ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cessna Stadium - Wichita, Kansas, October 1st 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2nd October 2006 08:54 PM
Phog WOW!!! Big props Feej. Last night was fucking great!!!
2nd October 2006 09:35 PM
Fiji Joe Wasn't it though Phog?...I was expecting warhorses...and really bummed with the non-alcohol situation...my trip turned out ok...
2nd October 2006 09:36 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Ya gotta be fucking kidding me Feej! Where the hell did you meet Chaz?!?! Fookin' good on ya! Now where the hell is your review of the damned show?!

Riffy

Details of my meeting with Charlie

http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=64710
2nd October 2006 09:40 PM
Altamont Great story Fiji, Congrats!!
2nd October 2006 09:44 PM
glencar Shit, Fiji! That's the coolest! Nice story!
2nd October 2006 09:55 PM
Phog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Wasn't it though Phog?...I was expecting warhorses...and really bummed with the non-alcohol situation...my trip turned out ok...

Easily the best show I've seen this tour. The booze situation didn't bug me too much, but a couple of beers would've been nice. You know I like the beer... At least this way we didn't have to constantly step aside for people going to and coming from the toilets.

That setlist was just great. I looked around for you some, but couldn't find you.

"Sway" in Kansas. Rock Chalk Motherfuckers!!!!!!
[Edited by Phog]
2nd October 2006 09:58 PM
glencar Wichita Lineman was only 30 seconds?
2nd October 2006 09:58 PM
Fiji Joe So...my review of the show?...which now seems incidental next to meeting and speaking with Charlie

In a nutshell...because I suck at reviews...it was like this:

The crowd energy at the show sucked IMO...largley due to no alchol sales...Wichita treated this concert like the state fair...friggin corn dogs and fresh squeezed lemonade and god awful lines at the merchandise booths where for the first time in my life, I was going to buy a concert shirt...I gave up...I bet the city lost a lot of money

The boys played great...Keith really came out strong...he was hitting every note...but I have to say, he faded quite a bit about half way through...both he and Ronnie were very high in the mix...Monkey Man was awesome...just awesome...Keith nailed You got the Silver...fucking nailed it!...that is his song...no doubt...he blew up on T & A...visibly tired

Sway, IMO, was butchered by Ronnie...I tell ya, from time to time it was like he was playing in a different key...then again, there were other times where Ronnie was nails and was carrying the band

Wichita Lineman...fucking great!...hideously done but comical in its effect...which was what was intended....I could not believe they broke ranks to do that...they were very involved with the crowd all night...that was nice to see

The set worked real well..except for Rough Justice which seemed just out of place...and Mick flubbed the opening lyrics to that song...it was the only real low point of the show for me...that and the old lady next to me who kept holding her drivers license over one eye and complaining of migraines...I'm not kidding...WTF?

The setlist, as y'all know, was fantastic...I came expecting warhorses and was pleasantly surprised...but I think the masses may have been disappointed...but fuck em'...they wer playing for me, Marth and Phog

LET IT BLEED was flawless...absolutely flawless

All in all, this was one of the better shows I've seen this tour...a more energetic crowd would have put it over the top

The boys are still worth the money...IMO

BTW...Streets of Love was not that bad...I actually enjoyed it

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
2nd October 2006 10:00 PM
Phog Yeah, they just played one chorus of it. Still very cool.
2nd October 2006 10:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Phog wrote:

Easily the best show I've seen this tour. The booze situation didn't bug me too much, but a couple of beers would've been nice. You know I like the beer... At least this way we didn't have to constantly step aside for people going to and coming from the toilets.

That setlist was just great. I looked around for you some, but couldn't find you.

