ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1989 Thanks Axel!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: it's came...over there- - - - - -> Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
November 5th, 2004 05:16 PM
not bound to please
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Lamby:

You are not alone. I too am fucked up and just awakened from a nap underneath my cubicle.

As for Maxy's post, I was expecting something a little more erotic. After all, he said it was coming.

I tried to up the ante with my own sensual ramblings, but a girl can only be expected to keep that up for so long...

then she goes to get the vibrator.

I am going back to sleep. Fuck! I have a meeting tonight too...no drinks.

at least someone is talking about coming on this thread!

Maxy is losing his touch. Haven't read the post yet..

sirmoonie - check your pm

November 5th, 2004 05:56 PM
Nasty Habits Well, that's what happened to me when I was fiddling around on Gasland and actually saw a woman posting about Eugene McDaniels.

But then, I'm Nasty.

I've fairly well eroticized record collecting by this point.

Lamby -- what are the best theories going these days about "hard core" collectors and their sex drives? I deal with collectors, like, a lot (but I also . . AM ONE) and I see them sublimate their drives with all sorts of curious rituals all the time. This one guy, before he buys any record, he has to take it out of the sleeve, lick his finger, and trace about halfway around the outside edge. If he feels any rough spots he won't buy the record. Think about it the next time you buy a used album. You could also be buying somebody's spit.

I have customers who spend their entire record budget on plastic bags. They obsessively "sleeve" their records over the course of evenings so they don't catch any diseases. Me, I can't use those things. I find they spoil the spontaniety of slapping it on the platter.

If you never share your collection, are you a masturbator? If you spread it all over the internet, like SS, are you an exhibitionist? If you sell it (like me) are you a prostitute? And what about broadcasting? Is that like, therapy?

SheRat -- Are you a fan of the Left Rev. or didja just google that info outta yourself? If fan, what's the deal with jagger's dagger?

Anyone -- Did Maxy get off posting his triumphant yawp or was he faking it? It's hard to tell in the edited version.

This thread be kickin' it OLD SCHOOL!

November 5th, 2004 06:05 PM
Joey

*********** It's Five O'Clock !!!! ******************

PUB TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ........................................

See Everybody Monday Morning !

Corky ! ™
November 5th, 2004 07:17 PM
SheRat [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:
Well, that's what happened to me when I was fiddling around on Gasland and actually saw a woman posting about Eugene McDaniels.

SheRat -- Are you a fan of the Left Rev. or didja just google that info outta yourself? If fan, what's the deal with jagger's dagger?

My history teacher/mentor in college turned me on:
http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/Music/PopularMusic/Jazz/~~/c2Y9YWxsJnNzPWF1dGhvci5hc2Mmc2Q9YXNjJnBmPTMwJnZpZXc9dXNhJnByPTEwJmJvb2tDb3ZlcnM9eWVzJmNpPTAxOTUwNzQ3OTM=

She's a hep cat. I remember that line specifically (She's a nigger in jeans/She's an outlaw, she don't wear a bra") because KO played the song for me when we were drinking at her house because I was known for going topless and we relished the use of the "n" word (just as we did with Patti's R&R Nigger) because it was 93 and the height of ridiculous PC on college campuses back then.

Don't have the record myself, and I've been under the impression that it's out of print/very hard to find. So I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't know what the deal with jagger's dagger. ;-)

So you're a collector? Guess what I bought for my best friend's birthday? An original Kamaflage pressing of TANK's Filth Hounds of Hades." $5 on ebay.

Do you have "Blood On My Knife (Shit On My Dick)"?
November 5th, 2004 07:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Indeed..this board has handled it relatively calmly...I think all voices have had their say without much biiterness....

It's ironic when the twin towers came down, arabs were dancing in the street, but we are not suppose to be happy Arafat is dying....jerusalem is where jewish kings are buried, not arab terrorist...

yeah, I think you lot have handled the post-election result hysteria relatively cordially. I'm surprised. However, we've had months of it. Time to wind it down, I think.

And I dont recall anyone saying you shouldnt he happy "Yasmin" is about to snuff it. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. One less mass murderer in the world.

And I'd like to think the reason why WE dont "dance in the street" when thousands of people are slaughtered is because we're morally better than that.
November 5th, 2004 08:41 PM
telecaster Macky you are the master.

I copied the original and saved it in my safe deposit box and two seperate Email accounts to show my kids, should I ever have any, THIS is how you make a post!

