ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Licks Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 27th, 2004 06:06 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
I got this from IORR:

Tracks for the LIVE LICKS album are not confirmed yet, but it is said that there will be one CD with well known Stones songs, to be released in some markets, and another 2CD product, with the first CD plus an additional CD with rarer songs played during the LICKS tour.

The following is a list of racks rumoured to appear on LIVE LICKS. Please note that this list is unconfirmed. The list may change!

Ain't Too Proud To Beg/ All Down The Line/ Angie/ Beast Of Burden/ Before They Make Me Run/ Bitch/ Brown Sugar/ I Can't Turn You Loose/ Can't You Hear Me Knockin'/ Dance Pt 1/ Don't Stop/ Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/ Far Away Eyes/ Gimme Shelter/ Hand Of Fate/ Happy/ Heart Of Stone/ Honky Tonk Women/ I Just Wanna Make Love To You/ Let It Bleed/ Love Train/ Loving Cup/ Mannish Boy/ Midnight Rambler/ Monkey Man/ The Nearness Of You/ No Expectations/ Parachute Woman/ Rip This Joint/ Rock Me Baby/ Rocks Off/ Satisfaction/ Stray Cat Blues/ Street Fighting Man/ Sweet Virginia/ Sympathy For The Devil/ That's How Strong My Love Is/ Thru and Thru/ Undercover/ Wild Horses

I started this thread with the same message !

So we CAN finish now...
July 27th, 2004 09:28 PM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
glencar wrote:
I got this from IORR:

Tracks for the LIVE LICKS album are not confirmed yet, but it is said that there will be one CD with well known Stones songs, to be released in some markets, and another 2CD product, with the first CD plus an additional CD with rarer songs played during the LICKS tour.

The following is a list of racks rumoured to appear on LIVE LICKS. Please note that this list is unconfirmed. The list may change!

Ain't Too Proud To Beg/ All Down The Line/ Angie/ Beast Of Burden/ Before They Make Me Run/ Bitch/ Brown Sugar/ I Can't Turn You Loose/ Can't You Hear Me Knockin'/ Dance Pt 1/ Don't Stop/ Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/ Far Away Eyes/ Gimme Shelter/ Hand Of Fate/ Happy/ Heart Of Stone/ Honky Tonk Women/ I Just Wanna Make Love To You/ Let It Bleed/ Love Train/ Loving Cup/ Mannish Boy/ Midnight Rambler/ Monkey Man/ The Nearness Of You/ No Expectations/ Parachute Woman/ Rip This Joint/ Rock Me Baby/ Rocks Off/ Satisfaction/ Stray Cat Blues/ Street Fighting Man/ Sweet Virginia/ Sympathy For The Devil/ That's How Strong My Love Is/ Thru and Thru/ Undercover/ Wild Horses

This is bull shit! Loving Cup??? I DON'T THINK SO!
July 27th, 2004 10:03 PM
corgi37 Gazza - Thanks for that. Interesting stuff. In the NME from 1980 (ER issue - at least, i think its in that, but either way, i have it) Jagger was answering a question about the Stones output in the 70's (imagine what the reporter would say now!!). He defended it, and added, LYL took a year to do with overdubs and stuff. Jagger said a live album is almost as much work as a studio album.

So, the question is, how live is live?????? I dont care, i still love LYL. It's the last album we have of Jagger having a personality, even if 3 sides of the LP are in French! His banter on El Mocambo is now folk lore. What do we get now? "Fank yew!!!". And, thats about it. Even the intros these past few years are dull. Used to be a highlight.

Oh, and Gazza, thanks for that OTHER THING. Really looking forward to it. You, Sir, are a bona-fide legend!
July 27th, 2004 11:02 PM
Soldatti About half of that songs will be on the album, half of that will be warhorses, so we will get 10 rarities more or less, from that 10 rarities, 5 are on the Four Flicks.
Another fall cash-in is comming...
August 1st, 2004 02:55 AM
Stonesmillenium2001
quote:
F505 wrote:
From IORR:

The Rolling Stones are expected to release a live album with songs from the 2002 - 2003 LICKS world tour during the first week of September 2004.

Live album number 67....

sounds like a great list of tunes.
August 1st, 2004 02:41 PM
Soldatti Not all the songs will be on the album, maybe half of that.
August 1st, 2004 03:42 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Not all the songs will be on the album, maybe half of that.

Yes, do we need another sloppy version of "Sympathy"??
Which kind of stuff would we like to hear?? same old classics? or rarities??
We all know the answer, but i can t stop thinking about money, money, always money and again money...Am i the only "Stones Depressed" here??
August 1st, 2004 04:36 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Am i the only "Stones Depressed" here??

Absolutelly no...
August 2nd, 2004 02:44 AM
Poplar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Am i the only "Stones Depressed" here??

after some thought ... getting there.

of course a new album might clear this right up.
August 2nd, 2004 05:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poplar wrote:
of course a new album might clear this right up.

That's for sure...
August 4th, 2004 09:46 AM
Snappy McJack From IORR.org:

Live Licks
The Rolling Stones
LICKS live album
Updated August 4, 2004

The Rolling Stones are expected to release a live album with songs from the 2002 - 2003 LICKS world tour worldwide by the week of September 27 2004.

The following is a list of tracks as confirmed by EMI/Virgin.

