ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why ?! ...... WHY ?! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
27th November 2007 03:19 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
"... There will be a next time "

< ------- **** END TRANSMISSION *****

Phew !!!! Oh , My .. Lil' Buddy ... You BAD !!!!

A great way to ease into vegetarianism is to start leaning toward a kosher diet. In fact, more than 80% of the people who purchase kosher items are non-Jew vegetarians. When you eat foods with a kosher label you can be more confident that they do not contain animal products.
27th November 2007 03:21 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

A great way to ease into vegetarianism is to start leaning toward a kosher diet. In fact, more than 80% of the people who purchase kosher items are non-Jew vegetarians. When you eat foods with a kosher label you can be more confident that they do not contain animal products.

I have been told that my smelly , foul - stenchy ' horse - shit ' stools are the DIRECT result of the tremendous amount of alcohol I put down .

I have been told ........................

27th November 2007 03:22 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I have been told that my smelly , foul - stenchy ' horse - shit ' stools are the DIRECT result of the tremendous amount of alcohol I put down .

I have been told ........................

Bloody stools often indicate an injury or disorder in the digestive tract. Your doctor may use the term "melena" to describe black, tarry, and foul-smelling stools or "hematochezia" to describe red- or maroon-colored stools.
27th November 2007 03:28 PM
Fiji Joe jb...please know that I nothing to do with the Trent Green fiasco...I warned your peeps...said warning were unheeded
27th November 2007 03:30 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
jb...please know that I nothing to do with the Trent Green fiasco...I warned your peeps...said warning were unheeded

0-11 is not really a good start.
27th November 2007 03:42 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

0-11 is not really a good start.

It would be ironic that the Fins go winless in the same season that their perfect season is eclipsed...
27th November 2007 03:59 PM
Joey " It would be ironic that the Fins go winless in the same season that their perfect season is eclipsed... "

27th November 2007 04:51 PM
Starbuck Oh, joshie, when I come to post in your threads
You should not treat me like a stranger.
Our blowey would not like the way that you act
And you must realize the danger.

Oh, joshie, am I not a brother to you
And one deserving of affection?
And is our purpose not the same on this earth,
To love and follow keith's direction?

We grew up together
From keno's to the couch
You left and were reborn
And then mysteriously saved.

Oh, joshie, when I come to drive your bentley,
Don't turn away, you'll create sorrow.
Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore
You may not see me tomorrow
27th November 2007 04:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
Oh, joshie, when I come to post in your threads
You should not treat me like a stranger.
Our blowey would not like the way that you act
And you must realize the danger.

Oh, joshie, am I not a brother to you
And one deserving of affection?
And is our purpose not the same on this earth,
To love and follow keith's direction?

We grew up together
From keno's to the couch
You left and were reborn
And then mysteriously saved.

Oh, joshie, when I come to drive your bentley,
Don't turn away, you'll create sorrow.
Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore
You may not see me tomorrow

This is your contribution to the album?
27th November 2007 05:01 PM
Some Guy because of those damn songs I have been singing to myself, oh come save us blowie.
27th November 2007 05:22 PM
Starbuck In the middle of Mr Toads
In the middle of Mr Toads I call your name
Oh blowey, oh blowey, my love will turn you on

In the middle of the bath
In the middle of the bath I call your name
My love will turn you on

In the middle of a post
In the middle of a post I call your name

In the middle of the couch
In the middle of the couch I call your name
My love will turn you on

In the middle of a cloud
In the middle of a cloud I call your name
27th November 2007 05:36 PM
pdog Suicide Hotline just hung up on Me! Again...
27th November 2007 05:53 PM
Starbuck the bar has been lowered! anything goes. i blame bush.

suicide hotline? didn't alex p keaton hang up on someone when he was manning the suicide hotline once?
27th November 2007 06:41 PM
Blowey Who's up for an OSCAR PARTY?!?!?!!!!!!...............

YES!!!!

You bring the Poppers and I'll bring the Gay!!!

Oh YES!!!!!!!!

Your pal,

Blow'kins!!!!
28th November 2007 09:14 AM
Shmoey
28th November 2007 04:41 PM
Joey ************* A POSTER'S STORY ----- THREE HITS A DAY !!!!! **********************

Inchoate Longings ..............