When Eric Clapton saw Jimi Hendrix live for the first time he said "I wanted to put my guitar in the case and leave it there for good"

I feel the same

We are not worthy

You sir, are the true master

P.S. I also sent a copy to the National Archives as this historical document belongs next to the
other national treasures

November 5th, 2004 09:20 PM
LadyJane First time I've had the chance to read this thread today...gotta say...it's good to see lots of the regulars back and posting. Gee...amongst you...collectively..how many years have y'all been posting on these here Boards???

(Blame the hillbilly drawl on this cocktail I'm swillin')

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
November 5th, 2004 11:34 PM
stonedinaustralia hello everybody

quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

indeed it is and it's good to see

thank you all
November 6th, 2004 01:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot In response to Maxy's diatribe, I give you the following:

The Concession Speech John Kerry SHOULD have given.....

My fellow Americans, the people of this nation have spoken, and spoken with a clear voice. So I am here to offer my concession. I concede that I overestimated the intelligence of the American people. Though the true
majority of people disagree with the President on almost every issue, you saw fit to vote for him. I never saw that coming. That's really special. And I mean "special" in the sense that we use it to describe those kids who ride the shorter school bus and find ways to injure themselves while eating pudding with rubber spoons. That kind of special.

I concede that I misjudged the power of hate. That's pretty powerful stuff, and I didn't see it. So let me take a moment to congratulate the President's strategists: Putting the gay marriage amendments on the ballot in various swing states like Ohio...well, that was just genius. Genius! It got people, a certain kind of fearful people, to the polls. The unprecedented number of folks who showed up and cited "moral values" as their biggest issue, those people actually changed history. These are
the folks who consider same sex marriage a more important issue than war, or terrorism, or the economy! Who'd have thought the election would belong to them? Well, Karl Rove did. Gotta give it up to him for that.

I concede that I put too much faith in America's youth. With 8 out of 10 of you opposing the President, with your friends and classmates dying daily in a war you disapprove of, with your future being mortgaged to pay for rich, old peoples' tax breaks, you somehow managed to sit on your
asses and watch the Cartoon Network while aging homophobic hillbillies carried the day. You voted with the exact same anemic percentage that you did in 2000. You suck! Seriously, you do!

There are some who would say that I sound bitter, that now is the time for healing, to bring the nation together. We in blue states produce the vast majority of the wealth in this country and pay the most taxes, and you in the red states receive the majority of the money from those taxes while complaining about 'em. We in the blue states are the only ones who've been attacked by foreign terrorists, yet you in the red states are gung ho to fight a war in our name. Blue state civilians are the actual victims
and targets of the war on terror, while red state civilians are the ones standing behind us and yelling "Oh, yeah!? Bring it on!" As long as you can wave your high-power rifles and think you're actually free, you're pretty brave.

More than 40% of you Bush voters still believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11. I'm impressed by that, truly I am. Your sons and daughters who might die in this war know it's not true, the people in the urban centers where al Qaeda wants to attack know it's not true,
but those of you who are at practically no risk believe this easy lie because you can. As part of my concession speech, let me say that I really envy that luxury. I concede that. The President played on your fears, and
you foolishly forgot that he was the one in charge when 9/11 actually happened. It was on his watch that al Qaeda struck, and not Saddam Hussein. I wonder if he told you that left-handed people were worshipers of the devil, if you'd actually believe that, too. Probably! How quickly history becomes distorted by those who shout their version the loudest.

Healing? We, the people at risk from terrorists, the people who subsidize you, the people who speak in glowing and respectful terms about the heartland of America while that heartland insults and excoriates us...we wanted some healing. We spoke loud and clear. And you refused to give it to us, largely because of your "high moral values". You thought you knew better: America doesn't need its allies, doesn't need to share the burden, doesn't need to unite the world, doesn't need to provide for its future. Hell no! Not when it's got a human shield of us pointy-headed, immoral, unconfrontational breadwinners who are willing to pay the bills and play nice in the vain hope of winning a vote that we can never have. Because we're "morally inferior," I suppose, we are supposed to respect your values while you insult ours. And the big joke here is that for twenty years, we've done just that. It's not a "ha-ha" funny joke, I realize, but it's a joke all the same.

And, I make this pledge to you today: In the next election, there will be no pandering. Next time we will not pretend that the simple folk of America know just as much as the people who devote their lives to serving and studying the nation and the world. They don't! You've proved that by your foolish voting record.

