ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Rogers Center, Toronto, ON--26th September 2005
© and thanks to John Wood!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 10 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
26th September 2007 08:54 PM
Olivia1962 ^ Interesting. Get well soon BB. those dreams sound out of sight! I think today was the last hot spell here, i can't wait for winter.

[Edited by Olivia1962]
26th September 2007 09:10 PM
GhostofBrianJones Is that German, or Dutch or what language?

I bet none of you has ever heard of Pig Latin?
26th September 2007 09:30 PM
Olivia1962 ^ Isnt it were syllables of English words are spoken in a inverse order
26th September 2007 09:45 PM
BriansBabe Pig latin? No never heard this, please tell us?
Sophia and I written in German, this weird signs come from in German language used letters like ü ä ö ß and so on...
my name for example is Alex Müller, in England no one can spell the name because of the Ü,it used there like that: Mueller, which sounds completly different...that´s really funny...

Thank you Olivia!!!

And Sophia dear, I will write you tomorrow an email
And dear Brian I write you NO EMAIL as always, don´t mind

Till tomorrow, good night, Alex
27th September 2007 12:10 AM
GhostofBrianJones How would you pronounce your name correctly in German? Can you give me
an idea how that character might be pronounced? I have a German last name
from my previous marriage and my maiden name. Tonight I just downloaded
a 100 or so pictures of my relatives way back in the 1800 Germany to about
1966. Some of you ladies who are German my even recognize where these
pictures are since I have no idea on some of them. I think they are my
Grandfather's relatives over in Germany.

Anyway yes Pig Latin is something like you said. Like you take the first letter
of a name, put it at the end and add the "a" sound (as in the word day).
Like I would say I love Brian Jones, would be I ovela rianBay, onesJay. It is
just something I think kids made up many decades ago. My Mom taught it
to me when I was a child because kids think it is funny. It is almost as silly
as the Name Game song.

And now I will jump up and down on my bed and do a back flip out my
front window.
27th September 2007 10:42 AM
BriansBabe That is genuinly everything rather confusing and merrily… ähm, thus like one Mueller in English expresses is difficult to explain, you know? Because in the English the Ü as well as Ä, Ö and ß does not exist and cannot generally by the people therefore not be expressed. One cannot replace the Ü with other letters, it just sounds funny = LOL

By the way, in that case I know the wordplay already… I work as an educator in a kindergarten and the children often play that…and I love that job very much...
[Edited by BriansBabe]
27th September 2007 01:15 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Pig latin? No never heard this, please tell us?
Sophia and I written in German, this weird signs come from in German language used letters like ü ä ö ß and so on...
my name for example is Alex Müller, in England no one can spell the name because of the Ü,it used there like that: Mueller, which sounds completly different...that´s really funny...

Thank you Olivia!!!

And Sophia dear, I will write you tomorrow an email
And dear Brian I write you NO EMAIL as always, don´t mind

Till tomorrow, good night, Alex

thats what i am so proud of..our weird language..i am also proud of the swedish language..there is the same going on with such letters and weird expressing. sigh.

yes yes, looking forward to your mail!
and brian, dont hold is back again because of youre curious. no no.
27th September 2007 03:09 PM
GhostofBrianJones Speaking of languages, being able to speak more than one language is
a great benefit for the person who can do that. I would love to learn more
than my own language. What language would you say is the hardest to learn?

Thanks for all the great pictures.

LOVE TO S&K!!

Hi and Love to Sophia and Alex!!
27th September 2007 07:31 PM
Olivia1962 I took spanish 2 years ago in school witch was simple, There are many languages that are difficult. In the most common field i would say french is the hardest. My Mum speaks fluent Italian and it is very similar to spanish(same concepts).
27th September 2007 07:34 PM
BriansBabe I would say the hardest language to learn is maybe chinese and the next could be latin...and then german

And here a bit C Farm for you, Linda:

27th September 2007 08:05 PM
BriansBabe Sophia dear, you have an email ?!?

Don´t be jealous Brian, you will be always our best, beloved honey sweetheart here

Always yours, Alex
27th September 2007 11:46 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Speaking of languages, being able to speak more than one language is
a great benefit for the person who can do that. I would love to learn more
than my own language. What language would you say is the hardest to learn?

Thanks for all the great pictures.

LOVE TO S&K!!