You all remember Inchoate Longings .......those incipient yearnings of yore when an individual could write with the purest of magic and fire the reader with crisp , compact musings whilst offering definitive evidence that burning out and rusting are by no means the only alternatives left to superannuated Stones' Message Board Posters .

Well , www.Maxlugar.com is as far away from what message board posting must surely be as it is possible to get . Indeed , over at www.MaxLugar.com ( with its ' Three Hits A Day !!!!!! ' ) , I could sense shadows and taunting remnants of times when Max was striking , angry and exploring . But this worn showcase of Maxy's is a deeply depressing and an unashamed rite of irrelevant , empty nostalgia and its unsatisfying , predictable triumph relying on past feats , the regressive belief of his flock and , most pathetically , props , gimmicks and his standard poses .

If readers were once inspired by what those old posts of Maxy's once meant , it really does NOT mean anything now . The " Three Hits A Day !!!! " website of the MaxLugar's is unnecessary nostalgia : Unforgivably clinging to the past ; a damning diversion of spirit -- anything but fine posting -- such a static , stagnant waste of energy leaves one frustrated close to tears , and when the darkness falls and the effects hit home , cynical close to hateful . Pity is probably the only true reaction to www.MaxLugar.com . Maxy does not need to flop back -- He's already done EVERYTHING that he needs to -- indeed , the challenges went a long time ago .... all that's left are revival posts .

The www.MaxLugar.com is an appalling exhibition of complacency . So Sad . So Unnecessary .

I Thank You All for Your Time Today !

The Joey , Established 1999 and providing quality postings like this and many like it since day one .

The Joey ..........Quality ....Visionary .....Joey !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
28th November 2007 04:43 PM
Some Guy Joey is packing his A-game!
28th November 2007 04:46 PM
gypsy
quote:
Blowey wrote:
I'll bring the Gay!!!

Well, nevermind, if Feej is going to be there.

CA-RACK!!!!
28th November 2007 04:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Joey is packing his A-game!

You Bet Your Sweet Bippy !!!!!!

W- What ?! .... Oh , sure ! :

***** IT'S HARD -- THREE HITS A DAY !!!! *******

What's Hard Joey ?!?! ………. WHAT ?!?!?! ………Life ?! …. Being THE MAXLUGAR ?!?! Or perhaps breathing life into www.MaxLugar.com -- now with just ' Three Hits A Day !!!! ' -- an institution with no clear idea of its place in the current scheme of things ? Whatever the title's portent , this Website is clearly struggling through a variety of difficulties and overcomes NONE of them .

I could say that www.MaxLugar.com has improved Maxy's posting skills of late , but frankly , that is not saying an awful lot . Where The Maxlugar's previous efforts were an aimless random scrapbook of vague and half-realized musings , this present collection is at least consistent in addressing itself more or less to a single theme : How to live now , in the teeth of horror ( .. the horror … ) , without comfortable illusions or self - deceit . Trouble is , with ONLY ' Three Hits a Day ! ' and the Website's scrupulous attention to honesty that you wonder why www.MaxLugar.com does not acknowledge the final façade and admit that The MaxLugar has become a poster out of time .

Indeed , my Stonesian Buttercups , Maxy's musings are all but thrown away , tethered to a formula they have plainly outgrown . The MaxLugar is now an old Warhorse , loyally serving out its time in harness to a Blinkered Determination : Rock will STAND , right up to the day it keels over backwards . Or else Max is a monument , Grand AND Proud , but now CAKED in Pigeon Shit and ignored by the new generation of posters who populate the Stones' Message Boards .

Either way --- There simply MUST be other avenues found …………………………………..

Developing ………………………………………..

I Thank You All for Your Time Today !
The Joey , Established 1999

Quality …………….Visionary …………….Quixotic …………..Joey !

