ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bonds: fuckin' faggot Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8th August 2007 11:32 AM
The jinn, my friend. Simply put, we are experiencing an ethical crisis in America.
8th August 2007 11:57 AM
Riffhard

Pretty much says it all,huh? Fucking cheater!!!**********

Riffy
8th August 2007 11:59 AM
Saint Sway in sports scouts are always searching for the next prototype athlete - they look for physical attributes that fit that prototype - i.e. after Ripken made it, every scout was looking for bigger, athletic Shortstops... in football every scout starting looking for large, speedy QB's modeled after Randall Cunningham, Dante Culpepper etc

thing is, in the case of Bonds, why arent scouts combing the high schools looking for deformed Egor freaks with giant craniums???

I'm telling you, he didnt start hitting monster HRs until his head ballooned. Think about it. Its not the muscles - its all about the giant freakazoid head!!

sure he did roids and thats what caused his head to blow up. But I bet theres some naturally big headed goons in elementary school that we can start training to hit a curveball!

Trust me. 10 years from now all baseball players will have enormous heads and hit 72 HRs a year. It'll look like a field of bobble heads
8th August 2007 04:02 PM
Mel Belli Just in case anyone missed this pic:

8th August 2007 04:05 PM
glencar No congratulatory call from the POTUS? Will Algore give it a whirl?
8th August 2007 04:09 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
No congratulatory call from the POTUS? Will Algore give it a whirl?

Bush could use some performance enhancement
8th August 2007 04:10 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's all the world needs -- Bush 'roid rage!
8th August 2007 04:11 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

The surge is working & the numbers are creeping up! LOL Please, no steroids for Mr. Bush. Or Miss Edwards.
8th August 2007 04:13 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
The surge is working & the numbers are creeping up! LOL Please, no steroids for Mr. Bush. Or Miss Edwards.

creeping up, interesting choice of words...lol!
8th August 2007 04:14 PM
glencar I knew you'd get it! But seriously, I think this Bonds story is a national stain on abseball.
8th August 2007 04:15 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Just in case anyone missed this pic:

Queen Elizabeth looks pissed...
8th August 2007 04:16 PM
glencar She's wearing better hats...
8th August 2007 04:21 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I knew you'd get it! But seriously, I think this Bonds story is a national stain on abseball.

yet football, ignored the fact the broncos won a title when most of the team was doing roids... it's selective outrage, generated by the same liberal media that you also despise....
people need to really rethink the entire thing, and see the big picture... we either remove all the players who have been accused or caught or move on.
look at it this way... we now know there were no wmd's, yet we stayed in Iraq. We also know Bonds has hit 756 home runs and may have had used drugs to make himself a better athlete... it's a fucked up world! I can see through the bullshit and it doesn't change a war or a persons choices.
8th August 2007 04:25 PM
glencar Well, I don't think a nat'l championship can be reversed just because half the players were roided up. I know a war can't be reversed. Yes, the liberal nat'l media does a poor job. I'm glad you finally see. And Bonds has the record but it's tainted. Double asterisked, if you will.
8th August 2007 04:33 PM
gimmekeef This whole thing hinges on Bonds distain for fans and the media.He's been an asshole which he's entitled to.but you reap what you sow..perhaps even some racist stuff too (from him) so people arent exactly pleased he's got the record.Baseball lost me years ago....not due to drugs but due to the imbalance of revenues and the owners and players greed....Fuck em all....NFL is right around teh corner....
8th August 2007 04:46 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, I don't think a nat'l championship can be reversed just because half the players were roided up. I know a war can't be reversed. Yes, the liberal nat'l media does a poor job. I'm glad you finally see. And Bonds has the record but it's tainted. Double asterisked, if you will.

it's all tainted... and what is a taint? Well, I nkow where my taint is, and nobady wants to go near it... it's funny. we have national elections where cheating is happening. we've got companies ripping off the country, contractors milking the u.s. govt. out of billions of dollars, celebrities who are famous for nothing, or even worse, being stupid and untalented... Yet, a guy like Bonds, who has hit 756 home runs, is being attacked, for something unprovable. Yet he did hit those home runs... and Aaron himself called him the king... and i'm suposed to be outraged b.c some reporters want to sell stories. Maybe most people don't care that bonds has had an intense work out regime since he was akid or that willie mays and his dad taught him everything about baseball. let's ignore the fact, every baseball player talk about bonds positively, yet the press has hated him b/c he avoided them from very early on... I'm judging the man too, but i'm judging him on a lifelong basis, not just snippets. I've seen him pitched around and walked, defensive shifts put on ect... and that was part of the game, not a cheating move. and baseball had a drug problem even before roids, had cheating throughout, so who the fuck are we to blast one person. pitcers who threw to him, were caught on roids. regardless, the time frames and specualation of these times get pretty blurry, and that is b/c we don't nkow all the facts, and might never know. Even if Bonds took super dooper make you crush em' drugs, he never had any advantage in baseball , that wasn't there for anyone else, b/c baseballl allowed this stuff to happen. ironically, even after the spotlight about doping, and testing ect... and being treated like shit, Bonds has still performed very well, in his 40's. and that in alot of ways, proves, that it's not about skill, that the person, has a skill and a strong enough character to rise above. and the thing i like, he doesn't give a fuck. When it comes down to it, he loves baseball and loves playing. i don't know one perfect person, but flawed people, can have integrity, and i see way more integrity in him, than i do in most athletes, and he's not the the best person in that regard... but he still excels above alot, while being treated like agreat satan. Do you think Jordan, Gretzky or Elway did stuff? i'll tell you why Bonds is being spotlighted. He has always hated sports reporters and he's ne of the greatst athletes of all time. This is why Palmeiro and sosa and McGuire are forgotten. They had flukes, no consistency. bonds has been consistent for 23 years...
8th August 2007 04:50 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
This whole thing hinges on Bonds distain for fans and the media.He's been an asshole which he's entitled to.but you reap what you sow..perhaps even some racist stuff too (from him) so people arent exactly pleased he's got the record.Baseball lost me years ago....not due to drugs but due to the imbalance of revenues and the owners and players greed....Fuck em all....NFL is right around teh corner....

