ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles, CA November 4, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joey is dead. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-28-02 10:16 AM
Maxlugar This is just one of the many possible explanations for Joey's continued absence from this board.

Developing...........

{{{{{{{MAXY!!!}}}}}}}
10-28-02 10:20 AM
moy since joey is a who fan lets finish your sentence this way

joey is dead they say
long live joey

long live joey, I need it every night,
Long live joey, come on and join the line,
Long live joey, be it dead or alive.

10-28-02 11:30 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy If you look carefully on the road that Joey's little friend walks down, you can see on the license plate of the car "28 IF"... this means Joey would have been 28... IF HE HAD LIVED!

Also, note how he walks down the street without shoes on. This was an ancient burial custom.

Joey was replaced in either 1964, 5, 6, or 7, depending, by a man named "Billy Shears" because he won the Daily Mail's "Joey Look-Alike Contest". You can hear this when the song "Chibalution 9" is played backwards.

!iennoR ,no em nruT --- XYSt-
10-28-02 11:56 AM
Maxlugar Are you saying there is a counterfeit Joey out there?

Another Joey who is coping the old Joey's every word?

That is like a mirror facing a mirror!

The plagiarism goes on into infinity!!

Oh the humanity!!

I really hope Joey didn't "Wellstone '02" on us. Was he flying to Colorado?

M.
10-28-02 12:02 PM
Martha Hum to the old bluegrass tune Mother's Not Dead She's only Sleeping"

"Joey's not dead....he's only a sleeping...(place guitar run here)

..he's patiently waaaaaiting for Mick Taylor to rejoin the Stones (on this tour)..." (another guitar run placed here)

...repeat
10-28-02 12:16 PM
Factory Girl Joey posted at Gasx3 that certain events at work may prevent him from being a frequent poster. I'll let him elaborate.
10-28-02 12:17 PM
Maxlugar Are you sure that was the real Joey? I'm pretty sure he's dead.

10-28-02 12:24 PM
Factory Girl Yep, I'm sure it was the Joey. I want to avoid using the "D" word with regard to Joey, because then someone may confuse him with Brian and will start a Joeyfication petition...ROTFL
10-28-02 12:45 PM
steel driving hammer I keep telling Joey, Fuck Work, Lets Post!

The Stones are the best btw...
10-28-02 12:51 PM
sirmoonie I know a lot of people wanted to kill Joey, but I for one will miss him. That redolent smile, the way he wore his beret off to the side when his hair was sticking up, those silly little shorts he always wore. And the balloons! My god, the balloons!

He had his faults, but I choose to remember the good Joey.
10-28-02 01:31 PM
steel driving hammer Hey moonie, are the Stones on the O�Reilly Factor tonight?

http://novogate.com/board/968/124068-1.html
10-28-02 01:52 PM
sirmoonie I think its just Wyman. I think it is tonight.

Do you miss Joey? Remember when he was jumping up and down on Marko's bed and then he did that spin he called "the Jordache" and then his suede sandals came off? And then you picked one up with your teeth and said "I phink diff ivv yerz. Arff, arff, arfff!!!" Man, I was ROTFLMAO! Remember that? I can't believe that was over a year ago.
10-28-02 02:35 PM
2120SMA Joey come home we need you!
10-28-02 02:43 PM
Maxlugar I'm not sure I'll miss him.

But I damn sure wish he wasn't dead.

I shared some Saba Spice with him in Nanky's Swanky hotel room in CLEVELAND.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM, LORD?!?!

M!
10-28-02 02:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot I blame myself for Joey's demise.

You see, it all started last month when his beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers travelled into my backyard to play the Penn State Nittany Lions in a rousing game of football. My Lions put an absolutely vicious stomping on his Huskers.

Joey was aghast. He emailed me professing that the Huskers had an "off night". How he was sorry that the Huskers couldn't give the Nits a better game. How ashamed he was.

And was I supportive? Did I stroke his sweaty brow, and tell him that everything would be OK? Did I tell him that the Lions just had a really good game, and could have beaten anyone that night? Did I tell him that Nebraska could still salvage the season? Nooooooooooooooooo.

I am ashamed now....but I GLOATED! I sent him a Joe Paterno mask. I made fun of Nebraska. I told him that the Lions ripped the Huskers hearts out, and that their season would go in the shitter.

