ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pug please confirm Chicago disaster. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
11th October 2006 10:59 AM
jb I read on another site that part of the upper decks has been curtained off and the show, as we said, is only a little more than 1/2 full. Please confirm ASAP!!!!
11th October 2006 11:01 AM
sirmoonie I hope all ROers and Couchers and Gassers and Shidoobs have a great time at the Chicago summit/show bang/bashes. The Stones ALWAYS rock Chicago, one of America's great cities!
11th October 2006 11:02 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I hope all ROers and Couchers and Gassers and Shidoobs have a great time at the Chicago summit/show bang/bashes. The Stones ALWAYS rock Chicago, one of America's great cities!

It's possible that the uppers may be curtainbed off!!!
11th October 2006 11:05 AM
jb Sadly, Tele 's post re: Firesale was correct....they needed one, but chose to ignore the signs of an attendance humiliation.
11th October 2006 11:05 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I read on another site that part of the upper decks has been curtained off and the show, as we said, is only a little more than 1/2 full. Please confirm ASAP!!!!

WGNTV reports that ' blizzard conditions ' are expected at showtime .

********* WTF ?! **********
11th October 2006 11:06 AM
luxury1 The Stones are aware the message board heavy hitters will be in attendance. I believe they will deliver the goods--as long as they dont freeze to death...
11th October 2006 11:07 AM
Fiji Joe I predict a Jagger scarf pic will come out of this....
11th October 2006 11:09 AM
Saint Sway Hey Pug, Hows your ADDA working now?

Here's the local forecast in Chicago....

Forecast
As of 9:29 am CDT on October 11, 2006

REST OF TODAY...Occasional light rain and drizzle. Becoming windy. Early afternoon highs in the lower to mid 50s...then temperatures falling into the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 20 mph late in the morning increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon with gusts to 35 mph. Followed by extended periods of dismal tailgating. Periods of inadequate papering continue tail off due to inclimate weather conditions. Capes are advised.

TONIGHT...Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of light snow showers. Much colder and windy. Lows around 30. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the evening. Expect stagnant set lists filled with extreme flurries of war horses. Look for frozen arthritic fingers and periods of sloppy playing throughout the night. By end of evening, a predicted high of 18 songs.
11th October 2006 11:11 AM
jb I said that there should be no summitt here,...no true fan can feel good entering a stadium with curtained off sections...this is horrific and anyone who went must be very depressed....sad news for all.
Stray Cat UK What about Keith ? Will he be able to move.How can they make him suffer like this. His pimp (Cohl) should consider the effect this weather is having on the Human Riff and his ongoing condition.
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, Tele 's post re: Firesale was correct....they needed one, but chose to ignore the signs of an attendance humiliation.

Puggy ........................

Remember , you are about to see the World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band --- please do NOT let the driving rain , sleet , freezing drizzle and thirty degree temps discourage you from having a BLAST this evening .

No matter how hard the ice pellets sting as they spray across your face --- REGARDLESS of how ' soaked to the bone ' you feel or how numb your toes and fingers have become -- trust me -- it is WORTH it .

That being said , I will think of all my Chicagoian Stones' Brothers and Sisters who will be there at the gig tonight whilst curled up on my leather couch , in front of a roaring fire , with candle light and a glass of cabernet in hand as I watch Stones' Rio '06 on my new HD " R " DVD player .

J. " Snuggles " Kins

[ Kins ]

[Edited by Joey]
11th October 2006 11:12 AM
jb
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
What about Keith ? Will he be able to move.How can they make him suffer like this. His pimp (Cohl) should consider the effect this weather is having on the Human Riff and his ongoing condition.

Agreed,,this was really ill advised. What a complete bummer..it may make Boston look good.
11th October 2006 11:18 AM
throbby Stray Cat UK wrote:
What about Keith ? Will he be able to move.How can they make him suffer like this. His pimp (Cohl) should consider the effect this weather is having on the Human Riff and his ongoing condition.

Well said! This really bothers me. Can you play guitar wearing gloves? Arthritis is not a good companion on freezing cold damp nights!

What in the hell were they thinking?
11th October 2006 11:21 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

Well said! This really bothers me. Can you play guitar wearing gloves? Arthritis is not a good companion on freezing cold damp nights!

What in the hell were they thinking?