Disc One

Street Fighting Man
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Don't Stop
Tumbling Dice
You Got Me Rocking
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
Jumping Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Slipping Away
Happy
Satisfaction
Sympathy For The Devil

Disc Two

Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Live With Me
Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
That's How Strong My Love Is
Let It Bleed
Worried About You
I Just Wanna Make Love To You
Before They Make Me Run
The Nearness Of You
Hand Of Fate
Monkey Man
Wild Horses
Love Train
Heartbreaker
Star Star
All Down The Line
Parachute Woman

-------------------------------------------------

Aren't all of these, except Parachute Woman, on Four Flicks??? WTF, is this going to be the AUDIO of Four Flicks? Say it ain't so, Joe.
August 4th, 2004 09:53 AM
Jacobesque Man I hope these arent all taken off of Four Flicks!
August 4th, 2004 10:03 AM
F505 Four Flicks with ONE bonus track, Parachute Woman, so we all have a reason to buy this novelty! Great!
August 4th, 2004 10:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, they had to put Smarty Jones out to the stud farm for good. Something wrong with his hooves I guess.
August 4th, 2004 10:25 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
F505 wrote:
Four Flicks with ONE bonus track, Parachute Woman, so we all have a reason to buy this novelty! Great!

Yeah! A new edition of Four Flicks with no visual and new packaging! Ya-friggin-hoo! Can not wait!

Funny thing -- I believe THIS is the reason why Charlie had to cancel is tour dates! LMAO!!!!!!!!! Overdubbing! LOL
August 4th, 2004 10:39 AM
Jumacfly Shameful....
i remember the fan club letter last month : "people accuse us to think about only making money"

LOL....this live project sucks and sucks and sucks..
August 4th, 2004 10:43 AM
F505 Maybe they can promote the new live album with a new tour...
August 4th, 2004 10:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe they can promote the new live album with a new tour...

good point F505
August 4th, 2004 10:59 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe they can promote the new live album with a new tour...

And then...

-Re-release the Virgin catalog

-Re-release "Sucking In the Seventies," "Rewind," and "Made In the Shade"

-A "new edition" of Forty Licks (new tongue color and subtraced new tracks (so it'll be 36 Licks)

-A "best of" live album with selections from LYL to Live Licks

- Box set of singles from the Virgin catalog

- Deluxe Edition of Dirty Work (which could be cool)

- Eminem remix of "Rock and a Hard Place" (with b/side Ali G remix of "Short and Curlies" -- booyakasha!)

- Another greatest hits (but this one will have more edited tracks)

- "Burger King presents: Favorite Show Tunes of the Rolling Stones" -- kind of like the CD that was recently released that has some of their favorite songs on it, except they would now choose show tunes -- would only cost $10 with a Whopper meal.

- A new album (of their hits) -- Greatest Tits!
August 4th, 2004 11:06 AM
F505 So why are we complaining?????
August 4th, 2004 11:11 AM
Jacobesque I will be happy if its not taken from the same Four Flicks remasters, which would be the easiest thing for them to do. If its just all from the MSG show, Twick, and Olympia, I will not buy it.
August 4th, 2004 11:22 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
F505 wrote:
So why are we complaining?????

Because they aren't releasing anything NEW! I would understand releasing and rehashing things when your career as a band is through. But are they through as a band? I don't think so. Hell, they want to make the big bucks touring, but they don't want to do anything new and fresh.

And with the frequency at which they tour, they should still be releasing new stuff. If they toured every 5 or 6 years, it would be different. Then they could pull "Who's" anytime.
August 4th, 2004 11:29 AM
jb PITIFUL...
August 4th, 2004 11:53 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
So why are we complaining?????

I see a Man without a problem .................

Hi F505

August 4th, 2004 12:48 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
I would understand releasing and rehashing things when your career as a band is through.

Exactly. It's over.
August 4th, 2004 01:10 PM
Steel Wheels Jesus Christ, it's official. This double cd is coming out and I'm pissed. Didn't I just spend 30-40 bucks on the DVD set, and now it's going to be another 20-30 for a CD set.

Also the live Toronto DVD is out...isn't this a little too much? Has an artist ever flooded the market with so many live recordings in one year's time? And a fucking best of album after a 2 disc best of?

August 4th, 2004 01:52 PM
Soldatti Pretty lame...
Even worse, I will buy this damm thing!
August 4th, 2004 02:10 PM
Kris Thanks for the news. But where is Dance, that was awesome live.
August 4th, 2004 03:15 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

I see a Man without a problem .................

Hi F505

Hi Joey

what have you done for Holland today?
August 4th, 2004 03:15 PM
Gazza And to think someone said a week or so ago I was the only person not thrilled by this release! LOL

Just one thing. I doubt it will be the audio soundtrack to FF with one bonus track.

Apart from a couple of songs from the Wiltern in Nov. 2002, all of Four Flicks comes from 2003.

Parachute Woman was only played once on the entire tour - the Orpheum, Boston on 8th Sept. 2002.

That fact alone would give me the impression they've used different versions for the live album than what is on the DVD.

If its any consolation, if they DO use the FF soundtrack for the rest, I have an audio rip of the soundtrack so I'll save you all the $$ and burn copies for everyone..lol
Page: 1 2 3 4 5