ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Fernando !
Watts by Aceves
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
© 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Angry Message from JB (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 27th, 2005 02:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot You didn't understand where I was coming from at first. I understood that. I was testing you. Pushing buttons, gauging reactions. Seeing if you had what it takes.

You do.

So now that I know you have the stuff, I see it as my duty to help you be the best poster that you can be. Even if that means that you pass me by.

I am a man of the people. I am here for the good of all mankind. I can only get out of life what I give.
October 27th, 2005 02:31 PM
Jumping Jack I bet the plumbing at the Quest Center never backs up!!!
October 27th, 2005 02:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You didn't understand where I was coming from at first. I understood that. I was testing you. Pushing buttons, gauging reactions. Seeing if you had what it takes.

You do.

So now that I know you have the stuff, I see it as my duty to help you be the best poster that you can be. Even if that means that you pass me by.

I am a man of the people. I am here for the good of all mankind. I can only get out of life what I give.

I appreciate your guidance and it shall not go unnoticed!
October 27th, 2005 02:47 PM
voodoopug I just spoke to josh, he is attempting to get fuel. He had to get some stiches in his foot due to a cleanup accident, but is doing better now that he knows his wife and children are safe. I have made arrangements for him and MOnster to stay in Orlando at a pet friendly hotel until power is restored.
October 27th, 2005 02:49 PM
sirmoonie I hope all returns to norm soon, JB.
October 27th, 2005 03:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I bet the plumbing at the Quest Center never backs up!!!

******** END TRANSMISSION ***************

MACCA Sunday Night !!!!!

Snarky !
[Edited by Joey]
October 27th, 2005 03:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot >MACCA Sunday Night !!!!!<

Oh dear, you poor fellow.

You are clearing out of town on Sunday I assume...

I suggest not going to Florida right now. It's in a bit of disarray.
October 27th, 2005 03:32 PM
Joey " You are clearing out of town on Sunday I assume..."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|
|
|
V

" Last-minute Paul McCartney concert tickets available "

" Wells Fargo Arena officials have just confirmed that 140 tickets to Thursday night's Paul McCartney concert there have been made available.

All seats are at the top $176 price level, available at the arena box office, 11 metro Dahl's Food stores, at www.dahlstickets.com or by calling (866) 55-DAHLS.

As stage layout and the pool of tickets reserved by the artist are finalized in the days leading up a concert, it's routine for last-minute tickets to be released.

About 15,500 tickets were sold in a little over an hour on April 25 for McCartney’s concert in Des Moines.

More than 80 percent of them were purchased online — a sign that fans who camp out for nights in advance to secure a prime spot in line are a dying breed, replaced by Internet geeks with high-speed hookups.

But some fans did line up for tickets, including Jeff Bappe, 30, of Ames who was No. 1 in line that day.

Bappe was a high school freshman in 1990 when McCartney performed at Cyclone (now Jack Trice) Stadium in Ames. The young Beatlemaniac had to play a baseball game instead of attend the concert that night in July, and just as Bappe was walking off the diamond he could hear McCartney’s band fire up for the first song. It was that twinge of teenage regret that inspired Bappe to line up at 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning and camp out for two nights in the cold.

Erica Hegstrom of Bouton, who was second in line and walked away from the box office with a smile and two seats in the eighth row, said, "These last four hours have been the worst.”

http://www.maccacentral.com/

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.cfm?ID=1933

October 27th, 2005 03:34 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Joey wrote:

******** END TRANSMISSION ***************

MACCA Sunday Night !!!!!

Snarky !
[Edited by Joey]

Wake up, joy, its time to sleep!

October 27th, 2005 03:34 PM
Brainbell Jangler I am sorry to hear that Josh and his family are experiencing difficulties. I wish them a speedy return to normalcy and am sending special good thoughts to his wife and children (born and unborn).

This message is not intended as thanks for or solicitation of Josh's fabled largesse, given his insistence on viewing our on-line disagreements as personal animus.

October 27th, 2005 03:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Funny !

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.cfm?ID=1936

" Paul McCartney's been a busy man as of late, touring and recording at a pace not seen since his Wings days in the '70s.

Where patient fans once had to wait a decade, or more, to see the Cute Beatle on a local concert stage, Wednesday marked McCartney's return to the Xcel Energy Center, a mere three years after his last visit. Even with a top ticket price of $250, seats were long gone for the show, which hit an attendance of 18,117.

Mindful of the expectations that come with such spendy tickets — and possibly of his own mortality following the deaths of his wife Linda and fellow Beatle George Harrison — the 63-year-old McCartney turned in a terrifically entertaining and deliberately paced performance that was more a marathon than a sprint.

Of the three-dozen songs he played, more than half dated back to the Beatles, with most of the rest drawn from the Wings era. He tackled each and every one with a grin, winking during choruses and sharing charming anecdotes between them. Dressed simply in jeans, McCartney came across as more of a humble craftsman than the most famous living rock musician in the world.

