ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cessna Stadium - Wichita, Kansas, October 1st 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3rd October 2006 12:14 PM
jb 7k empties!!!!
3rd October 2006 12:25 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
GREAT review dear Martha!!!!!!!

You ALWAYS get a great show!!

Thanks for the phone calls. Hearing YGTS rejuvenated me.

LJ.

This song is the reason I HAD to go.....it's one of my 2 ringtones..the other is LARS by Bob ...natch. ;-)

I told Chris to call as Keef was about to start his set. I really wanted you to hear our Keef singing it...glad you could hear well enough.

Ronnie accompanies Keef on that gorgeous (Gibson) acoustic guitar with the gorgeous ornate inlayed piece around the center....he played slide and picked the leads....same guitar he used for As Tears Go By (if I recall correctly). Absolutely worth every minute in the car to and from. You will LOVE it!

BTW, Keef is using a teleprompeter. Has anyone noticed they use one? I saw Mick using it in ( I think it was) NYC.

It was so good to talk with you at the show sister!!!!! You know how to make a girl FEEL that she truly has a sister!!!

Love ya',
Martha

I got SWAYED!!!
3rd October 2006 12:27 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
7k empties!!!!

jb, I did my footwork...asked a security dude how many tickets sold AFTER the show was over ..he said he was told they had 22 tickets left. The venue holds 37,000 and the paper reported 30,000 sold.
3rd October 2006 12:27 PM
jb Howe did they "cover" the empty sections Martha? Over 7k empties!!!
3rd October 2006 12:34 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Howe did they "cover" the empty sections Martha? Over 7k empties!!!

Nothing looked empty jb....it was totally packed in the stands but I don't know about the back of the floor....couldn't (for the first time EVER at a Stones show) SEE it! :-) I couldn't see during the B-stage set either. RJ was a bit rough though I do recall that now.

I know I am alone here....but the non-drinking part was great for me. I wasn't puked on or crushed to death as a result...and I am VERY grateful for that. Nothing got between me and the band....it was magical!

I keep seeing Mick in my mind.....he was only 15 feet from me when he came to the steps to sing.....you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you NEED!

YES!

MM

3rd October 2006 12:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Martha wrote:
Fiji, I am in awe! So VERY VERY happy for you and your wife. What a way to top off an excellent show!

:-)

Martha! (Mrs. Sway)

Yes...how lucky was that?..and you met tapers...I am glad to hear that....that eases my mind a bit because I was worried there were none in Wichita
3rd October 2006 12:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Martha wrote:

Nothing looked empty jb....it was totally packed in the stands but I don't know about the back of the floor....couldn't (for the first time EVER at a Stones show) SEE it! :-) I couldn't see during the B-stage set either. RJ was a bit rough though I do recall that now.

I know I am alone here....but the non-drinking part was great for me. I wasn't puked on or crushed to death as a result...and I am VERY grateful for that. Nothing got between me and the band....it was magical!

I keep seeing Mick in my mind.....he was only 15 feet from me when he came to the steps to sing.....you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you NEED!

YES!

MM

I saw no empties once the show started...on stage was full...and there were quite a few people trying to get free looks from outside this open stadium...Wichita just needs some help in enjoying a rock n' roll concert...it's new to them
3rd October 2006 12:57 PM
Martha
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes...how lucky was that?..and you met tapers...I am glad to hear that....that eases my mind a bit because I was worried there were none in Wichita

I'm very happy that I've eased your mind! Me too! I thought, 'cause we chatted it up with these guys for at least 15 minutes before the one revealed to me he'd taped the show......of course I'D meet a taper in a crowd of 30,000 people LOL...that's the kind of luck I sometimes have. You have luck too Feej....you've got rocknroll on your SIDE! I'm truly thrilled for you. :-) Again thanks for coming over to say hello! It was very appreciated. ;-)

peace!
Martha Swaymellencampdylanmelody!
3rd October 2006 12:57 PM
jb see Louisville as well....
3rd October 2006 12:58 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
see Louisville as well....

Did it smell like manure jb?
3rd October 2006 12:59 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:

Did it smell like manure jb?

It just smelled...and we got a very boring. albeit, professional show.
3rd October 2006 01:09 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

It just smelled...and we got a very boring. albeit, professional show.

You should have come to Wichita darlin'. We got exceptionally great weather....it couldn't have been better.....and those fuckin' 9TH ROW seats 4 seats in from the ramp on Ronnie's side were KILLER! I STILL cannot believe my luck on getting those....popping up at $95 face through TXBastard. I could have NEVER afforded to see them this close had that not happened.....no way in the history of hell.

