ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cessna Stadium - Wichita, Kansas, October 1st 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3rd October 2006 11:42 PM
aerorulz IMO it's pretty damn good. A-/B+ the vocals come out great. The only thing that doesn't sound that good is the drums, but they are decent.
3rd October 2006 11:54 PM
aerorulz ITS UP!!!! EVERYONE ENJOY!!!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=115122
[Edited by aerorulz]
4th October 2006 12:03 AM
Poplar [quote]aerorulz wrote:
ITS UP!!!! quote]

I love how the description includes some of my own RO handywork!! Thanks so much!!!!

I'm already at 2% ... hell yeah!!!!
[Edited by Poplar]
4th October 2006 09:50 AM
Jumping Jack You are da man Feej. Well done!!!! Nothing quite like shaking the hand of the master, the hand that drives the Rolling Stones. Don't take a bath or wash your hand for a month and good things will happen to you, LOL!!!
4th October 2006 11:00 AM
glencar
quote:
aerorulz wrote:
IMO it's pretty damn good. A-/B+ the vocals come out great. The only thing that doesn't sound that good is the drums, but they are decent.

Howe could that be????
4th October 2006 11:47 AM
aerorulz They sound compressed in some parts, but it was a stadium so I did all I could with them, if after downloading and someone thinks they can improve them, go right ahead, Id love to hear it.
[Edited by aerorulz]
4th October 2006 12:11 PM
Martha
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Martha! I'm so happy you got such a GREAT show and I LOVED your review! Gold rings on YOU, baby!

That's very kind of you to say GotToRollMe, thank you!

And DITTO!

Gary, it made my show complete to have you text message us before the lights went down....without my having met up with you I'd never have had this experience.

You complete me!

LOL

xxxxxoooooooo,
Martha
4th October 2006 04:27 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
aerorulz wrote:
They sound compressed in some parts, but it was a stadium so I did all I could with them, if after downloading and someone thinks they can improve them, go right ahead, Id love to hear it.
[Edited by aerorulz]

When I get this show...I will give that a try

Oh..and allow me to name this boot...

"Wichita Shocker"

Get it?...do ya?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
4th October 2006 06:13 PM
Jakeb206
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

When I get this show...I will give that a try

Oh..and allow me to name this boot...

"Wichita Shocker"

Get it?...do ya?

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

HAHAHA! good one!
Wichita sure was a "shocker"
4th October 2006 08:24 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks a lot for taping Wichita and uploading the torrent to Dime, Aerorulz, and for giving us a heads-up. Just so everyone knows, it's on the Rocks Off tracker under torrent name "The Rolling Stones."
5th October 2006 02:10 AM
Poplar
...........WICHITA SHOW MUSINGS..............

notes during my first listen to the boot. I was not at the show.

IORR - OK
YGMR - ya'' know i like this song, but this wasn't very sharp. keith?
MM - missed several changes in this one. Keith nowhere for long stretches.
Sway - sweet, like all of the recent ones. Ronnie shines.
WL - coulda been great, cause mick nailed it. why just a chorus!?? are our guitar guys just incapable?
LIB - not bad.
SOL - eh... ummm, ok, but there's some serious Chuck in here.
Bitch - holy shit. Keith is everywhere! christ!! now he's behind me!!! Woah, there's Ronnie, too!! where the fuck did this come from? the song builds insane steam, & rocks hard. mucho guitar. charlie is hitt'n that outro drum kick like it's 1972. two songs like this would be worth the price of a cheap seat. Faith instantly renewed, and that's the real magic of the stones. how/why do they do that? "thank you very much Kansas!"
TD - they had enough steam coming out of bitch, this one couldn't fail. while some of the others (BS, JJF) bother me, i've grown to like the drawn out Tumbling Dice "rave up" at the end of the tune. such a cozy groove in Keith's lick. That riff is gold.
intros - even listen to 'em on tape, more personality there than in some of the songs.
YGTS - Awesome. what the hell if keith ain't playing a guitar.. he SINGS this song. can't wait to see it.
LT&A - let's thank our lucky stars the horns ARE there. i also like what charlie and Daryl do a little gallop in the rythm. as for our boys, they managed a few good bars worth of guitar at the end of the song, but god keith struggles with the main chord progression (Bb, F, D, A) in a big way. geez. it's like stones self-immolation. balsy and exreme, but not good. maybe in a week two we'll close in on something. this was, however, better than Gillette - which in regards to Little T&A, was not the best a man can get.
UMT - hmmm. considering i've never heard a good one since 1982, this was certainly a step forward. they turned it back into a 60's pop song. could hear the crowd into it, which i'm sure was partly the theatrics... but i still give much credit to the song. please keep it.
RJ - this song is hyperactive. again, there is guitar so i approve.
JJF - fuck yeah. this was a good show.
HTW - standard.
SFTD - eh..
SMU - ronnie now owns this tune.
BS - nice and quick. i like this one up tempo.
YGAGWYW - never heard one i didn't enjoy. perfect in this slot.
Satis - The way the band tears this one up now is like some rock and roll irreverance. it's post-punk. the only time all night that the attack on keith's effect stand out.

note 1: the editing on the intros is hysterical. bravo!!
note 2: these guys are amazing. imagine the energy required.

