ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cessna Stadium - Wichita, Kansas, October 1st 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2nd October 2006 02:47 AM
danielharris627 Any pics?
2nd October 2006 03:49 AM
Jeep Photos Wichita Eagle :

2nd October 2006 03:52 AM
Jeep From The Wichita Eagle :

Legendary show
30,000 see Rolling Stones at Cessna Stadium

BY JILLIAN COHAN
The Wichita Eagle

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/entertainment/special_packages/stones_in_wichita/15658058.htm

The term "rock legend" gets bandied about so often, it's entirely cliche. Unless, of course, you've earned that stature through decades of grit, blues, flash and sweat. Enter the Rolling Stones, who had a bit of all the above Sunday at Cessna Stadium.

Around 30,000 rock 'n' roll lovers turned out for the largest concert in Wichita history, and Mick Jagger's crew didn't disappoint.

After a passable opening by California guitar-rock trio Black Rebel Motorcycle Club got the crowd toe-tapping, if not singing along, the main act hit the stage hard and barely slowed down during an athletic, nearly two-hour set.

Bursts of fireworks and pyrotechnics kicked off the show, startling the crowd to its feet.

When Mick pounced on stage, impossibly thin and frenetic in skinny black jeans, a green satin coat and a spangled black shirt, Wichita was ready.

"I know it's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it," he crowed, shimmying and bouncing across the stage while guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood traded riffs behind him.

Sunday's show was the 100th on the Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour, yet the band found a way to make the material seem fresh, with sly asides and boyish energy filling the stadium even after 44 years on the road.

"This is our first time here," Jagger said, shortly before introducing the nine-piece touring band. "We are the virgins of Wich-i-ta."

"We're going to do this just for you," he added, playing a few bars of "Wichita Lineman," before hurrying on to hits like "Let It Bleed," "Sway" and the dreamy slow song "Streets of Love."

Jagger showed that at 63 he's still got the goods by lifting his shirt to display his muscled abs.

The energy level stayed high throughout the night, even when Mick's mike became problematic, forcing a member of the crew to shadow him across stage while fiddling with the wiring.

After apologizing for the delay, it was back to the snarl and dash, with "Tumblin' Dice" and "Monkey Man."

While Keith and Mick took the showman spots, Wood and drummer Charlie Watts played the straight men, looking almost embarrassed by the attention when Mick introduced them to the audience, which roared its approval.

Soon after, they stepped back to allow Keith his vocal turn on the sweetly sentimental "You've Got the Silver."

"This is our first time here," he said. "I love firsts. It's great to finally be here."

With a smile, he launched into the raunchy "Little T and A". Partway through he took a few seconds out to suck on his cigarette, a move that could've come off as affected, but instead seemed like he'd earned it.

As the night wore on, the spectacle kept building, with the band floating on a hydraulic lift to a smaller stage in the middle of the stadium for warhorses like "Under My Thumb," "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Sympathy for the Devil."

At about 10:20 p.m., after performing for almost 90 minutes, the band ended its set with "Brown Sugar" and left the stage, returning minutes later for an encore as fans clapped, whistled and cheered.

As they have done on some of their previous tour dates, the Stones capped their concert with the enduring "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and the crowd-pleasing "Satisfaction," punctuated with a storm of fireworks.

If you weren't close enough to see the miles they'd traveled and the years that had passed, you'd swear this was a band at its prime.

Then again, maybe it still is.
2nd October 2006 04:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Now tell me how the Wiki could be updated already with tonights concert????????

Guess

Someone had the foresight to edit it as soon as they heard the setlist

"Rocks Off - bringing the world the news BEFORE it happens..."
2nd October 2006 04:56 AM
Gazza nice review on IORR - pity "Wichita lineman" was only a brief version and not the full song, but a nice touch nonetheless

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/wichita.htm

..and the prize for the most stomach-churning description of Mick's stage wear so far goes to this one :

"Mick was wearing a green jacket with the most of the back cut out, so that the front flaps hung like sloppy labia".