I feel BLESSED by the rock n roll universe.

;-)
3rd October 2006 01:09 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Martha wrote:

I know I am alone here....but the non-drinking part was great for me. I wasn't puked on or crushed to death as a result...and I am VERY grateful for that.

You're not alone...many songs' enjoyment has been taken away from me at prior shows because of drunk 'fans'. They load up in the lot beforehand or bring in a flask if they must, but there's just too many drunks at shows. Wichita would have been refreshing in that regard.
3rd October 2006 01:15 PM
Martha
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

You're not alone...many songs' enjoyment has been taken away from me at prior shows because of drunk 'fans'. They load up in the lot beforehand or bring in a flask if they must, but there's just too many drunks at shows. Wichita would have been refreshing in that regard.

It was VERY refreshing for my husband, sister and myself as the floor is notorious for getting out of hand especially down front with drunkeness. We weren't trampled!!!

I didn't even bring any weed with me as I was concerned it wouldn't be ok to do that even in the darkness (didn't smell any either all night)......this outdoor venue is also stricly non-smoking.

I didn't need any weed though.....I was higher than I've ever been! Still riding that wave!

peace to you,
Martha

3rd October 2006 02:09 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Oh it didn't so much bother me during the show...but it would have made my pre-show experience a bit better
3rd October 2006 03:25 PM
lotsajizz well, no alcohol allowed in the lot? even if...could you not drink from plain cups if you desired? anyway, I feel less hung up if I'm not carryin' anything when I go to a show....

proper prep....

OK now

Cazart!

3rd October 2006 03:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
well, no alcohol allowed in the lot? even if...could you not drink from plain cups if you desired? anyway, I feel less hung up if I'm not carryin' anything when I go to a show....

proper prep....

OK now

Cazart!

I rarely drink once inside...but gult-free tailgating would have worked...there was some legal hangup with the show being on state property...hence no alcohol
3rd October 2006 03:59 PM
lotsajizz wow....well, I always find the Midwest to be very different than my experiences on the coasts....
3rd October 2006 03:59 PM
G. The Cock A short snippet of "Wichita Lineman" can be found here:

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,542606,page=4
3rd October 2006 04:43 PM
Brainbell Jangler To paraphrase, a quote from Gimme Shelter, "Well done, Fiji." The closest contact I've had with Charlie was when his drumstick hit my arm.
3rd October 2006 06:02 PM
Saint Sway contrats on meeting Charlie!!! Whats the forecast like in KC this weekend? I'm looking forward to some good bbq

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd October 2006 06:24 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
contrats on meeting Charlie!!! Whats the forecast like in KC this weekend? I'm looking forward to some good bbq

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Not sure...but it is hot right now...Africa hot
3rd October 2006 06:57 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Great story and picture, Feej!
Thanks for sharing.

And nice to know you're a AAA baseball fan to boot...
3rd October 2006 07:25 PM
GotToRollMe Martha! I'm so happy you got such a GREAT show and I LOVED your review! Gold rings on YOU, baby!
3rd October 2006 07:31 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
G. The Cock wrote:
A short snippet of "Wichita Lineman" can be found here:

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,542606,page=4

Thanks, G!
3rd October 2006 07:52 PM
aerorulz THE SHOW WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT FROM MY RECORDING, IT WILL HOWEVER BE ON DIME, BECAUSE IM UNFAMILIAR WITH POSTING ON THIS SITE, SOMEONE WILL SURELY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD IT HERE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHOM DON'T HAVE A USERNAME OVER THERE.
3rd October 2006 07:55 PM
Gazza many thanks!
3rd October 2006 09:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
aerorulz wrote:
THE SHOW WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT FROM MY RECORDING, IT WILL HOWEVER BE ON DIME, BECAUSE IM UNFAMILIAR WITH POSTING ON THIS SITE, SOMEONE WILL SURELY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD IT HERE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHOM DON'T HAVE A USERNAME OVER THERE.

Thanks...it is appreciated
3rd October 2006 10:58 PM
Poplar
quote:
aerorulz wrote:
THE SHOW WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT FROM MY RECORDING, IT WILL HOWEVER BE ON DIME, BECAUSE IM UNFAMILIAR WITH POSTING ON THIS SITE, SOMEONE WILL SURELY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD IT HERE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHOM DON'T HAVE A USERNAME OVER THERE.

sweet - I am waiting...
many thanks
3rd October 2006 11:18 PM
Jakeb206 Oh My!
Cannot wait!

Of course someone had to ask... Hows the quality?
[Edited by Jakeb206]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)