ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who Went to Ronnie's Book Signing?? Report In, Please! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
1st November 2007 12:16 AM
SweetVirginia Bitch? Fireontheplatter?

Both GTRM and I got diverted from going.
1st November 2007 12:23 AM
fireontheplatter i did......just got home

still floating.

thanks for the direction sv.

twas awesome.....shook his hand.
he personalised my friends copy...even more awesome.

great day
was in the 3rd row
waited 10 hrs.

worth every minute.
1st November 2007 12:28 AM
fireontheplatter any questions?
1st November 2007 07:15 AM
SweetVirginia What time did you get there?? (I know you said you were going to get there in the morning.) How did he look? Did he say anything? Did you see a crazy girl named Bitch in line?
1st November 2007 07:35 AM
LadyJane Any photos?
Is it a wig???

Congrats FOTP.

LJ.
1st November 2007 09:16 AM
SweetVirginia Good thing FITP didn't stick around in Union Square!

Horror on Halloween as brawl breaks out in Union Square
4 men shot, 1 woman stabbed; possibly gang related
WABC Eyewitness News

(New York-WABC, Nov. 1, 2007) - Four men were shot and another person stabbed after a Halloween melee broke out in Union Square Park this morning.

Eyewitness News is told the victims, between the ages of 18 and 21, were hit when a fight broke out in a McDonald's at 17th and Broadway. Then pandemonium as gunfire broke out at Union Square Park which was packed with Halloween revelers.

The shooting victims, all men, were taken to Bellevue Hospital. A fifth person, a woman, was stabbed and transported to St. Vincent's Hospital in Greenwich Village.

At first, none of the injuries were considered life-threatening, but Eyewitness News later learned, one of the victims is in much more critical condition than first thought.

Police say arrests are imminent and that this may be gang related. Up to three people may be involved in the shooting.

Witnesses described hundreds of people running from a Halloween party in the park.

"We saw some people running, then we heard four to six gunshots," said Natalia Piedrahita. "We started running."
1st November 2007 09:47 AM
SweetVirginia Found some photos from last night:

1st November 2007 09:51 AM
mojoman i was there but got thrown out and was cited for public intoxication...........
1st November 2007 10:00 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Found some photos from last night:

HE LOOKS SO ...exited

Queston to fireonthesomething Did he say nothing when you got your autograph?
1st November 2007 10:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
great day
was in the 3rd row
waited 10 hrs.

Yikes!

Well done on your perseverance
1st November 2007 10:10 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yikes!

Well done on your perseverance

No kidding..10 hrs?...wow..at my age I woulda needed a diaper or someone to hold my spot...lol
1st November 2007 10:11 AM
glencar Sadly, I couldn't make it. There's no way I could have hung for 10 hours unless Ronnie shared his old stash. I shall now order this tome through amazon.
1st November 2007 10:34 AM
SweetVirginia Check with Bitch before you order, Glenny. When I talked to her yesterday she was planning to try and get you one.

I told her your real first name so your book wouldn't say "Glencar". She might have been too far back in the line to get in, though. I think she arrived about 9 hours after FOTP.
1st November 2007 11:15 AM
Ade well done to those who got it!

and i thought i was stupid, queuing for
3 hours in London!
1st November 2007 12:21 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Check with Bitch before you order, Glenny. When I talked to her yesterday she was planning to try and get you one.

I told her your real first name so your book wouldn't say "Glencar". She might have been too far back in the line to get in, though. I think she arrived about 9 hours after FOTP.

Thanks, SV!
1st November 2007 12:42 PM
LastChild i was there. it was a very good time, and i met some great people too.

the b&n staff was really strict, but ronnie wasnt. he signed a few guitars and some posters that people brought with them.

ronnie was so easy going. i was about 7 rows back, out of there by 8ish. definately worth it!
1st November 2007 12:56 PM
pdog
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Good thing FITP didn't stick around in Union Square!

Horror on Halloween as brawl breaks out in Union Square
4 men shot, 1 woman stabbed; possibly gang related
WABC Eyewitness News

(New York-WABC, Nov. 1, 2007) - Four men were shot and another person stabbed after a Halloween melee broke out in Union Square Park this morning.

Eyewitness News is told the victims, between the ages of 18 and 21, were hit when a fight broke out in a McDonald's at 17th and Broadway. Then pandemonium as gunfire broke out at Union Square Park which was packed with Halloween revelers.

The shooting victims, all men, were taken to Bellevue Hospital. A fifth person, a woman, was stabbed and transported to St. Vincent's Hospital in Greenwich Village.

At first, none of the injuries were considered life-threatening, but Eyewitness News later learned, one of the victims is in much more critical condition than first thought.

Police say arrests are imminent and that this may be gang related. Up to three people may be involved in the shooting.

Witnesses described hundreds of people running from a Halloween party in the park.

"We saw some people running, then we heard four to six gunshots," said Natalia Piedrahita. "We started running."