2nd October 2006 06:02 AM
Jeep
2nd October 2006 06:08 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Guess

LMAO!!! You missed your calling, Resident Stones Historian!!! Figured it was you
2nd October 2006 06:57 AM
Bitch
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
LMAO!!! You missed your calling, Resident Stones Historian!!! Figured it was you

This IS Gazza's calling!
Rolling Stones calling for Gazza!
Gazza, please stay on top of things while we are on the road!
THANKS Gazza!
2nd October 2006 07:31 AM
Bitch
quote:
Jeep wrote:
From The Wichita Eagle :

Legendary show
30,000 see Rolling Stones at Cessna Stadium

BY JILLIAN COHAN
The Wichita Eagle

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/entertainment/special_packages/stones_in_wichita/15658058.htm

Sunday's show was the 100th on the Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour, yet the band found a way to make the material seem fresh, with sly asides and boyish energy filling the stadium even after 44 years on the road.

Wow this was the 100th show on ABB! That's fantastic! God Bless the Rolling Stones! They are unfuckingbelievable! True professionals, and real troopers to keep the tour going for 100 shows and counting!
2nd October 2006 10:58 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Guess

LOL! You never cease to amaze me, G. Great tag line, by the way:
We need to incorporate that somewhere...

2nd October 2006 11:02 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
nice review on IORR - pity "Wichita lineman" was only a brief version and not the full song, but a nice touch nonetheless

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/wichita.htm

..and the prize for the most stomach-churning description of Mick's stage wear so far goes to this one :

"Mick was wearing a green jacket with the most of the back cut out, so that the front flaps hung like sloppy labia".

Woah. Yeah, a bit too descriptive.
I just realized that when they do the "new, improved" setlist, we don't get the shiny jackets - just basic black; whereas when they do the "warhorse setlist" the Vegas costumes come out. Yay for basic black...always a classic!
2nd October 2006 01:14 PM
nankerphelge Generally speaking, if anyone sees sloppy green labia lips, avoid them!!
2nd October 2006 01:16 PM
gimmekeef Shock of the entire ABB Tour :

Witchita....did not get...Omaha'd
2nd October 2006 01:20 PM
Jeep 3 video reports from Wichita local TV :

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/4283742.html

http://www.ksn.com/news/stories/15105662.html

http://www.kwch.com/ (link in "Featured Video" )
2nd October 2006 02:32 PM
Jakeb206 Here is a picture that I think is header worthy! (sorry its so big)
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
[Edited by Jakeb206]

More to come in a seperate post
[Edited by Jakeb206]
2nd October 2006 02:52 PM
Poplar
Sweet!!!

And I just want to say how proud I am of our efforts on the setlist - taking it to a new level.
2nd October 2006 03:16 PM
Saint Sway cool. Looks like Wichita actually had front row seating
2nd October 2006 03:42 PM
Jakeb206 How in the name of GOD do i get a picture uploaded that stayes here?
2nd October 2006 03:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Sweet!!!

And I just want to say how proud I am of our efforts on the setlist - taking it to a new level.

word!

the Unofficial Dance Little Sister petition is coming together real strong!

http://novogate.com/board/968/231690-1.html

its now only a matter of time until Gazza submits the petition to Chuck and the band unleashes the tune on us!
2nd October 2006 03:48 PM
SweetVirginia "How in the name of GOD do i get a picture uploaded that stayes here?"

You might want to try Photobucket.com

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
2nd October 2006 06:21 PM
Soldatti Great setlist.
2nd October 2006 06:36 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle

Nice pic from the $160 seats...
2nd October 2006 07:20 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Nice pic from the $160 seats...

Too fucking funny!
2nd October 2006 07:40 PM
mojoman
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Too fucking funny!

no booze sold? not funny.
2nd October 2006 07:49 PM
TomL Great set. Martha I hope you were creaming your pants. You are Mrs. Sway. But it's just that demon life thats got u in its sway................Peace Out to ya sister.
2nd October 2006 07:55 PM
TomL Sorry love ya.
2nd October 2006 08:43 PM
Fiji Joe Today..the day after...Charlie and I spent the day "antiquing"...we were both perfect gentleman

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
2nd October 2006 08:51 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Today..the day after...Charlie and I spent the say "antiquing"...we were both perfect gentleman

OH

MY

GOD!

Feej....SPILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Details please!!!!!!

LJ.
2nd October 2006 08:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Today..the day after...Charlie and I spent the say "antiquing"...we were both perfect gentleman

Ya gotta be fucking kidding me Feej! Where the hell did you meet Chaz?!?! Fookin' good on ya! Now where the hell is your review of the damned show?!

Riffy
2nd October 2006 08:53 PM
lotsajizz sweet
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)