ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bonds: fuckin' faggot Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
6th August 2007 03:02 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
"Fucker did not sign it. I mean its number 755, and he did not sign it. Fuck that nig......."

Steelers beat the living piss out of those guys last night. It early yet, but I'm almost ready to guarantee another Super Bowl win. By the end of next we'll know for sure.
6th August 2007 03:05 PM
robpop Glad you saw it. I thought you would have to be there to believe it. I know its only preseason, but we are playing inspired ball. Love the new look offense. Any doubts about Ben? Put them to rest. Pittsburgh has a new sheriff in town. And he's a black man!!!!

[Edited by robpop]
6th August 2007 03:16 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
Glad you saw it. I thought you would have to be there to believe it. I know its only preseason, but we are playing inspired ball. Love the new look offense. Any doubts about Ben? Put them to rest. Pittsburgh has a new sheriff in town. And he's a black man!!!!

I'm proud of our new guy. Continuing the great Steeler tradition shared by players, coaches, and fans alike, of poise and moxie.
6th August 2007 03:17 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Steelers beat the living piss out of those guys last night. It early yet, but I'm almost ready to guarantee another Super Bowl win. By the end of next we'll know for sure.

Crank it!!!!

http://www.steelersinhoboken.com/Downloads/Fight_Songs/MP3/Steelers%20Polka%20II.mp3

Sorry I could not find the original.
6th August 2007 03:41 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'm proud of our new guy. Continuing the great Steeler tradition shared by players, coaches, and fans alike, of poise and moxie.

I'm proud also. Be proud. Be proud of the nation, be proud of where your are from, because, ummmmmm, that's where you are from.
6th August 2007 03:54 PM
pdog you guy wish you could get out on football field and grab a bunch of men.
6th August 2007 04:11 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:
you guy wish you could get out on football field and grab a bunch of men.

I played baseball for over 20 years. Grabbing myself is getting old.
[Edited by robpop]
6th August 2007 04:18 PM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:

I played baseball for over 20 years. Grabbing myself is getting old.
[Edited by robpop]

You stopped me dead in my tracks...
6th August 2007 04:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
you guy wish you could get out on football field and grab a bunch of men.

This board is entering a state of apostasy, and comments like that don't help.
6th August 2007 05:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

agreed.

pass the greenies - we all need to "bean up"
6th August 2007 05:41 PM
Joey " Grabbing myself is getting old. "

6th August 2007 05:44 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

pray about it.

6th August 2007 06:20 PM
_Boomy_ Walk him for the rest of year. Even with the bases loaded!

And then he'll end up tied with Hammerin' Hank. And then maybe no one would sign him for next season.

6th August 2007 07:04 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Walk him for the rest of year. Even with the bases loaded!

And then he'll end up tied with Hammerin' Hank. And then maybe no one would sign him for next season.

The Giants will, they're on a mission to lose.
6th August 2007 07:18 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:

No they won't.
If Bonds is wearing a Giants uniform next year it'll be for Yomiuri.
Once he breaks the record SF'll have no u$e for him.

Peter Magowan wasn't even in San Diego, and apparently hasn't spoken to Bonds to offer his congratulations either.

6th August 2007 08:41 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:

I can't belive the trade the Pirates made with the Giants last week. You guys got a nobody (could be somebody now see Jason Schmidt) and we picked up an old pitcher who has been hurt and a huge salary. 15 losing seasons and counting. The record is almost ours. Our Burgh teams try so hard to be the best at what they do, even if its losing.
8th August 2007 12:07 AM
Kilroy Bonds just hit 756. Hank Aaron is a class act.
8th August 2007 12:44 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
Bonds just hit 756. Hank Aaron is a class act.

The only reason this is a big deal is because he broke a black man's record.
8th August 2007 01:16 AM
pdog
quote:
robpop wrote:

I can't belive the trade the Pirates made with the Giants last week. You guys got a nobody (could be somebody now see Jason Schmidt) and we picked up an old pitcher who has been hurt and a huge salary. 15 losing seasons and counting. The record is almost ours. Our Burgh teams try so hard to be the best at what they do, even if its losing.

We got rid of 12 million dollars in that trade...
8th August 2007 01:17 AM
pdog
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
Bonds just hit 756. Hank Aaron is a class act.

Hank said he avoided being there so he wouldn't steal any glory. He's also never accused or said anything about Bonds doing dope... Very classy...
8th August 2007 01:25 AM
mac_daddy while i have mucho disdain for the thread title (c'mon sb, you are better than that), i felt i would post my $.02 on the topic of bonds and his record...

______

a friend of mine took these pics @ the ravine the other day - i think it is a cute beach-ball alternative...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
8th August 2007 01:26 AM
sirmoonie Who has the base on balls to start a new thread?

