ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pug please confirm Chicago disaster. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
13th October 2006 11:27 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Have you posted this on Shidoobee yet? If not, why?

Pug posted an excellent and detailed review of the Chicago show on Keno's board and explains how Charlie was off-time on Start Me Up because he is suffering from Bulimia.
13th October 2006 11:36 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Pug posted an excellent and detailed review of the Chicago show on Keno's board and explains how Charlie was off-time on Start Me Up because he is suffering from Bulimia.

Ha! No, wait -- I heard a rumor that Keith has been suffering recently from dementia, stemming from an errant Botox procedure!
13th October 2006 11:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Ha! No, wait -- I heard a rumor that Keith has been suffering recently from dementia, stemming from an errant Botox procedure!

Sway's obsession with me has become a bit concerning...I am really beginning to think he is disturbed and in need of help. The decision to post several times a day in a personal attack manner is getting old.
13th October 2006 11:47 AM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sway's obsession with me has become a bit concerning...I am really beginning to think he is disturbed and in need of help. The decision to post several times a day in a personal attack manner is getting old.

dudes getting old?
13th October 2006 11:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Pug,

as long as you continue to post embarrassingly dumb shit, I will continue to remind you what a mental midget you are.

of course, it could just be that I suffered a stroke and it triggered a case of turrets...

but, hey, you're the medical expert here...
13th October 2006 12:34 PM
jb I would like to see this unpleasentness end now. Sway, I have never had a problem with you and you seem like a cool guy. As you know, John is a real life friend of mine, and a hell of a good guy. I enjoy all the banter and sarcasm among us, but lets be cool, and stop this fued as it seems to be getting nasty. I have many friends here that I have argued vociferously with in the past...it's all in good fun and lets keep it that way..

[Edited by jb]
13th October 2006 12:52 PM
Saint Sway JB,

I have put a cease fire on my Pug bashing for today

for now, I will try and put the Insensitivity and overall stupidity of his "Keith had a stroke" post behind us

I will make it a distant memory and instead I will fondly recall his love of singing Journey, wearing capes, selling widgets, going to U2 concerts, dressing like a guido, paying bars to let his band play, vacationing in the rat holes of Jersey and bragging about owning a Camry

oh, how I laugh about his pride of that Camry!!
13th October 2006 12:55 PM
jb That's much better!!!!
13th October 2006 12:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I would like to see this unpleasentness end now. Sway, I have never had a problem with you and you seem like a cool guy. As you know, John is a real life friend of mine, and a hell of a good guy. I enjoy all the banter and sarcasm among us, but lets be cool, and stop this fued as it seems to be getting nasty. I have many friends here that I have argued vociferously with in the past...it's all in good fun and lets keep it that way..

[Edited by jb]

I appreciate your post. As we discussed, the best course of action is to just leave it alone when instances come up where we feel other posters are crossing the line. This is a message board and that is bound to happen, but there is no need to engage in a "online arguement" as there is no real way to accomplish anything. Guys like you and I bring this on ourselves and if we allow it to take up our time or feel insecure enough to feel we must "defend our honor", then we are no better.
13th October 2006 01:08 PM
parmeda pug...were you and the wife sitting in A1 near the front?
13th October 2006 01:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
pug...were you and the wife sitting in A1 near the front?

no, we were a few rows off the side of the stage in 142. My wife is about 5 foot even and does not want to have floor seats when we go to shows together, so I get us as close as I can directly on the side.
13th October 2006 01:46 PM
Saint Sway as I said, I am done saying all I have to say about Pug's incensitive and stupid rumors about Keith having a stroke. Of course, others have spoken... and have clearly agreed with me. Apparently, Pug's post on Doug's board caused such outrage that it had to be deleted. Understandably so.

here's what others on this site had to say regarding Pug outragous claims...

quote:
Drewby wrote:
haha

somebody has lost all credibility in my book
worst review ever!

quote:
Some Guy wrote:
so you aren't buying the stroke rumour.

quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'm with Saint Sway. No way has Keith suffered a stroke. Firstly, he wouldn’t have been medically cleared and secondly, I VERY much doubt he'd even be able to even pick a guitar up.

As Saint Sway stated, WHAT IS a fact is that Keith is just loosing it. He's been in slow decline for a decade or so; it’s caused by his every worsening arthritis and possibly, alcoholism.

quote:
Yap Yap wrote:
Oh God,more Keith had a stroke talk.Where is the real evidence of this "fact"? Maybe the Rocks Off doctors should put the shovels away till someone who knows what their talking about comes along and give news,if any is required,on Keith's condition.

quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Wake up crackers!...it's Keith Richards!...he's on dope...you will never make a saint of him

quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
I I am not a doctor, but I did work as a nursing assistant in a hospital unit devoted to stroke and head injury patients. IMO, there is no way Keith could have had a stroke and still have been able to continue with the tour. No Way, No How, NFW.

quote:
oldkr wrote:
keith has had some minor and expected short term memory problems which are getting less severe coupled with the odd senior moment.

JoHn, it may not have been that he couldnt remember rambler, but rathr his fingers had locked, this happens to keith frequently in the cold.