I'm talking to you, you ignorant, slack-jawed yokels, you
bible-thumping, inbred drones, you redneck, racist, chest-thumping, perennially-duped grade school grads.

Thank you, and may God bless each and every one of you, and the rest of the world, which you're intent on letting Bush and his bully boys destroy. Yes, thank you Bible Belt. Your criticism was greatly appreciated. Fuck you very much.

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
November 6th, 2004 01:48 AM
gypsy It ain't no Maxy-style posting, but keep tryin'.
Check your PM, biyatch.
November 6th, 2004 04:00 AM
Prodigal Son Man, when I read the post I had myself thinking it was literally a completely turned around Maxy, ragin' redneck republican and all. Only when I finished and realized; this is Maxy we're talking about, did I get the whole thing. It was simply a greatly exaggerated gloating from your stereotypical republican. I mean, c'mon, the folks at Gasland must really feel strongly about Bush winning when they couldn't see through lines about drilling for oil in the Rockies, because although we know there's no hope of finding any, it's just to piss of all those hippies (referring to Keno most likely; this is the personal reference Keno resented the most). I saw through the lines.

Maxlugar's sense of humour is observational, wildly over the top and complete with good ol stereotypical kneeslappers. Mind you, I don't agree with all he said, but it was comical nonetheless. I mean, geez, how could people not see through lines about killin' towelheads and crazy marrying homos. It was all so fanatical I knew it could only come from the most cracked of crackpots. Or from the satirical legend Maxlugar himself. I'm glad I got the post. But with all the reactions, I was confused as to whether or not it was truly authentically Maxy's beliefs.

And SS, I agree with your Kerry should-have-been speech. All the people in the US my age hated Bush, yet sat on their ass listening to fucking whiny, aimless woe-is-me crap like Linkin Park while popping ecstasty washed down by bottles of wine. God, I should know here in university this is what they're like. Bad taste in music, movies, culture, if it's anything like that or worse south of the border, I can see why the youth vote let the anti-Bush'ers down. Every generation seems to get stupider and lazier than the previous. I'm not putting myself in a holier-than-thou position but some people my age need to wake up and stop being pop culture whores shouting "oh snap!" "Whaaatt?" "Yeeaai, bitch" like their favourite talentless rappers.
November 6th, 2004 10:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh shit.

I just realized something....I forgot to add on to the above post. I didn't write that. It was an email that someone forwarded to me. I meant to add that to the bottom of the post and I forgot to do it.

However, I thought it was a nice example of the deep rooted hate that each side has for the other. Mean spirited stuff. Both sides.

It makes me ill. All of it. And it is trash like what Maxy posted, and trash like the above email that tells me that I did the right thing by registering as non-affiliated. Both parties are fucked, and I want nothing to do with either one of them.

November 6th, 2004 12:24 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh shit.

I just realized something....I forgot to add on to the above post. I didn't write that. It was an email that someone forwarded to me. I meant to add that to the bottom of the post and I forgot to do it.

However, I thought it was a nice example of the deep rooted hate that each side has for the other. Mean spirited stuff. Both sides.

It makes me ill. All of it. And it is trash like what Maxy posted, and trash like the above email that tells me that I did the right thing by registering as non-affiliated. Both parties are fucked, and I want nothing to do with either one of them.

But that one IS pretty accurate.

What happened to Maxy's repost?

I started reading it - and have no idea why Keno flipped out.

November 6th, 2004 01:00 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Well, that's what happened to me when I was fiddling around on Gasland and actually saw a woman posting about Eugene McDaniels.

But then, I'm Nasty.

I've fairly well eroticized record collecting by this point.

Lamby -- what are the best theories going these days about "hard core" collectors and their sex drives? I deal with collectors, like, a lot (but I also . . AM ONE) and I see them sublimate their drives with all sorts of curious rituals all the time. This one guy, before he buys any record, he has to take it out of the sleeve, lick his finger, and trace about halfway around the outside edge. If he feels any rough spots he won't buy the record. Think about it the next time you buy a used album. You could also be buying somebody's spit.

I have customers who spend their entire record budget on plastic bags. They obsessively "sleeve" their records over the course of evenings so they don't catch any diseases. Me, I can't use those things. I find they spoil the spontaniety of slapping it on the platter.