"Sway" in Kansas. Rock Chalk Motherfuckers!!!!!!
[Edited by Phog]

Yeah...I was looking for you Phog...I did greet Martha...but it was poor timing as the Black Biker Gang was playing and I couldn't hear her speak
2nd October 2006 10:08 PM
Phog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
So...my review of the show?...which now seems incidental next to meeting and speaking with Charlie

In a nutshell...because I suck at reviews...it was like this:

The crowd energy at the show sucked IMO...largley due to no alchol sales...Wichita treated this concert like the state fair...friggin corn dogs and fresh squeezed lemonade and god awful lines at the merchandise booths where for the first time in my life, I was going to buy a concert shirt...I gave up...I bet the city lost a lot of money

The boys played great...Keith really came out strong...he was hitting every note...but I have to say, he faded quite a bit about half way through...both he and Ronnie were very high in the mix...Monkey Man was awesome...just awesome...Keith nailed You got the Silver...fucking nailed it!...that is his song...no doubt...he blew up on T & A...visibly tired

Sway, IMO, was butchered by Ronnie...I tell ya, from time to time it was like he was playing in a different key...then again, there were other times where Ronnie was nails and was carrying the band

Wichita Lineman...fucking great!...hideously done but comical in its effect...which was what was intended....I could not believe they broke ranks to do that...they were very involved with the crowd all night...that was nice to see

The set worked real well..except for Rough Justice which seemed just out of place...and Mick flubbed the opening lyrics to that song...it was the only real low point of the show for me...that and the old lady next to me who kept holding her drivers license over one eye and complaining of migraines...I'm not kidding...WTF?

The setlist, as y'all know, was fantastic...I came expecting warhorses and was pleasantly surprised...but I think the masses may have been disappointed...but fuck em'...they wer playing for me, Marth and Phog

All in all, this was one of the better shows I've seen this tour...a more energetic crowd would have put it over the top

The boys are still worth the money...IMO

BTW...Streets of Love was not that bad...I actually enjoyed it

See, from my vantage point Ronnie sounded really good on "Sway". In fact, Ronnie really stood out last night.

KR was totally lost on "Little T&A" guitarwise. I think that may be due to 25 years of not playing it live. At least he didn't let loose with a torrent of wrong notes. He just kind of looked at his guitar and waited for his memory bank to kick in.

Killer show.
2nd October 2006 10:10 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Phog wrote:

See, from my vantage point Ronnie sounded really good on "Sway". In fact, Ronnie really stood out last night.

KR was totally lost on "Little T&A" guitarwise. I think that may be due to 25 years of not playing it live. At least he didn't let loose with a torrent of wrong notes. He just kind of looked at his guitar and waited for his memory bank to kick in.

Killer show.

Well I know Ronnie was high in the mix on Sway...and was very on most of the night...Let it Bleed was pefect...the ancient art of weaving at its very fucking best!
2nd October 2006 10:11 PM
glencar I'm glad everyone enjoyed SOL.
2nd October 2006 10:13 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm glad everyone enjoyed SOL.

It was better than Rough Justice
2nd October 2006 10:20 PM
Phog Check your PM Feej.
2nd October 2006 10:28 PM
glencar Yeah, RJ has been getting kinda rough lately. I liked iyt alst year but the last 3 times I've seen it, it reeked.
2nd October 2006 11:16 PM
Bitch Fiji Joe, you are so fucking lucky, or was that fate? You were destined to meet Charlie, and it was great reading your story and your review of the show! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! You lucky dog!

Did you ask for his autograph?
2nd October 2006 11:19 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Did you ask for his autograph?

LOL...I did not...I thought about it...but I figured the picture would suffice
2nd October 2006 11:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Today..the day after...Charlie and I spent the day "antiquing"...we were both perfect gentleman

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

VERY nice, Feej! Good on ya!

You guys got the "new, improved" show too! Not bad, eh?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
2nd October 2006 11:34 PM
tumbled
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

wow !! great story!! and what a magical experience.... thanks for sharing...wow... and to think they are human beings....amazing stuff
3rd October 2006 01:29 AM
parmeda
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Feej...you're my hero.

That was smooth, babe.

Real smooth
3rd October 2006 02:37 AM
danielharris627 Wow!! Thats awesome Fiji!
3rd October 2006 02:45 AM
danielharris627 "Thanks for the help...I'm now one of your biggest fans"

hahah! Aww!
3rd October 2006 05:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Christ on a bike. First Jumpin Jack in Louisville and now you in Wichita. We're on a roll. I'm on the plane now to Montana. If theres any that go there.
3rd October 2006 06:07 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Way to go, Feej!!
Who'd of thunk..... in an antique mall no less!!!

