ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby - Click here for more
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 60 seconds over Winterland Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 11th, 2005 08:56 PM
sirmoonie Thanks Voodoo!

I missed this entire thing yesterday. Too busy wanking off on the Neo-Con threads. Speaking of which, that song sounds pretty nice, some reggae in there. Let Me Down and Laugh sound really good. I agree with whoever said Laugh sounds like a Side II Tattoo demo. We can only hope.
August 11th, 2005 09:15 PM
Riffhard Not that it needs to be said again,but here goes-Gerardo-YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

I dig just about everything that I heard here. You can really tell that these tunes were written by Mick and Keith together this time,as opposed to the adhock fasion that permeated B2B. That reggae vibe that's heard in many of the songs smells like Keith had a field day in the studio this time 'round. Likewise for the funk vibe for Mick.

Great stuff! Looks like we are in for a truly classic album! After all these years!

Riffhard
August 11th, 2005 09:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Let me tell you the reason I asked the people to post the link to the main board or at least to the thread itself instead of the link of the tracks. This is just in case someone has doubts, and also because someone asked about.

I attended that Virgin Records presentation as a cyber-press and have been invited to some others presentations and I want to attend some more. Also Virgin Records authorized today to the Dutch “Forty Licks” fan club and us the use of the photograph currently as the daily header.

My intention was that everyone listen the tracks not just us, but if the files are posted in other websites without this disclaimer it could be taken in a wrong way like posting the entire tracks from the actual CD etc ect

So in this way the tracks were accompanied with the following disclaimer:

1. They are audience recordings (low fidelity in the origin)
2. Only 30 seconds of each (more in some LOL)
3. The songs were converted to MP3 in the minimum fidelity, maximum compression available
4. The intention was to show how fucking great is the new album and be in this way a promoter of the CD and not a pirate or bootlegger

As simple as that, please everyone, do not consider that it was ego, or trying to get more regulars after all the bandwidth would be the same and the tracks had our domain rocksoff.org in it

Let’s rock everybody a great new album and tour are coming

Saludos

Gerardo aka Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
August 11th, 2005 11:30 PM
Soldatti 30 seconds of all the songs are on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000A7Q27I/qid%3D1122664910/sr%3D1-1/ref%3Dsr%5F1%5F0%5F1/202-4349719-3578236

The studio version of ONNYA kicks all kind of ass.
August 11th, 2005 11:35 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Holy shit!
August 11th, 2005 11:38 PM
Riffhard Holy shit! ONNYA is a killer! This is the REAL deal people! Very "Whip Comes Down" thing going on there! Guitars! Good God how I love them dang thangs! Thanks Soldati!!

Howard Carter like find fer sure!

Riffhard
August 11th, 2005 11:46 PM
BlindLemon Since we were sheep on the neocon threads, I shall sheep on here:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you.
Baaaaaaaa
August 11th, 2005 11:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gracias Soldatti

Now is time to rename this thread and call it "30 SECONDS OVER WONDERLAND"

WIth those clips and the ones I posted you have a great idea now as they all are the first 30 and my files are almost all in the middle

But these are in great sound
August 12th, 2005 12:01 AM
Poplar
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:

Holy shit!

same goes for Look What the Cat Dragged In
August 12th, 2005 12:02 AM
Riffhard Look at What the Cat Dragged In! Very cool tune right there! Very high on the funk factor!

Riffhard
August 12th, 2005 12:06 AM
KeepRigid
quote:
Poplar wrote:
same goes for Look What the Cat Dragged In

I believe you're right.

Holy shit!

August 12th, 2005 12:24 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
30 seconds of all the songs are on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000A7Q27I/qid%3D1122664910/sr%3D1-1/ref%3Dsr%5F1%5F0%5F1/202-4349719-3578236

Sweet link! Tx!

This album's got some material.
August 12th, 2005 01:31 AM
maumau
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

For the record, the Club des Stones had this to say about it "Laugh, I Nearly Died : ça s’essouffle, ça s’essouffle. Une ballade soul qui ne décolle pas, des chœurs r’n’b (encore !) mal foutus, un Keith perdu au milieu de son riff." - a soul ballad that doesn't take off and Keith lost in the middle of his riff...right, these guys should stick to their day jobs !
[Edited by gotdablouse]

yes it's really unbelievable shit

LIND is first class r'n'b, it reminds me of things like Ann Peebles 73/74. i'm impressed. it's mick at his peak IMHO.

