ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Trivia Phase II ==> RESULTS AND FINALISTS!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
08-06-03 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember

Only the following are allowed to participate

C. Fang - USA
R. Friday - Germany
FPM C10 - USA
Angie - Holland
Beer - USA
Parmeda - USA
SIA - Australia
CC Me - USA
Gomper - M�xico
TSYX - USA

Send the answer to all of us, just click here

1. What Stones song features: A. a WASP B. A bicycle C. Amyl Nitrate.

2. Where were they, what were they doing and to whom did Brian say, "We were just looning around and we thought we'd drop in."?

3. Who are Yellow Humprey and Scarlett Jenkins?

4. Name the following songs: (a) its only known live performance was an improvised snippet of a few bars in length (b) the only song from a band member's solo career to be performed at a Rolling Stones concert. (c) Mick usually leaves the stage when Keith does his solo set. Down the years which songs on at least one occasion have featured Keith on lead vocal with Mick still onstage singing with him.

5. Which members of the band past & present have (a) made studio recordings with Bob Dylan (b) never performed on the same stage as Bob Dylan (c) played on a Beatles record (d) never performed on the same stage as any of The Beatles.

6. What specifically is a Morgan-Morgan?

7. When Mick was introducing the "Wembley Whammer" Charlie Watts at the 1990 London shows, the theme music from which long running UK sports show was played by Matt Clifford as a "tribute"?

8. What British actress, latterly known for her role in TV commercials for washing up liquid , sings backing vocal on a Stones recording?

9. Name 4 artists who have used the entire Stones either as a duet or as their backing group on an officially released recording.

10. Name two hits for other artists that are briefly featured but uncredited on the same 1990's Rolling Stones single.

11. What was the connection to the Stones of "Mother Earth" ?

12. To which actor did the Stones send a letter asking for his permission to have his name mentioned in one of their songs in order to avoid any possible lawsuit?

13. What's the next three cities in this sequence ? New York, Los Angeles, Honolulu

14. The Stones performed a traditional Mexican song, very famous worldwide, which song and when did they play it?

15. Mick Jagger produced half the release of a great female singer who has also played and/or toured with Bill Wyman, Roger Waters, Tina Turner, Eric Burdon, Small Faces, Humble Pie and many more. (a) Who is the singer? (b) Who produced the other 50%? (c) Mention the songs produced by Mick Jagger

16. A former official member of King Crimson recorded for the Rolling Stones, mention (a) the musician, (b) the song(s) and (c) the albums in which he appears.

17. What is the significance of Act One, Scene One?

18. Identify the following tracks and the album in which they were released:
    TRACK 18.a - TRACK 18.b - TRACK 18.c - TRACK 18.d

19. For the following track mention the date, studio, and the musicians involved in the recording. TRACK 19

20. Identify the song and mention the sessions in which the following track was recorded TRACK 20

21. When and how this song was released? What is the song? TRACK 21

22. For the following photos mention what is Mick doing; be specific and brief.

23. Mention the event, date and venue for this photograph.

24. Where this photo comes from?

25. Where, when and what are they doing in this scene?

BONUS QUESTIONS

1. Name the band who opened for the Rolling Stones and performed only Beatles covers.

2. Which songs recorded by the Rolling Stone songs have also been covered by the grateful dead?

3. This is a very special photo as it was taken during the making of �something�. Who they are and what they were doing during those photo sessions.

08-06-03 11:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Again, please reply once you send the answers

The trivia deadline is WEDNESDAY NIGHT (PST USA)

This phase starts with all in ZERO points, fresh, only three pass to the finals. In case of a tie the results of phase I will make the difference

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
08-06-03 11:22 PM
Angiegirl Ok, I've sent my answers.

LOL! Just kidding, it looks hard. But thanx again to you all 3, thanx a lot, really appreciate it!
08-06-03 11:32 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Two points, baby, here I come!

-tSYX --- I don't know why I love ya baby, but I love ya, I love ya, awoooooooooooooooooooo....
08-06-03 11:47 PM
Angiegirl You are sure this is a STONES quiz right? Just checking...
08-07-03 12:11 AM
littleredrooster Gerardo es un MESCALITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-07-03 01:02 AM
gomper Could you make a translation of the questions?

Most of my books are in spanish and I don't know, for example, if Morgan-Morgan appears in one of my books like pedro-pedro.

08-07-03 09:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ni pedo mi buen
08-07-03 12:58 PM
Ruskafarian Once the quiz is over, would it be possible for all memebers to see the correct answers?
08-07-03 01:05 PM
LadyJane My God...and I thought the first round of questions were hard.

Congrats and good luck to the finalists.

LadyJ.
08-07-03 07:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As requested by some of the participants and approved by unanimity the trivia is extended until Wednesday night.
08-07-03 07:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ruskafarian wrote:
Once the quiz is over, would it be possible for all members to see the correct answers?