Why anyone would live there or celebrate Halloween is beyond me...
Go figure...
1st November 2007 08:04 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
LastChild wrote:
i was there. it was a very good time, and i met some great people too.

the b&n staff was really strict, but ronnie wasnt. he signed a few guitars and some posters that people brought with them.

ronnie was so easy going. i was about 7 rows back, out of there by 8ish. definately worth it!

he didn't any guitars...u lie
1st November 2007 08:07 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

waited 10 hrs.

what did you do whiel you waited ?? - read the book - THREE TIMES
1st November 2007 08:30 PM
fireontheplatter the signing evenet was coolas anything

it was a wristband event...anone between the hrs of 10 am till 5pm and bought a book or 2 were allowed into and onto the 4th floor.
i got to the front doors at 9am in the morning and waited til 10 4 the doors 2 open
there were about 10 people in front of me
when the doors opened we all rushed in to get our 2 copies of his book and then went outside
then this girl came outside and told us what the deal was.
it was a wristband event....the first 200-225.....250 MAX were guaranteed a seat and a signed copy of thir 1 or 2 books no questions asked.
i seated my ass on the 4th floor at 10 o 9 and pretty much stayed put for the rest of the day.
you were allowed to leave and go outside the store but if you did and wanted your seat back you were to ask the nice person next to you to save it for you otherwise it was gone.
everybody seemed pretty cool at the event because i had to go to the bathroom and to mcdonalds and to grab a slice of pizza about 5-7 times during the day and all the while my pack was still there when i got back
towards around 5pm the place was pretty much packed and there were no more seats left....then i noticed anxious looking peeps beyond the roped off area.
the guy who introduced ron wood lasted about 3-5 minutes...he was waxing on about ronnie for about 3-5 minutes and the music was loud at this point and 250 people were very excited and didn't want to hear any of his stuff and he was cut off short.
the crowd pretty much went nuts as i did and then ron wood made his way to the podium. he walked in from the back of the crowd. he spoke by himself for about 3-5 minutes and then he was all of a sudden bulleted a bunch of questions from the crowd about almost everything which lasted about 7-10 minutes and then he sat down to sign his life away

i am very glad i made the effot to go

i waited 10 hrs until he showed up

the staff at barnes and noble were very nice

there was a 2 book limit

i was able to get 1 of the books personalized for a friend which took ne like 3 go's around....i asked him nicely 3-5 times to write dave dave dave on my page but all i got was a wink and a nod and to please move along

in the end my book read......enjoy ...ronnie '07
i was cool with that
i shook his hand/he shook mine and told him it was an ablolute pleasure to meet u...keep rocing and you are awesome.

if and when keith richards does his book there is talk it will be a 3-4 day sleep outsidefest.
np problemo fo me......

i hope to have photos of the event for you all soon

any questions?
1st November 2007 08:31 PM
LastChild
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

he didn't any guitars...u lie

i do not. i saw three guys walk away with their guitars signed. lucky.
1st November 2007 08:49 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Any photos?
Is it a wig???

Congrats FOTP.

LJ.

thanks

i took 27 disposable photos but i met a couple of people in like that said they were foing to send me photos.
ron wood is rather small in statue and although i have never met mick jagger in person he kinda sorta looks looks like him but not really.
when i got up close to him when he was signing my 2 books i was like what the fuck....this is freaking amazing.
i was there i really was
i shook his hand and said please keep rocking.
his bio may not be word for word but let me tell you people it was out of this word to be so up and close to be so near to a rock star. i saw his wifey in the background too.
1st November 2007 08:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

what did you do whiel you waited ?? - read the book - THREE TIMES

i ate and waited
i don't read that that fast
walked around and talked to people and then went to the b room and stuff.....you know
the people were very cool there
sure, i read some
1st November 2007 08:59 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
What time did you get there?? (I know you said you were going to get there in the morning.) How did he look? Did he say anything? Did you see a crazy girl named Bitch in line?

i was at the store at 9am

weeeell.....he is rather small in statue, maybe 5'8, i think he has his hair done in color.
yes he spoke at the podium by himself ror about 3-5 minutes and the the crowd got abnoxious and started asking him questions for about 5-10 minutes and then he sat down to start signing his book

no, i did not see the crazy gal bitch in line. if only she would have introduced herself to me, that would have been cool.

it was a truley cool and awesome event foir me people and i am still on a high.

if an when keith richards writes his book there is talk of a three night camp out fest.....i'm all over it.
1st November 2007 09:04 PM
GotToRollMe 10 HOURS? Holy shit. And I was gonna show up at 5...LOL...
Good on ya, FOP, glad ya made it in and had a good time.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
1st November 2007 09:05 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:

HE LOOKS SO ...exited

Queston to fireonthesomething Did he say nothing when you got your autograph?

he winked at me......there was always about 5 people around him asking him stuff.
all i know is...i tol him that it was an absolute pleasure to meet hi, keep rocking and you are awesome.
i felt like a dork......what the heck could i say
it was all over in about 15-20 seconds and the i was asked to move along
1st November 2007 09:07 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
10 HOURS? Holy shit. And I was gonna show up at 5...LOL...

you should have.....it was cool as shit.

he seems a very cool guy and not full of ego.
1st November 2007 09:32 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i was at the store at 9am

weeeell.....he is rather small in statue, maybe 5'8, i think he has his hair done in color.
yes he spoke at the podium by himself ror about 3-5 minutes and the the crowd got abnoxious and started asking him questions for about 5-10 minutes and then he sat down to start signing his book

no, i did not see the crazy gal bitch in line. if only she would have introduced herself to me, that would have been cool.

it was a truley cool and awesome event foir me people and i am still on a high.

if an when keith richards writes his book there is talk of a three night camp out fest.....i'm all over it.

Keith is too big to do this...
1st November 2007 09:35 PM
LadyJane
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

he winked at me......there was always about 5 people around him asking him stuff.
all i know is...i tol him that it was an absolute pleasure to meet hi, keep rocking and you are awesome.
i felt like a dork......what the heck could i say
it was all over in about 15-20 seconds and the i was asked to move along

Good for YOU, FOTP.
What a rush.
20 seconds can last a long time.
Congrats and you are NOT a dork.

LJ.
1st November 2007 09:57 PM
tumbled
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Good for YOU, FOTP.
What a rush.
20 seconds can last a long time.
Congrats and you are NOT a dork.

LJ.

Dave is so cool, the other book was for me and he got
it personally signed to me in my name and I can't thank him enough he's really a true friend if ever there was one.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)