If you never share your collection, are you a masturbator? If you spread it all over the internet, like SS, are you an exhibitionist? If you sell it (like me) are you a prostitute? And what about broadcasting? Is that like, therapy?

Anyone -- Did Maxy get off posting his triumphant yawp or was he faking it? It's hard to tell in the edited version.

I suspect you are spot on in your analysis for that advanced form of the creature collector. I have an ex boyfriend who didn't own a CD, just vinyl, and lots of 78s - but I never caught him doing any of those bizarre rituals. He saved that for his whale oil lamp collection.

"Think about it the next time you buy a used album. You could also be buying somebody's spit."

After um...you know.... in every room in my house...my partner decided to take a break and use a museum reproduction of the Getty kouros....to um...

Are 45's still popular? Or those Edison cylinder thingys?

[Edited by not bound to please]
November 6th, 2004 02:31 PM
LadyJane Lest we all forgot QUALITY posting, read this.

LJ.
November 6th, 2004 02:38 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Lest we all forgot QUALITY posting, read this.

LJ.

I forgot to answer your question LJ - since 98! Yikes - I should be committed!

I don't even listen to the Rolling Stones!

Still hung over too....Oy....

What did happen to Maxy's repost? I smell a death of Brian style conspiracy...

November 6th, 2004 02:41 PM
LadyJane I believe Maxy's repost is now scattered across various pool tiles.

developing....................

Since 98?? Wow!

LJ.
November 6th, 2004 02:43 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I believe Maxy's repost is now scattered across various pool tiles.

developing....................

Since 98?? Wow!

LJ.

Truly sick - isn't it?

I demand a repost of the repost!

November 7th, 2004 10:47 AM
not bound to please
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Truly sick - isn't it?

I demand a repost of the repost!

new developments...

November 7th, 2004 10:53 AM
gypsy If only we could get Miss U to get to the bottom of this...but I think she's at Krispy Kreme right now.
[Edited by gypsy]
November 7th, 2004 11:01 AM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:
If only we could get Miss U to get to the bottom of this...but I think she's at Krispy Kreme right now.
[Edited by gypsy]

There's a thread over at Keno's that "explains" everything. (you are mentioned by the way)

Now my head hurts not from a hangover - but from repeatedly bashing it against a wall...

November 7th, 2004 11:08 AM
gypsy Yes. I saw that last night. This Keno guy is SERIOUS.
November 7th, 2004 11:20 AM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Yes. I saw that last night. This Keno guy is SERIOUS.

Even more serious than SS...

Now THAT was a pissing contest!

I still suspect pool tiles are somehow involved. Perhaps Maxy wrote it out on a few first?

November 7th, 2004 11:28 AM
Monkey Woman He's very serious. And prone to overreacting... Maybe I shouldn't even say that because he doesn't only resent criticism posted on his own board (where it's within his right to edit or rant at will, fair's fair, even if it's not cool) but on other boards as well. Like this very one.

This is getting old...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
November 7th, 2004 01:04 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
He's very serious. And prone to overreacting... Maybe I shouldn't even say that because he doesn't only resent criticism posted on his own board (where it's within his right to edit or rant at will, fair's fair, even if it's not cool) but on other boards as well. Like this very one.

This is getting old...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]

Older than Joey's puppet enemas!

But damn amusing...

I love cyberspace...

You know - I like Keno, but this is all too weird. Even more bizarre than the mickjagger.com refugees.

November 7th, 2004 01:12 PM
Monkey Woman You know what's even funnier? Keno assumes there's only one person in France who knows about his board and has access to the Internet. Developping, unfortunately...
November 7th, 2004 01:17 PM
icydanger

What's wrong in cyberspace lately?
its an all over mess....
November 7th, 2004 01:24 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
icydanger wrote:

What's wrong in cyberspace lately?
its an all over mess....

No shit.
November 7th, 2004 01:26 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
You know what's even funnier? Keno assumes there's only one person in France who knows about his board and has access to the Internet. Developping, unfortunately...

Yeah - I just read that...

this is just too much!

We should send the mj.com teenybopper troops over if a board war breaks out... as suicide bombers!

Come here gorda - I have this lovely vest for you - it's the latest fashion from Tommy Hezbala...

November 7th, 2004 01:30 PM
LadyJane I'm mad as Hell at Keno and about to post at his precious Gasland...Check it out as I'm sure it will be deleted.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5