ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena, Atlanta, February 8, 2006
© Yokero Tuchiko with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who Went to Ronnie's Book Signing?? Report In, Please! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
1st November 2007 10:08 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith is too big to do this...

no man

you are to big ...get over yourself

just you wait and see

it will probably be a 3-4 night campout fest when keith does his signing thing at b and n in the city

i'll be there
1st November 2007 10:11 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yikes!

Well done on your perseverance

thanks

i'll send some photos for you when i get them

it was so cool....i still can't sleep
1st November 2007 10:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Good for YOU, FOTP.
What a rush.
20 seconds can last a long time.
Congrats and you are NOT a dork.

LJ.

cool....ron wood is a righteous dude
i felt no ego from him
1st November 2007 11:20 PM
pdog Right on FOP. I hope he comes to SF, but I don't have the luxury of time to stand in line. I do have his book....
If I do get the chance you had, and he asks me how I want it signed, I'm saying like you play guitar, wave while doing it!
2nd November 2007 03:16 PM
glencar with a banana?
2nd November 2007 04:27 PM
Bitch Ronnie Wood Book Signing
Halloween 2007
Barnes & Noble
Union Square, NYC

Halloween in New York’s lower east side is a unique experience in itself! There is a traditional Halloween a parade that brings out massive crowds of people in costume, as well as spectators. Over 20 city blocks are closed off to traffic, and Barnes & Noble is located directly in the area of the street closings and parade goers. I gave myself an extra hour travel time, which was not enough! Needless to say, in order to reach Barnes & Noble early, I had to literally JUMP out of the cab and RUN 4 blocks to the bookstore. A friend who was already there called my cell and told me they were quickly running out of wristbands, which were necessary to get RONNIE’s signature. By the time I got there, I was one of the last few to get a wristband, which was around 5:30 and the event was to take place at 7 PM. I just made it, thankfully got the wristband, and proceeded to buy 2 books which was the maximum amount per person for Ronnie’s signatures. The promotion was 20% off the list price of $25, so each book cost $22.50, a very reasonable price for a nice hardcover book with pictures! Elated! They handed us a flyer which read RONNIE will not personalize with names, or sign other items, just the books. Apparently Ronnie didn’t get the flyer, because a few people brought guitars, vinyl albums, and pictures, which he signed! Lucky them! He arrived bit late, no surprise there, due to the parade chaos outside, and was introduced. He looked FABULOUS, was very happy, and you can see how excited he was about the turnout of fans who supported the book. He was asked 3 questions, WHEN’S THE NEXT TOUR? Gimme a break, we just got finished touring! ARE YOU WORKING ON ANY SOLO PROJECTS? “YES, I’ve got something on the back burners. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CITY? He was fumbling for an answer and blurted out New York. There were approx 200 people in attendance and the crowd was let out row by row to the stage area where Ronnie sat to sign the books. He talked to each person briefly, shook hands, took pictures, was laughing and enjoying himself! He is funny, lively, happy, and a wonderful person to be around! I was so thrilled to meet him, and as I spoke to him, he reacted with a smile and big laugh, he found my comments amusing and thanked me! It was so cool, he signed my books with a heart and his signature. The man ahead of me, Tony, was an old friend of RONNIES, and Ronnie’s face lit up when he saw his buddy, so he drew a little picture in Tony’s book. I watched him personalize it and create the drawing, it was so amazing! Ronnie said to Tony did you see??Lloyd??, he’s here too. How nice that RONNIE’S old NY pals showed up to greet him, but he’s such a great guy everyone loves him!! Jo was there, and she looked beautiful in a long black dress, she’s very pretty and petite, also glowing with happiness and pride for Ronnie and his accomplishments. After the books were signed, they cut off our wristbands, and we shuffled down to the streets. There was no point in trying to leave The Village, since the roads were still blocked, so we were tricked and treated to watching the people in costume, and since I was dressed up as a “hippie” I fit right in. The people are totally into it, and the best costumes I saw were Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein, a very scary Dracula, and LOTS of PIRATES. Most people were having fun, but some were drunk and rowdy. The next day on the news, it was reported that 4 people were shot and killed right in Union Square, the location of the book signing, just around midnight. Wow we were lucky RONNIE finished up by 9:30! That’s New York, always extreme.

