ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Park, Boston 23rd August - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
August 23rd, 2005 10:19 PM
scope
quote:
parmeda wrote:

And for the record...if I make it to NY...you will be the first one I hug. Fuck those stingy bastards, I shall make them wait, lol

Well, since you put it that way....okay
August 23rd, 2005 10:25 PM
Madafaka 1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin {Mick's On Fire}
3. Shattered {Perfect}
4. Tumbling Dice {Mick on catwalk}
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of My Hand {Ronnie and Charlie are very loud}
7. Beast of Burden
8. Shes So Cold
9. Bitch
10 Night time
Introductions
11 The Worst
12 Infamy
13 Miss You--going to B stage
14 Oh No Not You Again
15 Satisfaction
16 Honky Tonk Women--back to main stage
17 Out of Control
18 Sympathy for the Devil
19 Jumping Jack Flash
20 Brown Sugar
21 YCAGWYW
August 23rd, 2005 10:31 PM
Soldatti The people that went to the first show and now went to the second must be happy.
August 23rd, 2005 10:33 PM
beer
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The people that went to the first show and now went to the second must be happy.

Exactly. They payed a nice price for "Bitch"!

-
August 23rd, 2005 10:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A heartbreaker replaced by a bitch LOL
August 23rd, 2005 10:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Set list blew again tonight. I'd like to see Out of Control get the boot. The band really love it, but I'd like to see something daring like Blue Turns to Grey on the B stage. Also, Paint It Black would be ideal for the opener. Not Fade Away is my favorite opener ever and sounded amazing. They should find their balls again and be a little bit more daring.

quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
A heartbreaker replaced by a bitch LOL

two candidates for "post of the week"
August 23rd, 2005 11:30 PM
Night Clerk I can't believe I'm thinking this, but I don't even care too much about getting the boots for these first shows. Sad. I hope they put a much bigger bang into future set lists.
August 23rd, 2005 11:49 PM
Child of the Moon Here's where I stand...

The setlist, when stood up on its own, is really great. And I'm sure the boys played splendidly. But to to play almost the exact same show two nights in a row, especially when you're a band with such a rich and wide history of songs under your belt? Sad, sad, sad. I saw the White Stripes in Portland a couple of weeks ago, and from what I heard, the next night they played (same venue) was almost totally different!

I'll reiterate what I said a while back. I would rather have a ton of new songs that could be nicely hammered into shape throughout the tour, with a couple of nice surprises and a few warhorses for good measure. And I would at least like the songs to be played in some kind of varying order. This setlist tonight - when put up against the previous show's - was unacceptable from a fan's standpoint, especially someone who shelled out big bucks to see them on both nights and got the exact same fucking show. I think we've come to expect a little more from the Stones these days. Remember Licks, where the first three shows of the tour had almost nothing to do with one another, song selection-wise? Well, I exaggerate slightly, but those were at least widely varied shows.
August 24th, 2005 12:09 AM
Riffhard I do think the one thing that many here,myself included,are missing is that this is only show show number two. Bear in mind that with a stadium show there are many glitches,and sequencing cues that need to be worked out. The whole production of the stadium show has to be ironed out. That means that there are lighting cues,pyro cues,inflatable cues,hell there's even a portable B-stage cue to be worked out.

I have no doubt that the setlist will be mixed up a bit as the tour progresses. Some tunes will be droped. Others will be added,but one thing is absolutly sure. If you're going to a stadium show you're going to get a warhorses heavy show. These stadium shows are much more production heavy. That means consistancy is the name of the game. It won't change that much because it can't change that much without screwing with the entire crew from the band right down to the lighting techs and the various board ops. That ain't a bad thing at all as far as I'm concerned. Spectacle is an essential at these huge 50,000 seat stadiums.

Riffhard
August 24th, 2005 12:30 AM
corgi37 Agreed.

And, maybe (to give them a benefit of a doubt) they thought opening night's set was the bees knees, really liked what they heard when they heard the show on playback, liked the audience's reaction, and thought - basically, lets do it again.

August 24th, 2005 12:50 AM
pdog Who promised anyone different setlists anyway. That was last tour in arenas, stadiums and clubs!
Who set this expectation? Not me, not them! Oh, it was the people bitching... Guess what, I'm ok with The stones shows, I bet they're ok with their shows. BUT !!! You're not, so whose problem is it?
Please feel free to unBurden yourselfs over this matter, there seems to be no shortage of bitcing space!
Maybe you can never be too stupid to enjoy a Stones show, but you can be too smart to enjoy one!
If anyone feels hurt, tough shit, I'm loving this! Watching peoples heads explode has become my new pass time!
I can't wait for MSG, I hope they play the exact same set too. OR! Maybe Angie Streets Of Love and Wild horses back to back to back... That'll weed out the unbeleivers!
Phew! I feel better now!

August 24th, 2005 01:34 AM
Poplar
As someone else said: must have been a bitch in '75 etc. when they did the same show every night.

but still - one song? come on boys.

