ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pug please confirm Chicago disaster. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
11th October 2006 11:46 AM
jb Pug should post a friggin apolgy if sales are as bad as suspected..what a joke that they returned to Chicago when last years UN shows were not even sold out.
11th October 2006 11:48 AM
Nellcote Dunkin Donuts was founded in Braintree MA, at least we did not have to go that far, we took in some $$ with $22.50 ducats. I did my part, I sang on Providence radio for tickets, and plugged the show at the same time!!
11th October 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Pug should post a friggin apolgy if sales are as bad as suspected..what a joke that they returned to Chicago when last years UN shows were not even sold out.

he will. He's solid like that.

Just give him time to shovel out of his driveway and prepare the hot cocoa to pass out at his pre-show summit.
11th October 2006 11:50 AM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
But what I fear most is that the sound will suffer terribly due to gusting winds mixed with heavy sleet and snow.

That's why I'm more excited about the pre-party at Grace O'Malleys, and the chance to meet voodoopug(!) and other ro'ers, than the show itself.

I still haven't broken down and bought tickets for me and the better half to attend tonight's "Blizzardfest", and I notice that Craigslist sellers are coming down in price. When they get to $20 per ticket, then I'll bite, or else we'll just enjoin the pre-party, and then either go home or go to the Double Door's garage rock show instead.

Edit: we'll just enjoy, not enjoin the pre-party.
[Edited by nanatod]
11th October 2006 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:

That's why I'm more excited about the pre-party at Grace O'Malleys, and the chance to meet voodoopug(!) and other ro'ers, than the show itself.

I still haven't broken down and bought tickets for me and the better half to attend tonight's "Blizzardfest", and I notice that Craigslist sellers are coming down in price. When they get to $20 per ticket, then I'll bite, or else we'll just enjoin the pre-party, and then either go home or go to the Double Door's garage rock show instead.

You should go as we need the support-you can probably get great field seats at a very low cost!!! Please go-we need the bodies!!!
11th October 2006 11:57 AM
Saint Sway Discounted Stones ticket: $20
Parking: $35
Thermal Underwear: $10
Hat, gloves, scarf: $45
Frozen Beer: $8
Bigger Bang Souvenier Wool Blanket: $50
Bombarding The Horn Section With Snow Balls: PRICELESS

[Edited by Saint Sway]
11th October 2006 11:58 AM
Nellcote They may get a break on the blanket, say for $35, if they sign up for a Stones credit card...
[Edited by Nellcote]
11th October 2006 11:59 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Stones ticket: $500

Saint Sway .......................

Please do not tell anyone ...... PLEASE ... let's keep this just between ourselves , but you are RAPIDLY becoming one of me favorite posters around here ....

...I have got my eye on you this week .

J.
11th October 2006 12:01 PM
nanatod
quote:
jb wrote:
-you can probably get great field seats at a very low cost!!!

From who?

The girlfriend and I are very price sensitive this week as (1) I just paid to get my car's electrical system fixed again, and (2) in addition to her usual employment, she has to supervise the sale of a (as yet unsold) family condo.

We ARE geographically able to go to tonight's show, as my office from which I am typing this is in the Loop, and as she will be downtown this afternoon on business, instead of at her northwest side office.
11th October 2006 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:

From who?

The girlfriend and I are very price sensitive this week as (1) I just paid to get my car's electrical system fixed again, and (2) in addition to her usual employment, she has to supervise the sale of a (as yet unsold) family condo.

We ARE geographically able to go to tonight's show, as my office from which I am typing this is in the Loop, and as she will be downtown this afternoon on business, instead of at her northwest side office.

see Pug..he is looking for 4 on the floor for $100.
11th October 2006 12:04 PM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:

From who?

Patience my brother .......

Patience .
11th October 2006 12:06 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Discounted Stones ticket: $20

Don't need the parking, am already downtown.
Already have hat. As native Chicagoan, don't need thermal, gloves, scarf, or blanket.
Don't drink.
Look out, horn section.

