ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Watts by Aceves
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Angry Message from JB (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 27th, 2005 07:22 PM
pdog If he needs anything from me, it's his... I had no idea it was bad down there, the news glossed it over and after NOLA, it would take something worse for them to bother reporting...
October 27th, 2005 07:34 PM
jaggergurl JB.. sending all the very best thoughts and all the best wishes to you and your family,I hope things are getting better every day, stay safe and please take care of yourself, I am sorry that all this has happened...
good thoughts to everyone who Wilma has affected.. ..
October 27th, 2005 07:52 PM
corgi37 Tell hime Corgi says hi. Also tell him he should consider relocating. Say, maybe, Melbourne?
October 27th, 2005 10:24 PM
voodoopug he says you are the king!
October 28th, 2005 12:14 AM
sammy davis jr.
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You shall remain on the outside looking in while I shake hands and work the room!

That's a shame...I'll be in Chicago in January and I could play a mean solo on Sway while you work the room.
October 28th, 2005 01:11 AM
KennedyLW Pug quoting jb: "crime is very high, and the media is not covering this for political reasons"

I'm starting to believe this. Things are way more fucked up than is being reported on the news. I was asked today to fly to Ft Lauderdale today to assist in operation efforts at a sister business unit. Based on the description of the situation there, its far worse than being reported. I will not be attending because of very important family commitments this weekend, but wish I was.

Josh - if you get to the west coast, drinks are on me. I have heard behind the scenes some of the gestures you have made helping out fellow shidoobs. I'd be honored to by you a drink. Just keep your family safe for now.
October 28th, 2005 05:03 AM
Gazza Sorry to hear about this. I wasnt aware the part of Florida he lives in was directly affected

Please pass on my good wishes to Josh and his family
October 28th, 2005 05:36 AM
albert same for me......

shame to hear that a lot of crime goes together with these hurricane disasters

hope a lot of Ro people will come to Holland in 2006

gr,
Albert
Holland
October 28th, 2005 05:43 AM
erikjjf Hang in there, my friend!

/Erik
October 28th, 2005 08:28 AM
Maxlugar I have emailed my private and personal condolences to Josh and his family during this tough ordeal. I also wish to congratulate him, and his incredible life-giving sperm, on the pending third child. You'll get through this and will soon be posting pool-side.

Maxy, Princess Lugar, The Maxlette and Lil' Maxy send our best wishes to him and his family for a quick and painless recovery.

All my Best,

Maxlugar, Owner operator www.maxlugar.com

October 28th, 2005 09:35 AM
Joey " I have emailed my private and personal condolences to Josh and his family during this tough ordeal. I also wish to congratulate him, and his incredible life-giving sperm, on the pending third child. You'll get through this and will soon be posting pool-side.

Maxy, Princess Lugar, The Maxlette and Lil' Maxy send our best wishes to him and his family for a quick and painless recovery.

All my Best,

Maxlugar, Owner operator www.maxlugar.com"

[/quote]
October 28th, 2005 10:23 AM
voodoopug i told josh about the kind words you all have spoken and he said he was touched. Cell phones are down again this morning, so I cannot reach him, but hope to hear back and have an update this afternoon

I must admit, by watching the news, i had no idea it was that bad either!
October 28th, 2005 12:39 PM
BILL PERKS YENTAS WITH NO ELECTRICITY CAN BE QUITE ANNOYING
October 28th, 2005 12:46 PM
parmeda pug...I've replied.
Check your PM again.

Thanks
October 28th, 2005 01:35 PM
Joey
" Star Trek's 'Sulu' Comes Out of Closet"

Friday, October 28, 2005

" LOS ANGELES — George Takei (search), who as helmsman Sulu steered the Starship Enterprise through three television seasons and six movies, has come out as a homosexual in the current issue of Frontiers, a biweekly Los Angeles magazine covering the gay and lesbian community.

Takei told The Associated Press on Thursday that his new onstage role as psychologist Martin Dysart in "Equus" helped inspire him to publicly discuss his sexuality.

Takei described the character as a "very contained but turbulently frustrated man." The play opened Wednesday at the David Henry Hwang Theater (search) in Los Angeles, the same day that Frontiers magazine featured a story on Takei's coming out.

The current social and political climate also motivated Takei's disclosure, he said.

"The world has changed from when I was a young teen feeling ashamed for being gay," he said. "The issue of gay marriage is now a political issue. That would have been unthinkable when I was young."

The 68-year-old actor said he and his partner, Brad Altman (search), have been together for 18 years.