I beleive both the 400 and -parts of 300 will be curtained!!! I thought this show would fill in like Boston, but once the curtains go up, it fate accomple....sad day for all of us, and particularly the fans in Ill and those who went for a summitt I long ago advised against. I know as a fan I would still try to enjoy the show, but no way you can deny being bummed by the curtains. I do think they will get the better set-list if this is any consolation. This may be worsr than Buffalo 97.
11th October 2006 11:24 AM
Jumping Jack They should play in the south were the real fans are!!!
11th October 2006 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
They should play in the south were the real fans are!!!

This is as bad as it gets...a curtain job is more or less admitting defeat.
11th October 2006 11:28 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Agreed!
11th October 2006 11:31 AM
monkey_man
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Thay should play in the south where it doesn't blizzard in Oct!!
11th October 2006 11:32 AM
throbby Jumping Jack wrote:
They should play in the south were the real fans are!!

Warmer weather! Better for older bones.
11th October 2006 11:33 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

I predict over three thousand cases of ' frostbite ' this evening in the Chicago Soldier field area ....

Developing ..............

Shiver .......

Brrr.

11th October 2006 11:34 AM
Jumping Jack Has the man behind the curtain in Chicago been revealed? Has Michael lost his wizard powers? After fetching the broom stick does this mean I cannot get into the Beacon?

11th October 2006 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

a curtain job is more or less admitting defeat.

Not good for gross .
11th October 2006 11:35 AM
throbby Back in olden days they used to drape long black curtains on the government buildings during times of national mourning. See Lincoln funeral.
11th October 2006 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:
throbby wrote:
Back in olden days they used to drape long black curtains on the government buildings during times of national mourning. See Lincoln funeral.

Funny !!!

Good Posting
11th October 2006 11:37 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Back in olden days they used to drape long black curtains on the government buildings during times of national mourning. See Lincoln funeral.

At least as nellcote said, Boston turned out O.K. with 42k...I thought that Chicago would do better with 45k...Sadly, looks like the 26k report may havebeen correct....I also am very concerned about all West Coast dates.......who would think this would be the way the band woulkd go out???
11th October 2006 11:41 AM
Jumping Jack JB, be an optimist. The Beacon may be WIDE OPEN!!!
11th October 2006 11:42 AM
Nellcote 03 & 04 November 1981, Boulder CO Folsom Field
07 October 1989, Cyclone Field, Ames Iowa
08 October 1997, Rich Stadium, Buffalo, NY
16-17 October 1997, Meadowlands, NJ
20-21 October 1997, Foxboro Stadium, MA

Thus, these fall dates are rooted in history.
Should the band be outside for 2 hours at age 60+ with lousy weather?
Probably not.
What draws them to?
Fill in the _______
11th October 2006 11:42 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
Puggy ........................

Remember , you are about to see the World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band --- please do NOT let the driving rain , sleet , freezing drizzle and thirty degree temps discourage you from having a BLAST this evening .

No matter how hard the ice pellets sting as they spray across your face --- REGARDLESS of how ' soaked to the bone ' or how numb your toes and fingers have become -- trust me -- it is WORTH it .

That being said , I will think of all my Chicagoian Stones' Brothers and Sisters wo will be there at the gig tonight whilst curled up on my leather couch , in front of a roaring fire , with candle light and a glass of cabernet in hand as I watch Stones' Rio '06 on my new HD " R " DVD player .

J. " Snuggles " Kins

Kudos Joey! Thats genius posting!! Straight from the heart!

--------

My Dear Joseph,

I will toast this fine post again tonight over a 98 bottle Chateau Petrus while I watch the 95 Paradisio DVD and relax with the finest kind bud. But I fear that our friends will not be able to enjoy a smoke easily with the gusting winds. Its a shame not to be able to burn one while you while the Stones play Rambler because your hands and face are frost bitten.

But what I fear most is that the sound will suffer terribly due to gusting winds mixed with heavy sleet and snow. Though I trust that you will be comfortably watching the Rio DVD tonite on a Bose system with surround sound... Remember, most of all, the audio must always crystal clear! Or else, whats the point? You dont want to spend good money and not be able to clearly hear the band.

Cheers!

Sway
11th October 2006 11:45 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
JB, be an optimist. The Beacon may be WIDE OPEN!!!

I believe , depending on the prices, it may be...RCMH had tickets available the day of....if they truly go for 35-50, off course not-but does nayone think a large amount of these will be available???-I doubt it.
11th October 2006 11:45 AM
throbby Like Keith is so fond of saying "God joins the band on stage at times". This time God put the hammer down. No way fence sitters are gonna go in these weather conditions.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)