ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
31st July 2006 03:35 PM
Gazza 7. SOL ("works great live. mick sings his heart out" says Greg)

8. Tumbling dice
31st July 2006 03:45 PM
Gazza 9. Night Time

Greg says that from the 2nd ring near the stage, the sound is better than expected, although it tends to be a bit crowded especially with the brass
31st July 2006 03:50 PM
Saint Sway the exclusion of LSTNT is fantastic news! Hopefully they will never ever perform it again live

Bitch & Sway are a solid 1-2 punch!! Welcome in any set. Any time.

Why Night Time has become a show staple is beyond explanation...
31st July 2006 03:52 PM
Gazza Intros - "Lisa ik zag jou lopn op de wallen" (translation please, F505? Is this some joke about the red light district?)

10. Slipping away
31st July 2006 03:55 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Intros - "Lisa ik zag jou lopn op de wallen" (translation please, F505? Is this some joke about the red light district?)

10. Slipping away

Yes it says: Lisa, I saw you walking on the Wallen (aka The Red Light District).

I hope for her she doesn't understand Dutch.
31st July 2006 03:56 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
9. Night Time

Greg says that from the 2nd ring near the stage, the sound is better than expected, although it tends to be a bit crowded especially with the brass

LOL he must be drunk.
31st July 2006 03:57 PM
Gazza Cheers. I recognised the word "wallen", so I feared the worst!
31st July 2006 04:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
angie is almost in tears ....the anticipation is just too much...she is hoping she hasn't forgotten the words...

how could anyone possibly forget those words???
31st July 2006 04:03 PM
speedfreakjive bitch, followed by sway!!! oh yes
31st July 2006 04:03 PM
Gazza 11. before they make me run
12. Miss you

time for my 'evening dump', Joey!
31st July 2006 04:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Miss You...Miss You...Miss You echoing throughout the arena

Just please do one different song on the B stage, alright?!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
31st July 2006 04:14 PM
Gazza 13. Rough Justice
14. get off of my cloud
15. HTW
31st July 2006 04:17 PM
speedfreakjive hows Before They Make Me Run been sounding thus far?
31st July 2006 04:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thank You.. Under My Thumb would have been better, but I'll take that change. Not a bad setlist....

The rest I know.... so now I think I will go home. Thanks Gazza and Greg
31st July 2006 04:23 PM
charlotte gazza, ehhhhhhhhhh!!! Amsterdam??? I have forgotten a lot of things there!!!....thank goodness,,,but wait...a flashback....have I told you the story of coming out of a coffee house after drinking a shit load of beer meeting an Asian lady with no teeth????
31st July 2006 04:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
hows Before They Make Me Run been sounding thus far?

I saw the show in Berlin and for me it was the highlight of the night.
31st July 2006 04:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
gazza, ehhhhhhhhhh!!! Amsterdam??? I have forgotten a lot of things there!!!....thank goodness,,,but wait...a flashback....have I told you the story of coming out of a coffee house after drinking a shit load of beer meeting an Asian lady with no teeth????

theres a punchline in there which sounds like that joke about the 'ideal woman' (3 feet tall, no teeth and a flat head that you can rest your pint on....)
31st July 2006 04:39 PM
charlotte i wish it was a joke......my friends(??) swear on a stack of kings james versions...i just know that it was two days later...when I came too...back to the show
31st July 2006 04:41 PM
Gazza 18. Brown sugar ("very long and quite horrible!")

The Amsterdam curse of Brown Sugar strikes again, it seems!
31st July 2006 04:49 PM
charlotte predicted by jb and pug...
31st July 2006 04:52 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
18. Brown sugar ("very long and quite horrible!")

The Amsterdam curse of Brown Sugar strikes again, it seems!

i'm sure that i wouldn't be complaining if I were there!
31st July 2006 04:52 PM
telek great show..:-)
31st July 2006 04:55 PM
sssoul thank you TeleK ~ thank you Gazza ~ thank you Greg
~* and thank you Stones! *~
31st July 2006 04:55 PM
Gazza all done and dusted
31st July 2006 04:56 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Bitch & Sway are a solid 1-2 punch!! Welcome in any set. Any time.

Why Night Time has become a show staple is beyond explanation...

Agreed about Bitch and Sway.

We are forgetting that when WE first heard Night Time we really liked it, well I did anyway. It's been very well received in Europe.

They'll drop it in the Fall, I hope.

LJ.
31st July 2006 05:03 PM
Gazza a quick review from Greg, our man at the show :

"Good show, though very reminiscent of Licks. After the b-stage, they were coasting. Keith's set most musical and I liked 'Miss You'. Ron looked well and 'alive'. First timers I was with loved it!"
31st July 2006 05:06 PM
charlotte thanks guys...good show
31st July 2006 05:18 PM
Jeep Photos ANP Agency - Rick Nederstigt

[Edited by Jeep]
31st July 2006 05:22 PM
speedfreakjive Mick's looking pretty cool!
31st July 2006 06:06 PM
Mathijs Well, just back from the show. I am not going to give my "it was horrible" review, because it wasn't. There were 50.000 (it certainly wasn't sold out) people having the time of their live, so who I am to judge. It wasn't really good, and it wasn't really bad. I personally found it all a bit boring, and that's most probably only because I have seen it and them too much. To me, there were no real high lights, but also no really low lights. I hate to say it because I HATE the song, but Streets of Love was maybe the best song of the evening, and As Tears Go By was quite nice too. I really enjoyed Slipping Away, I thought Keith was singing really well. Low points to me where all the songs with a Ron Wood solo -the guy simply has become a horrible lead guitarist. Especially in the echo dome of the Arena, his screeching and feeding back out of tune bends were horrible. Sway wasn't good I thought (I even thought Keith played the intro and bridge wrong), I hated YCAGWYW for Wood's solo's and Jones' slapping bass. Brown Sugar was bad as well -Keith didn't remember the chords, and Jagger forgot the lyrics, and Night Time is the kind of Vegas song I don't want the Stones to play. All other songs were o.k., nothing more in my very humble opinion. I thought it was all getting a bit pale.

It was o.k., that's it. It will be my last show ever. There just isn't any reason for me to go see them again. After 16 years of live Stones shows, it's enough for me.

Mathijs
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)