ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rentschler Field, East Hartford 26th August - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
August 27th, 2005 10:01 PM
glencar BTW I took pix of the small stage. Some guy gave me $20 to send him copies of whatever I got. I'll also send a set if they're any good to someone here so they can be posted. I was really close but it was a shitty disposable so we'll see...

Thanks for the thanks, LJ, Madafaka & MoonIsUp! My pleasure, for sure...
August 28th, 2005 06:47 AM
corgi37 Nice set. I would 100% scrap YGMR for Gimme Shelter, and i would love them to alternate Miss You with Love is strong.

Hopefully, as the tour progresses, YGMR will be dumped anyway, in favour of a new track.

I still say SOL will be included once the album comes out.

Personally, i dont see IORR as a final song. Dont know why, its only me, but i have never really liked that song. Live or studio.

The onstage seats do seem to give a pretty good view. It would be cool to see the banter and facial expressions between Charlie and the other members, but to me, the show just isnt aimed at the onstage people.

I still have hopes Time waits for no one is this tours new CYHMK.
August 28th, 2005 08:46 AM
luxury1 Glencar--throbby and I were on Ronnies side, lower level box 3 (from left). THe reason I mentioned that Mick seemed pissed at Keith was because two or possibly three times, Keith tried to joke/smile with Mick, and Mick turned a cold shoulder to him, and then either went to Ronnie, or up front--but he defintely turned away from Keith with no response. THen Keith stopped trying to be buddies with Mick, and just played with Darryl, Charlie and Ronnie. That was kinda cool about the onstage seats, you could really see the interplay between the boys --although being in the first few rows, you can also see it........

Anyway, bring on MSG--the Stones are sounding awfully solid this tour...
August 28th, 2005 09:06 AM
charlotte
quote:
glencar wrote:

Thanks for the thanks, LJ, Madafaka & MoonIsUp! My pleasure, for sure...

same for me everyone! Thanks glencar for calling! it was a blast to listen to segments of each tune! and keeping RO up on the setlist...great teamwork by everyone!!!
August 28th, 2005 09:11 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
great teamwork by everyone!!!

quoted for truth.

thanks to all involved.
August 28th, 2005 10:47 AM
throbby Our partner in crime, Nellcote! Pre show

Luxury and I pre show a tad excited

Luxury after the final encore. Think she had a good time?
(Hey--gimme a break, I just got "banged."--Luxy

[Edited by throbby]
August 28th, 2005 10:56 AM
throbby She would never say where she came from...

catch your dreams before they slip away...

still I'm gonna miss you...

August 28th, 2005 11:23 AM
Moonisup thanks for the great pictures Throbby!
August 28th, 2005 12:24 PM
luxury1 Oh RIk--a couple of times Chuck turned to the box seats and stood up and waved, and each time throbby would say, "I have to take a pic of Chuck for Moonisup." But, unfortunately, they all came out blurry. I think throbby was shaking from the excitement of Chuck's proximity......

Oh shit--check the Fenway I thread--he put a pic for you there.....
[Edited by luxury1]
August 28th, 2005 01:06 PM
Moonisup haha that's sweet of him! Every time people cheer at chucks corner /side, he thinks it's for him. It really looks silly when he waves, or tries to get people to sing a long.
I saw the pic! Great picure! He's standing like he has just farted, or has to fart
August 28th, 2005 03:16 PM
batcave

August 28th, 2005 03:21 PM
batcave

August 28th, 2005 03:24 PM
batcave

August 28th, 2005 03:28 PM
batcave

[Edited by batcave]
August 28th, 2005 03:29 PM
Moonisup great! Thanks
and welcome
August 28th, 2005 04:57 PM
throbby Way to go batcave!

setlist courtesy of Nellcote and Micksass. Thanks guys!
August 28th, 2005 05:54 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 What does BV stand for on the charts?
August 28th, 2005 06:11 PM
T&A BV = backup vocalists
August 28th, 2005 06:14 PM
T&A for those who have thought that Ries plays clarinet on The Worst, this setlist shows that it's a sax - soprano sax, to be exact. the two instruments can sound remarkably similar. coltrane played one on many of his best numbers, including My Favorite Things.
August 28th, 2005 06:17 PM
T&A and I as I scan the setlist sheet some more, it's obvious that there isn't a single song when the core band (+ chuck) isn't augmented by side players, including the b-stage. not sure that's been the case in the past.
August 30th, 2005 01:13 PM
Saint Sway great pics

but far too many pics of Ronnie waving the hand that is *supposed* to be playing his guitar

thankfully Keith was ON FIRE that night and more than covered for him. One of his best performances that I've seen. From the 2nd half of the show on he was like a wild animal that escaped from its cage.
August 30th, 2005 02:10 PM
Nellcote I've been rather busy since returning from Hahtfud, however, wanted to post some thoughts towards this show..

The field is about 1/2 the size of Gillette Stadium. It has great sightlines. Getting there early allowed us to pahk right next to the field, and I mean right next to the field....

Maroon 5 was better than I thought...drummer had a "Pour House" shirt on, he must have been in Bahston....

I was quite fortunate to have benefited from a last minute ticket upgrade from a great set of friends, thus I had position on Ronnie's side, right at the front. I found a fellow who had binocs, so I asked to use them before the Stones came on, so I knew about the 3 different numbers...

Great to see the set list shook up with different song positioning, as well as the three new numbers.....

Keith is always on in his home state, and it was a particularly good night for him. He was driven during SFTD, possessed during JJF, and rocked on SSC....

I'm noting this tour as the rebirth of one Ronald Wood.
He plays with passion, drops in effortlessly, improvises superbly. Ronnie is on his game. The others in the band come to him now, Jagger even pushed the mic to him to sing a brief harmony. Ronnie owns BOB, and brings SSC to country territory. Now, let's see an introduction of Far Away Eyes soon..

Charlie thrashed the kit with a vengance....

Words are not available for Mick Jagger. He is still the best showman in Rock...

Bobby Keyes is the best sax player in rock. Seeing him belt out BS to a que still gives you the chills knowing it is he on the original some 36 years ago...

The B stage runway was larger than Fenway, allowing Mick to himself go right out into the crowd...

I know I sound like a parrot, however, I cannot stress enough to get to the B stage whenever you have the chance.
Although the sound was tough during those numbers Friday night, the experience of it is truly the best. It is higher than in years past...

The security was very tough, as I'd been warned of in advance..

Only bad item was the merch was from Boston! They were selling $100. Boston shirts in Hahtfud, lot of gaul!

Met up with Luxy & Throbby, what great folks!
Still speechless about the view, thanks guys.
Great pix Throbby from your view....
And fortunate to have met Wintah and his mother towards the front....

So, unless some divine intervention happens, I'm out of the Stones loop until January Gahden. I'm not closing the door to opportunity though...

And my advice, for what it's worth, on the Stones is see them, enjoy it, don't beat them up because they play the same numbers. It's happened other tours you know. They will mix it up, don't worry. And, all of the kavetching in the world will only give you adjada...Enjoy the ride....

August 30th, 2005 04:31 PM
Jumacfly thanks so much everyone!!
a pleasure to see that and to read your different review...
i m particularly fan of RO people pics, you're all so lovely

great pics and hum....bc guitar = Blondie on the Set List??
August 30th, 2005 05:11 PM
Nellcote Jum, Blondie plays acoustic on some numbers, he plays electric on others. He played a square electric Friday night, I think Bo Diddley has used this type of guitar at one time..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)