ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rentschler Field, East Hartford 26th August - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
August 26th, 2005 11:30 PM
telecaster
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Cool thanks tele! How do I go about getting a password? I don't see a plce to sign up. Am I missing it?

Riffhard

Riffy, just hit the tounge/Stones logo and request a password via email. He will reply pretty quick

Great video
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I'm going to be on pins and needles in Hershey waiting to see which cover song I get...although either one will do!

Of course they also rehearsed that Sly song too...

I forgot about that one!

Do you think as I do that it seems they'll rotate a "tribute" song in that slot throughout the tour?
charlotte YCAGWYW
August 26th, 2005 11:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Nice way to end it.....

Very nice.

Great show.....

One more??? Please.

LJ.

Two surely. They played YCAGWYW and IORR as the encores in Boston, and theyve played a song less tonight so far, so I'd imagine they'll play both of these
August 26th, 2005 11:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sir Michael Jagger- the ultimate business man!! Let's just hope we get clips of 2 new song or better yet two new videos on RS.com
August 26th, 2005 11:33 PM
Gazza Right..I'm off to my pit...Night all

Thanks again to Charlotte and Glencar for a great job.
August 26th, 2005 11:35 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Do you think as I do that it seems they'll rotate a "tribute" song in that slot throughout the tour?

Yeah, I thought exactly the same thing when I heard they showed a picture of Ray in Boston. If so, it's another fairy cool feature of this tour.

Sly's not dead, though!

I'd REALLY like to hear them do Thank You (fa lettin me yadda yadda yadda agin)!!!

Hey...I'm starting to think maybe the tour's NOT a bust after all!
August 26th, 2005 11:36 PM
Riffhard Night Gary! Yes thank you charlotte,and ofcourse,blue! Great by you both! Hey thanks tele. I'm e-mailing that guy now. Shattered looked cool,but I could not access the others.

Riffhard
August 26th, 2005 11:38 PM
charlotte encore
YCAGWYW
IORR

1- Start Me Up
2- You Got Me Rocking
3- She's So Cold
4- Tumbling Dice
5- Rough Justive
6- Ruby Tuesday
7- Beast of Burden
8- All Down the Line
9- Get Up Stand Up
**intro**
10-Infamy
11-The Worst
12-Miss You b stage
13- Oh No Not You Again b stage
14- Satisfaction b stage
15- Honky Tonk Women b stage
16- Out of Control
17- Sympathy For the Devil
18- Jumping Jack Flash
19- Brown Sugar
encore
20- YCAGWYW
21- IORR

[Edited by charlotte]
August 26th, 2005 11:39 PM
LadyJane YGAGWYW is one of my favorite songs...THIS version (in 2005) is what started my tears flowing at Fenway. I couldn't help it...when a song grabs your soul...I dunno.

Get your tickets....you've all got to see them live. Trust me. It's different this time. It is.

This has been so enjoyable. Happy to be in cybercompany wif y'all.

LJ.

Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Sly's not dead, though!

I guess it could be a tribute to his carreer. Lord knows that as dead as a doornail!

Riffhard
Soldatti Thanks to all, good night.
August 27th, 2005 12:12 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I guess it could be a tribute to his carreer. Lord knows that as dead as a doornail!

Riffhard

I wonder if they'll pull out Superfreak!
August 27th, 2005 12:34 AM
Gimme Shelter Start Me Up
You Got Me Rockin'
She's So Cold
Tumblin' Dice
Rough Justice
Ruby Tuesday
Beast of Burden
All Down the Line
Get Up Stand Up
Infamy
The Worst
Miss You
Oh No Not You Again
Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Women
Out of Control
Sympathy
Jumpin' Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want
It's Only Rock n' Roll

[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
August 27th, 2005 12:52 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Yes! At least the Marley cover!

I thought Tosh wrote it while he was in the Wailers. Nellcote and I talked via cell, he at Hartford, me at Fenway tonight---half the outfield grass was resodded due to the stage damage from earlier in the week! I gave him Red Sox highlights and he provided me the setlist from Charlie's drumkit setup via his binoculars!! I was the first one in Fenway tonight with Stones updates thanks to this board and fine members like Nellcote! Thank you...
August 27th, 2005 02:36 AM
Shidoobee A little after 2AM and we just got home. The boys were in fine form tonight! The 3 new tunes were all great. Lasting impressions before I go off to bed:
-Gates opened late as you could hear the Stones doing a late soundcheck - Ruby Tuesday, Miss You, and Honky Tonk Women.
-Why would anybody want the stage seating? You're one to two stories above and behind the stage, looking down at the lighting rig and the bald spot on the back of Charlie's head. There was a contest to text message a # and get "upgraded" to stage seating - No thanks, I'll stay on the floor.
-She's So Cold sucked. Mick forgot the words and the band just never got it together. Drop it now, guys!
-Audience really didn't now the new songs, but Rough Justice really rocked and Infamy kicks ass! Stop longing for T&A and Happy - this track is their peer (tonight was first time I've heard it).
-Get Up Stand Up was much better than I thought it'd be, and Mick can dance a fair 'reggae hop'. Lisa and Bernard joined him center stage towards the end of the song.
-Keith, who now lives in Connecticut, acknowledged the applause for his introduction with "It's good to see us locals stick together" - LOL!
-Ronnie played great pedal steel guitar on The Worst, as did Tim Ries on sax.
-I love the sliding B stage idea. It comes out about 2/3rds of the way into the floor area. It was great seeing them come by just a few feet away, but once it was past we were essentially sitting behind the stage and couldn't see much (and it's not shown on the screen).
-Satisfaction sounded the best it has in years; Out of Control a little less so.
-When the sliding B stage went by, you could see the set list written in marker on the sides of the plexiglass sound panels on either side of Charlie's drum set (something to look for in future shows if you don't want to stay up all night on the internet).
-Microphone wasn't working on the trombone intro to YCAGWYW, but I bet it would've sounded awesome (I miss the French Horn on live performances).
-I know some of you are tired of hearing IORR, but tonight was the best performance of it I've ever heard. Keith especially was getting into it.
-Don't think I've seen anyone else mention this, but the track for the sliding B stage also doubles as a cat walk, which Mick used several times to come out deep into the audience.

