ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pug please confirm Chicago disaster. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
11th October 2006 12:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

nanatod you are my hero!

please launch a few in my honor during Little T&A

Where will Cohl be sitting?
11th October 2006 01:03 PM
throbby In his suite at the Ritz!
11th October 2006 01:08 PM
jb It is somewhat poetic justice that this venue, home base for Pug, is actually doing so poorly. His "predictions" for other venues have been hit or miss, but I don't think he saw this coming in his worst nightmares. There is no way he can feel good about what his hometwon has done to our band...this could turn out to be the worst attended stadium show this tour....thanks a lot Pug -I hope your balls freeze off and your dogs think they are frozen treats(small ones) and devour them.

Wide open........
11th October 2006 01:30 PM
Altamont Fans will be trapped in the blizzard and have to resort to cannabalism to survive.

The band will punish the audience for tyhe poor sales. 17 songs and no b stage. They'll probably play Satisfaction twice. Chicagomaha.
11th October 2006 01:31 PM
Jumping Jack The Who in Portland last night was 1/3 empty. Couldn't even paper the house.

Stones are not the only ones WIDE OPEN.
11th October 2006 01:32 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Who in Portland last night was 1/3 empty. Couldn't even paper the house.

This may be the only truly wide open show..so far, most venues have filled in nicely-even wichita. I am , however, concerned of West Coast dates.
11th October 2006 01:37 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:

This may be the only truly wide open show..so far, most venues have filled in nicely-even wichita. I am , however, concerned of West Coast dates.

Oakland is not selling well at all. It's a mistake to do a stadium show here during the rainy season. An arena show would have sold out here.
11th October 2006 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Oakland is not selling well at all. It's a mistake to do a stadium show here during the rainy season. An arena show would have sold out here.

agreed...but unlike Chicago, absent snow, they can still fill it in...
11th October 2006 01:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

agreed...but unlike Chicago, absent snow, they can still fill it in...

correct
11th October 2006 05:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

ten - with an encore of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" as a subtle hint to whoever is left.

Funny --- Tremendous Posting .

Well Done Gazza

Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
11th October 2006 05:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Who in Portland last night was 1/3 empty. Couldn't even paper the house.

It is the economy -- very poor !

Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
11th October 2006 06:17 PM
mojoman
quote:
throbby wrote:
In his suite at the Ritz!

enjoying a few hours of depressive lucidity? the contracts have been signed and the transfers made to the caymans and zurich. the ship is sailing my friends the privateers have no remorse. land ho!!!the call is sounded. more treasure!!! more maidens!!! many more songs to be sung!!!
11th October 2006 06:53 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

enjoying a few hours of depressive lucidity? the contracts have been signed and the transfers made to the caymans and zurich. the ship is sailing my friends the privateers have no remorse. land ho!!!the call is sounded. more treasure!!! more maidens!!! many more songs to be sung!!!

Nanky ?!

11th October 2006 08:09 PM
Riffhard Sounds like just the occassion for breaking out Winter. Never gonna happen,but....you know..it'd be nice.

Riffy
12th October 2006 03:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
throbby wrote:
In his suite at the Ritz!

funny!!
12th October 2006 03:58 AM
parmeda Yo, Josh!

I promised that when I came home I'd shout out a huge, "FUCK YOU, JOSH!" from everyone...lol

So there, I did it!

...we'll all explain later

Oh! Happy Birthday, again

12th October 2006 09:06 AM
jb I wish I came, I could have gottena "curtain job".
12th October 2006 10:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I wish I came, I could have gottena "curtain job".

Is that like a 'blow job' only you do it under wraps because of the weather?
12th October 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

good posting Gazza!!!!!!!!!!
12th October 2006 03:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I wish I came, I could have gottena "curtain job".

hopefully my pictures came out...I am going to pick them up in a moment
12th October 2006 03:45 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Similar to the dry hump....
12th October 2006 03:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Similar to the dry hump....

see: movie theater popcorn bucket trick.
12th October 2006 03:58 PM
LadyJane With all due respect, I blame Michael Cohl for this scheduling disaster.

I don't care about numbers. All I know is that those that were there, including the Band, endured harsh conditions and showed our true devotion.

Pug....GREAT job. Nice to greet you, albeit briefly.

Where is the damn photo of us???

More later......

LJ.
12th October 2006 04:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
With all due respect, I blame Michael Cohl for this scheduling disaster.

I don't care about numbers. All I know is that those that were there, including the Band, endured harsh conditions and showed our true devotion.

Pug....GREAT job. Nice to greet you, albeit briefly.

Where is the damn photo of us???

More later......

LJ.

It was on the Parmeda's phone!
[Edited by voodoopug]
13th October 2006 04:02 AM
Monkeytonk-man I can in all honesty say, I have never contemplated ticket sales and spare seats as a factor which affects my enjoyment of a concert.

I have been to many, many concerts, and only since I have began reading the points raised on this board has it ever crossed my mind to contemplate such matters - is this an indicment of the pure capitalist perspective from which many stones fans view the band & their performance?

Thankfully, most of the concerts (if not all - except stones) this issue is considered irrelevant and unimportant, if not petty.
13th October 2006 11:09 AM
Saint Sway © Tarpism.
13th October 2006 11:17 AM
jb
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
I can in all honesty say, I have never contemplated ticket sales and spare seats as a factor which affects my enjoyment of a concert.

I have been to many, many concerts, and only since I have began reading the points raised on this board has it ever crossed my mind to contemplate such matters - is this an indicment of the pure capitalist perspective from which many stones fans view the band & their performance?

Thankfully, most of the concerts (if not all - except stones) this issue is considered irrelevant and unimportant, if not petty.

Until the last few tours, empties were the exception,not the rule. We must study this and understand the root causes to make the necessary changes to continue to win gross.
13th October 2006 11:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Until the last few tours, empties were the exception,not the rule. We must study this and understand the root causes to make the necessary changes to continue to win gross.

13th October 2006 11:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

just look at that picture - or any fan picture from the show or pre-shows etc - what do you see?

OLD PEOPLE

the stones are old. the fan base is old. they are becoming the beach boys....
13th October 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Have you posted this on Shidoobee yet? If not, why?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)