ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rentschler Field, East Hartford 26th August - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
August 27th, 2005 10:49 AM
corgi37 Lovely thread. I take particular interest in the arena shows, cause if they come here, thats what we are getting.

Good to hear there is onstage seating for arena too, but by God, gimme the front rows any day.
August 27th, 2005 10:54 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Lovely thread. I take particular interest in the arena shows, cause if they come here, thats what we are getting.

Good to hear there is onstage seating for arena too, but by God, gimme the front rows any day.

corgi - the hartford show was at a football stadium, capacity of 40k. thus, this was a "stadium" show, not an "arena" one...
August 27th, 2005 11:02 AM
corgi37 i truly am a fuckwit.
August 27th, 2005 11:05 AM
throbby
August 27th, 2005 11:33 AM
nankerphelge Bravo to the RO recon crew!

Very nice changes to the setlist and outstanding pix (once again) from throbby and luxy. Glad to see no one fell from the stage seating...ahem!!

August 27th, 2005 11:49 AM
throbby
August 27th, 2005 12:15 PM
Madafaka Thank you very much Charlotte, Glencar, Throbby and Luxury!
You rule guys!
August 27th, 2005 01:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Throbby!!! You frigging rock

Thanks again
August 27th, 2005 02:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Voodoo--I will let throbby tell you about the sound up there, --my right eardrum was "plugged" for about an hour after the show. Not the best..I believe the sound was from the huge column speakers on each side of the stage, and not from the monitors.

Thanks sweetheart

I'm disappointed about the on-stage concept then. No Stones near to you, you can't dance with Lisa or Mick, you can't shake hands with them, you don't hear the sound coming from the musicians speakers but instead from the PA sound at a tremendous sound level

Howevere, I'm sure it is cool to see the audience reactions from the stage
August 27th, 2005 02:55 PM
luxury1 Yes, Voodoo, you are right in assuming it isnt "spectacular"--certainly a fun experience, but I wouldnt be in a panic to buy those "seats" again. And the only way I could really see the band--unless Mick was right out front of the stage, was to hold onto the railing and lean way over. That is why the people dont look so into it up there--if you want to watch the band, you must lean way over, thus not alot of space for dancing/clapping. You do get a great view of the audience and all that--but it was difficult to decipher the words the band was speaking in between songs--very muffled and loud!!
August 27th, 2005 02:57 PM
luxury1 Oh, and Mick seems rather pissed at Keith. No laughing/touching between those two last night. Mick played with Ronnie, but barely looked at Keith. Do you think he didnt like the "small cock" comment??
August 27th, 2005 03:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Probably yes, luxy, you know sometimes the truth hearts baby
August 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
lotsajizz or perhaps the painful truth that Keith has been outplayed by Woodie for quite some time...why should Mick pay attention to a cranky old drunk who slags him off and then can't play the chops justifying the slagging?
August 27th, 2005 04:24 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
or perhaps the painful truth that Keith has been outplayed by Woodie for quite some time...why should Mick pay attention to a cranky old drunk who slags him off and then can't play the chops justifying the slagging?

They were getting along so well. Why did Keith need to fuck it up?
August 27th, 2005 04:36 PM
T&A Keith outplayed by Woody? come again? Woody can't outplay the old lady next door these days....
August 27th, 2005 04:43 PM
throbby

August 27th, 2005 04:53 PM
LadyJane My thanks to glencar and charlotte for the setlist.

Throbby..outstanding pics once again.

Please have the lovely Luxury check her email.

LJ.
August 27th, 2005 06:06 PM
Some Guy Wow!
August 27th, 2005 06:13 PM
Moonisup thanks for the pictures en Glencar en Charlotte for doing the setlist!
August 27th, 2005 06:33 PM
stoneman What kind of camara did you use? Flash on or off?
August 27th, 2005 06:41 PM
texile
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
or perhaps the painful truth that Keith has been outplayed by Woodie for quite some time...why should Mick pay attention to a cranky old drunk who slags him off and then can't play the chops justifying the slagging?

yup! although i can't see ronnie outplaying anybody ....
gee - you think mick took it seriously? lol.....
seriously - this is so stupid and funny as shit- but do you guys really think a rift came out of it?

i guess they won't be doing little red rooster anytime soon.....
August 27th, 2005 06:47 PM
T&A
quote:
texile wrote:

i guess they won't be doing little red rooster anytime soon.....

LOL!
August 27th, 2005 06:59 PM
texile i'm serious - jagger must be feeling so emasculated these days......any testorone-heavy songs might have comic connotations.
what the lyric in that new song? 'i used to be you're little rooster...'
his dick analogies will now ring false....
August 27th, 2005 08:29 PM
throbby
August 27th, 2005 08:36 PM
throbby stoneman wrote:
What kind of camara did you use? Flash on or off?

I used a Fuji FinePix F10. Natural light mode, no flash, 6M(f) setting. Must hold very still to get a focused picture. Quite hard to do at a Stones show. A lot of blurry photos last night.
August 27th, 2005 08:55 PM
throbby give it all you got...

I want a smooth ride...

[Edited by throbby]
August 27th, 2005 09:24 PM
throbby
August 27th, 2005 09:42 PM
Gazza photos by Mark Mirko, Ctnow.com/Hartford Courant

August 27th, 2005 09:44 PM
Shidoobee Review of show from "The Hartford Courant", including a short photo gallery if you click on the picture of Keith:
http://www.courant.com/hce-stonesrev.artaug27,0,3202031.story
August 27th, 2005 09:59 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Oh, and Mick seems rather pissed at Keith. No laughing/touching between those two last night. Mick played with Ronnie, but barely looked at Keith. Do you think he didnt like the "small cock" comment??

Luxy, I think I saw you on the right side of the stage & your twin on the left side. Or was it vice versa by the looks of the awesome pix? BTW During band intros, Keith & Mick kind if grabbed/shook hands & looked like old friends. I didn't see any evidence that they were pissed off at each other but who knows? If someone makes cracks about a guy's cocksize, would he really get that angry or treat it like the goof it is?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)