ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ . 17th November 2006
© Egeboy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones Fans Lobby Police To Exhume Body Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
15th November 2006 07:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:
I don't see anything being accomplished by the investigation, I just want to see what Brian would look like!

good to see youve got your priorities right...

Although, in fairness, at least you're being honest in stating your motive, however weird, sick and ghoulish it may be. I reckon most people who want this to take place share your lack of confidence in the outcome as well as your motivation, but wont admit it publicly.

What do Brian's family say about all this? Does THAT matter to anyone? Theyre the only people who matter here. Not a bunch of people he didnt know but who just liked him because he played guitar in a rock band.
[Edited by Gazza]
15th November 2006 07:07 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

I don't see anything being accomplished by the investigation, I just want to see what Brian would look like!

I'm just morbidly curious...

[Edited by Brian Jones Girl]

I believe you are serious.
Very disturbing.

Clue...I think he'd look something like this:

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
15th November 2006 07:12 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I believe you are serious.

Of course I am serious!

And I don't care if 99% of RO thinks differently than I!
15th November 2006 07:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What do Brian's family say about all this? Does THAT matter to anyone? Theyre the only people who matter here. Not a bunch of people he didnt know but who just liked him because he played guitar in a rock band.
[Edited by Gazza]

Brian Jones family and opinions matter a lot, but if the police feel there is justification in re-opening a case, they’ll do so. If Brains family opposed though, then yes, you’d hope all pending investigations will be laid to rest.

I just this whole thing interesting, that’s all.
15th November 2006 07:33 AM
Gazza I just feel sorry for them. Its bad enough having your son die prematurely and in dubious circumstances without having your grief as well as your own dignified way of dealing with the case hijacked by a few loonies with an unhealthily morbid curiousity in what a 37 year old corpse of someone they never knew looks like.

Unfortunately for the Jones' family, its the nutcases with the pool tile collection who end up becoming the 'public face' of this campaign and who make the whole thing look like some kind of sick joke, even if thats not the intention.
15th November 2006 07:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I just feel sorry for them. Its bad enough having your son die prematurely and in dubious circumstances without having your grief as well as your own dignified way of dealing with the case hijacked by a few loonies with an unhealthily morbid curiousity in what a 37 year old corpse of someone they never knew looks like.

Unfortunately for the Jones' family, its the nutcases with the pool tile collection who end up becoming the 'public face' of this campaign and who make the whole thing look like some kind of sick joke, even if thats not the intention.

I do agree. There are plenty with a morbid interest in this which is absolutely wrong. All I have done is to merely state the facts. If the police consider a re-opening justifiable, they’ll do so. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Brian Jones was a public figure and naturally as a result, there will be a public interest.

15th November 2006 08:07 AM
Gazza Of course theres a public interest, but some people use the celebrity factor as justifying the public's "need to know"

He was also a private individual with a family. Theyre the only people whose views should count. Being a celebrity really shouldnt be of any relevance. Even if someone is the guy's biggest fan, THEIR opinions and wishes in a case which doesnt affect them directly doesn't and shouldnt matter a shit. They dont count.

My own attitude is basically - am I interested in what happens? Do I care that justice is done - sure. Everyone deserves justice. However, I would feel the same way had the subject of the enquiry been some nonentity or anonymous person I'd never heard of. Unfortunately there are too many people whose obsession with the case is coming from the wrong angle. Even if it turns out there's no 'conspiracy', you know as well as I do that there are some people who wont be able to accept that as they cant deal with reality and accept that famous people can and do die in ordinary circumstances without some element of foul play being involved
[Edited by Gazza]
15th November 2006 08:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Of course theres a public interest, but some people use the celebrity factor as justifying the public's "need to know"

He was also a private individual with a family. Theyre the only people whose views should count. Being a celebrity really shouldnt be of any relevance. Even if someone is the guy's biggest fan, THEIR opinions and wishes in a case which doesnt affect them directly doesn't and shouldnt matter a shit. They dont count.

My own attitude is basically - am I interested in what happens? Do I care that justice is done - sure. Everyone deserves justice. However, I would feel the same way had the subject of the enquiry been some nonentity or anonymous person I'd never heard of. Unfortunately there are too many people whose obsession with the case is coming from the wrong angle. Even if it turns out there's no 'conspiracy', you know as well as I do that there are some people who wont be able to accept that as they cant deal with reality and accept that famous people can and do die in ordinary circumstances without some element of foul play being involved
[Edited by Gazza]

Agreed again Gazza I just wanted to point out that this is all a legal issue and not about obsessive feeling the need to satisfy they're own curiosity. You’re always going to get a few, but Id likes to think that I am in the majority who are just paying an interest. I personally believe that there will be one or two less Brian loons around when/if the truth is ever known and of course, whatever that truth may be. I think part of the "fun" will be over for them.
15th November 2006 10:00 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I just feel sorry for them. Its bad enough having your son die prematurely and in dubious circumstances without having your grief as well as your own dignified way of dealing with the case hijacked by a few loonies with an unhealthily morbid curiousity in what a 37 year old corpse of someone they never knew looks like.

