ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1978 Mr. Robert Altman
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Congratulations President Bush Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
November 3rd, 2004 09:16 AM
jb As a democrat who voted for Kerry, I congratulate President Bush and the republican party for their sweeping victories yesterday. The country has spoken, and spoken very loudly, that they support this president and his conservative agenda. We democrats should graciously accept defeat and concede. The election was fair and both candidates ran strong campaigns. Kerry has nothing to be ashamed about as he received close to 54 million votes and many people share his political point of view. If we(democrats) ever want to win back the presidency and or congress, we simply have to work harder than the republicans do. While we go back to our normal routinues, they(the republican machine) are already targeting the next vulnerable democrat(see Tom Daschle). They have an extroadinarily smart, tenacious, and unyielding team, unlike the dems who still rely on old timers like Bob Shrum to run their campaigns. Anyway, good luck to the president and god bless this great country....and please, my fellow democrats, don't whine and make it worse than it is .....
[Edited by jb]
November 3rd, 2004 09:18 AM
Joey

I'm No Longer Chubbin'™ .............and you ?!?!

http://www.cnn.com/

Chubby Cakes ! ™
November 3rd, 2004 09:27 AM
glencar Congrats, President Bush. Mr. Kerry, concede already.
November 3rd, 2004 09:38 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Congrats, President Bush. Mr. Kerry, concede already.

Not so fast my Stonesian Kin..........................

" This One's not over yet ................"

************* FADE TO STEELIE ***************

Joey Ditka ! ™

November 3rd, 2004 09:38 AM
telecaster Nice post jb

Group hug time
November 3rd, 2004 09:40 AM
Martha The end of time has just begun.
November 3rd, 2004 09:41 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Nice post jb

Group hug time

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20041103/ap_on_el_pr/eln_ohio_vote_count
November 3rd, 2004 09:44 AM
glencar Martha, I felt that way in 1992 & yet time marches on. It's hard to be gracious in defeat.
November 3rd, 2004 10:17 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Martha, I felt that way in 1992 & yet time marches on. It's hard to be gracious in defeat.

Graicousness is not in my vocabulary regarding this election, although I respect your choice though it differs from mine, glencar. But, I guarantee you did not feel the way I feel. I believe we just lost everything. We no longer live in a democratic society. I no longer feel safe in this country ( and haven't been feeling safe where I live for quite some time now). I know the worst is now to come. I know I have no way to protect myself from the consequences we are about to watch unfold........helplessly.

I have never felt so frightened in my life. You didn't feel that way in 1992 did you? This is how I feel today. I have a "pit of fear" feeling in my gut that started late last night and will not stop. I an ese the writing on the wall.

I have lost all hope.
November 3rd, 2004 10:18 AM
LadyJane Excellent post, jb!! You nailed it!

Martha...hang in there. You are not alone and your feelings are valid because they are your feelings. No one should make you feel ashamed or wrong for feeling the way you do.

Life goes on...and we all still love the Stones...and each other, despite our differences.

LJ.
November 3rd, 2004 10:22 AM
jb Sadly Martha, your state , like mine(Florida)cost us the election...1/3rd of Ohioans identified themselves as "born again" and went with Bush 3-1. Hwere in Fla, outside of South Florida(Dade, Broward and parts of Palm Beach county) this state is a bible thumping, red-neck state. Ohio and Florida are a disgrace to the nation....atleast you New Yorkers, Californians, and a few other states can stand proud...
November 3rd, 2004 10:23 AM
glencar Martha, I felt exactly the same way. It's hard to take such a loss easily & I thought I would leave the country. BTW I wouldn't have felt that way about a Kerry win. You'll be pleasantly surprised by President Bush. The majority can't be wrong, can we?
November 3rd, 2004 10:24 AM
glencar Actually Joshy, your post at the top of page is somewhat astute. Wha'happened?
November 3rd, 2004 10:25 AM
Joey

I need to E - Mail Rick ( 2000 Man ) and ask him what the hell Happened up there in Cleveland .

" Never Let Go the Coat Ronnie ! "

Jazzy ! ™
November 3rd, 2004 10:30 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Actually Joshy, your post at the top of page is somewhat astute. Wha'happened?

That's the real me....rationale and CALM..I would never be as sucessful as I am if I was unable to get along with all types of people despite our differences....We still are one country and are blessed to be here in America.
November 3rd, 2004 10:31 AM
glencar Wha'happened is that people looked at Kerry & decided they didn't like what they saw. Kerry won the first debate, the second two were draws as was the veep debate & yet Kerry lost badly. Think about it.
November 3rd, 2004 10:32 AM
F505 Not too fast: some votes have to be recounted!
November 3rd, 2004 10:32 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
That's the real me....rationale and CALM..I would never be as sucessful as I am if I was unable to get along with all types of people despite our differences....We still are one country and are blessed to be here in America.

Maybe you could explain that to all the rednecks who live in your state! It never fails: you post something that has a glint of meaning & then you follow it with the usual glib nonsense. I'm giving up on you, Joshy.
November 3rd, 2004 10:33 AM
Nellcote Truth be told, being from the same state as John Kerry, there was no redeeming value to vote for him. He has accomplished little or none as a Senator here. The country was in for the same with him as President. To think he would have actually represented true Democratic values as other Democratic presidents is not to know the man. He is not evil, he just does not get anything done. He is tapped into the never ending cycle here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts that Democrats can always get elected, and coast for a life of privelege for ever.
November 3rd, 2004 10:34 AM
glencar I am rooting for the BOSOX next season!
November 3rd, 2004 10:36 AM
Jumacfly congrats Mr Bush, ready for the WW3???
November 3rd, 2004 10:39 AM
glencar We're ready if need be. And you?
November 3rd, 2004 10:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
We're ready if need be. And you?

of course we are!
we got MWD here called roquefort
November 3rd, 2004 10:44 AM
glencar LOL!
November 3rd, 2004 10:44 AM
caro I feel for you Martha.
Since my life, just like anyone else's, will be heavily affected by this election, I guess I have to start wrapping my mind around it. Though I have no intention of being gracious in defeat, I can at least try to be optimistic... I'd like to say that I hope Bush has learned from his errors. But I know he hasn't. So I just hope people (& the media) have gotten wise to him, and will doubt his word more than in the past.

Indeed, Ju! Any american president who tries to get near my apartment will get splashed with fondue savoyarde.

[Edited by caro]
November 3rd, 2004 10:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
caro wrote:
I
Indeed, Ju! Any american president who tries to get near my apartment will get splashed with fondue savoyarde.

[Edited by caro]

LOL
November 3rd, 2004 10:48 AM
glencar Why would American Presidents try to get near your apartment?
November 3rd, 2004 10:49 AM
caro Well, why would they try to get near Iraq? But I think we already discussed that...
November 3rd, 2004 10:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why would American Presidents try to get near your apartment?

Caro could be a great first lady you know...
November 3rd, 2004 10:50 AM
glencar We can't debate that whole Iraq thing again. I'm not 100% in favor of it but we can't cut & run at this point.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8