August 24th, 2005 01:36 AM
marko Back in 1972,73,75,76,78 81-82,89-90.They NEVER really changed the set list,and the allready had a BIG catalog.
August 24th, 2005 01:41 AM
lotsajizz am I the first one back? God--the traffic was a nightmare tonight (not that my head tripping the light fantastic helped) but somehow I made it....met up with Nellcote in the Cask & Flagon for some pre-shpw talk and drink. He's a great guy. Then off to the show...first impressions--yeah, the setlist was a bummer after the opening night--they were off tonight in general, worst Keith show I've ever seen....Woody was making up for him all night, Woody had a good night and so did Mick and Charlie, but Keith just seemed out of it, missing cues, flubbing solos...if he's gonna slag off on Mick than he better fuckin' play his guitar like he should and earn that right--'cuz if I were the band, I'd have chewed his ass out tonight!!
that said--hey, it WAS the Stones---they rocked, they made up for Keith, Moncton next....onward
August 24th, 2005 02:59 AM
lotsajizz all right....bath and toothbrushed and a whiskey later---my impression remains---KEITH, what the fuck?!?!? someone wake his ass up!! Woody, on the other hand, is better than ever---and to give the devils their due---in Brown Sugar and She's So Cold they did hit some nice weaving...and YCAGWYW was better tonight...most others were off from Sunday and largely due to Keith's non-appearance.....off to bed, maybe I will think differently tomorrow....Sunday was an 8.5, tonight was a 4.5---docked a full point for the repetition in the setlist
August 24th, 2005 03:03 AM
lotsajizz a positive thought to sleep on--Nighttime and Back Of My Hand were super BOTH nights and are a welcome addition!!
August 24th, 2005 03:07 AM
lotsajizz last one, I promise--Out Of Control is a welcome return
August 24th, 2005 03:25 AM
montana

August 24th, 2005 03:28 AM
pdog GPS phones to track clam diggers...
I had no idea Boston was so insane...
August 24th, 2005 04:14 AM
beer I guess when the RS fan club asked everyone to email in their suggested selists, Everyone had the same idea.

Fuckin ridiculous, and a horrible way to start the tour.
Don't get me wrong, i would have loved to have been at both shows, but i would have been pissed to pay good money/travel/etc for a fucking re-run.

-
August 24th, 2005 04:23 AM
Surround Sister Go see SpanishTony´s posting over at iorr.
Not only the setlist matters...
August 24th, 2005 04:47 AM
beer I understand that not only the setlist matters. But i've heard a couple reviews of the show so far and they seem to be polar opposites. One says Keef was way off, another says Keith was the highlight. I really don't even care. I will form my opinion of their playing when i see em again.

It's all opinions. As it should be, and I think that's great!

But there is no denying that pretty much the same setlist opening both nights is retarded. And the 70's setlist explanation doesn't hold up in this day and age. As the prices rise, so do the expectations.
--IMO--

-

August 24th, 2005 04:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Who promised anyone different setlists anyway. That was last tour in arenas, stadiums and clubs!
Who set this expectation? Not me, not them! Oh, it was the people bitching... Guess what, I'm ok with The stones shows, I bet they're ok with their shows. BUT !!! You're not, so whose problem is it?

Not quite true. Theyve set a precedent since 1989 by mixing the setlists up...even in stadiums..more so with each succeeding tour in fact, when you look at it closer (I'm leaving arenas and theatres out of the equation totally for this argument, even though it backs the argument up even further)

To NOT mix it up a bit is a step backwards. This isnt 1973. At these prices, I think people have the right to expect a bit of imagination
[Edited by Gazza]
August 24th, 2005 05:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Go see SpanishTony´s posting over at iorr.
Not only the setlist matters...

true. It doesnt. But then 'not only the performance' matters either
August 24th, 2005 05:53 AM
corgi37 Truly, looking at womens breasts is all that matters at concerts.
August 24th, 2005 07:08 AM
Gazza you've been paying too much attention to Throbby's brand new avatar, chum....
August 24th, 2005 07:10 AM
beer Funny !!!
August 24th, 2005 07:19 AM
lotsajizz a few hours sleep has not changed my opinion---just put it down to an off night and off to Hartford (for them) and Moncton (for me)...anyone who reviewed that show and thought Keith was 'on' was on even stronger stuff than I was last night!!
August 24th, 2005 07:42 AM
Gazza too bad.

still, thanks for your honesty. It makes for better reading than blind cheerleading

A lot of people who pay a lot of money for a ticket dont like to admit a show wasnt all it could have been

they can have off nights. Hopefully your next one will be better

August 24th, 2005 08:26 AM
Jumacfly can someone post a detailed review??
I m very curious about guitars sound....it was raw and dirty on BOMH video ...
Keith was out??
it sometimes happens,someone should change his drug and put fanta into his cup of vodka
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)