Takei, a Japanese-American who lived in a U.S. internment camp from age 4 to 8, said he grew up feeling ashamed of his ethnicity and sexuality. He likened prejudice against gays to racial segregation.

"It's against basic decency and what American values stand for," he said.

Takei joined the "Star Trek" cast in 1966 as Hikaru Sulu (search), a character he played for three seasons on television and in six subsequent films. He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1986.

A community activist, Takei ran for the Los Angeles City Council in 1973. He serves on the advisory committee of the California Civil Liberties Public Education Program (search) and is chairman of East West Players (search), the theater company producing "Equus."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173786,00.html

Who Knew ...........?!?!

October 28th, 2005 01:35 PM
voodoopug UPDATE:

JOSH JUST LEFT ME A VOICE MAIL, HIS STICHES HAVE GIVEN IN HIS FOOT AND IT IS BLEEDING AGAIN. HE HAS NOT LEFT BOCA, AND IS STAYING BEHIND WITH MONSTER AND TO PROTECT HIS HOUSE FROM THE LOOTERS, APPARENTLY FT. LAUDERDALE IS VERY CRIME RIDDEN NOW AND HE FEARS HE WILL BE NEXT.

JOSH WAS VERY APPRECIATIVE OF ALL THE SUPPORT HE HAS RECENTLY RECEIVED AND THANKS EACH OF YOU. CELL PHONE CONTACT IS STILL VERY TOUGH TO OBTAIN, BUT I WILL UPDATE AS I HEAR MORE, BUT THE NEWS IS NOT GOOD FROM BOCA RATON. SEWERS ARE BACKING UP, GASOLINE IS AT A SUPREME SHORTAGE, AND LOOTING IS A REAL AND PRESENT THREAT.

STAY STRONG MY BOCA BROTHER!
October 28th, 2005 01:37 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
AS I HEAR MORE, BUT THE NEWS IS NOT GOOD FROM BOCA RATON. SEWERS ARE BACKING UP, GASOLINE IS AT A SUPREME SHORTAGE, AND LOOTING IS A REAL AND PRESENT THREAT.

STAY STRONG MY BOCA BROTHER!

October 28th, 2005 01:52 PM
voodoopug just got a hold of josh, he is taking a break from cleanup and was sitting by the fish pond at his inlaws. A two foot Coy (spelling?) fish jumped out of the pond and attempted an attack! While he is not afraid of fish, he was started.

HIs outdoor baths are consisting of one part chlorine and eight gallons of water.

I will keep everyone posted...the kids and wife are happy and doing well.
October 28th, 2005 02:02 PM
Joey " HIs outdoor baths are consisting of one part chlorine and eight gallons of water."

Smelly Ass ?!?!

|
|
|
|
V

October 28th, 2005 02:05 PM
monkey_man I had no idea it was so bad down there . . .thank you mainstream media! I hope you and your family are safe and will be returning to your home soon.
MM
October 28th, 2005 02:09 PM
Moonisup All the best Josh, for you and your family! I hope you are all safe
October 28th, 2005 02:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I had no idea it was so bad down there . . .thank you mainstream media! I hope you and your family are safe and will be returning to your home soon.
MM

some news reports we found:

Long lines plague few stations with electricity to pump gas

By Doreen Hemlock
and Akilah Johnson Staff Writers
Posted October 26 2005

It was hit and mostly miss on Tuesday for motorists hoping to fill up their tanks at South Florida gas stations.

With electricity out at most stations, gas could not be pumped from underground storage at most places. Yet those stations with power, some with back-up generators, quickly developed long lines and in some cases, limited purchases to $20 per car.

Fears of post-Wilma fuel shortage grow

Cox News Service

October 26. 2005 6:01AM
Font Size:

print

forums

e-mail this

subscribe to us
advertisements
WEST PALM BEACH - Don't drive. Use your home generator sparingly.

Why? Because chances are good you won't be able to find gas once you run out.

That was the overwhelming feeling (of dread) that began to emerge Tuesday as tens of thousands of area residents hit the roads looking for precious fuel - and in most cases, coming up empty.

''People are starting to panic about the fact that without electricity, there's no way to get gas at the gas stations,'' said Cheryl Kruger, a Delray Beach resident.

Kruger and other residents in Palm Beach County and parts of the Treasure Coast woke up Tuesday to the grim news that power might not be restored for weeks. That means the hasty fill-ups for cars and generators before Hurricane Wilma might have to last longer than expected.

Before the storm sped through South Florida on Monday, Gov. Jeb Bush said the state had plenty of gasoline to meet demand. That was repeated by a state spokeswoman Tuesday.

