ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAΡOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why ?! ...... WHY ?! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
27th November 2007 02:15 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

NOT JUST NERDY, FIJI JOE NERDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mean-spirited and catty...I didn't expect better than a re-hash of some else's lame post, but I did have hope

I will no longer exert any more effort towards your relevance...you, and your irritable bowel posts are on your own

CITIZEN FIJI - THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP
27th November 2007 02:17 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Please tell me you don't watch The View. I watched it one morning to see what the fuss was all about. What a bunch of idiots those women are. It's scary to think that there are so many women out there who like them and respect their opinions. At least that god-awful Rosie O'Donnell is gone. Still, what a henhouse of ignorance. That would be a good book title - kind of like "A Confederacy of Dunces."

Oh God no!!
I was surfing Friday and the cats were fighting about Macca/Mills. I just HAD to watch.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
27th November 2007 02:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Mean-spirited and catty...I didn't expect better than a re-hash of some else's lame post, but I did have hope

I will no longer exert any more effort towards your relevance...you, and your irritable bowel posts are on your own

CITIZEN FIJI - THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP

CITIZEN FIJI - THE PEOPLE'S CHUMP!
27th November 2007 02:23 PM
Starbuck
quote:

is the truce over??!
27th November 2007 02:24 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Scuse me...was you sayin' sumpin?...nah uh...you cain't tell me nuffin'

27th November 2007 02:24 PM
LadyJane
27th November 2007 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Christ , THAT is postin' on loan from God right there .
27th November 2007 02:26 PM
gypsy Oh little Fiji, you got so much love, little Fiji
And you take it where it strikes and give it to the likes of me
Oh little Fiji, he got so much love, little Fiji
So I see you when I can, you make me all a man can be

And I want you to be my acrobat, I want you to be my lover
Oh there were others who would treat you cruel
And oh little Fiji, you were always someone's fool

Little Fiji, you got so much time, little Fiji
Though you've grown beyond your years, you still retain the fears of youth
Oh little Fiji, you got so much time, little Fiji
But you're burning it up so fast, searching for some lasting truth

Oh there were others who would treat you cruel
But oh Fiji, I will always be your fool

Oh there were others, and I've known quite a few
But oh oh Fiji, I'm still in love with you

Stepped into my life from a bad dream
Making the life that I had seem suddenly shiny and new
Oh Fiji, I'm so in love with you
Stepped into my life from a bad dream

27th November 2007 02:30 PM
Starbuck
27th November 2007 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i too have my suspicions that pug is really bono.

I can't wait for his next return post... gonna be a clunker!
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
where is Blowey?

Maxlugar is on vacation????
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

I can't wait for his next return post... gonna be a clunker!

The Pug is currently traveling in Trenton New Jersey. It doesn't get any clunkier than that.
27th November 2007 02:56 PM
Fiji Joe JB has a Manson like effect over the jobless and other marginals of society...

27th November 2007 02:56 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

The Pug is currently traveling in Trenton New Jersey. It doesn't get any clunkier than that.

postin above the rim.
27th November 2007 02:57 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

I used to go to alot of shows at City Gardens in Trenton, at one time in the later 80's it was the place for punk and all things rock and roll off the mainstream radar...

Is it just me, but did SDH get really weird in this thread with his pics?
27th November 2007 02:58 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

I used to go to alot of shows at City Gardens in Trenton, at one time in the later 80's it was the place for punk and all things rock and roll off the mainstream radar...

Is it just me, but did SDH get really weird in this thread with his pics?

funny!!!
27th November 2007 02:59 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
JB has a Manson like effect over the jobless and other marginals of society...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

27th November 2007 03:01 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

A nice photo of some decent guys having a good time. I hope to meet and greet some shidoobee friends this January.
27th November 2007 03:02 PM
Fiji Joe "Labelsth outh"
27th November 2007 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
"Labelsth outh"

Oh Where ? .. Oh Where ?! ... Has my 2002 Feej gone ?!

Oh , Where ?! ... Oh , Where can he be ?!

27th November 2007 03:06 PM
Starbuck our posting sucks. not even the return of josh has helped.

the bar must be lowered immediately!
27th November 2007 03:07 PM
monkey_man How to recognise a narcissist before it is "too late"?

"Haughty" body language – The narcissist adopts a physical posture which implies and exudes an air of superiority, seniority, hidden powers, mysteriousness, amused indifference, etc. Though the narcissist usually maintains sustained and piercing eye contact, he often refrains from physical proximity (he is "territorial").

The narcissist takes part in social interactions – even mere banter – condescendingly, from a position of supremacy and faux "magnanimity and largesse". But he rarely mingles socially and prefers to remain the "observer", or the "lone wolf".

Entitlement markers – The narcissist immediately asks for "special treatment" of some kind. Not to wait his turn, to have a longer or a shorter therapeutic session, to talk directly to authority figures (and not to their assistants or secretaries), to be granted special payment terms, to enjoy custom tailored arrangements - or to get served first.

The narcissist is the one who – vocally and demonstratively – demands the undivided attention of the head waiter in a restaurant, or monopolizes the hostess, or latches on to celebrities in a party. The narcissist reacts with rage and indignantly when denied his wishes and if treated equally with others whom he deems inferior.

Idealization or devaluation – The narcissist instantly idealizes or devalues his interlocutor. This depends on how the narcissist appraises the potential his converser has as a Narcissistic Supply Source. The narcissist flatters, adores, admires and applauds the "target" in an embarrassingly exaggerated and profuse manner – or sulks, abuses, and humiliates her.

