ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones Fans Lobby Police To Exhume Body Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
13th November 2006 08:52 AM
Homercles Came across this on undercover.com.au

Brian Jones Fans Lobby Police To Exhume Body
by Tim Cashmere - November 13 2006

Fans of the late Rolling Stones guitarist, Brian Jones, are lobbying police to exhume his body to prove once and for all that he was murdered.

Jones was found dead in his swimming pool in Sussex, England, after going for a midnight swim. The official story of his death is that he drowned after having too much drink and drugs.

The Official Brian Jones fan club has been investigating his death for the past three and a half years and believe they have enough evidence to prove he was murdered, supposedly by Frank Thorogood, a contractor working at his house, jealous of his extravagant lifestyle.

"Brian Jones was murdered; we have no doubts about that fact, and the evidence we've gathered supports our belief," it grimly says on brianjonesfanclub.com.

The Brian Jones fan club presented their evidence to the BBC in a documentary set to air this week.

Conspiracies over how Jones died have been the subject of a number of books and recently a movie called 'Stoned'.

13th November 2006 09:24 AM
Nellcote Miss U ??
13th November 2006 10:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot I can't believe that those crazy fucks are really trying to do this.

Disgusting.

There shall be a special place in hell reserved just for them. They will all be locked on a room, hands and feet bound, and Brian will be forever stabbing them with a hot iron poker.
13th November 2006 10:27 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I can't believe that those crazy fucks are really trying to do this.

Disgusting.

There shall be a special place in hell reserved just for them. They will all be locked on a room, hands and feet bound, and Brian will be forever stabbing them with a hot iron poker.

Members of the - official or unofficial! - Brian Jones fan club tend to often act weirdly and not doing anything too good for Brian's memory, I'll agree.

On the other hand, I never bought the "drunk and drugged" verdict. Things were fishy indeed.
13th November 2006 10:29 AM
egon the truth is out there!
13th November 2006 11:30 AM
Saint Sway are these the folks responsible for that awful green & yellow bust of Brian that was put on display in a shopping mall?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th November 2006 11:33 AM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I can't believe that those crazy fucks are really trying to do this.

Disgusting.

First time in a while I've agreed with you 100%!!! These people are psychotic & need to be stopped. I can't believe the BBC gave them a forum.

And yes, they had something to do with that bust. They raised money by selling pooltiles from where BJ died. Sick bastards, I'm sorry.
13th November 2006 08:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot >On the other hand, I never bought the "drunk and drugged" verdict. Things were fishy indeed.<

Oh I agree...there is certainly more to the story.

But so what? It was soooooo long ago, and most of the prinipals in the situation are dead! You know what I mean? Just exactly, to what point and purpose would going through all this serve? WHO would be served by it? Why dredge this all up for surviving family? Who would be punished if foul play was determined? At this time...there's simply no purpose to it, other than to satisfy the curiosity of some deranged and obsessive "fans". Closure? For who? Brian's surviving family? If they haven't had closure in the 30+ years since Brian's death, then they need a psychologist...not an exhumation. The time for this was over 25 years ago. If this had happened back then...it still would have been terrible, but maybe some sort of justice could have been exacted...IF there was foul play determined. But now...now there can be no justice exacted even if they can determine exactly what happened. No one can be held accountable...the prime suspect has been dead since 1993!!

This instigation(I can't even bring myself to call it an investigation)is so horribly wrong, on so many different levels, that it is unfathomable to even comprehend it's justification. I think that some of us reasonably sane and decent Stones fans should start a counter movement. We should lobby the same people that the Brian wacko's are lobbying to let Brian rest undisturbed. We should out these so called "fans" for the fucknuts that they are. Psychotic, obsessive headcases.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
13th November 2006 09:05 PM
Maxlugar Am I the only one who wants to know if that blonde bowl cut is still down there?

Yes. Yes I am.
13th November 2006 09:41 PM
mojoman necrophelia.......
13th November 2006 10:13 PM
Altamont Got the Stones Necrophilia album?

13th November 2006 10:17 PM
mojoman
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Got the Stones Necrophilia album?

nope. got a maxell cassette.....

