ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The humiliation begins Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
20th September 2006 04:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats not really working

who-miliationism.
20th September 2006 04:21 PM
Saint Sway HE'S BACK!
20th September 2006 04:26 PM
Martha
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Check out Dan's Boxscore thread.Dylan can only sell 43% of an 8000 seater with $43 tix and a supposedly great new album.....

This is due to many factors which I don't have time to get into other than to say this. The general public is musically ignorant (as are the reviewers of his shows in most towns he plays...woefully so in fact).

They don't get Bob.

At all.

It's a non-music world out there in the vanity stricken mainstream.

I cannot stand the sounds of it anymore.

Shuddering............
20th September 2006 04:26 PM
texile hows the who doing in sales?
i would hate them to surpass the stones....
but i fear thier infrequent trips on tour will generate more attention and curiousity.
why are the stones the only ones accused of being old farts..
20th September 2006 04:38 PM
Nasty Habits Tired of the humiliating lows of Stones fanhood?

Does the news of new songs being sung on the street corner by Blondie and Bobby give you "new hope" that the "old magic" might finally be "rekindled"?

Do plummeting ticket prices and fears of media ridicule make it difficult for you to LEAVE THE HOUSE, let alone PAY FOR THE PARKING LOT?

Well, Stones fans, there's a new product on the market to help you MELLOW OUT!

Yes, it's STONESZAC, that little yellow pill!

STONESZAC obliterates the soaring highs and crushing lows associated with being a Stones fan in the 21st Century, without ruining your enjoyment of Stones concerts themselves?

Shidoobee's reporting that they're actually making She's So Hot and She's So Cold into a If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off My Cloud style medley to be followed immediately by Let It Rock?

STONESZAC lets you keep your cool, hope for the best, but helps minimize your expectations!

jb gloating because he sees the stadium as half empty instead of half full? U2 Board mocking the Off-Off-Off-Stadium tour? Who fans using their Stones tickets as airguitar picks?

STONESZAC helps you remember that for two hours a night for the next couple months, if you pay your 22.50, you won't CARE what anyone else thinks.

Best of all, Stoneszac's patented "uninhibitizers" and "ear goggles" fill in the missing spaces in the modern Stones sound, so while you're at the show you will be able to use words like Brusselsesque, "rebirth of a guitar hero", and "vitality" with an unshakeable conviction that no amount of later audio evidence will be able to shatter (shidoobee!)

So get STONESZAC today - and give some to a friend!

FREE WITH PURCHASE OF TICKET TO FALL TOUR 2006. Available for a nominal fee on rollingstones.com. Side effects include uncontrollable screaming of the name KEITH, hideously embarassing Jagger impersonations and cravings for "Indian Girl". If you listen to the Rolling Stones for 12 hours straight, you are probably rocking. Do not use with Wholoft.
20th September 2006 04:42 PM
Saint Sway Nasty brought his A-game today.

lets hope the Stones are equally inspired tonite.
20th September 2006 04:51 PM
texile STONESZAC obliterates the soaring highs and crushing lows associated with being a Stones fan in the 21st Century, without ruining your enjoyment of Stones concerts themselves?

i should started taking that shit at 13 -
the stones have made me bipolar...
i'm proud, i'm ashamed - from day to day since 1979...
is is like this for journey fans?
20th September 2006 04:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:

is is like this for journey fans?

Pug?
20th September 2006 05:44 PM
lotsajizz humiliate this you petty envious ones....

SOUNDCHECK, heard from parking lot....

Paint It Black-

Under My Thumb twice

Monkey Man

Streets of Love

BITCH

fuck yeah!!!!

20th September 2006 05:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Pug?

as of Monday, I have been forced to Stop Beleiving in the White Sox.
20th September 2006 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

Not a fanatic, but has attended many concerts with me since 1975!!!!!!!!!!

I told her about the abysmal sales for tonight's show, she said, "Don't you think it's about time the stopped. They are only in it for the money now. Serves them right for charging so much for the same songs."

I had to hang my head and agree.

It's over.

LJ.

The intense competition with THE WHO might just fire the boys up this fall .

Developing ..................
20th September 2006 07:03 PM
texile
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

Not a fanatic, but has attended many concerts with me since 1975!!!!!!!!!!

I told her about the abysmal sales for tonight's show, she said, "Don't you think it's about time the stopped. They are only in it for the money now. Serves them right for charging so much for the same songs."

I had to hang my head and agree.

It's over.

LJ.

isn't it truly demoralizing though?
when someone confronts you with those points, you're left sitting there with the fact that you paid that much for the same songs and you're dumbstruck because you have nothing to counter with.
the stones make fools of us all and we follow like sheep....
but what else can we do?
i'm still looking forward to austin damnit!
same post-show gripes and all.
20th September 2006 07:07 PM
texile holy shit - i just realized i might have to actually listen to streets of love all the way through....
'sometimes i'm up, sometimes i'm down..sometimes im falling on the ground...'
the stones toy with my emotions constantly..
20th September 2006 07:22 PM
rollmops What's going on??? Why are so many on this board complaining about the stones? What happened? They are back in the usa playing, starting tonight, so everything sounds good to me. No? Why people are depressed ,sad or upset. Enjoy the rolling stones. Other bands are good, but the Stones are the best!!!
Rock and roll !
Mops
20th September 2006 08:40 PM
Martha This is an emergency...crisis of you will.

So I'll try to get Bob to call Keith and have a good talkin' with him.

Keith needs to take his band back get to the stripped down stages in small venues and play ALL those tunes like he LOVES to play them. Do it GA at $50 tix....and tell me how long could they do this and sell out houses do ya' think?

Nasty.....I'm in love with your postin' today.

Soon ;-)

Martha
20th September 2006 08:42 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

A-fucking-men!

So tell me pug, Ozzie getting on your nerves yet?
20th September 2006 09:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

A-fucking-men!

So tell me pug, Ozzie getting on your nerves yet?

NOPE....HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB....URIBE, PODSEDNICK, MACKOWIAK (DEFENSE) NOT PULLING THEIR WEIGHT (EITHER IS THE STARTING PITCHING SANS GARLAND)
20th September 2006 10:02 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Get new friends....this incessant whining about some unsold seats gets old...Its over when Charlie says its over!..On with the show........

i love u more and i don't even know you...
20th September 2006 10:22 PM
voodoopug WELCOME TO ROCKS OFF! PLEASE PASS TONITES SETLIST ON TO YOUR FRIENDS AND CO WORKERS....WE NEED TO SELL MORE TICKETS.
20th September 2006 11:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

At least you had a ride for a while...The Royals left me at the busstop
21st September 2006 12:39 AM
Poison Dart People, I was there. It was close to 100% sold out.
21st September 2006 08:55 PM
TomL Chicago JB. Meg has the right frame of mind. Easy you Buffalo fucker. I'm going to as many as possible and loving it. may be the LAST TIME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)