AND IT DID!!! Why, oh why, do I always have to be right?

Now he's gone, AND IT ALL MY FAULT! I TAUNTED HIM TO DEATH!!! I'm a bad knight, a very very bad knight.

What I wouldn't give to see Joey dance like a clown just one more time.....
10-28-02 02:51 PM
sirmoonie I remember when we were all eating at this one Chinese restaurant outside the RRHOF. The waiter asked Steelie if he could pour some duck sauce on his egg roll. Steelie started blushing, but then he recovered, winked at the guy and said "Only if you put a napkin on my lap, Clambooie. I don't want to stain my shorts just yet!"
10-28-02 03:13 PM
jb I remember the fucks from Hewlitt-Packerd giving him a hard time posting at work..too bad...we have lost a really great Stones fan and a very witty poster.
10-28-02 03:37 PM
Maxlugar He had stole a groundbreaking post of mine from June 3rd 1999 over at Keno's just before he died.

So I'm kinda like in a "yeah he's dead, but I don't mind" frame of mind.

Maybe I'll miss him someday.

Toby!
[Edited by Maxlugar]
10-28-02 03:44 PM
Factory Girl Joey will find a way to come back to us. He will have to sneak around to post, but post he will! He's just laying low for now. He needs us as much as we need him! Long live co-dependency!
10-28-02 03:48 PM
sirmoonie The sad thing about Joey's death is that it creates more questions than answers. What were all those pink bows for? Why was that Silly String delived to his house under the cover of darkness? Did him and Steelie really watch Kiss of the Spiderwoman together after we had all Noltied out for the evening? And why exactly did he name it "Jerome"? WTFs with that? Jerome. Please. I don't mean to bash the dead, but thats just fucked up.

Ahhh, Joey. Chopsticks Joey. He plowed his 40 acres and blew a snot rocket towards heaven. If I close my eyes, I can see him up there panting.
10-28-02 03:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man that was the WORST fucking Chinese food I ever had Moonie!

Remember when Maxy said that he should try to get our meal for free by claiming that he created the "Hong Kong Fooey" cartoon series. And then Joey excuses himself to go to the toilet, and comes back saying how he got our food on the house because he told the owner that he was the creator of the cartoon "Hong Kong Fooey"...

10-28-02 04:01 PM
Maxlugar Lets face it folks, he was a poor man's Maxy.

More a follower than a leader.

You're gonna miss him FactoryGirl? Hell, I'll just post all my posts twice. You'll never know he was gone!

Frig' Yup!

MARXSY MARX!
10-28-02 04:07 PM
Dandelion* I would pay anything to see the look on his boss's face as he was reading the Joey posts...

They may have had him committed.
10-28-02 04:10 PM
nankerphelge We should send some black inflatable party sheep to his office. Who's in?!
10-28-02 04:11 PM
stonedinaustralia "Let me see - [takes skull] - Alas! poor Joey. I knew him Ronnie"
10-28-02 04:14 PM
stonedinaustralia yes nanky, that's the idea - force his boss' hand - make the workplace relationship ttoally unworkable - he'll have to get another job - where he can post at will!
10-28-02 04:19 PM
sirmoonie And yet there was always a certain sadness to Joey. Like he wanted to say something about his perfume, but was afraid to. I never quite understood it. I remember this one time outside of the Hard Rock Cafe, I took him aside and said "Dude, what the fuck? You're killing everyone's buzz. You OK?" He looked at me for awhile, then turned his head away, and said "When it was my birthday, nobody gave me any clean shorts." Then he turned away and skipped out into the rain waving his arms in the air. That was the last time I ever saw him alive.
10-28-02 04:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot What we should do is buy up a pile of HP stock....I mean, if we all pitch in a couple of bucks we could buy up at least half the company....HP stock is trading at about $0.03, right? So we should just buy the company, and make Joey, VP of Rolling Stones Internet Message Boards....
10-28-02 04:43 PM
sirmoonie Remember that time when Steelie and Joey were playing Pirate back at the hotel? Joey had on those black tights and a green swashbuckling shirt complete with scabbard. Steelie was hiding under the bed sheets giggling, and then Joey stood over him goes "Avast me panties! Where is my buried treasure?"
10-28-02 04:46 PM
Mickjagger1963 joey? Joey? WHERE IS JOEY
Page: 1 2 3 4