August 12th, 2005 01:44 AM
maumau anyway i really thing someone to cool me down because some of these soundbits really "scare" me and i am afraid to be taken away by my enthusiasm...

She saw me coming is a killer, a hit, what they were thinking when they chose SOL as single???

IWTL is a classic, maybe yes their quoting themselves but, well, that really sound like 69...:O!

please pinch me i want to wake up!

or maybe not

the track i'm not liking too much is neocon. It sounds too "terrifying" to me and i don't like that SW tune
August 12th, 2005 04:48 AM
Rutger Oh No Not You Again is friggin' awesomeeee! I'm can't sit still while playing that 29 second soundclip... FUCKING UP MY LIFEEEEEEE tanannanana this shit rocks...
August 12th, 2005 06:39 AM
gotdablouse Yes, excellent material overall, although ONNYA would be the only "standout" track so far IMHO, like SOM or OOC were on B2B, that's still one better than VL that had none really.

"Driving too Fast" sounds like the filler on this one, "Mean Disposition" or "Too Tight" style ;-)
August 12th, 2005 08:43 AM
gimmekeef Great stuff and hats off to Voodoo big time!!!!Think it was Poplar who said NeoCon sounds like Crackin Up....yes it does to me too..big time....Any word on Toronto boot yet????
August 12th, 2005 08:44 AM
gimmekeef oOOPS think its She Saw Me Coming??..confused too excited!!
August 12th, 2005 09:05 AM
The Wick It is difficult to judge from the clips on Amazon. We will all know after we buy it on the 6th and listen to it many times, but so far, it sounds like something that is either going to grow in stature, or something that will go completely bust. Only three tracks really grabbed me on the samples though: ONNYA sounds solid and I cannot wait for the album's release to blast that one, Let Me Down Slow has a nice melodic sound, and Rough Justice sounded great. Although there was some good stuff on the rest, nothing really stood out immediately. One thing that I think is missing is a solid ballad. Still, we should reserve our judgement until the 6th.
August 12th, 2005 09:41 AM
gimmekeef I know the Amazon clips are short but they are clean...Geez I'm really diggin Drivin Too Fast!!!!!!!!
August 12th, 2005 09:55 AM
Monkey Woman I love that "Dangerous Beauty" clip at Amazon.co.uk... Thanks for the link, Soldatti!

I new it would be a "dangerous" sound... Like a lot of these tracks. RJ, SNC, ONNYA, Infamy, BOMH... Less than a month before the full album, now! It'll be hard.
August 12th, 2005 10:35 AM
Mel Belli "She Saw Me Coming" basically knocked the wind out of me. Kind of sounds like that VL bootleg "Randy Whore" but with even more oomph.

"Laugh, I Nearly Died" is just a stone killer. A taut, Isley Brothers groove, Mick singing as passionately as he has in years.

"Oh No, Not You Again" is way better than the shambles that was the press conference. Great song, either way.

"Rough Justice" and "Back of My Hand" - no need to rehash those. Everyone's heard 'em, everyone knows they're great. "Streets of Love" even grew on my after a while.

"Sweet Neo Con" is, eh, blah. Too much hype, I suppose. The geopolitical content is kind of a weird fit for such a dance groove, and disarming in a way.

"Biggest Mistake" and "Let Me Down Slow" are very cool departures - jangly, Big Star-ish guitar pop that reminded a little of Tom Petty. "Driving Too Fast" also sounds like early-'90s Petty, a la "Makin' Some Noise."

"Look What the Cat Dragged In" sounds filler-ish. The funky figure Keith is playing is straight out of INXS's "I Need You Tonight." I caught myself singing "Your moves are so raw..." Strange.

"It Won't Take Long" and "Dangerous Beauty" are sturdy, if rote, rockers.