I've often wondered, where they hell are they and why haven't they given their view?
15th November 2006 10:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot Why haven't they given their view?

Easy....they don't care. It's over for them. He's dead 30+ years, and they moved on.

You know, like normal people do...
15th November 2006 10:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

I've often wondered, where they hell are they and why haven't they given their view?

Pat Andrews and the son she had with Brian, Mark are both reportedly contributors to the Brian Jones fan club and presumably would support any investigation. As for any others? Who knows? Many I'm sure have lost interest and merely just want to move on, but like I said, this is a matter for the law and not for the propose of satisfying fans or those who are just curious.
15th November 2006 10:21 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Pat Andrews and the son she had with Brian, Mark are both reportedly contributors to the Brian Jones fan club and presumably would support any investigation. As for any others? Who knows? Many I'm sure have lost interest and merely just want to move on, but like I said, this is a matter for the law and not for the propose of satisfying fans or those who are just curious.

I know about Pat Andrews and Mark. I'm talking about Brian's folks. I think their view is more important than "the law" (and, of course, the fans).
15th November 2006 10:33 AM
WJ
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

I know about Pat Andrews and Mark. I'm talking about Brian's folks. I think their view is more important than "the law" (and, of course, the fans).

I believe that after the harassment and hatred Brian's parents have received from the "fans" they just want to be left the hell alone.
15th November 2006 10:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Why haven't they given their view?

Easy....they don't care. It's over for them. He's dead 30+ years, and they moved on.

You know, like normal people do...

quote:
WJ wrote:

I believe that after the harassment and hatred Brian's parents have received from the "fans" they just want to be left the hell alone.

I believe thats what is called a "checkmate"
[Edited by Gazza]
15th November 2006 10:38 AM
Philip What could this fan club member possibly have found that would make the police even consider exhuming his body? Why the hell did they have forensic people combing over Cotchford 30+ years after the event?

Even if a newly discovered eye witnes came forward, is that really enough to warrant re-opening a case that is decades old? Is that a reliable enough source?

The BBC segment just came across as a bit of a joke, with people just giving their opinions on how Brain was treated whilst he was a member of The Rolling Stones. All coming across like fans who've read too many dodgy books over the years, probably Anna Wohlins. :-()

I pray the authorities leave him in peace! I dont think the truth can or will ever be known about the events of that night, too much time has passed, it's too late.

Leave him alone you selfish bastids!!! :P

[Edited by Philip]
15th November 2006 10:40 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

I have no idea even if Brian’s folks are still or what their opinion would be if they were so. What I do know is that their views should be paramount to decisions made. I really hope I'm not coming across the wrong way with my statements in this thread. I haven’t actually sided with any particular view point. I've just stated what I perceive to be the facts in regards to any possible investigation. If Brian’s family want things to be left alone, then THEY SHOULD BE. Whether their wishes would be granted however, is a different kettle of fish and that really is the only point I have been striving to make.
15th November 2006 10:42 AM
GhostofBrianJones We would just like to know what really happened. It has nothing to do with
being morbid and Honky Tonk Man hit the nail on the head. It is up to the
law to decide if enough evidence has been gathered to garner a reopening
of the investigation as the man said. There is nothing wrong in investigating
a Cold Case File.

Yes we all have other interests besides the demise of Brian. I would think this
is just a piece of what our interests include. We have moved on but we also
have the right to know what happened since many feel there was foul play
involved. I think Honky Tonk Man has explained it much better than I could.
Thanks
15th November 2006 10:50 AM
glencar
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Well I guess a fan can have feelings about it, maybe not as strong as a
relative. But we/I just want to know what DID happen. Exhuming a body
is scary unto itself. I wish they would find other ways to do it.

Now I am wondering if this type of investigation takes longer in the UK
than it does in the U.S?

Also has anyone seen that Chase Manhattan card commercial with the
butterflies in it? It sounds like the Stones song "I'm Free" is playing in
the background. Can't be sure but it sure does sound like Mick!

A fan can have "feelings" about it but that's where it ends. Don't be so ghoulish.
15th November 2006 10:52 AM
Philip Who or what can possibly let us know what really happened?