Narcissists are polite only in the presence of a potential Supply Source. But they are unable to sustain even perfunctory civility and fast deteriorate to barbs and thinly-veiled hostility, to verbal or other violent displays of abuse, rage attacks, or cold detachment.

The "membership" posture – The narcissist always tries to "belong". Yet, at the very same time, he maintains his stance as an outsider. The narcissist seeks to be admired for his ability to integrate and ingratiate himself without investing the efforts commensurate with such an undertaking.

For instance: if the narcissist talks to a psychologist, the narcissist first states emphatically that he never studied psychology. He then proceeds to make seemingly effortless use of obscure professional terms, thus demonstrating that he mastered the discipline all the same, as an autodidact – which proves that he is exceptionally intelligent or introspective.

In general, the narcissist always prefers show-off to substance. One of the most effective methods of exposing a narcissist is by trying to delve deeper. The narcissist is shallow, a pond pretending to be an ocean. He likes to think of himself as a Renaissance man, a Jack of all trades. The narcissist never admits to ignorance in any field – yet, typically, he is ignorant of them all. It is surprisingly easy to penetrate the gloss and the veneer of the narcissist's self-proclaimed omniscience.

Bragging and false autobiography – The narcissist brags incessantly. His speech is peppered with "I", "my", "myself", and "mine". He describes himself as intelligent, or rich, or modest, or intuitive, or creative – but always excessively, implausibly, and extraordinarily so.

The narcissist's biography sounds unusually rich and complex. His achievements – incommensurate with his age, education, or renown. Yet, his actual condition is evidently and demonstrably incompatible with his claims. Very often, the narcissist lies or his fantasies are easily discernible. He always name-drops and appropriates other people's experiences and accomplishments.

Emotion-free language – The narcissist likes to talk about himself and only about himself. He is not interested in others or what they have to say, unless they constitute potential Sources of Supply and in order to obtain said supply. He acts bored, disdainful, even angry, if he feels that they are intruding on his precious time and, thus, abusing him.

In general, the narcissist is very impatient, easily bored, with strong attention deficits – unless and until he is the topic of discussion. One can publicly dissect all aspects of the intimate life of a narcissist without repercussions, providing the discourse is not "emotionally tinted".

If asked to relate directly to his emotions, the narcissist intellectualizes, rationalizes, speaks about himself in the third person and in a detached "scientific" tone or composes a narrative with a fictitious character in it, suspiciously autobiographical. Narcissists like to refer to themselves in mechanical terms, as efficient automata or machines.

Seriousness and sense of intrusion and coercion – The narcissist is dead serious about himself. He may possess a subtle, wry, and riotous sense of humor, scathing and cynical, but rarely is he self-deprecating. The narcissist regards himself as being on a constant mission, whose importance is cosmic and whose consequences are global. If a scientist – he is always in the throes of revolutionizing science. If a journalist – he is in the middle of the greatest story ever. If a novelist - he is on his way to a Booker or Nobel prize.

This self-misperception is not amenable to light-headedness or self-effacement. The narcissist is easily hurt and insulted (narcissistic injury). Even the most innocuous remarks or acts are interpreted by him as belittling, intruding, or coercive. His time is more valuable than others' – therefore, it cannot be wasted on unimportant matters such as mere banter or going out for a walk.

Any suggested help, advice, or concerned inquiry are immediately cast by the narcissist as intentional humiliation, implying that the narcissist is in need of help and counsel and, thus, imperfect and less than omnipotent. Any attempt to set an agenda is, to the narcissist, an intimidating act of enslavement. In this sense, the narcissist is both schizoid and paranoid and often entertains ideas of reference.

These – the lack of empathy, the aloofness, the disdain, the sense of entitlement, the constricted sense of humor, the unequal treatment and the paranoia – render the narcissist a social misfit. The narcissist is able to provoke in his milieu, in his casual acquaintances, even in his psychotherapist, the strongest, most avid and furious hatred and revulsion. To his shock, indignation and consternation, he invariably induces in others unbridled aggression.

He is perceived to be asocial at best and, often, antisocial. This, perhaps, is the strongest presenting symptom. One feels ill at ease in the presence of a narcissist for no apparent reason. No matter how charming, intelligent, thought provoking, outgoing, easy going and social the narcissist is – he fails to secure the sympathy of others, a sympathy he is never ready, willing, or able to reciprocate.
27th November 2007 03:08 PM
jb
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
our posting sucks. not even the return of josh has helped.

the bar must be lowered immediately!

When didn't it suck??? This is who we are.
27th November 2007 03:10 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Afternoon shit complete !!!!!!

JoeyLog : ( 11-27-07 ; 14:08 CDT )

** PHEW ! **

Stinky !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
27th November 2007 03:12 PM
LadyJane Come now Bucky.
This is just a microcosm of the 08 elections.

Mudslinging brought to new levels.

LJ.
27th November 2007 03:12 PM
jb A Melena???
27th November 2007 03:13 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm all for stupid posts... it's better than hostility...
what did one retard say to the other?

DuuuuH!
27th November 2007 03:13 PM
pdog you know what, that's not funny, my brother is a retard!
27th November 2007 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
you know what, that's not funny, my brother is a retard!

"There will be a next time"...LJ
27th November 2007 03:18 PM
Joey "... There will be a next time "

< ------- **** END TRANSMISSION *****

Phew !!!! Oh , My .. Lil' Buddy ... You BAD !!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)