ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 14th, 2005 11:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Throbby what a great bunch of pix!! You frigging rule
September 14th, 2005 11:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
pdog wrote:
Throbby, were the pics of me at the show. Shit I was almost on that stage...

See... we're not so bad looking when you're not around!

LOL great pic, you all look maniac here, great shot of great people

BTW, nice nails Sir
September 15th, 2005 12:04 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Pdog I hate to correct you,but the proper title is "The world reknown Stonsian internet legend,the man who launched the carreer of many posters (Joey comes to mind),he of the "It's Friday Night" legendary posts,The only cat in town with a motorized Lotus Couch,and lifelike anotomicaly correct Billy Preston Action figure,the man who has had more material stolen from the likes of much lesser posters(see-Joey)than any poster on any site,and all around good guy,The one and only Max-fucking-Lugar Internet SuperStar!

Hope that helps.

Riffhard

saying Maxlugar is just the short version of all that...
September 15th, 2005 12:07 AM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Spot the Republican!

Neo Macky
Neo Doggy
Neo Pelon'
Neo York!

If everything I've ever done in my life, good and bad led me to MSG last night, then I can never say I have regrets!
None!
It was pretty good, but leaves me wanting more!
September 15th, 2005 02:16 AM
corgi37 2 questions.

I there an inflateable tongue for the arena shows?

And, are they still using the inflateable one for the stadium shows? cause, really, its pretty lame.
September 15th, 2005 03:22 AM
glencar 1) No.
2) Yes.
September 15th, 2005 08:12 AM
Gazza fantastic photos again, Throbby....well done

what's with SS's fingernails!!
September 15th, 2005 08:30 AM
throbby Voodoo! Gazza! Thank you. Hoping to take some more in about 12 hours. There may be rain drops on the lens this time though.
September 15th, 2005 08:43 AM
throbby >So, was "Get Up Stand Up" as good as it is in my head when I imagine the Stones doing it? Because it's pretty damn good in there.

To me it had a great feel. I've seen them do it twice now. The MSG version was tighter and harder than Hartford. Mick really seemed to be enjoying it, working the crowd quite well at the end.
September 15th, 2005 08:58 AM
Maxlugar [quote]throbby wrote:
To me it had a great feel. I've seen them do it twice now. The MSG version was tighter and harder than Hartford. Mick really seemed to be enjoying it, working the crowd quite well at the end.

Hey Throbby! Thanks! (if you know what I mean.)

Get Up Stand Up was ruinned for me when I saw Blondie handling most of the rythm. Why is the man even on tour never mind laying down a major guitar part of a song? A song that had Mick, Keith and Ronnie already playing guitar, mind you. It sounded great but... F'ing Blondie... I don't know...
September 15th, 2005 09:07 AM
telecaster
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]throbby wrote:

Hey Throbby! Thanks! (if you know what I mean.)

Get Up Stand Up was ruinned for me when I saw Blondie handling most of the rythm. Why is the man even on tour never mind laying down a major guitar part of a song? A song that had Mick, Keith and Ronnie already playing guitar, mind you. It sounded great but... F'ing Blondie... I don't know...

Maxy, I met and talked with Blondie a week ago tonight in the hotel bar after the Milwaukee show

Possibly the dumbest person I have met in my life

Or the most stoned
September 15th, 2005 09:08 AM
Nellcote I recall Blondie playing some type of Bo Diddley box gitar in Hahtfud. I would roll dice that Blondie is around to aide the band in several different capacities which is acceptable to all in the band...
September 15th, 2005 09:16 AM
LadyJane
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Or the most stoned

He was a fixture at the Four Seasons Bar in Boston.

I don't think he changed clothes for two days.

We chatted and got a photo...he was WASTED.

I'm with Nelly...his duties are diverse.

LJ.
September 15th, 2005 09:22 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I recall Blondie playing some type of Bo Diddley box gitar in Hahtfud. I would roll dice that Blondie is around to aide the band in several different capacities which is acceptable to all in the band...

He's Keith's designated roller...he was the bomber man in the Beach Boys back in the 70's too
September 15th, 2005 09:44 AM
throbby >Hey Throbby! Thanks! (if you know what I mean.)

You're welcome my friend.

>Get Up Stand Up was ruinned for me when I saw Blondie handling most of the rythm. Why is the man even on tour never mind laying down a major guitar part of a song? A song that had Mick, Keith and Ronnie already playing guitar, mind you. It sounded great but... F'ing Blondie... I don't know...

Count your blessings Max, at least he wasn't standing eight feet in front of you.

A very reliable source told me what his primary function is.
September 15th, 2005 09:56 AM
Moonisup Blondie is also keith's new drinking, smoking weed buddy (that's why he looks wasted, even when he's sober!!) since Ronnie is 'clean'. That's why he is still around, and he does some guitar on stage.
September 15th, 2005 10:54 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
pdog wrote:

Neo Macky
Neo Doggy
Neo Pelon'
Neo York!

If everything I've ever done in my life, good and bad led me to MSG last night, then I can never say I have regrets!
None!
It was pretty good, but leaves me wanting more!

It's great to see that all had the greatest time possible.

That night had several of us here lamenting the fact we couldn't get there this time around. Thankfully Jan. 06 offers the opportunity to rectify. In the mean time, it's Hershey, SF, and H-Town.

Rick
September 15th, 2005 11:52 AM
nankerphelge Riffy you just KNOW I want to catch one wif ya at Giant's!!

Damn this job!

Damn it to hell!
September 15th, 2005 12:13 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT great show for my 1st MSG show... how can i miss then in january there. Shattered would have brought the house down but what are ya gonna dO
September 15th, 2005 01:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gazza...

That's my war paint.

Only for special events.

Stones @ MSG qualifies.
September 15th, 2005 03:25 PM
chevysales
quote:
throbby wrote:
>So, was "Get Up Stand Up" as good as it is in my head when I imagine the Stones doing it? Because it's pretty damn good in there.

i disagree in part as imo mick had the crowd whipped into a frenzy for it whereas msg seemed to be a more ragged version with less audience participation.

just my opinion.
September 15th, 2005 03:26 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I recall Blondie playing some type of Bo Diddley box gitar in Hahtfud. I would roll dice that Blondie is around to aide the band in several different capacities which is acceptable to all in the band...

yea he had that on a few songs at msg also.

anyone notice keith picking up a joint someone tossed him on stage and putting it in his coat top pocket giving the fan a nod and a smile? it was center stage.
[Edited by chevysales]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)