15th November 2006 10:53 AM
glencar
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I have no idea even if Brian’s folks are still or what their opinion would be if they were so. What I do know is that their views should be paramount to decisions made. I really hope I'm not coming across the wrong way with my statements in this thread. I haven’t actually sided with any particular view point. I've just stated what I perceive to be the facts in regards to any possible investigation. If Brian’s family want things to be left alone, then THEY SHOULD BE. Whether their wishes would be granted however, is a different kettle of fish and that really is the only point I have been striving to make.

I agree that if law enforcement saw the need to exhume the body then it would take place. But the ghouls amongst us wish to exhume his remains just for the "fun" of it!
15th November 2006 11:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Philip wrote:
Who or what can possibly let us know what really happened?

Who knows? Obvsiously something has surfaced and deemed a suitable enough reason for further investigation. I hardly think the law is going to re-open an old can of worms just to satify the few.
15th November 2006 11:45 AM
Philip
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Who knows? Obvsiously something has surfaced and deemed a suitable enough reason for further investigation. I hardly think the law is going to re-open an old can of worms just to satify the few.

Are they not just reviewing the evidence put forward at the moment?

15th November 2006 11:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Philip wrote:

Are they not just reviewing the evidence put forward at the moment?

If they are considering an investigation, then one can only pressume new evidence has arisen. I personally don't have a clue as to what is going on.

As far as I am aware, the last time the case was looked at was in 1993 when Frank Thorogood died and according to Tom Keylock, addmitted to killing Brian Jones. I don't really think much of an investiagtion took place and maybe it was'nt really warrented due to circumstances. I very much doubt they'd go back and review such a confession.
15th November 2006 12:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot >We have moved on but we also
have the right to know what happened since many feel there was foul play
involved.<

No. You have no "right" to anything. Why do you people think that just because you are a "fan" that you have some sort of entitlement to anything?

Well I got news for ya'll....you ain't entitled to a damn thing.

Now, from the little bit of digging that I could do on the 'net, this is what I've been able to find out. The police have not re-opened this case. I found nothing that said that the police are actually going to re-open the case, or that they are even considering it. The BBC thing was considered a "fluff" piece, not a real, serious, type news item. The BJFC are politicking to get the case re-opened, lobbying PD and other agencies...but I haven't found anything to indicate that anyone is taking them very seriously. No statements or anything like that from official gov't or police agencies that show support for a new investigation. And certainly nothing saying that an exhumation will actually take place.

So I guess it's OK for these nutjobs to squawk and quack all they want about it. I can't find any evidence that they are being taken seriously by any kind of official authority.
15th November 2006 01:58 PM
voodoopug Brian was a woman beating, selfish, drug addict who had the world in his hands and pissed it away. He also happened to be a founding member in what many consider the greatest rock and roll band of all time (myself included).

If you want to fondly remember Brian, play his music over and over, otherwise leave the dirtbag in the ground to complete the rotting process.
15th November 2006 02:08 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Brian was a woman beating, selfish, drug addict who had the world in his hands and pissed it away. He also happened to be a founding member in what many consider the greatest rock and roll band of all time (myself included).

If you want to fondly remember Brian, play his music over and over, otherwise leave the dirtbag in the ground to complete the rotting process.

If anyone could have used a good stroke it would have been Brian on that fateful day. Probably a forward breast stroke to the edge of pool.
15th November 2006 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Brian was a woman beating, selfish, drug addict who had the world in his hands and pissed it away. He also happened to be a founding member in what many consider the greatest rock and roll band of all time (myself included).

Welcome back my friend!!! The board has not been the same without you!!!!
15th November 2006 02:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

If anyone could have used a good stroke it would have been Brian on that fateful day. Probably a forward breast stroke to the edge of pool.

Brian was not capable of keeping himself alive at this point. If he had not died in that pool, it would have been something else, and sometime soon. Those who see him as anything more than an artist/musician have serious issues about choosing a man with his character as a role model.

We must not forget his contributions to the Stones.
15th November 2006 02:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Welcome back my friend!!! The board has not been the same without you!!!!

I did not want to cry about the election or go out of my way to try and prove that I am unstable......in other words, there was no place for me (us) here recently.

Thank you for the welcome though. Congrats on the new electric shaver yesterday!!
15th November 2006 02:20 PM
LadyJane
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Brian was not capable of keeping himself alive at this point. If he had not died in that pool, it would have been something else, and sometime soon. Those who see him as anything more than an artist/musician have serious issues about choosing a man with his character as a role model.

We must not forget his contributions to the Stones.

Agreed 100%

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)