ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1st August 2006 08:22 AM
Bitch
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Jesus - Keith's starting to look better than Mick...

LMAO!!
1st August 2006 08:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Why did everyone sing "Hey Jude" while waiting
to get into the stadium?

1st August 2006 09:56 AM
jb attendance pleae???
1st August 2006 10:04 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
attendance pleae???

1st August 2006 11:20 AM
Angiegirl The stands looked quite full actually, not too many empties. The field however had large gaps. I haven't seen the (extremely large) FOS area this empty much before.
1st August 2006 12:25 PM
UGot2Rollme thanks for all the reviews, pics etc. It seems to me that Keith is looking younger these days. Excellent shots of him lately.

Keef on Rollin!
1st August 2006 12:38 PM
Angiegirl Pictures Amsterdam July 31 - by Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts (the Dutch tour promotor - www.mojo.nl):

[Edited by Angiegirl]
1st August 2006 12:44 PM
Angiegirl And some misc. (Amstel Hotel, setlist by Rini from Stonesforum.nl etc.)

1st August 2006 01:45 PM
jb 50k is a fair #....certainly not like the old days.
1st August 2006 01:54 PM
Saint Sway Tim Reis sold out his show in Amsterdam!! Thanks to the FLFC!!!

the only "papering" needed was for rolling fat joints
1st August 2006 01:57 PM
Angiegirl It was their 22nd (!) show in 11 years (since Voodoo Lounge 1995) in the Netherlands, 18 of which were either stadiums or large fields (which hold even more people), 1 arena-sized indoor show and 3 club shows, in 7 different cities and 9 different locations (Netherlands in only twice the size of -say- New Jersey). That's close to 1 million people in attendance. Our country has roughly 16 million inhabitants. Do the math.

Most are hot-rocks-shows-tired, echo-ArenA-tired, high-ticket-prices-tired and, yes, Stones-tired. They saturated the market here with endless renditions of JJF, SMU and the likes.

Just my 2 cents of course
1st August 2006 02:16 PM
F505 I am glad I jumped off the bandwagon in time...
No regrets...
My first show was in 1976, my last one in the Vredenburg 2 years ago. It was always a great pleasure to see them. I wish them all the luck on the Fall Tour in the US of A.
1st August 2006 02:35 PM
Jeep Pictures Radioactive.blog.nl :

[Edited by Jeep]
1st August 2006 03:21 PM
Saint Sway some interesting words from Chris Jagger on the Amsterdam show:

we’re due out to Amsterdam where the a Rolling Stones Fan Club…. the Forty Licks variety are holding a jamboree at the Paradiso Club there on the day before the Stones gig and we are playing as well as a Stones spin off band headed by horn player Tim Rees and who can blame him as they only get to play a few riffs on the Stones show. So that should be one good evening…Will let you know. In general I am not too keen on playing in the same town as The Stones but, hey, it’s about the only way I get to meet my brother these days…It’s all one big family ain’t it???
1st August 2006 03:25 PM
Angiegirl Wow, bitter much Chris??
1st August 2006 06:44 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Chris had done such a fine show at Paradiso!
Really a special support band for Stones fans, his music was great, a mix of Cajun, rockabilly, hillybilly, country and blues
so,what do want from life?
1st August 2006 10:32 PM
Soldatti Good pics, the stadium seemed filled, the field at least.
2nd August 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Good pics, the stadium seemed filled, the field at least.

Do you think Mick helps his brother finacially in any way, shape or form?
2nd August 2006 12:11 PM
Gazza yeah
2nd August 2006 12:45 PM
Madafaka Great pix! Thank you.
2nd August 2006 01:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
Do you think Mick helps his brother finacially in any way, shape or form?

He gets a free meal at 3 Stones shows of his choice during the tour, courtesy of M. Cohl.

After he's purchased an OnStage seat of course.

Is what I heard anyways.
2nd August 2006 02:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Good pics, the stadium seemed filled, the field at least.

The field was not filled. The FOS section was quite empty. But very little FOS tix were available in the weeks before the show, so I guess this was intended.
2nd August 2006 04:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
Chris had done such a fine show at Paradiso!
Really a special support band for Stones fans, his music was great, a mix of Cajun, rockabilly, hillybilly, country and blues
so,what do want from life?

sounds like a hoot!

did any other relatives of Rolling Stones band members join him onstage?

please post pictures
3rd August 2006 03:21 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
did any other relatives of Rolling Stones band members join him onstage?

I wasnt there, but no, no Stones showed up. They did have Tim Ries, Bobby and Bernard I believe, after Chris peformance.
3rd August 2006 03:53 AM
albert I was in Paradiso last sunday.
Chris Jagger opened. Actually a very nice show. Bobby Keyes joined for a couple of songs.
After a break Tim Ries Project continued with guest performances of Bobby Keyes, Blondie Chaplin, Kent Davis (so the complete horn section was on stage during a couple of numbers) and a Brazilian singer (don.t know her name).
Big rumours were that the Stones were at the Paradiso. No one showed up on stage. Also didn't Darryl Jones or Lisa Fischer (they were announced on the flyer/poster)

I talked with Pauline (FLFC) who organised the evenings. At the Bimhuis Tim Ries called Charlie Watts to join. CW didn't show up because of the fact that the place was sold out/crowded and there was no security.
The concert of Tim Ries at de Bimhuis was very good. Bernard sang a couple of songs. Really a good singer. Highlights: Ruby Tuesday and Wild Horses. They filmed it dor DVD.

gr,
Albert
Holland
3rd August 2006 05:41 AM
Angiegirl Some more pics, taken by my friend Tom with the cam in his mobile phone

Me and Mark (SSC):

Tom himself, taken by himself as well, lol:

3rd August 2006 10:30 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Damn I'm looking good.
3rd August 2006 10:36 AM
albert Anybody any idea why they closed the roof of the Arena?

My guess is that a open roof should have been much better for the sound and for the temperature? It was really hot inside. (I saw a few people faint)

gr
Albert
Holland
3rd August 2006 11:00 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
albert wrote:
Anybody any idea why they closed the roof of the Arena?

My guess is that a open roof should have been much better for the sound and for the temperature? It was really hot inside. (I saw a few people faint)

gr
Albert
Holland

Standard procedure. Does not effect the sound, but does effect the temperature.
3rd August 2006 11:25 AM
Jumacfly Angie is still beautiful
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)