ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Licks Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 4th, 2004 03:21 PM
F505 I am at a point I am not disappointed anymore. Let's face it. The Stones have given us a great many immortal records. They are apparently at an age they don't have the drive anymore to make new records. I can't blame them. They have done enough. They have made music that will last forever. Amen.
August 4th, 2004 03:23 PM
Gazza The CD cover is confirmed as being the girl riding the Stones tongue as in the anime used when they played "Honky Tonk Women" on the last tour.
August 4th, 2004 03:34 PM
Gazza Shameful that yet again they cant find room for "Midnight Rambler" on a live album, yet can fill a live CD with songs they've done to death on live albums - as well as putting "You got me rocking" on the 2nd live album in a row (of all their recent work, what do the Stones see in this song to play it live so often and give it such prominence in setlists)

It would have been also nice to get Rock Me Baby, Dance, Aint Too Proud to Beg, Heart of Stone and If You Cant Rock Me which were all personal faves of mine on the last tour, but I guess everyone will have their own favourites.

Its a weird running order too. Would have made more sense for each CD to "flow" with the sequence resembling a concert - ie disc 1 similar to a shortened version of a stadium/arena setlist and disc 2 akin to a theatre show. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" in the middle sounds bizarre!
August 4th, 2004 04:03 PM
Saint Sway I gotta say that I'm shocked (but very pleased) that they included FOUR Keef tracks!!

maybe this is a sign that Mick is loosening his reigns a little... if so, then heres to hoping that it carries over to the new studio record and he lets Keith have his way in the studio

its our only hope for a decent Stones album
August 4th, 2004 04:05 PM
Moonisup NO RAMBLER??

that's the only song that they played great almost every night, really strange!!!!!
August 4th, 2004 04:11 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I gotta say that I'm shocked (but very pleased) that they included FOUR Keef tracks!!

maybe this is a sign that Mick is loosening his reigns a little... if so, then heres to hoping that it carries over to the new studio record and he lets Keith have his way in the studio

its our only hope for a decent Stones album

Lets be fucking honest, Keith sounds like shit and no casual fan could listen even 1/2 way through it!!!!
August 4th, 2004 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
I am at a point I am not disappointed anymore. Let's face it. The Stones have given us a great many immortal records. They are apparently at an age they don't have the drive anymore to make new records. I can't blame them. They have done enough. They have made music that will last forever. Amen.

You are correct, except they still charge like they are a premium act....Gazza is correct...they are feckin wankers to their fans!!! I am pissed!!!
[Edited by jb]
August 4th, 2004 04:28 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I am pissed!!!

August 4th, 2004 04:31 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

NInea!!!!
August 4th, 2004 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
NInea!!!!

August 4th, 2004 06:21 PM
Bob Tamp yes, it does suck. who needs You Got Me Rocking, BS, JJ FLash again. I do think Tumbling Dice and IT's only pussy hole should be on it for the fact the versions on Love you Live are dreadful.
She smiled sweetly was perfect for release, and where is Loving Cup, Rip this Joint. Yes, it could have been better!
August 4th, 2004 07:45 PM
Soldatti The disk one is very "Flashpoint" IMO
August 4th, 2004 07:51 PM
Snappy McJack Where in the hell is "Back to Zero"? "Lies"? WTF, I want "Can You Hear the Music" on this mofo!

August 4th, 2004 08:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Where in the hell is "Back to Zero"?

Yes, I want that live! Chuck & Mick on vocals!
August 4th, 2004 08:46 PM
Gimme Shelter Is there still going to be a new studio album?
August 4th, 2004 08:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Lets be fucking honest, Keith sounds like shit and no casual fan could listen even 1/2 way through it!!!!

I agree that no casual fan can stomach Keith. That just makes the inclusion of his 4 songs all the cooler IMO
August 4th, 2004 09:29 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Is there still going to be a new studio album?

There hasn't been any evidence towards the fact that there is even an album in the making. Charlie cancels his gigs, and then some folks say "The postponment must have something to do with the new album" -- turns out that was not true. All of them except Charlie are jet-setting around the planet, while Charlie most likely canceled his gigs to do overdubs for "LIve Licks"!! Holy shit!!!
August 4th, 2004 09:54 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Is there still going to be a new studio album?

Yes, probably next year
August 6th, 2004 06:49 PM
justforyou Lighten up dudes, you whiners are the same guys who worship the 69-73 tours where the setlists hardly changed....magic is not in the selection but in the moment.
August 6th, 2004 07:00 PM
Moonisup
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Lighten up dudes, you whiners are the same guys who worship the 69-73 tours where the setlists hardly changed....magic is not in the selection but in the moment.

you missed the point

they can play me 23 times brown sugar if sounded like 1973 but that ain't happening!
thay are like the eagles now, sad but true
August 6th, 2004 07:11 PM
justforyou So if they can't replicate that grandeur they should close the shop and do nothing ? There is still music in the performances, I don't care if the live album flops as long as there are some nice moments in there... like many of you I probably have more licks boots than from any other stones tour. Disect and critisize, but will it not add to what you already have ?
August 6th, 2004 07:53 PM
Mel Belli I still think this live album is not happening. That tracklist looks completely bogus.
August 8th, 2004 12:08 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
justforyou wrote:
Lighten up dudes, you whiners are the same guys who worship the 69-73 tours where the setlists hardly changed....magic is not in the selection but in the moment.

Good one!
August 9th, 2004 09:02 AM
Stones I heard on the radio this morning that the release will contain tracks from previous live albums. Has anybody heard if this is true ? I know that was the original talk, but it died out and now I hear it again.
August 9th, 2004 09:38 AM
Gazza that radio station's news seems to be out of date. The track listing is confirmed and Disc 1 contains "Dont stop" which has obviously never been on a live album before
August 9th, 2004 11:39 AM
T&A getting into this discussion late, I realize - been on holiday.

I think the track choices totally defy logic and explanation. A few nice choices, but they are far outweighed by those not chosen. I'll buy it for Parachute Woman alone, though - it was THE highlight of the entire tour for me.
August 9th, 2004 12:56 PM
Stones I think every song on disc 1, except for Don't Stop, has been released live before. I am just curious if anyone thinks it is possible they are old versions from previous live albums.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5