ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The humiliation begins Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
20th September 2006 02:29 PM
Riffhard Think nothing of it Gary. By the way the hosts from a specialty show at my station interviewed Mac yesterday. He started by slamming Rod Stweart for his "phonyism",and his "lies",about a Faces reunion. Apparently he has been waiting for years and Rod keeps mentioning it,but never really intends on acting on it. He then went on to say that this is most likely the last "true" Stones' tour. When this round of touring06/07 is over it's over. Those are Mac's exact words from yesterday.

Riffy
20th September 2006 02:29 PM
texile
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

Not a fanatic, but has attended many concerts with me since 1975!!!!!!!!!!

I told her about the abysmal sales for tonight's show, she said, "Don't you think it's about time the stopped. They are only in it for the money now. Serves them right for charging so much for the same songs."

I had to hang my head and agree.

It's over.

LJ.

knowing people tell me that all the time -
well, keep your head, if only for the masses...
in private, and among REAL friends, you can admit defeat.
20th September 2006 02:30 PM
F505
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK my question to the whiners and "generally depressed" Stones fanatics is: How many of you are gonna be here with LJ and I tonight watching the setlist and checking out live reporting from Nellcote? (Gazza and our Euro pals can be excused due to their late hour).....

Glad I am excused but otherwise I wouldn't have watched.
Too predictable.
20th September 2006 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK my question to the whiners and "generally depressed" Stones fanatics is: How many of you are gonna be here with LJ and I tonight watching the setlist and checking out live reporting from Nellcote? (Gazza and our Euro pals can be excused due to their late hour).....

i will be reporting for Shidoobee. I only hope that things work out. I am already depressed about the claim of "nearly sold out" when radio stations had to offer Patriots tickets just to get people to pick these things up!

In all honesty, I have overworked myself these past few months and am feeling the strain. A depressing setlist could lead to me moping around the house. That is not healthy for my family as they feel my pain when I am down. My two year old son was watching "Four Flicks" with me the other day. I was watching the show where they opened with "JJF" and once it was done, he said "I Like It"......meaning he obviously thought this was a video from the current tour, and just like nearly every other show, was beginning a predictable setlist.

I had to sit him down and tenderly break the news to him that this was a different tour and that there were rumours of the band "mixing up the setlist". He began to cry...it was at this point I realized that the end was near.

Thankfully, the pugs cheered him up!
20th September 2006 02:34 PM
jb Try herbal enemas to reduce your stress..........
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i will be reporting for Shidoobee. I only hope that things work out. I am already depressed about the claim of "nearly sold out" when radio stations had to offer Patriots tickets just to get people to pick these things up!

In all honesty, I have overworked myself these past few months and am feeling the strain. A depressing setlist could lead to me moping around the house. That is not healthy for my family as they feel my pain when I am down. My two year old son was watching "Four Flicks" with me the other day. I was watching the show where they opened with "JJF" and once it was done, he said "I Like It"......meaning he obviously thought this was a video from the current tour, and just like nearly every other show, was beginning a predictable setlist.

I had to sit him down and tenderly break the news to him that this was a different tour and that there were rumours of the band "mixing up the setlist". He began to cry...it was at this point I realized that the end was near.

You drive too much.
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Most
Valuable
Postin
20th September 2006 02:36 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

Not a fanatic, but has attended many concerts with me since 1975!!!!!!!!!!

I told her about the abysmal sales for tonight's show, she said, "Don't you think it's about time the stopped. They are only in it for the money now. Serves them right for charging so much for the same songs."

I had to hang my head and agree.

It's over.

LJ.

your friend should be abandoned and you should hand in your fanatic fan membership card NOW!!!!!!!
20th September 2006 02:36 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
jb wrote:

Very boring and futile.........live your life and don't worry about the 2-4 "new" songs...it ain't all that exciting.

NO SUMMITTS THIS TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I hope I at least get to say hello to you at the Downs!!????
20th September 2006 02:37 PM
LadyJane
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i will be reporting for Shidoobee.

AHEM...and ADDA prevents you for reporting for RO as well.

No problem, I have volunteered to shadow you.

The humiliation is getting to you.

LJ.
20th September 2006 02:38 PM
F505 When will the humiliation ends?
20th September 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy Prediction: After tonight there will be no more humiliation talk, it will be Redemption!!
20th September 2006 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Well, I hope I at least get to say hello to you at the Downs!!????

off course...I will greet all at the Brown Hotel. I also shall do the Loisville Slugger tour. I bet they play "Dead Flowers".
Riffhard
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Prediction: After tonight there will be no more humiliation talk, it will be Redemption!!

From your lips to Chuck's ears.

Riffy
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Prediction: After tonight there will be no more humiliation talk, it will be Redemption!!

Atlanta got humilified!!!
20th September 2006 02:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

we will rue the day??
20th September 2006 02:42 PM
Some Guy Rue on baby!
20th September 2006 02:43 PM
Saint Sway SOL was rehearsed last night
20th September 2006 02:43 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Atlanta got humilified!!!

Once the Braves have no shot. We may get a little sumpin sumpin.
20th September 2006 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

AHEM...and ADDA prevents you for reporting for RO as well.

No problem, I have volunteered to shadow you.

The humiliation is getting to you.

LJ.

No one from RO has asked me to report. I don't search out the jobs, they search out me! I was asked at the Shidoobee Gathering in Wildwood to post the opening night setlist and I agreed to do so. We enjoyed the weekend very much and it is our way of "giving back" Please credit me and poster "DaStones" when shadowing.

Also, I will be spending the evening with my wife and kids watching the season premiere of "CSI New York" and will be unwilling to devote time to more than one board.
20th September 2006 02:44 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
SOL was rehearsed last night

Dudes are old.
20th September 2006 02:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

No one from RO has asked me to report. I don't search out the jobs, they search out me! I was asked at the Shidoobee Gathering in Wildwood to post the opening night setlist and I agreed to do so. We enjoyed the weekend very much and it is our way of "giving back" Please credit me and poster "DaStones" when shadowing.

Also, I will be spending the evening with my wife and kids watching the season premiere of "CSI New York" and will be unwilling to devote time to more than one board.

salute.
20th September 2006 02:46 PM
telecaster It isn't over LJ

However, starting this tour in Boston was a shockingly terrible business decision
20th September 2006 02:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

You drive too much.

The recent project that involved a two hour commute three days per week has been completed (successfully). I will now limit my travelling to 2-4 days per month. I have been taking on a demanding schedule and need to catch my breath a bit.
20th September 2006 02:47 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

salute.

Why do you need acknowlegment? Why can't you just fucking do it!!! What time does kayne go on?
[Edited by jb]
20th September 2006 02:52 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Why do you need acknowlegment? Why can't you just fucking do it!!! What time does kayne go on?
[Edited by jb]

Sup, G?
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
I also shall do the Loisville Slugger tour.

Ahem...

Have you made your reservations to Chicago yet?

There's a Louisville Slugger collection that you can tour in my garage. I'm willing to convert it into a mini-museum for you at the drop of a dime, pal
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Why do you need acknowlegment? Why can't you just fucking do it!!!

may I suggest a "mud bath" and a straight razor shave (complete with heated shaving cream from a real Barber, not Tiki) to ease your stress. This is a rough day for you and we are here for you.
20th September 2006 02:53 PM
Some Guy Will Pug post Kanyes setlist?
20th September 2006 02:54 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Ahem...

Have you made your reservations to Chicago yet?

There's a Louisville Slugger collection that you can tour in my garage. I'm willing to convert it into a mini-museum for you at the drop of a dime, pal

We are all Halifaxans today!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)