''There are more than 199 million gallons of fuel in our ports, including 150 million gallons of gasoline and 48 million gallons of diesel,'' said Sarah Williams, spokeswoman for the state Department of Environmental Protection. She added that ''more than 160 million gallons will be shipped during the next three days.''

But that doesn't help consumers if most local gas stations don't have electricity to run their pumps. ''It's like having water to drink but not being able to get to it,'' said Jim Smith, president of the Florida Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association in Tallahassee.

To make matters worse, Palm Beach County residents can't head south to Broward for gas, causing a greater demand than after last year's storms.

After Frances and Jeanne struck last year, many residents rushed out to buy generators to keep their refrigerators cold and the lights on at night. But those generators drink a lot of gas; a 5,500-watt machine can use as much as 10 gallons in a 24-hour period.

As a result, many residents are starting to panic.

''We have gas for two more days, and that's it,'' said Michelle Howery of Boca Raton. ''We can't find it anywhere.''

A few gas stations were open for business Tuesday, including those along Florida's Turnpike, which had generators to operate the fuel pumps.

But lines at those stations were agonizingly long. At a Hess station in Royal Palm Beach, the line of cars spilled onto U.S. 441, then stretched around the corner west on Okeechobee Boulevard. A station on Federal Highway in Boynton Beach had a line that stretched 2 miles.

Kruger's husband, Mark, said he waited from 8:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for gas at the Lake Worth Service Plaza on the turnpike. Some drivers ditched their manners and tried to cut in line. When Kruger finally got to the pump, he was allowed to buy only $20 worth of gas.

''One guy in a black pickup truck tried to cut in front of me,'' Kruger said. ''I told him, 'I've been waiting in line for four hours. Either turn around and leave or get in the back of the line.' ''

But ''They told everybody to go out and get generators so they'll be self-sufficient,'' Kruger said. ''Well, I'm being very cautious with my fuel, but we need gas for the generators - and now we can't get it.''

Gas stations can run on generators, but they cost from $45,000 to $70,000, according to the Florida Petroleum Marketers.

Some station owners are considering shelling out the money. Cindy Branich, an employee at the Citgo station in Palm Beach Gardens, said the owner was ''in the process of trying to locate a generator.''

The state provides generators for critical services, including hospitals, nursing homes and dialysis centers, but officials said there were no plans to supply generators to gas stations.

AAA surveyed stations in Florida and found many struggling. ''Virtually all areas south of Melbourne on the east coast have little to no fuel or no power to pump the fuel. The one exception is the turnpike, where the lines are ridiculously long,'' said Gregg Laskoski, spokesman for AAA Auto Club South in Tampa.

Don't expect help from Palm Beach County. During a morning radio show Tuesday, Vince Bonvento, the assistant county administrator in charge of emergency services, suggested the county could provide generators to gas stations.

But in a telephone interview later, Bonvento backed away from the idea, especially when informed of the cost. ''We need to look at some possible long-range scenarios, but I don't know what they would be right now,'' Bonvento said.

Some residents aren't waiting around. Cheryl Kruger said one neighbor planned to leave for Georgia.

''I've got another neighbor going to his Hutchinson Island home,'' Kruger said. ''They've got electric up there, and he's filling everybody's portable gas tanks for them.''

The only antidote to the gas crunch appears to be having the electricity turned back on. That was the happy occurrence at the Marathon station in Lake Park, which saw power come on at noon Tuesday.

Manager Muhammad Saadat said the station normally holds 28,000 gallons of gas. When the power came on, it started pumping its remaining 3,800. He expected all of the gas to be gone by 3:30 p.m.

Hasty fill-ups for cars and generators before Wilma might have to last longer than expected.
October 28th, 2005 02:44 PM
Joey

October 28th, 2005 02:55 PM
voodoopug does the love know no end joey?
October 28th, 2005 02:56 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
does the love know no end joey?

Puggy ..................................

Do you like sweaters ?!?!

October 28th, 2005 03:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Puggy ..................................

Do you like sweaters ?!?!

October 28th, 2005 03:02 PM
Joey

October 28th, 2005 03:04 PM
voodoopug you have received the Molly and Jagger stare of approval today...come collect your gold star.

October 28th, 2005 03:12 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
you have received the Molly and Jagger stare of approval today...come collect your gold star.

October 28th, 2005 03:26 PM
sirmoonie Is Josh getting out to do any looting? Or is he too busy cleaning up?

Pugsly, please let Josh know that Iran like wants to totally schmear Israel right now. I think I heard that on the news somewhere.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)