ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The catgirls from Jerusalem
Show us your... faces people, post a pic of yourself here

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Trivia Phase II ==> RESULTS AND FINALISTS!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
08-13-03 09:55 PM
Angiegirl It's almost 4am here, just got back from a show, had one on Monday, so that will be the reason I didn't win this trivia quiz, whahaha!!!

Going to bed now, have to fall asleep before the construction workers start beneath my window at 5am, in an hour or I won't get much sleep, they are fucking loud with their trucks, still 11 days to go with that noise...*sigh*.
08-13-03 09:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
yes it can get confusing - it's 11.00 a.m. thursday here right now

so 5 hours 4 mns it is - unless i hear to the cotarray from voodoo

Yes 5 hours and some minutes from now
08-13-03 10:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, g'night, Angiegirl, and rest assured - you can always know that you did better than me!

-tSYX --- Whoo whoo! Whoo whoo! Awwwwww yeahhh...
08-14-03 01:07 AM
gomper This one is just to see the time.
08-14-03 01:26 AM
stonedinaustralia I'm in
08-14-03 02:43 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy My message is away, flying through cyberspace! Go, little package, go!

Man, I'm way too tired. I had a blast, though, guys. If I'm really lucky, and I mean *really* lucky, I might have gotten fifteen points. But it was still a blast, and I'll be cheerin' in the bleachers when the final round comes...

-tSYX --- Nobody will know... when you're old, when you're old... no body will know...
08-14-03 02:48 AM
gomper I've sent my answers.
08-14-03 02:53 AM
Cardinal Fang YEAH.

My email is screwing up. I sent email to ALL of you three's "known" email addresses.

I WILL now answer everybody who has emailed me in the last month or so !!! (Sorry about the delay and thank's for your understanding) I have a gig tomorrow night so I will do it this weekend.

Later, Cardinal Fang
08-14-03 03:07 AM
Cant Catch Me Just sent my answers in ... a few minutes late, I think, because my Yahoo e-mail was F'ing up ... oh well, I'm certain I won't win but had fun trying!
08-14-03 04:39 AM
caro So...
unless "pacific standard time" means a lost island placed in the exact middle between America and Japan...time should be over now, right?

So that means we'll finally know what that last bonus-question-pic is all about?
It' been disturbing me for a week now.
08-14-03 07:36 AM
stonedinaustralia well before the results are in i'd just say that i don't know if i'd call it all fun (tho most of it was) 'cos some of the time it reminded me of a lot of hard (not to say dirty)work and that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy it - tho my days of having to know every recorded fact of the band have long since gone... and i certainly feel like i've benefited from the experience (it makes you realize you'll never know everything and this starts to lead me down the track of another thread - what is the stones legacy?? - well i guess it's stuff like this - no doubt about it, rocks off message board is living testamony of the stones legacy - but i digress... it's amazing what you can find/work out when you have to

all i'll say - whoever wins this thing bloody well deserves it - for good or ill...

Researching...
08-14-03 09:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So we have the following only for the evaluation in the order we received it

FPM C10 - USA
Ruby Friday - Germany
Angie - Holland
SIA - Australia
tSYX - USA
Cardinal Fang - USA
Gomper - M�xico
Can't catch me - USA

Beer and Parmeda did not send their answers
08-14-03 12:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy How long, do you think, 'till we'll know, Voodoo?

Can we place bets on the winners while we wait?

-tSYX --- And if I smile, tell me some bad news before I laugh, and act like a fool...
08-16-03 12:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Congratulations to all, you're great!!! I'm in the process of evaluation and then it will have a cross-check by Jaxx and Gazza but at this moment I have seen all and you rock!!
08-17-03 01:24 PM
parmeda
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Beer and Parmeda did not send their answers

Shit...
Damn...
Fuck...
Piss...
Sonofabitch!

Sorry for the outburst folks...just returned home from vacation and saw this. I had no idea...

08-20-03 03:57 PM
moy
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Shit...
Damn...
Fuck...
Piss...
Sonofabitch!

08-21-03 02:01 PM
FPM C10 So...did we just forget about this thing, or what?
08-21-03 03:40 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
So...did we just forget about this thing, or what?

Naw, I just think the English shows threw it for a bit of a loop.

Dunno, though. My guess is the other Trinitarians have their hands pretty full.

-tSYX --- Relay!
08-21-03 10:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
So...did we just forget about this thing, or what?

I made the evaluation last weekend and sent the xl spreadsheet to jaxx and gazza for cross check, apparently it's done as I have some e-mails from my unholy partners
08-21-03 10:35 PM
stonedinaustralia i thought you might have granted parmeda an unoffical (and unannounced) extension of time in which to reply

and btw , beer what was your excuse for not submitting any answers??
08-21-03 11:19 PM
Angiegirl I've come up with 2 more answers, do I get bonus points if I send them in now?
08-21-03 11:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i thought you might have granted parmeda an unoffical (and unannounced) extension of time in which to reply

jaxx had the same idea and we agreed but the problem is that at least one answer saw the light of day at the board (as a header LOL)

08-22-03 12:21 AM
stonedinaustralia yes that crosssed my mind too voodoo - maybe you could have substituted that question with another

anyway, i'll leave all that with you and look forward to hearing the results
08-22-03 08:36 PM
parmeda I suppose I should respond to this just to set the record straight...

I did contact Jaxx, Gazza & Voo about missing out on this round of questions.
I stressed to them that I was not upset and I didn't feel it was neccessary for them to prolong this because of me. It was partially my fault for not informing them that I was going to be away on vacation. Rules are rules and I don't expect them to bend them because of what's happened.

As much as I would have loved to snatch up one of those photos...it just isn't meant to be. I know deep down that I am not the brightest bulb in this box of competition...and by prolonging this wouldn't merit any reason in doing so.

In saying that...I wish everyone 'Good Luck'. I only ask that the winners have their photos taken with their prizes and make sure that we can all see them!

Jaxx, Gazza & Voo...please, continue on.
08-22-03 09:21 PM
Angiegirl That's cool of you Parmy! You deserve the consolation prize .
08-22-03 09:42 PM
beer
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

no excuse, really. I think i knew about 8 or 9 of the answers right off the bat, but the others were too damn hard and i didnt have the patience to look up all that info.
08-23-03 12:18 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We have the finalists, now is just to prepare the announcement with the answers and the spreadsheet for all the particpants to check
08-23-03 02:11 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy When and in what chatroom are the finals gonna be held?

Can we separate into cheering sections?

Will there be e-crackerjacks?

Can we throw e-crackerjacks at the finalists for support?

-tSYX --- buy me some e-peanuts and e-crackerjacks...
08-24-03 08:00 AM
palacerevolution Are we going to get to see the answers? I'm stumped.
08-24-03 04:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok, everything is ready, I'm posting this message to have the results and the winners on the 3rd page
Page: 1 2 3 4