Sure, we will do it again
08-07-03 07:39 PM
Jaxx oh yeah. these are rolling stones questions all right. good luck and above all HAVE FUN!!!!
08-07-03 09:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
oh yeah. these are rolling stones questions all right. good luck and above all HAVE FUN!!!!

Jaxx! Our love at having you back is only slightly marred by our unending hatred incurred by banging our heads against the wall at these questions!

Up to 3 1/4th points and feeeeeeeeeeelin goooooooood...

-tSYX --- At this rate, I'll have a perfect score by the time the boys retire, Ronnie!
08-10-03 12:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember that the deadline is WEDNESDAY night not today
08-10-03 09:03 PM
Angiegirl Gerardo, I don't understand question # 10:
> 10. Name two hits for other artists that are
> briefly featured but uncredited on the
> same 1990's Rolling Stones single.

Is it like this: on that single 2 uncredited artists are briefly featured; name 2 hits from those artists? But 2 hits each or 1 hit for each of the 2 artists?? I don't understand, can you help please?
08-11-03 09:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, on that Rolling Stones single portions of two hits from uncredited artists are briefly featured
08-11-03 09:59 PM
Angiegirl Ok, thanx Gerardo, now I understand the question. Not that I have the single, lol...
08-12-03 08:05 PM
RubyFriday a few questions......

q 1 means 3 songs ?

q 3 means humphrey ?

q 9 how can you use the entire Stones for a duet ?

q 10 means 2 hits that are hidden in a single from 1990 ? american single ,there was only one that year ?

q 14 means really a traditional ?

Members of the band past and present means 8 people ? Bonus questions count or not?
08-12-03 11:00 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy For the second bonus question, when you say "The Greatful Dead", you mean pre and *not* Post-Garcia, where they've been called "The Other Ones" and "The Dead"? Do you mean just in the studio or live as well?

For the final question, when you put "Something" in quotation marks, are you referring to the song of the same name?

For the sixth and seventh questions, what are the answers? (That's not gonna work, is it... damnit!)

-tSYX --- Everybody pay their dues...
08-12-03 11:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl q 1 means 3 songs ?
YES

q 3 means humphrey ?
It's probably a typo

q 9 how can you use the entire Stones for a duet ?
When the artist/group using the Stones AND the Stones as well are both credited. The other option is the artist/group having the stones backing them up only and the credit goes for the artist/group

q 10 means 2 hits that are hidden in a single from 1990 ? american single, there was only one that year ?
Yes, portion of two songs by others used without any credit in the 1990s song

q 14 means really a traditional?
Absolutely - 100% traditional, almost everybody in Mexico can sing it... and dance it

Members of the band past and present means 8 people?
yes, the only 8 former stones

Bonus questions count or not?
Yes, that's why they are bonus
08-12-03 11:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For the second bonus question, when you say "The Greatful Dead", you mean pre and *not* Post-Garcia, where they've been called "The Other Ones" and "The Dead"? Do you mean just in the studio or live as well?
Yes, only the Grateful Dead, not the other ones

For the final question, when you put "Something" in quotation marks, are you referring to the song of the same name?
No... LOL, they are doing "something" (I mean is not just a shot having a drink in a bar, they were doing "something" and someone took the photo) A hint is in my reply when someone asked about the trivia... WHAT A MUSICIAN DOES IN ADDITION TO MUSIC

For the sixth and seventh questions, what are the answers? (That's not gonna work, is it... damnit!)
I'll tell you later
08-13-03 05:13 PM
Gazza >q 10 means 2 hits that are hidden in a single from 1990 ? american single, there was only one that year ?
Yes, portion of two songs by others used without any credit in the 1990s song

by "1990's", we mean the DECADE "1990's", ie 1990 - 99, not necessarily the YEAR 1990.

08-13-03 07:57 PM
stonedinaustralia how much time left??
08-13-03 08:01 PM
Angiegirl Sent my 'answers'...
08-13-03 08:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
how much time left??

We have until 23:59:59, Pacific Standard Time. For you, on the other side of the International Date Line, if you're in Sydney's time zone, I *think* that means 18:59:59 on Thursday, but I'm not sure.

In a nutshell, from the time of my posting this, we have six hours, as that's the same thing.

Before the night is over in California, if you want to get poetic.

Now, back to the answer mill!

-tSYX --- Yes you are, yes you are!
08-13-03 09:09 PM
stonedinaustralia

ok thanks tsyx
08-13-03 09:21 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ahh, cancel that. Looks like, if we have six hours, it'd be something like 16:59:59, not 18:59:59. But again, that's just a guess.

Five hours forty-five minutes now.

-tSYX --- Take your partner...
08-13-03 09:38 PM
stonedinaustralia yes it can get confusing - it's 11.00 a.m. thursday here right now

so 5 hours 4 mns it is - unless i hear to the cotarray from voodoo
08-13-03 09:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl AT this moment I have received the answers from

FPM C10
Ruby Friday
Angie

So at least we have enough particpants for the 3 finalists!

Page: 1 2 3 4