I will say that Hank Aaron and his brother Tommie Aaron are both black.
8th August 2007 02:02 AM
pdog Hank said Bonds is the home run king... tell you what, unless someone can resurect Ruth to say no, I don't give a fuck what anyone else says. That's good enough for me...
Fuck the haters, fuck the dodgers, NOW let's get some W's for The Giants ... maybe this season can end with a winning record.
God bless Willie Mays and his great ball park in SF.
[Edited by pdog]
8th August 2007 02:11 AM
sirmoonie 756 home runs!
8th August 2007 02:24 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
756 home runs!

for now... He's got another dozen or more left in him this year... and who knows about next year...
motherfucker can hit a ball travelling 90 mph with a piece of wood no more than a few inches wide... he's got some talent... just watch the press conf. he did well, considering he's quiet and the reporters by and large are idiots looking for drama.
8th August 2007 08:24 AM
gimmekeef 3,000 less at bats puts the record in a different light to.
8th August 2007 09:55 AM
mac_daddy bonds is a cheater. the record will have an asterisk.

oh, and if the steroids arent enough for you, try this on for size...

quote:
NEW YORK (Commentary) Beyond his alleged steroid use, Barry Bonds is guilty of the use of something that confers extraordinarily unfair mechanical advantage: the “armor” that he wears on his right elbow. Amid the press frenzy over Bonds’ unnatural bulk, the true role of the object on his right arm has simply gone unnoticed.

This is unfortunate, because by my estimate, Bonds’ front arm “armor” may have contributed no fewer than 75 to 100 home runs to his already steroid-questionable total.
Bonds tied Henry Aaron’s home run record of 755 on Saturday night and will go for the new standard this week back at home in San Francisco.

As a student of baseball – and currently a mechanics consultant to a major league baseball team -- I believe I have insight into the Bonds "achievement." I have studied his swing countless times on video and examined the mechanical gear closely through photographs.

For years, sportswriters remarked that his massive "protective" gear – unequaled in all of baseball -- permits Bonds to lean over the plate without fear of being hit by a pitch. Thus situated, Bonds can handle the outside pitch (where most pitchers live) unusually well. This is unfair advantage enough, but no longer controversial. However, it is only one of at least seven (largely unexplored) advantages conferred by the apparatus.

The other six:

1) The apparatus is hinged at the elbow. It is a literal "hitting machine" that allows Bonds to release his front arm on the same plane during every swing. It largely accounts for the seemingly magical consistency of every Bonds stroke.

2) The apparatus locks at the elbow when the lead arm is fully elongated because of a small flap at the top of the bottom section that fits into a groove in the bottom of the top section. The locked arm forms a rigid front arm fulcrum that allows extraordinary, maximally efficient explosion of the levers of Bonds' wrists. Bonds hands are quicker than those of average hitters because of his mechanical "assistant."

3) When Bonds swings, the weight of the apparatus helps to seal his inner upper arm to his torso at impact. Thus "connected," he automatically hits the ball with the weight of his entire body - not just his arms - as average hitters ("extending") tend to do.

4) Bonds has performed less well in Home Run Derbies than one might expect because he has no excuse to wear a "protector" facing a batting practice pitcher. As he tires, his front arm elbow tends to lift and he swings under the ball, producing towering pop flies or topspin liners that stay in the park. When the apparatus is worn, its weight keeps his elbow down and he drives the ball with backspin.

5) Bonds enjoys quicker access to the inside pitch than average hitters because his "assistant" - counter-intuitively - allows him to turn more rapidly. Everyone understands that skaters accelerate their spins by pulling their arms into their torsos, closer to their axes of rotation. When Bonds is confronted with an inside pitch, he spins like a skater because his upper front arm is "assistant"-sealed tightly against the side of his chest.

6) At impact, Bonds has additional mass (the weight of his "assistant") not available to the average hitter. The combined weight of "assistant" and bat is probably equal to the weight of the lumber wielded by Babe Ruth but with more manageable weight distribution.

At the moment, Bonds' apparatus enjoys "grandfathered" status. Similar devices are presently denied to average
major leaguers, who must present evidence of injury before receiving an exemption.

Bonds has worn some sort of front arm protection since 1992. In '94, a one-piece forearm guard was replaced by a jointed, two piece elbow model. In ‘95 it got bigger and a small "cap" on the elbow was replaced by a "flap" that overlapped the upper piece and locked the two pieces together when the arm was elongated. In '96, the "apparatus" grew even larger and so did the "flap."

It seems to have remained relatively the same until -- interestingly— 2001, the year of his record 73 home runs, when an advanced model appeared made (apparently) of a new material. It had softer edges and a groove for the flap to slip into automatically at full arm elongation. More important, the upper half of the machine was sculpted to conform more comfortably to the contours of Bonds' upper arm. Since 2001, the apparatus seems to have remained relatively unchanged.

Several years back, baseball was rightfully scandalized by the revelation that Sammy Sosa had "corked" his bat. The advantages conferred by the Bonds "hitting machine," however, far exceed anything supplied by cork. Ultimately, it appears the Bonds "achievement” must be regarded as partly the product of “double duplicity" -- steroidal and mechanical.

link
8th August 2007 10:54 AM
Joey

Congratulations Barry Bonds on Number # 756

Well Done ... Top Notch !!!

Top Notch !!!
8th August 2007 11:05 AM
lotsajizz fuckin' cheater

Bonds* that is
8th August 2007 11:27 AM
Riffhard He cheated. End of story. He's a fucking disgrqace to the game and a disgrace to his own team. The people who stood and cheered for him last night should be ashamed. Their,"He may be a cheater,but at least he's our cheater." attitude made me want to throw up. He's a fucking disgrace!!

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)