About a dozen of the expected biggies — "Hey Jude," "Band on the Run," "Maybe I'm Amazed" — made a reappearance from his 2002 show.

He also pulled out "In Spite of All the Danger," a song he wrote with Harrison in the late '50s to kick off an extended acoustic guitar/piano set that included "Fixing a Hole," a gorgeous "For No One" and two new tracks ("English Tea," "Jenny Wren") that sound like not-so-distant cousins of McCartney's classics. (The same thing goes for "Fine Line," a piano rocker found on his latest disc, "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard.")

It would be easy, but ultimately useless, to complain about what he didn't play. In an evening that featured McCartney's winning renditions of "Jet," "I'll Follow the Sun," "Good Day Sunshine," "Penny Lane," "Live and Let Die," "Yesterday" and "Please Please Me" (among many, many others), complaining about anything doesn't make much sense at all. Here's hoping it'll only take another three years for McCartney to come back again. "

October 27th, 2005 03:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Best wishes to Josh and his nice family.

I wish everything is ok with his wife and the baby. He doesn't need to invite me a drink to get my friendship, he has it and most sincere it cannot be as we fight as brothers.

I simply have not contacted him waiting to hear the news from him directly. Glad the damage is just reflected in money and his family is doing well.

BTW, I have only his office phone and I'm sure he's not there; I have been on the phone with him and is a very nice guy for sure.

Long live the JB's

October 27th, 2005 03:39 PM
Poplar
damn jb .... best wishes. hope you had a blast in Charlotte.
My hometown was happy to greet you.

October 27th, 2005 03:39 PM
Joey
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Long live the JB's

Amen !

!!!!!!!!
October 27th, 2005 04:04 PM
Some Guy Hang in there jb, this will all be behind you soon!
October 27th, 2005 04:07 PM
glencar I feel terrible. I've not been posting much this week because of busy stuff but I too assumed Joshy was up in Charlotte safe & sound. I have his cell number but as per his request, I will PM him here instead. Joshy, I wish you & the family the best.
October 27th, 2005 04:27 PM
sammy davis jr. This shows what "buying" friendships will bring you....
October 27th, 2005 04:35 PM
Joey
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
This shows what "buying" friendships will bring you....

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!
October 27th, 2005 04:55 PM
Scottfree May he RIP...
October 27th, 2005 05:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot JB didn't buy nuthin' from me.

I offered music to him because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. I don't care if he ever buys me another drink in my life. I got money, I can buy my own drinks...if I have to.

However, it would be impolite of me to refuse any offers to buy me drinks. Since I have already accepted the hospitality of several RO and Couch members, I must continue to accept offers of said hospitality because if I don't the kind people making said offers might think that I don't like them, or that I am not truely a man of the people, and think that I am too good to accept a drink from them.

I can't have that.

So, I will continue to graciously accept drinks from all who greet me...AND I will continue to help any and all good posters that I can, in whatever way that I can.
October 27th, 2005 05:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
This shows what "buying" friendships will bring you....

You shall remain on the outside looking in while I shake hands and work the room!
October 27th, 2005 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You shall remain on the outside looking in while I shake hands and work the room!

For My Baby :

October 27th, 2005 05:21 PM
voodoopug for my baby joey:

October 27th, 2005 05:30 PM
scope JB, sorry to hear that you got hit so bad. As others have said, my prayers are with you. Glad that the family is safe and here's hoping that things start on their way back to normal real soon.

-scopey
October 27th, 2005 05:33 PM
Joey
I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
October 27th, 2005 05:43 PM
sirmoonie Post more pictures of dogs with bashed in faces!!!!!
October 27th, 2005 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Post more pictures of dogs with bashed in faces!!!!!

October 27th, 2005 06:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG I, like all the rest of the RO's and Shidoobee's assumed no news was good news. Glad your family is safe, JB, and I can only imagine the pain and suffering experienced while cleaning and repairing your humble abode. I have yet to meet you, but hope all will be in order in time for the January Summit..
October 27th, 2005 07:18 PM
Jumping Jack My heart goes out to those suffering from the negligence of others. May they pay dearly.
October 27th, 2005 07:21 PM
charlotte
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
JB didn't buy nuthin' from me.

I offered music to him because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. I don't care if he ever buys me another drink in my life. I got money, I can buy my own drinks...if I have to.

However, it would be impolite of me to refuse any offers to buy me drinks. Since I have already accepted the hospitality of several RO and Couch members, I must continue to accept offers of said hospitality because if I don't the kind people making said offers might think that I don't like them, or that I am not truely a man of the people, and think that I am too good to accept a drink from them.

I can't have that.

So, I will continue to graciously accept drinks from all who greet me...AND I will continue to help any and all good posters that I can, in whatever way that I can.

SS, top shelf only for you my friend!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)