no greed , racism or disdain for fans there...lol! Bonds is all those things, you're spot on... Except, he does care about some fans, and i've heard some great stories, he's human, and has to deal with fame like many. I heard Mick and Keef can be dicks too.
8th August 2007 04:52 PM
Throwaway If the record were legit, then it would be the talk of the town. Fortunately I haven't even heard a mention of 755-6 the past few days, so at least Barry can have his celebrations all by himself.
8th August 2007 05:04 PM
gimmekeef pdog!...Mick and Keith dicks???..surely you jest...Ever seen how polite and attentive they are to the media during press conferences?
8th August 2007 05:04 PM
pdog
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
If the record were legit, then it would be the talk of the town. Fortunately I haven't even heard a mention of 755-6 the past few days, so at least Barry can have his celebrations all by himself.

he hit 756 last night... what do you mean by talk. we're talking here and it's all over the fair and balanced media... i'm looking forward to hearing o'reilly, olberman and jon stewarts takes on all this... well, just jon stewart, the first two are sucking on their own cocks.
8th August 2007 05:07 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
pdog!...Mick and Keith dicks???..surely you jest...Ever seen how polite and attentive they are to the media during press conferences?

you can keep the money... that was as good as bonds basically telling the on reporter last night stop being negative, and making a joke about how reporters... did you see the pc last night, it was pretty good, for bonds.
8th August 2007 06:09 PM
_Boomy_ I think it kind of sucks that Hammerin' Hank isn't the leader anymore.

Did you ever see the video of Hank hitting 755? He didn't stand still, raise his hands in the air like a hero, and look selfish. He ran as if he hit a double to left-center.

That is disrespectful to the opposition, as well. 99% of players would get beaned the next time they went up to bat for showing up the other team like that.

Barry's never been humble anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

8th August 2007 06:14 PM
robpop The Pirates are planning a tribute to Barry Bonds upon his return Monday. This ought to be interesting.
8th August 2007 06:21 PM
Throwaway
quote:
pdog wrote:

he hit 756 last night... what do you mean by talk. we're talking here and it's all over the fair and balanced media... i'm looking forward to hearing o'reilly, olberman and jon stewarts takes on all this... well, just jon stewart, the first two are sucking on their own cocks.

I mean, in the streets, no one is really giving 2 shits.. could also have to do with the fact that the O's have sucked for about a decade and people here forget about baseball. Still think its weird that the Babe is 3, and as Boomhouer says, Hank is #2.
8th August 2007 07:02 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
The Pirates are planning a tribute to Barry Bonds upon his return Monday. This ought to be interesting.

Bucs are gonna turn back the clock to '92 and tarp the upper deck.
8th August 2007 07:10 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I think it kind of sucks that Hammerin' Hank isn't the leader anymore.

Did you ever see the video of Hank hitting 755? He didn't stand still, raise his hands in the air like a hero, and look selfish. He ran as if he hit a double to left-center.

That is disrespectful to the opposition, as well. 99% of players would get beaned the next time they went up to bat for showing up the other team like that.

Barry's never been humble anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Remember when Ripken disrespected baseball by delaying the game 1/2 an hour running around the field. DiMaggio never did that... wtf? Dude, we create these idols and then tear them apart... God damn america is retarded...lol.
8th August 2007 07:15 PM
robpop Ricky Henderson is the greatest. They brought a microphone out on to the field and he told us so.

8th August 2007 07:24 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
Remember when Ripken disrespected baseball by delaying the game 1/2 an hour running around the field.

Yeah, I remember.

And then after the game he came out and signed autographs for anybody and everybody that wanted one.
And he wasn't wearing a "2131" hat either...
8th August 2007 07:27 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:

Remember when Ripken disrespected baseball by delaying the game 1/2 an hour running around the field. DiMaggio never did that... wtf? Dude, we create these idols and then tear them apart... God damn america is retarded...lol.

Yeah, that was fucked up.

But Ripken didn't do that every time he added a game to his streak.

Barry watched every home run he hit. He did little twirls and did a "take that, motherfucker" thing every time he hit a dinger.
8th August 2007 07:34 PM
_Boomy_ Dude, I just flipped through the channels and they're showing the HR Derby from Philadelphia in 1996.

Barry wasn't ripped at this point. But McGwire was.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)