13th November 2006 11:27 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves LET THE POOR MAN REST IN PEACE!
13th November 2006 11:46 PM
glencar AMEN!
14th November 2006 12:11 AM
Altamont
quote:
mojoman wrote:

nope. got a maxell cassette.....

Any idea what the Necrophilia vinyl is worth?
14th November 2006 12:14 AM
glencar I'll pay you $20...
14th November 2006 12:26 AM
Altamont
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll pay you $20...

I don't own it but I wish I did! It's a bit of a curiosity shop, put together by Oldham.

14th November 2006 12:38 AM
glencar There was a song called Aftermath? Interesting!
14th November 2006 01:35 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Just exactly, to what point and purpose would going through all this serve? WHO would be served by it? Why dredge this all up for surviving family? Who would be punished if foul play was determined? Closure? For who? Brian's surviving family? If they haven't had closure in the 30+ years since Brian's death, then they need a psychologist...not an exhumation. The time for this was over 25 years ago. If this had happened back then...it still would have been terrible, but maybe some sort of justice could have been exacted...IF there was foul play determined. But now...now there can be no justice exacted even if they can determine exactly what happened. No one can be held accountable...the prime suspect has been dead since 1993!!

Sadly, I agree with most of this. I think it should be "reopened" if his parents and loved ones want it so. Besides that, let Brian rest in peace.
14th November 2006 02:28 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Am I the only one who wants to know if that blonde bowl cut is still down there?
Yes. Yes I am.

And am I the only one here who supports the exhumation?

Yes. Yes I am.

quote:

Sounds like fun!
14th November 2006 05:50 AM
Jeep Cotchford Farm pool tiles are still available for 350$ the piece !

http://www.brianjonesfc.com/html/body_cotchford_pool_tiles.html

This bunch of undertakers are disgusting.
[Edited by Jeep]
14th November 2006 06:15 AM
FotiniD Who actually gave those guys the right / permission to take the tiles off the pool and sell them?
[Edited by FotiniD]
14th November 2006 07:53 AM
Jeep
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Who actually gave those guys the right / permission to take the tiles off the pool and sell them?

It's in the link :
"The current owners, Alastair and Harriet Johns, removed the tiles in June 2000 in order to carry out some improvements to the pool and garden area."
The Johns are also signing the "Certificate of Authenticity".
14th November 2006 08:01 AM
Jeep Next time on sale on the internet, pieces of Jim Morrison tub, Kurt Cobain garage tiles, bolts from Buddy Holly airplane, crumbs from Elvis lethal banana hamburger and a collection of various syringes.
14th November 2006 08:03 AM
FotiniD It's completely hideous. What would anyone do with a tile from a pool his / her supposed favorite musician died in, is totally beyond me.

And the owners who sold them to the fan club... Jeez...
14th November 2006 08:48 AM
Philip They even get the date he died wrong, he died on the night of the 2nd of July, not the 3rd!

The pool tile thing is horrible!!!
14th November 2006 10:12 AM
BILL PERKS THOSE PEOPLE ARE NUCKING FUTS
14th November 2006 10:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Next time on sale on the internet, pieces of Jim Morrison tub, Kurt Cobain garage tiles, bolts from Buddy Holly airplane, crumbs from Elvis lethal banana hamburger and a collection of various syringes.

14th November 2006 10:28 AM
Nellcote This sounds like a wicked pissa idea, posting items online to be remembered by.
I am going to add such items to my Wikapedia reference,
which I am presently compling.
This will allow all to enjoy my escapades of my life.
My memoirs will have been negotiated for, thus most of the
items there are a hint of what the autobiography will contain. While I have (or was forced) to sign a non-discussion clause about the period of years between 1970-1982, I will set the page in a manner which will be able to opened once the above mentioned clause has expired.
I shall announce the Wikapedia unveiling exclusively here at Rocks Off. I have appointed an Information Minister to handle my affairs, when the time comes.
"Colorful" is the word which comes to mind regarding this site.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation!
[Edited by Nellcote]
14th November 2006 12:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

And am I the only one here who supports the exhumation?

Yes. Yes I am.

Sounds like fun!

I wonder what the real women who loved BJ think about this. You're just some weirdly obsessed fan.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)