ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who Went to Ronnie's Book Signing?? Report In, Please! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
7th November 2007 12:51 PM
glencar I can't wait for my signed copy to arrive in the mail!
7th November 2007 01:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I did a quick flip-through of "Ronnie" today. Not very well-written, even by the standard of most celebrity memoirs. Didn't even seem like it was all that revealing. A lot of oft-told tales and legends. Has anyone read it yet?

Like you, I flipped through my copy as well. Seemed kind of weak - I'm not as excited about reading it as I was initially.
7th November 2007 01:32 PM
Blowey
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I did a quick flip-through of "Ronnie" today. Not very well-written, even by the standard of most celebrity memoirs. Didn't even seem like it was all that revealing. A lot of oft-told tales and legends. Has anyone read it yet?

That's right .

THAT'S RIGHT !!!!

THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!! THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!!THAT's RIGHT !!!! *** THAT'S RIGHT !!!! *** Blowey takes his medication *****

|
|
V

Just keep readin' ......... please ..... keep readin'

Keep readin' that book!

H.R. Blowin' Stuff!
7th November 2007 05:52 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't wait for my signed copy to arrive in the mail!

how much did you pay for this....if you don't mind me asking??
7th November 2007 06:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

More importantly, Keith's hands are in a grizzled state enough as it is already with arthritis. God knows what they'll be like in 3 years time, they'll almost certainly be a bit too mangled to put up with signing books for a couple of hours straight.

how difficult is it to write the letter k and a pretty much straight line for a couple of hours.
the buzz is that he will do a book and come to the same store as ron wood did and it will be a 3 day camp out fest....hey dude, watch my pack whilst i got to mc donalds for a 4 piece nugget will ya.

if he can do a world tour he can sign books for 2-3 hours....i think so anyway.
7th November 2007 07:59 PM
Gazza What "buzz"?

The book hasnt even been started yet and wont be available for three years and people are assuming what bookstore he's going to be signing copies of it in?
7th November 2007 08:05 PM
glencar IT'S THAT KINDA BUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7th November 2007 08:05 PM
glencar I think IanBillen has a new-found cousin...
7th November 2007 09:52 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
What "buzz"?

The book hasnt even been started yet and wont be available for three years and people are assuming what bookstore he's going to be signing copies of it in?

yeah.....lots of chitter chatter in nyc these days.
7th November 2007 09:53 PM
tumbled the pics turned out dark. Sorry but you get the general atmosphere anyway:

[Edited by tumbled]
7th November 2007 10:31 PM
Bitch Heres a few more pics!

8th November 2007 08:01 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

More importantly, Keith's hands are in a grizzled state enough as it is already with arthritis. God knows what they'll be like in 3 years time, they'll almost certainly be a bit too mangled to put up with signing books for a couple of hours straight.

He'll just do what he does on tour.... Blondie will be under the desk signing the books while Keith distracts them with a leg kick plus double fist to the head-chest-grion maneuver.
8th November 2007 08:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

yeah.....lots of chitter chatter in nyc these days.

LOL..havent they nothing better to 'schmatter' about?

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

He'll just do what he does on tour.... Blondie will be under the desk signing the books while Keith distracts them with a leg kick plus double fist to the head-chest-grion maneuver.

LOL

nice pix Bitch and Tumbled. Is our intrepid FOTP in there somewhere?
[Edited by Gazza]
8th November 2007 08:40 AM
Ade
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

lol- very good
8th November 2007 02:15 PM
glencar THE BUZZ IS ONGOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th November 2007 03:21 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..havent they nothing better to 'schmatter' about?

Schmatta is actually a Yiddish term meaning rags or raggedy clothing, often used in the fashion industry, hence "schmatta, schmatta, schmatta...I can't give it away on Seventh Avenue" (Seventh Avenue being the garment district).

Rocks Off: Ya learn something new every day here!
8th November 2007 03:44 PM
glencar 2 references to teh rag trade on that album...
8th November 2007 03:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't wait for my signed copy to arrive in the mail!

when you get your signed copy, please post a picture of the autograph and i'll let you know if it is real or fake.
the one tumbled posted is real and authentic.