Good night! Just got tickets for the recently announced Boston Garden show in January. It will be fun to see how things have changed by then!
August 27th, 2005 02:41 AM
hotlicks GOOD MORNING GAZZA! NICE TO SEE THE BOYS CHANGING THE SET ABOUT A BIT
August 27th, 2005 04:17 AM
Jeep Short stage footage and pre-concert report on a local TV station WTNH (video link under Keith picture) :

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=3772594
August 27th, 2005 04:43 AM
throbby Hey!

[Edited by throbby]
August 27th, 2005 04:44 AM
throbby Get Up Stand Up!

[Edited by throbby]
August 27th, 2005 04:56 AM
throbby

[Edited by throbby]
August 27th, 2005 05:05 AM
Jeep Did you brought a camera in the on stage seats, Throbby ???
No strong security in this area ??
Anyway, AWESOME pictures !
[Edited by Jeep]
August 27th, 2005 07:23 AM
Jumping Jack Nice pics. What box number was vantage point from?

On comments on your On Stage experience?
August 27th, 2005 08:23 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
throbby wrote:

[Edited by throbby]

Errr... how much did you pay for such tickets Throbby?!?!

Is there any lower level for this OnStage thing?

I need to know! Great picutures!
August 27th, 2005 08:38 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Off to the races!
Margarita's made, ready for action.
Hopeful to meet up with Thorbby, Luxy, Glencar, Sway, Chevy Sales, Jerry from Boston, and WINTAH!!!

Gotta Jet------------!

yea me too...i probably should have asked where everyone was meeting.

anyhow i took my youngest daughter a college freshman (my other one is a senior in college) who had seen maroon 5 before and gave me their cd last week for a listen (not too bad).
i loved the show after being in row 8 a6 for fenway1 we were 11th row a3 dead center the 2 seats next to the rail .
my daughter had been to many shows but small ones at toads place in new haven and clubs like that. i must say to watch her up and screaming and dancing the whole time made the show that much better for me. what a nice feeling to share that experience with someone who never had. and to hear her comments after as visually for first timer the stageing and lighting is great.

location is so important as fenway1 we were in front of left bank of speakers while last nite dead center needless to say the sound was great where we were.

keith threw his pick coming back to main stage from b stage and hit her rite in the camera as she was taking pics on her disposable. so we are scrounging the floor for it and kid next to her picked it up under her seat...oh well. funny as she didn't know what she was hit with.

anyone notice drummer from maroon 5 had a t shirt the said "pour it on at the pour house"?

couple of flubs during song openings guitar wise but all in all a great show. seemed the band was in to it and a little more chatter from keith and mick between songs to the crowd. mick mentioning how they are playing new songs and changing the setlists up.

oh and across the aisle from us was chris berman from ESPN who i nicely asked for him to give my dolphins some love this year

[Edited by chevysales]
August 27th, 2005 08:53 AM
luxury1 THe Stage BOx seats dont beat the first 10 rows as far as I'm concerned, but you should have seen me shakin my maracas with the Lisa during Sympathy. I even got "the Bow" from Nellcote at the finis......

Voodoo--I will let throbby tell you about the sound up there, --my right eardrum was "plugged" for about an hour after the show. Not the best..I believe the sound was from the huge column speakers on each side of the stage, and not from the monitors.

Oh yeah--we were in Stage Box 3--lower level. Fun for one time only. I shall be wearing my laminate and wristband and bringing my Pic--yes, they gave us a RS guitar pic too!--to my boys football game in an hour--do you think they will mind?? And hey--our drinks were NOT free, but they did wait on us.
August 27th, 2005 10:06 AM
glencar Hi all! That was some show. I had fun phoning it in to Charlotte & could even hear his end once or twice. Thanks for being there, Charlotte! And kudos to Gazza for setting it up too! I'll be glad to do another show at some point.

The sound is unbelievable this tour. I disagree with whoever didn't like SSC. That was actually well odne but I didn't notice Mick flubbing the words. We were seated right by the B stage which turned out to be outstanding for those 4 songs. I missed not getting to hear BOMH & Heartbreaker but it was awesome hearing ADTL & even RT sounded crisp. Get Up Stand UP sounded great. I wasn't expecting much but it knocked my (non-Red) socks off! The show started much later than expected but it was a generally good crowd vibe. Maroon 5 doesn't actually sound all that bad but nobody wanted to hear them just then & that was reflected towards the end of their gig.
[Edited by glencar]
August 27th, 2005 10:15 AM
Poplar Great setlist!!!!!

Hell yeah, boys!!!! Keep it Fresh!!!!
August 27th, 2005 10:39 AM
throbby
August 27th, 2005 10:47 AM
mac_daddy once again, throbby - thanks for the wonderful pics.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)