[Edited by Joey]
28th November 2007 05:01 PM
Some Guy Joey steps up to the plate and points to the bleachers in left field.
28th November 2007 05:09 PM
Some Guy New Van Halen dates:

Thu 11/29/07 Fresno, CA Save Mart Center

Sat 12/01/07 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

Mon 12/03/07 Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center

Wed 12/05/07 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place

Fri 12/07/07 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

Sun 12/09/07 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

Fri 12/14/07 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center

Sun 12/16/07 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

Tue 12/18/07 Anaheim, CA Honda Center

Thu 12/20/07 Anaheim, CA Honda Center

Sat 12/22/07 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena

Fri 12/28/07 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena

Sun 12/30/07 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena

Tue 01/22/08 Oklahoma City, OK Ford Center

Thu 01/24/08 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center

Sat 01/26/08 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

Mon 01/28/08 Houston, TX Toyota Center

Fri 02/01/08 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Mon 02/04/08 Omaha, NE Qwest Center Omaha

Fri 02/08/08 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Tue 02/12/08 Sunrise, FL BankAtlantic Center

Sat 02/16/08 Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Veterans Mem. Arena

Mon 02/18/08 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

Fri 02/22/08 Charlottesville, VA John Paul Jones Arena

Wed 03/05/08 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena

Fri 03/07/08 Raleigh, NC RBC Center

Sun 03/09/08 Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena

Tue 03/11/08 Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena

Thu 03/13/08 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

Mon 03/17/08 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena

Wed 03/19/08 Hershey, PA Giant Center

Fri 03/21/08 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena

Mon 03/24/08 Providence, RI Dunkin' Donuts Center

Wed 03/26/08 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun

Fri 03/28/08 Atlantic City, NJ Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall

Sun 03/30/08 Saint Louis, MO Scottrade Center

Tue 04/01/08 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center

Thu 04/03/08 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena

Sat 04/05/08 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena

Mon 04/07/08 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
28th November 2007 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Joey steps up to the plate and points to the bleachers in left field.

That is RIGHT my Van Halen loving Stonesian pal ....

In fact , I feel a sensate ..... W - What ?! ... Oh , SURE !!!!! ... HERE ya go ! :

*********** MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL --- Why , WHY !!! DO THEY BOTHER OVER THERE AT ALL ?! *************

…….We were ALL ' Young and Full of Hope ' ………………Can anyone REALLY remember when they were " Young and Full of Hope ?!?!?! " Well my Stones' Brothers & Sisters ………………….THAT was THEN !!!!!!!!! …. For a sobering reality check all one has to do is click on www.MaxLugar.com for a luminescent display of all the symptoms of Post - Tour Depression .

The MaxLugar's Website , now with JUST ' Three Hits a Day !!!!! ' is tainted with the decaying , acrid and bittersweet stench of enforced Showbiz success . Indeed , for most of the time , Max takes on all the illusory mannerisms of the 'artiste ' in torment , aware that he has something to prove , but afraid that he may be out of sync with himself . Therefore , against the underlying themes of frustration , isolation , cynicism , disillusionment and self - doubt , www.MaxLugar.com attempts to come to terms with Maxy . However , it is not in the man's nature to go on the defensive , so instead , Max chooses to mount a nihilistic attack -- He lashes out in fury and frustration at : " The MaxLugar " , business associates , members of the C10 , and himself .

Yet , despite all its inherent characteristics of a downer trip , I REFUSE to believe that in ANY serious way that www.MaxLugar.com is " THE END " ! It's more a distinct sign of " maturing " , a girding of the loins . The MaxLugar has ALWAYS been fraught with problems and the paradox here is that it is this very element of anguish that persistently motivates him as such a highly creative force .

I Thank Each and Every Single ONE of you for your Time Today !

" I THANK YOU !!!! "

" I THANK YOU !!!! "

" THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!! "

[Edited by Joey]
28th November 2007 05:15 PM
Some Guy Joey?!

28th November 2007 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Joey?!

YES , Some Guy !!!! : JOEY !!!

28th November 2007 05:28 PM
Some Guy Twenty years ago, Extreme was named Outstanding Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band at the Boston Music Awards.

And this weekend, the local rockers - except for drummer-turned-manager Paul Geary - will reunite and return to their rock ’n’ roll roots.

On Saturday, Nuno Bettencourt, Gary Cherone, Pat Badger and new sticksman Kevin Figueiredo will take the stage at the Orpheum to blow the roof off of the BMAs - the first step to a 2008 world reunion tour and new album.

“We weren’t gonna do it until we had a record out,” said the raspy-voiced Bettencourt from his home studio in Los Angeles. “But (Aerosmith drummer and the BMAs honorary chairman) Joey Kramer reached out to us. He wanted to make the BMAs special like they used to be, so we figured why not?”

The as-yet-untitled studio album with all-new material - the band’s fifth - will drop sometime in spring 2008. A massive tour will follow, said Nuno.