(as usual, my pictures suck)

[Edited by Bitch]
2nd November 2007 04:51 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
with a banana?

Hahahaha!
2nd November 2007 04:54 PM
LadyJane Great review and pics Bitch.
So happy for you!!!

LJ.
2nd November 2007 04:54 PM
glencar pdog, Bitch got me a copy!!!!!!
2nd November 2007 06:00 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Ronnie Wood Book Signing
Halloween 2007
Barnes & Noble
Union Square, NYC

Halloween in New York’s lower east side is a unique experience in itself! There is a traditional Halloween a parade that brings out massive crowds of people in costume, as well as spectators. Over 20 city blocks are closed off to traffic, and Barnes & Noble is located directly in the area of the street closings and parade goers. I gave myself an extra hour travel time, which was not enough! Needless to say, in order to reach Barnes & Noble early, I had to literally JUMP out of the cab and RUN 4 blocks to the bookstore. A friend who was already there called my cell and told me they were quickly running out of wristbands, which were necessary to get RONNIE’s signature. By the time I got there, I was one of the last few to get a wristband, which was around 5:30 and the event was to take place at 7 PM. I just made it, thankfully got the wristband, and proceeded to buy 2 books which was the maximum amount per person for Ronnie’s signatures. The promotion was 20% off the list price of $25, so each book cost $22.50, a very reasonable price for a nice hardcover book with pictures! Elated! They handed us a flyer which read RONNIE will not personalize with names, or sign other items, just the books. Apparently Ronnie didn’t get the flyer, because a few people brought guitars, vinyl albums, and pictures, which he signed! Lucky them! He arrived bit late, no surprise there, due to the parade chaos outside, and was introduced. He looked FABULOUS, was very happy, and you can see how excited he was about the turnout of fans who supported the book. He was asked 3 questions, WHEN’S THE NEXT TOUR? Gimme a break, we just got finished touring! ARE YOU WORKING ON ANY SOLO PROJECTS? “YES, I’ve got something on the back burners. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CITY? He was fumbling for an answer and blurted out New York. There were approx 200 people in attendance and the crowd was let out row by row to the stage area where Ronnie sat to sign the books. He talked to each person briefly, shook hands, took pictures, was laughing and enjoying himself! He is funny, lively, happy, and a wonderful person to be around! I was so thrilled to meet him, and as I spoke to him, he reacted with a smile and big laugh, he found my comments amusing and thanked me! It was so cool, he signed my books with a heart and his signature. The man ahead of me, Tony, was an old friend of RONNIES, and Ronnie’s face lit up when he saw his buddy, so he drew a little picture in Tony’s book. I watched him personalize it and create the drawing, it was so amazing! Ronnie said to Tony did you see??Lloyd??, he’s here too. How nice that RONNIE’S old NY pals showed up to greet him, but he’s such a great guy everyone loves him!! Jo was there, and she looked beautiful in a long black dress, she’s very pretty and petite, also glowing with happiness and pride for Ronnie and his accomplishments. After the books were signed, they cut off our wristbands, and we shuffled down to the streets. There was no point in trying to leave The Village, since the roads were still blocked, so we were tricked and treated to watching the people in costume, and since I was dressed up as a “hippie” I fit right in. The people are totally into it, and the best costumes I saw were Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein, a very scary Dracula, and LOTS of PIRATES. Most people were having fun, but some were drunk and rowdy. The next day on the news, it was reported that 4 people were shot and killed right in Union Square, the location of the book signing, just around midnight. Wow we were lucky RONNIE finished up by 9:30! That’s New York, always extreme.

[Edited by Bitch]

cool

had i known you were there i would have personally thanked you for making me a copy of the atlantic city show
wasn't it the coolest event?
i am just now coming back to reality....i was peeked there for a couple of days.
2nd November 2007 06:07 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Good thing FITP didn't stick around in Union Square!

Horror on Halloween as brawl breaks out in Union Square
4 men shot, 1 woman stabbed; possibly gang related
WABC Eyewitness News

(New York-WABC, Nov. 1, 2007) - Four men were shot and another person stabbed after a Halloween melee broke out in Union Square Park this morning.

Eyewitness News is told the victims, between the ages of 18 and 21, were hit when a fight broke out in a McDonald's at 17th and Broadway. Then pandemonium as gunfire broke out at Union Square Park which was packed with Halloween revelers.