OLDKR

quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Of course OLDKR is right. When did he have this stroke? He was fine at Twickenham. His problems are down to his fingers and at this show in particular, the cold weather.

quote:
luxury1 wrote:
What OldKR is reporting makes sense to me.

quote:
taz22 wrote:
Now...do I believe Keith had a stroke...hell no!

The facts are:

Keith 63 years old
He has arthritis
He's been on tour for over a year
He got no rest during Europe and North America shows because he was busy making a film
The weather in Halifax, Gaints ( to some extend ), Regina and Chicago sucked and was very cold and rainy etc etc

Is Keith's playing up to par this leg of the tour...no....

As OLDKR noted....the combination of the cold, his arthritis and he short-term memory loss....he's challenged to perform at the level we expect.

quote:
Lavendar wrote:
Just REMEMBER It was F-kin COLD OUT!

quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
the dude has arthritis for crap's sake

quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I don't think we have a stroke issue. It was really cold.

REALLY COLD

quote:
mojoman wrote:
i take this very seriously. i know a little bit about strokes my old man had one when he was 69 years old. he ended up passing away almost a year after it happened.

quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I don't think there's more wrong with Keith now than at the European shows. The fact is, is that Keith is a 63 year old man with arthritis who has been on tour for over a year. He's just completely exhausted, I bet.

quote:
Poplar wrote:
1) The man is tired.
2) The "slide" caused by the wear of time is simply continuing.
3) Keith knows this is the last tour, and he's self-medicating to a degree his body cannot handle well.

quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Dudes were cold.

quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Age might have something to do with it...

quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
and drug/alcohol/tobbaco intake

quote]marko wrote:
for some fans,it seems to be hard to admit,when somethings
wrong with our favorite band.Specially younger fans?
keith haven´t had just one off night,theres been MANY on
this tour.Even when he plays rather well,his just not
present.Bodys there,rest of him is somewhere else,home perhaps.
[/quote]

quote:
Therocker wrote:
While I don't think he had a stroke, I do believe that unfortunately something is going on.

quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I'm tellin ya...it's booze...he was pefectly presentable in performance and appearance in Wichita...less than 2 weeks prior...and in NY and Chicago he's gassed...he's drinking...big deal...it's the Rolling Stones

quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Lots of good points on this thread and lots of exaggeration as well.

I wasn't in Chicago, so I can't comment on that. But let me tell you, if we just sit down, relax and think about it: it couldn't have been a stroke. This couldn't explain:

a) the fact that Keith wasn't that bad during Europe - if it had been a stroke, wouldn't the effects be strongest just a little while after it occured? They supposedly become less obvious with time.

b) the fact that all the insurance companies etc. allowed him to go on a world tour, just one month after the incident. They wouldn't risk it.

quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
just a stroke!?!

whew!

I heard he had had triple by pass surgery plus a severe case of explosive diarerra brought on by scabies

this is comforting news...

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
that was my thoughts as well.

quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Okay, here's another can of worms but I was just over at Shidoobee and this very same thread over there has been deleted. WTF?

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
It had led to a slew of innapropriate posts and Doug and i talked and felt it was best to not leave it up as there are just some that cannot handle it.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I thought of you last night joey....I had to delay going to bed due to a massive dump!

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I thought of you when wiping my ass.

13th October 2006 01:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
pug...were you and the wife sitting in A1 near the front?

It was nice to see you again at Graces!
13th October 2006 01:50 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
no, we were a few rows off the side of the stage in 142. My wife is about 5 foot even and does not want to have floor seats when we go to shows together, so I get us as close as I can directly on the side.

Well, that answered my next question.

I took a photo of a couple that I could have sworn was you and the missus (like I did with TomL & Meg). I won't worry about forwarding it to you.
13th October 2006 01:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Well, that answered my next question.

I took a photo of a couple that I could have sworn was you and the missus (like I did with TomL & Meg). I won't worry about forwarding it to you.

They must have been very attractive.
13th October 2006 02:29 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
They must have been very attractive.

Oh, you know it!

When I get home, I'll forward it to you anyway
13th October 2006 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Oh, you know it!

When I get home, I'll forward it to you anyway

Pam .....................

Did my name come up at the ' Chicago Summit ' ?!

13th October 2006 04:51 PM
_Boomy_ It was kind of sad to see the upper deck on Keith's side covered with big Stones tarps.

Looks like people were upgraded, though. However, the weather probably drove away those people that buy tickets while sitting on the fence.
14th October 2006 01:36 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Hey Pug, Hows your ADDA working now?

Here's the local forecast in Chicago....

Forecast
As of 9:29 am CDT on October 11, 2006

REST OF TODAY...Occasional light rain and drizzle. Becoming windy. Early afternoon highs in the lower to mid 50s...then temperatures falling into the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 20 mph late in the morning increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon with gusts to 35 mph. Followed by extended periods of dismal tailgating. Periods of inadequate papering continue tail off due to inclimate weather conditions. Capes are advised.

TONIGHT...Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light snow showers. Much colder and windy. Lows around 30. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the evening. Expect stagnant set lists filled with extreme flurries of war horses. Look for frozen arthritic fingers and periods of sloppy playing throughout the night. By end of evening, a predicted high of 18 songs.

LOL!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)