ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The humiliation begins Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
20th September 2006 02:05 PM
LadyJane Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

Not a fanatic, but has attended many concerts with me since 1975!!!!!!!!!!

I told her about the abysmal sales for tonight's show, she said, "Don't you think it's about time the stopped. They are only in it for the money now. Serves them right for charging so much for the same songs."

I had to hang my head and agree.

It's over.

LJ.
20th September 2006 02:08 PM
Some Guy humiliationism.
20th September 2006 02:09 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

I told her about the abysmal sales for tonight's show, she said, "Don't you think it's about time the stopped. They are only in it for the money now. Serves them right for charging so much for the same songs."

It's over.

LJ.

I'm so sorry to hear, but let's wait for tonight and see what happens....
20th September 2006 02:10 PM
F505 Glad you have come to senses!
20th September 2006 02:10 PM
Green Tea WEEI in Boston and the Boston Herald are saying the show is within about 2k tickets of being a sellout.

Not bad for a stadium when you consider this is the 6th time in New England in a year. (5 Boston,1 Hartford)
20th September 2006 02:11 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Just returned from lunch with one of my oldest and dearest girlfriends.

Loves the Stones.

It's over.

LJ.

Get new friends....this incessant whining about some unsold seats gets old...Its over when Charlie says its over!..On with the show........
20th September 2006 02:12 PM
Some Guy I predict they open with Emotional Rescue, blow the crowd away.
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Get new friends....this incessant whining about some unsold seats gets old...Its over when Charlie says its over!..On with the show........

I love you....
Saint Sway Who-miliation!
20th September 2006 02:13 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Who-miliation!

Hopefully, The Who shows will light a fire under their asses!
jb It could be worse my dear LJ, they could be playing Buffalo!!!! (see 30k humiliationalism in 97-you guys started the trend!!!).................................Buffalo=Loserville!!!!
[Edited by jb]
F505
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

When was the last time Charlie said something?
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Who-miliation!

It's got cachet, I'll give ya that.
20th September 2006 02:15 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I predict they open with Emotional Rescue

In that case the last people in the stadium will run away.
20th September 2006 02:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
WEEI in Boston and the Boston Herald are saying the show is within about 2k tickets of being a sellout.

Not bad for a stadium when you consider this is the 6th time in New England in a year. (5 Boston,1 Hartford)

This is bad, Boston was always a quick selling ticket for years and used to be a "Stones Town". Sadly, Boston is now Bon Jovi turf. Anyone who is satisfied with these numbers have lowered their expectations.

We have tried to tell everyone for a while now that the end was near. Many have not accepted this and will have a very difficult time adjusting to a "Stones Tour Free World" as some base their lives around Stones tours.

The crash is coming with a resounding thud. I only hope the suicide rate is low/non existant as this will hurt!
20th September 2006 02:17 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
F505 wrote:

When was the last time Charlie said something?

Even better then....no way he'll quit.....the Stones roll on!
Some Guy I hope this thread title is not the one we use for tonights first show set list.
Gazza yes - the entire audience will walk out en masse

Both of them
[Edited by Gazza]
20th September 2006 02:19 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
It could be worse my dear LJ, they could be playing Buffalo!!!! (see 30k humiliationalism in 97-you guys started the trend!!!).................................Buffalo=Loserville!!!!

Howe about those Dolphins???!!!!!

hehehe

LJ.
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes - the entire audience will walk out en masse

Both of them
[Edited by Gazza]

Funny posting Gazza....Incredibly, if reports are correct, 42k have "sold"....
Gazza
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
WEEI in Boston and the Boston Herald are saying the show is within about 2k tickets of being a sellout.

yeah but its not really a 'sell out' when youre either giving away or slashing 75% off the prices of thousands of tickets!
Riffhard I'm begining to feel like the last person in line for a game of telephone! We are the last of the holdouts! Well as I have quoted Peter Tosh before I do so now again-You don't miss the water till the well runs dry.

Riffy
20th September 2006 02:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
It could be worse my dear LJ, they could be playing Buffalo!!!! (see 30k humiliationalism in 97-you guys started the trend!!!).................................Buffalo=Loserville!!!!
[Edited by jb]

nah..Indianapolis '94. they havent been back there since either
20th September 2006 02:21 PM
gimmekeef Check out Dan's Boxscore thread.Dylan can only sell 43% of an 8000 seater with $43 tix and a supposedly great new album.....
20th September 2006 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Howe about those Dolphins???!!!!!

hehehe

LJ.

I knew that was coming-and well deserved!!!!
20th September 2006 02:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I'm begining to feel like the last person in line for a game of telephone! We are the last of the holdouts! Well as I have quoted Peter Tosh before I do so now again-You don't miss the water till the well runs dry.

Riffy

I believe this is whats called "Gallows humour", Riffy

PS - I appreciated the keyring which Bitch gave me in London from you. Never got the chance to say thanks properly.
20th September 2006 02:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK my question to the whiners and "generally depressed" Stones fanatics is: How many of you are gonna be here with LJ and I tonight watching the setlist and checking out live reporting from Nellcote? (Gazza and our Euro pals can be excused due to their late hour).....
20th September 2006 02:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK my question to the whiners and "generally depressed" Stones fanatics is: How many of you are gonna be here with LJ and I tonight watching the setlist and checking out live reporting from Nellcote? (Gazza and our Euro pals can be excused due to their late hour).....

I'm all in!
20th September 2006 02:28 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

No...this isn't one of my gleeful anti-Stones associates.

Childhood friend. Saw the Stones in 1975!!!!!

I just burned 12 x 5 for her cause she lost her copy.

This is a fan!!

Her suggestion....scale it down, concentrate on the Blues and play small venues.

Final words "I know you like to go to see your friends P. And they make you happy. But the Stones have gone too far. I hope they learn a lesson."

LJ.

20th September 2006 02:28 PM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
OK my question to the whiners and "generally depressed" Stones fanatics is: How many of you are gonna be here with LJ and I tonight watching the setlist and checking out live reporting from Nellcote? (Gazza and our Euro pals can be excused due to their late hour).....

Very boring and futile.........live your life and don't worry about the 2-4 "new" songs...it ain't all that exciting.

NO SUMMITTS THIS TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)