Bettencourt described the new album as a “straight up rock record” that expands on Extreme’s funk-metal sound.

The new album was the key to getting back together as a full-time band, he said. Extreme did a handful of gigs this summer, including a gig at the Bank of America Pavilion in July, but Bettencourt wasn’t interested in becoming a permanent part of a nostalgia act.

“Even though we wanted to do something for years, we had to have something new to offer,” he said. “In the last six months we started writing some great songs. If they weren’t, we wouldn’t be doing this.”

Malden’s own Gary Cherone, a former frontman for Van Halen, and bassist Pat Badger are Extreme-ly happy to get back together with Bettencourt, but original drummer Paul Geary, who manages Godsmack out in L.A., decided to opt out of the reunion. But there’s no hard feelings.

“Paul’s a manager now, he doesn’t play much,” Bettencourt said. “He knew straightaway he wasn’t able to do it, (but) the blessing is definitely there.”

Filling in for Geary is Figueiredo, a Hudson homey who jammed with Bettencourt in his previous project, the Perry Farrell-fronted Satellite Party.

“It felt a little-bit lacking from a rock ’n’ roll aspect,” said the diplomatic Bettencourt of his short-lived stint with Satellite Party.

28th November 2007 05:34 PM
Starbuck
quote:
"Joey steps up to the plate and points to the bleachers in left field....

.....and then trips on his shoelaces coming out of the batter's box."

seriously joey...why must you continually post teh ghey??

quote:
[*********** MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL --- Why , WHY !!! DO THEY BOTHER OVER THERE AT ALL ?! *************

…….We were ALL ' Young and Full of Hope ' ………………Can anyone REALLY remember when they were " Young and Full of Hope ?!?!?! " Well my Stones' Brothers & Sisters ………………….THAT was THEN !!!!!!!!! …. For a sobering reality check all one has to do is click on www.MaxLugar.com for a luminescent display of all the symptoms of Post - Tour Depression .

The MaxLugar's Website , now with JUST ' Three Hits a Day !!!!! ' is tainted with the decaying , acrid and bittersweet stench of enforced Showbiz success . Indeed , for most of the time , Max takes on all the illusory mannerisms of the 'artiste ' in torment , aware that he has something to prove , but afraid that he may be out of sync with himself . Therefore , against the underlying themes of frustration , isolation , cynicism , disillusionment and self - doubt , www.MaxLugar.com attempts to come to terms with Maxy . However , it is not in the man's nature to go on the defensive , so instead , Max chooses to mount a nihilistic attack -- He lashes out in fury and frustration at : " The MaxLugar " , business associates , members of the C10 , and himself .

Yet , despite all its inherent characteristics of a downer trip , I REFUSE to believe that in ANY serious way that www.MaxLugar.com is " THE END " ! It's more a distinct sign of " maturing " , a girding of the loins . The MaxLugar has ALWAYS been fraught with problems and the paradox here is that it is this very element of anguish that persistently motivates him as such a highly creative force .

I Thank Each and Every Single ONE of you for your Time Today !

" I THANK YOU !!!! "

" I THANK YOU !!!! "

" THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!! "

[Edited by Starbuck]
28th November 2007 05:53 PM
Joey

< ---- The Joey is on FIRE !!!!!!

That is right Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

THAT's RIGHT !!!!!

***** INSERT THUMBS UP SIGN HERE !!!!!! ******

28th November 2007 06:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

< ---- The Joey is on FIRE !!!!!!

That is right Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

THAT's RIGHT !!!!!

***** INSERT THUMBS UP SIGN HERE !!!!!! ******

You may take the rest of the day off.
28th November 2007 06:08 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You may take the rest of the day off.

Bless You My Princess .......

Another fine day of postin ' . In fact , I MAY just reward meself with a trip to the Brazen Head tonight :

www.BrazenHeadPub.com

Care to join your young Joeykins ?!

We could make a book of records .....

Developing ........

'kins

[Edited by Joey]
28th November 2007 06:10 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bless You My Princess .......

Another fine day of postin ' . In fact , I MAY just reward meself with a trip to the Brazen Head tonight :

www.BrazenHeadPub.com

Care to join your young Joeykins ?!

We could make a book of records .....

Developing ........

'kins

[Edited by Joey]

Why, I'd be delighted.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)