Couldn't get into "Rain Fall Down" based on the clip. Didn't make much of an impression, other than it's a funky, hip-hop-like update on "Gunface."

The Keith songs are solid. "This Place is Empty" is gorgeous. I could see him singing that one with Norah. "Infamy" I'll need to hear more of...

Bottom line is, it's a great album. Really: It's the best since "Tattoo You." Cliches happen to be true sometimes.
August 12th, 2005 01:39 PM
StonesChick Thanks so much, you have really made my day!! I can't get realplayer to work. Anyone have any suggestions? I need to hear the other songs, although what you posted has been a lot to take in....unbelievable!! I would love to hear this entire album live.
August 12th, 2005 03:25 PM
Gazza based on the short clips so far of the 13 previously unheard songs :

"Let Me Down Slow" - one of my favourites so far. Lovely melody

"It wont take long" - riffing guitars, crashing drums, ah, its the Stones. Who else? Clip is too brief, but I like it.

"Rain fall down" - a few people dont seem to like this. Sounds pretty decent to me. Mick's in good form, and I like the guitars.

"She Saw Me Coming" - I like that 'tribal' sounding chorus. Another one of quite a few songs on this album that gave a reggae undercurrent to them

"Biggest mistake" - this reminds me of something from "Goddess in the doorway". Not bad, but too short a clip to get into.

"This Place is Empty" - when I first heard this title, two things sprang to mind, "keith ballad" and "hank williams style". Reminds me a bit of "How can i stop" actually, only a bit faster

"Oh Not Not You Again" - still have some serious reservations about some of the naff lyrics which drag it down, but this finished version just sounds so much better

"Dangerous Beauty" signals the return of the "riff from hell". Could that be anyone else on the planet? The riffmeister is back with a vengeance. Dangerous? You could cut someone's head off with a riff like that if you're not careful. Friggin' brilliant drums too. Can't you just imagine Keith prowling around a stage crankin' this out and glowering at the front rows as if he's going to cut someone's throat? Marvellous

"Laugh I Nearly Died" - without hearing the songs in full yet, I've no doubt in the slightest that this is the gem on this record that when the dust settles we'll all be raving about. Hold your heads up boys, this is so wonderful. That said, I got more out of the clips that Voodoo posted yesterday than what amazon provided.

"Sweet Neo-Con" - cant make my mind up on this one yet, from what I've heard. Like the riff, not crazy about the 'gnarling' vocal. Jury's out until I hear the final version. Nice harp playing though

"Look what the cat dragged in" - good title. Decent groove but I think I'd need to hear the full song to get a grasp of it.

"Driving Too Fast" - potentially quite good. Would like to hear more.

"Infamy" - pretty decent from the brief clip. Again, I like the harp on it.

[Edited by Gazza]
August 12th, 2005 03:37 PM
T&A my problem with "Laugh" is my problem with its forebearer - Out of Control - don't like the Mick vocal delivery. For that reason alone this one is one I won't be able to completely embrace....
August 12th, 2005 05:45 PM
Some Guy I smell a grammy
August 12th, 2005 06:13 PM
tumbling dice
Laugh, i nearly died. What a killer ballad! It could be on Exile, Tattoo you...

Thanks Voodoo!
August 12th, 2005 06:24 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I smell a grammy

you heard it here first
August 12th, 2005 06:41 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"Rain fall down" - a few people dont seem to like this. Sounds pretty decent to me. Mick's in good form, and I like the guitars.

Yeah, I like that tight delivery on the amazon clip. Still not sure what to make of Sweet Neo Con either. Good groove, but I have zero interest in the subject matter. I keep hoping it'll play as more of a double entendre somehow.

This Place Is Empty is vintage Keith. I love the fact that his vocals aren't as produced. Makes it sound more like his bootleg work.

Completely agree about Laugh, I Nearly Died. "Lost my direction...lost my home". Primal stuff. Nice counterpoint to SOL's shallow lyrics.

I think the 16 track approach will benefit every song. You can tell every song was born in the same room, even if they do take off in different directions. Much different than trying to do the reverse.
August 12th, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I smell a grammy

I smell another 5 start review from Rolling Stone.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)