The shooting victims, all men, were taken to Bellevue Hospital. A fifth person, a woman, was stabbed and transported to St. Vincent's Hospital in Greenwich Village.

At first, none of the injuries were considered life-threatening, but Eyewitness News later learned, one of the victims is in much more critical condition than first thought.

Police say arrests are imminent and that this may be gang related. Up to three people may be involved in the shooting.

Witnesses described hundreds of people running from a Halloween party in the park.

"We saw some people running, then we heard four to six gunshots," said Natalia Piedrahita. "We started running."

for lunch i went to that micky d's for a 4 piece nuggets with ranch sauce and a hamburger and an oj....no kidding.
2nd November 2007 06:09 PM
glencar Luckily, you left earlier, else you might ahve lost yer book!
2nd November 2007 06:13 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Luckily, you left earlier, else you might ahve lost yer book!

i like the city during the daytime, but come the night time...i don't trust a soul out there. place is a madhouse.
i did get 2 chewy granola bars from girls that were handing them out on street corners tho....score
2nd November 2007 06:15 PM
glencar Did you see Bitch there?
2nd November 2007 06:17 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you see Bitch there?

no, i did not.

we were like two ships passing in the night, i guess.
it would have been nice to have met her and say hello.
2nd November 2007 09:00 PM
Bitch
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

no, i did not.

we were like two ships passing in the night, i guess.
it would have been nice to have met her and say hello.

I didnt know you were there - where were you sitting? I was in the last row, because by the time I got there it was almost filled up!
2nd November 2007 09:07 PM
Bitch
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Great review and pics Bitch.
So happy for you!!!

LJ.

Thanks Lady Jane! It was worth the traveling which included a car ride, the ferry from Weehawkin, a downtown bus, then a cab, and then running!! I was in such a hurry I almost didnt make it in time! I will try to post a few more pics, the guy I was sitting next to is going to email them to me (hopefully), he had a good camera.
2nd November 2007 09:08 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, Bitch got me a copy!!!!!!

Sweet, Glenny, glad you got your copy after all! I wish I could have gone. Three cheers for Bitch!
2nd November 2007 09:09 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I didnt know you were there - where were you sitting? I was in the last row, because by the time I got there it was almost filled up!

i was in the 3rd row...the guy with the beigh back pack wearing the 4 tounge beacon theater t shirt and a greenish carhart jacket. my pack has stickers all over it.

i was in the store for 10 hours.

what a cool time eh.

what did ronnie sign in your book? mine said....enjoy ronnie '07. i shook his had...i was a giddy.

i had a really fun time, hanging out with people and stuff.
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
2nd November 2007 09:10 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Ronnie Wood Book Signing
Halloween 2007
Barnes & Noble
Union Square, NYC

Halloween in New York?s lower east side is a unique experience in itself! There is a traditional Halloween a parade that brings out massive crowds of people in costume, as well as spectators. Over 20 city blocks are closed off to traffic, and Barnes & Noble is located directly in the area of the street closings and parade goers. I gave myself an extra hour travel time, which was not enough! Needless to say, in order to reach Barnes & Noble early, I had to literally JUMP out of the cab and RUN 4 blocks to the bookstore. A friend who was already there called my cell and told me they were quickly running out of wristbands, which were necessary to get RONNIE?s signature. By the time I got there, I was one of the last few to get a wristband, which was around 5:30 and the event was to take place at 7 PM. I just made it, thankfully got the wristband, and proceeded to buy 2 books which was the maximum amount per person for Ronnie?s signatures. The promotion was 20% off the list price of $25, so each book cost $22.50, a very reasonable price for a nice hardcover book with pictures! Elated! They handed us a flyer which read RONNIE will not personalize with names, or sign other items, just the books. Apparently Ronnie didn?t get the flyer, because a few people brought guitars, vinyl albums, and pictures, which he signed! Lucky them! He arrived bit late, no surprise there, due to the parade chaos outside, and was introduced. He looked FABULOUS, was very happy, and you can see how excited he was about the turnout of fans who supported the book. He was asked 3 questions, WHEN?S THE NEXT TOUR? Gimme a break, we just got finished touring! ARE YOU WORKING ON ANY SOLO PROJECTS? ?YES, I?ve got something on the back burners. WHAT?S YOUR FAVORITE CITY? He was fumbling for an answer and blurted out New York. There were approx 200 people in attendance and the crowd was let out row by row to the stage area where Ronnie sat to sign the books. He talked to each person briefly, shook hands, took pictures, was laughing and enjoying himself! He is funny, lively, happy, and a wonderful person to be around! I was so thrilled to meet him, and as I spoke to him, he reacted with a smile and big laugh, he found my comments amusing and thanked me! It was so cool, he signed my books with a heart and his signature. The man ahead of me, Tony, was an old friend of RONNIES, and Ronnie?s face lit up when he saw his buddy, so he drew a little picture in Tony?s book. I watched him personalize it and create the drawing, it was so amazing! Ronnie said to Tony did you see??Lloyd??, he?s here too. How nice that RONNIE?S old NY pals showed up to greet him, but he?s such a great guy everyone loves him!! Jo was there, and she looked beautiful in a long black dress, she?s very pretty and petite, also glowing with happiness and pride for Ronnie and his accomplishments. After the books were signed, they cut off our wristbands, and we shuffled down to the streets. There was no point in trying to leave The Village, since the roads were still blocked, so we were tricked and treated to watching the people in costume, and since I was dressed up as a ?hippie? I fit right in. The people are totally into it, and the best costumes I saw were Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein, a very scary Dracula, and LOTS of PIRATES. Most people were having fun, but some were drunk and rowdy. The next day on the news, it was reported that 4 people were shot and killed right in Union Square, the location of the book signing, just around midnight. Wow we were lucky RONNIE finished up by 9:30! That?s New York, always extreme.

