ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
September 13th, 2005 11:47 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Yeah. He's a guy. A rather annoying guy at that! It will be interesting to read his review. My bet is that there will be at least three mentions of the guitar prowess of Mark Ford,and Rich Robinson. The Stones/Crowes comparrisons will,most likely,make up the majority of his reveiw,or at least warrant some mention as a parting shot!

LOL, and don't forget some Keith-bashing in general (although I agree a lot of the times), and the question in some form when the Stones ever gave the band to Mick. Oh yeah, and reactions to the 'Rehab' intro of Ronnie if he picked that up tonight .

[Edited by Angiegirl]
September 13th, 2005 11:56 PM
charlotte ...BS#22 in all...setlist

[Edited by charlotte]
September 13th, 2005 11:56 PM
nankerphelge Not so bad -- a little mix up of the order -- some great tunes for our NYC bredren!

I'm sure everyone is ready to hit Walter's and re-hydrate after a great show!

Can't wait to hear the reviews!!

September 13th, 2005 11:57 PM
Angiegirl Wow, 22 songs!!

They must be exhausted!

September 13th, 2005 11:59 PM
Riffhard Yes indeed. All in all a very good show indeed. Just when I thought they were mailing it in they upped the ante with Pain It Black,and then added another song to the setlist.

Riffhard
September 14th, 2005 12:01 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

I'm sure everyone is ready to hit Walter's and re-hydrate after a great show

Hopefully they all will do a better job than you and I did after MSG 3 years ago. Wasting an hour or more wandering around in the rain looking for the post gig watering hole was not time well spent. Boy was I thristy.

Rick

September 14th, 2005 12:04 AM
nankerphelge HA! Yeah we were lost!!
Mustang's wasn't it?

We won't make that mistake in January!
It'll be snow!
September 14th, 2005 12:08 AM
LadyJane Imagine being those maniac RO'ers right now....streaming out of the Garden with NYC ahead of them....and Stones echoing in their heads...people wonder WHY we scrounge to travel around and do this?????????

Cause it's fun!!!!!!

LJ.

September 14th, 2005 12:10 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
HA! Yeah we were lost!!
Mustang's wasn't it?

It'll be snow!

Mustangs it was. I remember the very cold Heineken drafts going down as fast we could get them. That, and me so wired from the show I couldn't shut up. A Stones natural high that soooo many never get to experience.

Let it snow!

Rick

September 14th, 2005 12:14 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
HA! Yeah we were lost!!
Mustang's wasn't it?

It'll be snow!

Ah yes, we had a preparty in Mustang's in '98 from the Stones World people I believe. AND it snowed as well, quite heavily, it was freezing cold. I remember getting cab to my hotel after the post-party, and the Pakistani driver was all excited that I came from Holland on my own just to see the Stones in NYC, so he turned the heater up for me .

Customs at JFK were quite excited about that reason for visiting the USA too by the way, they picked me out of the check-in line to search my suitcase thoroughly on arrival as well as departure...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
September 14th, 2005 12:34 AM
nankerphelge Okay folks -- it's been fun postin' wif yas all!
Talk to ya tomorrow!
September 14th, 2005 01:03 AM
mac_daddy bitchin' setlist!
September 14th, 2005 01:21 AM
erikjjf Photos...

http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=rolling+stones+madison+square+garden&c=news_photos
[Edited by erikjjf]
September 14th, 2005 02:50 AM
throbby Oh Yeah!

September 14th, 2005 02:57 AM
Poplar
damn!
September 14th, 2005 03:06 AM
throbby
September 14th, 2005 03:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

She's so cold

September 14th, 2005 03:34 AM
DAVINO Awesome! I can't wait for Thursday! I saw all 3 Garden shows in '98 and one in '03 and also Giants '03, this looks so great!
September 14th, 2005 03:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

September 14th, 2005 03:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

All photos in this and the previous two messages from Yahoo news by Reuters / Chip East
September 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
throbby
September 14th, 2005 04:25 AM
Flairville some of those bastards on the front rows look like they're at a funeral!
September 14th, 2005 04:43 AM
charlotte Outstanding Throbby...Outstanding!!!! Thanks!!
September 14th, 2005 05:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Gary, if you're not gonna start refreshing Shidoobee every 2 minutes, you've no business starting the Honorary Setlist Thread .

Voodoo was on setlist detail - I was in bed.

That first post was for quick-reference so anyone can see the final or updated setlist without trawling through 4 pages of posts

Good that New York got a longer show (why cant everyone?)... but I'm amazed they didnt add any premieres or surprises as they usually do there. If they arent going to do that in NY, it doesnt bode well for them changing things around for the rest of the tour.
September 14th, 2005 05:05 AM
Moonisup wow keith looks really scary in of those pics!!
Thanks for the pics again Throbby
September 14th, 2005 06:40 AM
luxury1 Damn that was fun!! MIstake -ridden set (hey--its the Stones), but they were happy and energetic--we got some "new" songs--we were in Sec 63--first level up off to the side. Same level as the stage. I was never in that section before, and it was so great--new perspective. Closer to the band members than being in row 1 out front. Lisa, Bernard and Blondie were right near us, and danced/sang to our section--Mick and Keith came over often, and I could count the sparse happy trail hairs on Mick. I forgot to look at his face..............
I had to wake up after 3 hours to get my kids to school--I am dizzy and nauseuos from no sleep (it has NOTHING to do with the preshow/during show/after show partying.....) I hope the others chime in. I cant give a review. We had a blast.
September 14th, 2005 09:04 AM
Jumping Jack The pic of Mick & confetti is one of the best I've ever seen. Excellent work!!!
September 14th, 2005 09:08 AM
Gazza yes indeed..those pics were superb..well done Throbby & Luxy
September 14th, 2005 10:19 AM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
Oh Yeah!

Do you mean to tell me that LUXURY was THIS CLOSE TO MICK???

Excuse me

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

GREAT!!!!!

LJ.
September 14th, 2005 10:38 AM
throbby Luxury insisted I put this one up, something about a happy trail. It's a little blurry. Hard to focus on someone who moves so quick.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)