[Edited by nanatod]
11th October 2006 12:06 PM
Saint Sway Who is calling in tonites set list? Will cell phones work under such hazardous conditions??

our safest bet might be to just post the 18 song Halifax set list and be done with it.
11th October 2006 12:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Look out, horn section.

nanatod you are my hero!

please launch a few in my honor during Little T&A
11th October 2006 12:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Who is calling in tonites set list? Will cell phones work under such hazardous conditions??

our safest bet might be to just post the 18 song Halifax set list and be done with it.

thats the funny.
11th October 2006 12:13 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Only the horn section?
11th October 2006 12:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Who is calling in tonites set list? Will cell phones work under such hazardous conditions??

They will be LUCKY to get sixteen songs .....and NOBODY will mind .

Kins.
11th October 2006 12:15 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

They will be LUCKY to get sixteen songs .....and NOBODY will mind .

Kins.

My guess: 14 songs
11th October 2006 12:16 PM
Joey " ....sad day for all of us, and particularly the fans in Ill and those who went for a summitt I long ago advised against. I know as a fan I would still try to enjoy the show, but no way you can deny being bummed by the curtains. I do think they will get the better set-list if this is any consolation. This may be worsr than Buffalo 97. "

Now THIS is postin'

Funny !!!!
11th October 2006 12:21 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Kudos Joey! Thats genius posting!! Straight from the heart!

--------

My Dear Joseph,

I will toast this fine post again tonight over a 98 bottle Chateau Petrus while I watch the 95 Paradisio DVD and relax with the finest kind bud. But I fear that our friends will not be able to enjoy a smoke easily with the gusting winds. Its a shame not to be able to burn one while you while the Stones play Rambler because your hands and face are frost bitten.

But what I fear most is that the sound will suffer terribly due to gusting winds mixed with heavy sleet and snow. Though I trust that you will be comfortably watching the Rio DVD tonite on a Bose system with surround sound... Remember, most of all, the audio must always crystal clear! Or else, whats the point? You dont want to spend good money and not be able to clearly hear the band.

Cheers!

Sway

now thats good postin!!!
11th October 2006 12:23 PM
Dan
quote:
nanatod wrote:

You will get in for $20. The thing is, you can't wait for someone to want to sell it to you for $20, you just have to let everybody with tickets you are only paying $20 and eventually someone will take your offer.
11th October 2006 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

My guess: 14 songs

Do I hear Twelve ?!?!

Again , nobody will mind .
11th October 2006 12:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot >What in the hell were they thinking?<

$$$

What else?
11th October 2006 12:34 PM
Altamont Luckily many of Keith's open g songs can be played while wearing mittens.
11th October 2006 12:34 PM
Joey " I will toast this fine post again tonight over a 98 bottle Chateau Petrus while I watch the 95 Paradisio DVD and relax with the finest kind bud. But I fear that our friends will not be able to enjoy a smoke easily with the gusting winds. Its a shame not to be able to burn one while you while the Stones play Rambler because your hands and face are frost bitten.

But what I fear most is that the sound will suffer terribly due to gusting winds mixed with heavy sleet and snow. Though I trust that you will be comfortably watching the Rio DVD tonite on a Bose system with surround sound... Remember, most of all, the audio must always crystal clear! Or else, whats the point? You dont want to spend good money and not be able to clearly hear the band. "

My dearest Brother ...........

I fear that many of our Stonesian Kin will experience numbnesss of the ears , toes , fingers , nose and all other exposed body parts .

11th October 2006 12:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
My dearest Brother ...........

I fear that many of our Stonesian Kin will experience numbnesss of the ears , toes , fingers , nose and all other exposed body parts .

has anyone volunteered to take pics of Pug & Glencar making snow angels together during Streets Of Love?
11th October 2006 12:38 PM
nanatod
quote:
nanatod wrote:
When they get to $20 per ticket, then I'll bite, or else we'll just enjoy the pre-party, and then either go home or go to the Double Door's garage rock show instead.

Here's the link to the Double Door's garage rock show:

http://www.rollingrockandrollshow.com/index-h.html
11th October 2006 12:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

has anyone volunteered to take pics of Pug & Glencar making snow angels together during Streets Of Love?

No , but here is a shot of Nanky taken just yesterday :

11th October 2006 12:49 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Luckily many of Keith's open g songs can be played while wearing mittens.

What's the difference betwixt the current arrangement of his hands/fingers and mittens?
11th October 2006 12:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Do I hear Twelve ?!?!

Again , nobody will mind .

ten - with an encore of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" as a subtle hint to whoever is left.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)