22 yankee dollars and small change + a few bucks for postage sounds pretty cheap for a real ron wood autograph...but hey, good luck to you.
8th November 2007 04:04 PM
glencar I got the book; the autograph is real! One of our fellow RO posters who I've met 3 times before said she would get it for me & she was able to do so & I appreciate tremendously. I'm not some untrusting cretin!!!!
8th November 2007 04:15 PM
sammy davis jr. My take is don't waste your money. Buy it used if anything. I really had no great expectations for it, but alot of it IS the same old stories we Stones fans have heard ad nauseum. It is not well written, and frankly, it casts Ron in a negative light. ( And I though he was supposed to be the nice one!) I also can't believe how stupid Ron and his wife are regarding choosing managers and investments. A 10 year old could make better decisions. Oh well, when your'e a slave to the dope....
8th November 2007 04:17 PM
Riffhard I got mine! My girlfriend works for Barnes and Noble and managed call in a favor to the NYC store! It's not personalized, but who cares really? I heard that at first he was personalizing them and then had to give up and just sign his name because of time constraints, and an insanely long line.

I also managed to pick up Micheal Palin's Diaries-The Monty Python Years. A pretty good book with some cool behind the scenes looks at the formation of the Python troop, and the goings on of the different actors etc.

Riffy
8th November 2007 04:44 PM
Keith Dicks
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I got mine! My girlfriend works for Barnes and Noble and managed call in a favor to the NYC store! It's not personalized, but who cares really? I heard that at first he was personalizing them and then had to give up and just sign his name because of time constraints, and an insanely long line.

I also managed to pick up Micheal Palin's Diaries-The Monty Python Years. A pretty good book with some cool behind the scenes looks at the formation of the Python troop, and the goings on of the different actors etc.

Riffy

Yeah baby:

8th November 2007 04:44 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Is our intrepid FOTP in there somewhere?

yes, can you find me?
8th November 2007 04:55 PM
glencar Are you the guy with the blue scarf & glasses?
8th November 2007 05:10 PM
tumbled That lady is in her 80's!!! Dave is the one with the multiple tongue shirt sittting next to the barrel with all the stickers.
8th November 2007 05:21 PM
glencar LOL I was kidding! I thought he was either the barrel guy or the tall guy w/white hair getting the book autographed.
8th November 2007 07:08 PM
fireontheplatter i think i should be a rocks off header for a day...after all i did wait 10 solid hours to send you folks the shitty dark pictures.
then bitch should be a header picture too....that hippy gal waiting so patiently for sex.

everybody say ow

c'mon gazza....whadda say?
8th November 2007 07:15 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are you the guy with the blue scarf & glasses?

you were close....i was three chairs away from her. she was awesome, very chatty. she wasn't there for her copy...was there for a friend. i wish i had taken a picture of the 90 year old dude 3 rows behind her.
8th November 2007 07:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i think i should be a rocks off header for a day...after all i did wait 10 solid hours to send you folks the shitty dark pictures.
then bitch should be a header picture too....that hippy gal waiting so patiently for sex.

everybody say ow

c'mon gazza....whadda say?

I've no problem with it, but as I've mentioned before, the headers are Voodoo's.....

Its odd to see that Stones crowds in the US have to sit for booksignings as well as for concerts. I just assumed it would be a line of people standing.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th November 2007 07:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I got mine! My girlfriend works for Barnes and Noble and managed call in a favor to the NYC store! It's not personalized, but who cares really? I heard that at first he was personalizing them and then had to give up and just sign his name because of time constraints, and an insanely long line.

i consider myself lucky to get him to put my friend lisa in her book copy....i took me just one time to ask him this.
i shouted at him 4-5 times....put dave, put dave in my copy. but it landed on deaf ears.
there were so many people shouting at him...well, maybe not shouting, loudly requesting perhaps.

i think a personalized copy would have been much cooler.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)