In Summary:

i haven't seen any of the Fall shows, but I've heard all available boots, YouTubes etc... to me, the shows sound relatively inspired as far as "the band" goes - some great setlists, Mick seems to really be going for it, Ronnie sounds great, etc... but folks - by my ears it's evident that Keith is operating at 60 to 70 percent. When he's there, it's damn good stones. Maybe even great stones. When he's not there, it's like some odd mix of 1976 and 2006; as in a mix of sloppy rock, and tired sloppy rock. god bless 'em.

i'm living for those west coast dates, and a chance to say goodbye.
5th October 2006 10:44 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

...........WICHITA SHOW MUSINGS..............

notes during my first listen to the boot. I was not at the show.

IORR - OK
YGMR - ya'' know i like this song, but this wasn't very sharp. keith?
MM - missed several changes in this one. Keith nowhere for long stretches.
Sway - sweet, like all of the recent ones. Ronnie shines.
WL - coulda been great, cause mick nailed it. why just a chorus!?? are our guitar guys just incapable?
LIB - not bad.
SOL - eh... ummm, ok, but there's some serious Chuck in here.
Bitch - holy shit. Keith is everywhere! christ!! now he's behind me!!! Woah, there's Ronnie, too!! where the fuck did this come from? the song builds insane steam, & rocks hard. mucho guitar. charlie is hitt'n that outro drum kick like it's 1972. two songs like this would be worth the price of a cheap seat. Faith instantly renewed, and that's the real magic of the stones. how/why do they do that? "thank you very much Kansas!"
TD - they had enough steam coming out of bitch, this one couldn't fail. while some of the others (BS, JJF) bother me, i've grown to like the drawn out Tumbling Dice "rave up" at the end of the tune. such a cozy groove in Keith's lick. That riff is gold.
intros - even listen to 'em on tape, more personality there than in some of the songs.
YGTS - Awesome. what the hell if keith ain't playing a guitar.. he SINGS this song. can't wait to see it.
LT&A - let's thank our lucky stars the horns ARE there. i also like what charlie and Daryl do a little gallop in the rythm. as for our boys, they managed a few good bars worth of guitar at the end of the song, but god keith struggles with the main chord progression (Bb, F, D, A) in a big way. geez. it's like stones self-immolation. balsy and exreme, but not good. maybe in a week two we'll close in on something. this was, however, better than Gillette - which in regards to Little T&A, was not the best a man can get.
UMT - hmmm. considering i've never heard a good one since 1982, this was certainly a step forward. they turned it back into a 60's pop song. could hear the crowd into it, which i'm sure was partly the theatrics... but i still give much credit to the song. please keep it.
RJ - this song is hyperactive. again, there is guitar so i approve.
JJF - fuck yeah. this was a good show.
HTW - standard.
SFTD - eh..
SMU - ronnie now owns this tune.
BS - nice and quick. i like this one up tempo.
YGAGWYW - never heard one i didn't enjoy. perfect in this slot.
Satis - The way the band tears this one up now is like some rock and roll irreverance. it's post-punk. the only time all night that the attack on keith's effect stand out.

note 1: the editing on the intros is hysterical. bravo!!
note 2: these guys are amazing. imagine the energy required.

In Summary:

i haven't seen any of the Fall shows, but I've heard all available boots, YouTubes etc... to me, the shows sound relatively inspired as far as "the band" goes - some great setlists, Mick seems to really be going for it, Ronnie sounds great, etc... but folks - by my ears it's evident that Keith is operating at 60 to 70 percent. When he's there, it's damn good stones. Maybe even great stones. When he's not there, it's like some odd mix of 1976 and 2006; as in a mix of sloppy rock, and tired sloppy rock. god bless 'em.

i'm living for those west coast dates, and a chance to say goodbye.