[Edited by Bitch]

You look great, honey! Thanks for posting the pics and review.
3rd November 2007 05:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

no man

you are to big ...get over yourself

just you wait and see

it will probably be a 3-4 night campout fest when keith does his signing thing at b and n in the city

i'll be there

I'd frankly be amazed if Keith has a similar event when his autobiography comes out. Like Dylan, he's a big enough name to have a best selling book without having to do a series of signing sessions. Ronnie isn't.

More importantly, Keith's hands are in a grizzled state enough as it is already with arthritis. God knows what they'll be like in 3 years time, they'll almost certainly be a bit too mangled to put up with signing books for a couple of hours straight.
3rd November 2007 07:09 PM
Mel Belli I did a quick flip-through of "Ronnie" today. Not very well-written, even by the standard of most celebrity memoirs. Didn't even seem like it was all that revealing. A lot of oft-told tales and legends. Has anyone read it yet?
3rd November 2007 09:22 PM
LoveinVainRonnie I went to Borders to get it tonight, and they didn't have it. So I got a copy held at Barnes and Noble to get tomorrow...It better fucking be there...
3rd November 2007 10:04 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'd frankly be amazed if Keith has a similar event when his autobiography comes out. Like Dylan, he's a big enough name to have a best selling book without having to do a series of signing sessions. Ronnie isn't.

More importantly, Keith's hands are in a grizzled state enough as it is already with arthritis. God knows what they'll be like in 3 years time, they'll almost certainly be a bit too mangled to put up with signing books for a couple of hours straight.

i can kinda see where you're coming from, but you are probably so wrong

keith's book signing in nyc is going to be a week long fest
3rd November 2007 10:31 PM
Gazza maybe you're right and he'll be there all week long. After all, no one else in the world reads books....

[Edited by Gazza]
3rd November 2007 10:47 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
maybe you're right and he'll be there all week long. After all, no one else in the world reads books....

[Edited by Gazza]

never mind me
i am stll coming down from the woody book signing gig in nyc

i'm still a tad giddy, not really
3rd November 2007 10:53 PM
Gazza I'm just teasin' ya. I'm delighted for ya. Really.
3rd November 2007 11:05 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'm just teasin' ya. I'm delighted for ya. Really.

fuck you gazza...will ya

it was a wonderful experience
3rd November 2007 11:13 PM
fireontheplatter i am hoping to have photos soon...just as soon as my good girl tumbled gets it together.

everybody said ow.....right?
6th November 2007 08:32 PM
tumbled I haven't got the photos in the mail yet (?) any day now....

meanwhile FOTP sent the book which is QUITE AWESOME
and this is what Ronnie wrote on it:

I am of course ecstatic. thank you Ronnie..and thank you Dave what a joy to see. ((love for both))

[Edited by tumbled]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)