Hi and Love to Sophia and Alex!!

i think it really depends whats your native language... and if you have a feeling for languages in general... if you dont then any language can be diffcult..
i speak german, english and i accidently am getting better and better in swedish...and i dont even learn it..haha!
people always say about me that i have a feeling for languages..that i feel them or something.. i dont know. maybe theyre right.
most of my closest and best friends are from sweden and/or are still living there...so i am in this beautiful country very often... plus i listen to alot of swedish music where the lyrics are swedish too.. so i understand 80% of what people are talking but myself i am a loser in talking/writing it myself. haha. but i think if i would learn it strictly from now on i would be able to speak it properly/perfect in about 1 year.

the language i think could be very hard is russian, chinese and japanese. i think. i badly wanna learn russian!!

love to you linda, steve and alex!!!
27th September 2007 11:47 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Sophia dear, you have an email ?!?

Don´t be jealous Brian, you will be always our best, beloved honey sweetheart here

Always yours, Alex

i got your mail, my dear.... thank you very much.. will answer later when i am back from work. (:
yay yay hooray!
27th September 2007 11:50 PM
GhostofBrianJones I have some extremely beautiful pictures of Cotchford Farm taken last summer
I believe by a friend of mine in the UK. They visited the owners and spent the
day with them, and they are my age. Anyway the lady took some gorgeous
pictures and there are about 20 of them, they look like pictures out of a
magazine. If either of you ladies would like me to send them to you please
email me at: [email protected] Steve I will send some to you, unless you
have enough already!!

Thanks for the response on the language question, many people say English
is the hardest because it does not follow any language rules, a person learning
it has to rely on memory more than other languages, that is what I heard.
28th September 2007 12:37 AM
guitarman53 Thanks for the beautiful pics of Brian's last home, I've got all kinds of Pics of Brian with the early Stones, only their in books & magazines, & hard to scan, I'd probably have to tear all the pages out of books, & I really don't want to do that, when the pages in books & some magazines are very tight to open, there's no way I can scan it.
28th September 2007 12:45 AM
Olivia1962
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
I have some extremely beautiful pictures of Cotchford Farm taken last summer
I believe by a friend of mine in the UK. They visited the owners and spent the
day with them, and they are my age. Anyway the lady took some gorgeous
pictures and there are about 20 of them, they look like pictures out of a
magazine. If either of you ladies would like me to send them to you please
email me at: [email protected] Steve I will send some to you, unless you
have enough already!!

Thanks for the response on the language question, many people say English
is the hardest because it does not follow any language rules, a person learning
it has to rely on memory more than other languages, that is what I heard.

Oh Linda would you mind? i would love to see them, i shall send you a e-mail.
[Edited by Olivia1962]
28th September 2007 03:38 AM
Mathijs
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
I would say the hardest language to learn is maybe chinese and the next could be latin...and then german

Just to note, both Latin and Chinese do not exist as a language. What we consider Chinese is actually Mandarin, a language spoken by about 40% of the country. Latin is, and never was, a spoken language. It's strictly used for writing. Latin can be learned quite easily as Latin grammer exists entirely of rules which can be memorized. Mandarin is hard to learn due to the character writing, but the language itself isn't that hard.

Scientists mostly consider Finnish and Icelandic the most difficult language to learn, as there are hardly any grammer rules. For people who speak Latin based languages like Italian and French, Dutch and German are quite hard to learn as well.

Mathijs
28th September 2007 10:18 AM
BriansBabe Hi Mathijs, very interesting thoughts!
I heard about that Mandarin thing too...
But that Latin is and was no spoken language is new to me.
Because in former times here in Germany the entire church services were held only in Latin. Every schoolboy was in those days an server and had to learn Latin...my Dad speaks
Latin today still very well...better then I speak English = LOL
Many greetings, Alex

[Edited by BriansBabe]
28th September 2007 11:30 AM
BriansBabe
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Thanks for the beautiful pics of Brian's last home, I've got all kinds of Pics of Brian with the early Stones, only their in books & magazines, & hard to scan, I'd probably have to tear all the pages out of books, & I really don't want to do that, when the pages in books & some magazines are very tight to open, there's no way I can scan it.

Your welcome! For heavens sake, try it again please
If it didn´t work to scan, you can maybe take a pic from the pages, you know?!? Do it for us, yes? We would be very pleased to see your beautiful pics here

BTW you´re fan since 1964? You´ve seen Brian? If so, please tell us, that would be very kindly...

1965, Circus Krone, Munich, Germany

I was there in 2003 and it was amazing, but 1965 must have been much better because of Brian. I would give anything to see him once in my life!!!!!!!

[Edited by BriansBabe]
28th September 2007 02:18 PM
stewed & Keefed
28th September 2007 02:19 PM
stewed & Keefed
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)