I agree with most of that...although I haven't heard the boot...I recall MM being quite good...LIB being great...I do recall more energy from the band...for whatever reason
5th October 2006 02:48 PM
Phog Maybe it was my seats, but MM and LIB both sounded wonderful that night. The only cringe-worthy moment for me was Keef getting lost during T&A. There were some bum notes and flubbed lyrics, but that happens at every show.
5th October 2006 03:10 PM
Martha
quote:
Phog wrote:
Maybe it was my seats, but MM and LIB both sounded wonderful that night. The only cringe-worthy moment for me was Keef getting lost during T&A. There were some bum notes and flubbed lyrics, but that happens at every show.

I agree. They nailed both songs...especially LIB, in my humble opinion.

I wish we could do it all over again!

:-)
5th October 2006 10:08 PM
Fiji Joe Here is a remastered version of Keith's You Got the Silver from the boot that was posted in bit torrent

Honest feedback would be appreciated...I don't want to mix the remaining songs if it's not making a difference

http://download.yousendit.com/A226F51D4C3B948D

5th October 2006 10:15 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Honest feedback would be appreciated...I don't want to mix the remaining songs if it's not making a difference

it's an improvement you can notice

5th October 2006 10:22 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

it's an improvement you can notice

There's only so much you can do with an audience recording...I can do wonders with soundboards...it was a pretty good recording to start with...some glitches here and there...but overall, a good recording
5th October 2006 11:24 PM
Phog Sounds good, Brother Feej.
6th October 2006 12:27 AM
Poplar
Brother Fij indeed. well done, sir.
That would really hep this recording, as the quality is up and down (especialy early) but pretty good all around.

6th October 2006 07:57 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Here is a remastered version of Keith's You Got the Silver from the boot that was posted in bit torrent

http://download.yousendit.com/A226F51D4C3B948D

It was a good recording to start with, but you've definitely improved on it. The guitars are crystal clear and all over there's a crisper sound to it. Well done!
6th October 2006 09:24 AM
aerorulz Please go ahead and remaster all of it, I love it even more, and thanks for your hard work.
6th October 2006 09:42 AM
Quiquestone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

There's only so much you can do with an audience recording...I can do wonders with soundboards...it was a pretty good recording to start with...some glitches here and there...but overall, a good recording

I looking forward to your complete remaster version of "Wichita Shocker".
The KR's sample sounds really good!
Many thanks in advance!
Cheers from Argentina!
6th October 2006 11:33 AM
Martha Fiji, would you burn me a copy once you are done? I'll B&P you asap if you could be so kind. I can't download anything with my computer.

LMK!

Thanks,
Martha
6th October 2006 02:05 PM
aerorulz Fiji what program do you use to remaster things? I have been usuing Cool Edit Pro 2.0, but is there a better one out there?
6th October 2006 02:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Martha wrote:
Fiji, would you burn me a copy once you are done? I'll B&P you asap if you could be so kind. I can't download anything with my computer.

LMK!

Thanks,
Martha

No B & P necessary...I will try to finish it this weekend...I'll do what I can do...I can improve it, but with audience recordings there is only so much you can do
6th October 2006 02:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
aerorulz wrote:
Fiji what program do you use to remaster things? I have been usuing Cool Edit Pro 2.0, but is there a better one out there?

I'm sure there are better ones out there...but it's really just a matter of fiding the right sound...I use a really old version of nero and a program called Majix which is not intended for wave editing but I do it anyway...I find you can get better results if you make more than one pass on the file...

Some recordings are so bad they can't be fixed...yours is really good...BTW, it seemed to get better as the show progressed..were you making some on the fly adjustments?
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
6th October 2006 03:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I'm sure there are better ones out there...but it's really just a matter of fiding the right sound...I use a really old version of nero and a program called Majix which is not intended for wave editing but I do it anyway...you know, some recordings are so bad they can't be fixed...yours is really good...BTW, it seemed to get better as the show progressed..were you making some on the fly adjustments?

I've noticed this in most audience and soundboard recordings. The first two or three songs are sometimes a little iffy because many times the soundguy is still messing with the levels till he gets it right.

6th October 2006 03:14 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I've noticed this in most audience and soundboard recordings. The first two or three songs are sometimes a little iffy because many times the soundguy is still messing with the levels till he gets it right.

Yes...I have an Atlanta 2002 boot that is like that...goes from crappy to sublime...I can understand why
6th October 2006 04:15 PM
Martha
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

No B & P necessary...I will try to finish it this weekend...I'll do what I can do...I can improve it, but with audience recordings there is only so much you can do

Thanks so much! Please though let me send you something in return.....once you get it done ( thanks for doing the remastering, btw) I'll touch base with you.

It still feels like a dream.

:-)

Peace,
Martha

And the Wichita Lineman is still on the line.
6th October 2006 10:28 PM
aerorulz I only made one adjustment during the show and that was after the first song, after that I let it fly.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)