mick. Nice to see the entire family rally at this sad time.

Poor Mick. The sadness on his face is heart wrenching.

Keith...you should have been there.

LJ.
29th November 2006 10:33 AM
BILL PERKS 17 DAY WAIT SO THAT NO MORE SHOWS WOULD BE CANCELLED.THEY OWE THE SHOWS TO COHL WHO HAS ALREADY PAID FOR THEM.
29th November 2006 10:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
But Keith's absence is disturbing.

Some people just don't go to funerals. I don't know what the case is here, but it's a personal choice, I don't find that disturbing at all.
29th November 2006 11:11 AM
Stones Security Fact is, that Richards guy is a bit of a sicko.

He wanted in, we just told him to wait outside.

Guy's skull is already weak.
Don't make me weaken it any more.
29th November 2006 11:13 AM
MidnightRambler For whatever reason Keith missed the funeral...I think the fact that he didn't show is a little sad. Sad because him being there would have been a visual assertion that deep down all the layers of shit and pride they've got between each other...they can suck it up when times are rough. But I guess...not?

Shame.
29th November 2006 11:15 AM
Joey

RIP JOE JAGGER
29th November 2006 11:16 AM
Nellcote Who are we to judge what is right & what is wrong?
It might be that we would attend a funeral, and would
think it's right that others do what we think is right.
29th November 2006 11:39 AM
Joey " Who are we to judge what is right & what is wrong?
It might be that we would attend a funeral, and would
think it's right that others do what we think is right."

You raise an interesting point my Boston Red Sox - loving , JFK - remembering , Big Dig - cringing , inexplicable Afro in - the - '70's - sporting pal .

29th November 2006 11:40 AM
the good
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Keith Richards is a businnes partner of Jagger, but not a personal friend.

Mathijs

I don't think that's true.
29th November 2006 11:46 AM
Stones Security You don't have to worry about what that sicko mathijs says.

We have had our eye on him for some time.

Real sicko, that one.

More than a few times we have thought about taking him out back and kicking the living shit out of him.

As soon as I am done with this donut and my nap, I may do just that....
29th November 2006 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Still, its a bit sad. Wasnt Keith at Eva's funeral?

The whole band was.

I guess he had some 'recording' to do, again.
[Edited by Gazza]
29th November 2006 11:54 AM
Nellcote "inexplicable Afro in - the - '70's"
Actually, think Bowie from the Spiders from Mars days, as this was the look of the day of this typist.
Joey, I'm listening to Scooped as I type this...
29th November 2006 12:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jack White of the Raconteurs/White Stripes:

^ Look, if Jack White showed up to pay his respects then I think Keith absolutely should of been there as well.

I think Keith & Patti both should of been there. It was 17 days later. They had plenty of notice.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
29th November 2006 12:10 PM
Riffhard Keith should have been there. Period. End of story. The only valid excuse in my book is a medical emergency of his own,or some mutual agreement between Mick and Keith due to some previous appointment. The whole "bussiness partners" excuse does not wash at all. Joe was 93 and has known Keith since he was a kid. I just hope that this not a sign of a chronic breakdown in the relationship between the two. I'd rather think not as it would appear that they have been getting on pretty well recently on stage. The Las Vegas show notwithstanding,if we are to believe some people that were there.

Riffy

PS-I think L'Wren actully looks pretty good. I also think that Jade's kids look as if they are gonna be gorgeous women in their own right. Plus it's obvious that Jerry had a tough time dealing with the loss of Joe judging by the shots posted here. She looks completely devastated. Sad.
29th November 2006 12:18 PM
BILL PERKS AND WHAT SOURCES ARE WE RELYING ON THAT STATE THAT KEITH WASNT THERE?
29th November 2006 12:37 PM
Saint Sway So Bianca, L'Wren, Jerry & Marsha all in the same room? WOW!

can you imagine the glares...

oh poor Mick

what about Marriane? Or the Brazilian bombshell? Did she bring Joe's grandchild?
29th November 2006 12:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
AND WHAT SOURCES ARE WE RELYING ON THAT STATE THAT KEITH WASNT THERE?

The reports that say his bandmates Ronnie and Charlie were there and which make no mention of Keith. Pretty reasonable to assume that had he been there, it would have been mentioned.
29th November 2006 12:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
So Bianca, L'Wren, Jerry & Marsha all in the same room? WOW!

can you imagine the glares...

oh poor Mick

I dunno. I think it shows class, dignity and respect on the part of everyone concerned. Good for them, and Mick too.
29th November 2006 01:04 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The reports that say his bandmates Ronnie and Charlie were there and which make no mention of Keith. Pretty reasonable to assume that had he been there, it would have been mentioned.

FLEET STREET?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)