And I am jealous.....Let It Bleed the night before and no Miss You!!!!
3rd October 2006 10:39 AM
jb This is a beautiful thing Fiji!!!
3rd October 2006 11:07 AM
jb Wow!!! 7k empties as we predicted....
3rd October 2006 11:44 AM
Martha
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Hope someone is taping....I'd love to hear that one.

Ok, I'm trying to read all this before I post...but can't wait any longer.

After the show (almost immediately), we met a taper that came with his 2 buddies all hailing from Denver....and I wil be getting this show from him for certain!!! So YES it is in the can! ;-)

SCOPEY! Hi sweetie! How's the sweet bird of youth treatin' you?! ;-) I CRIED all week BEFORE getting in the car and driving a bahzillion miles to the show. I cried when I got the tickets in my hand (shaking like a leaf) and I really CRIED when I finally got to our seats.....unable at first to turn around and LOOK at how close I was to the stage. Fuck...I'm gonna start crying right NOW just tallking about it.

Wichita Lineman was officially on the set list written as:
5. Wichita Lineman (Chorus)
In case that's important.

Keef did not seem as I feared he might be. He acted more like himself than I thought he would from all that I've heard. No sitting on stage that I ever saw. I did note his guitar tech told him what song was next as they stood next to Charlie's riser around song 6 or 7 when Keef switched guitars and I wondered if that was normal or not.

Keef kissed Lisa during the latter part of the show. Everyone was attentive to him. Keef talked it up with Darrell at the earalier part of the show while they were playing, but all I could see was Darrell answering/nodding back to him as Keef had his back to me.

Keef ran down the ramp on Ronnie's side of the stage holding his guitar by the neck and then started into his lead during the latter part of the show...Nothing shakey then.

I did hear him play out of key on stage for a small bit (can't recall which song sorry) his hands weren't positioned right...but he got back ontrack and he flubbed up something on the B-stage temporarily. I've heard that happen since I've been seeing them though so I can't say it was abnormal.

I did however notice that Keef seemed a bit more subdued....not a lot more, but a bit more. I wonder if he is waxing somewhat nostalgic as he knows this is coming to an end....and I bet he CRIES just like LJ and I do about such things.

Indeed.

:-)

Ronnie...was a stick of dynamite. He is working hard now...no doubt about that. He looked RIGHT at me as the B stage floated by....I mouthed the words "thank you" with my hands in prayer and he acknowledged me with a Nod and a WINK!

I may have to change my name to GotANod&AWinkFromRonnie! ;-)

On the way back he blew a kiss back tu my Sister Nancy who was at her first ever Stones show. She is in ALL in love with the boys now......see what a live show does to people! ;-) We're never the same! ;-)

Fiji was a DOLL to come over and hug me and say Hi (thanks for hooking us up LJ)! I had forgotten that we met in NY....I can get all the names mixed up not to mention the shape I was in then. I remembered your face though Feej! Gold rings on ya for the kindness! You always make me smile.

Meg it was great chatting with you SWAY SISTER I hope I wasn't screaming in your ear I could barely hear on my end. And I am glad you are now dried out and warm after Louisville froze you solid!

I got to read the rest of this thread now.

10/01/06 may go down as one of the top 5 Happiest days of my life!

Oh, TomL and I are now Mr. and Mrs. Sway!

Joey...I tried to call.....I MISSED YOU!but got Under my Thumb instead! LOL

GREAT show!

Cheers!

xxoo,
Martha!

3rd October 2006 11:58 AM
Martha Fiji, I am in awe! So VERY VERY happy for you and your wife. What a way to top off an excellent show!

:-)

Martha! (Mrs. Sway)
3rd October 2006 12:06 PM
LadyJane GREAT review dear Martha!!!!!!!

You ALWAYS get a great show!!

Thanks for the phone calls. Hearing YGTS rejuvenated me.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)