ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Vol. 9) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
25th July 2006 01:56 PM
SLAVE Thank you so much FrankiePeppers!!!

One question....Has anybody some video/audio document of the induction of Chuck Berry on the Rock And Roll Hall of fame???I recently download from Dime "proud Mary" by John Fogerty with guests like Keith,Ronnie,Jerry Lee Lewis...
25th July 2006 04:04 PM
gonzalo76 There's an MP3 again on the RO tracker, TATTO ME, and I think POISONIVY (again) was the one who uploaded it.
I'll not post any freq. analysis because when I posted them before, nobody knew how to "read" them.
So this time I'll only say that a LOSSLESS source NEVER contains micro silence gaps between songs ... like this Tattoo Me.
Micro silence gaps between tracks is a classic example of a lossy source (MP3) converted to a lossless one.
Without going into too much technical detail, this is a shortcoming that is inherent to the mp3 format. Because mp3 frames overlap 50% even the best case scenario would get you an:
a. ill-decoded first and last frame on all tracks when you split a continous mpeg stream (sounds like FFWD-ing with winamp/sonique) or
b. correct start and end of each track, be it with leading and trailing silence, adding a click to the continuous play
when you rip each track seperatly.

Gr.

P.S: I'd like to explain something that it's related to this case for people who use MP3s:
When you rip a live or mix CD using the conventional way: one wav and later mp3 for each track, you will not succeed in making a seamless copy of the album on audio-cd. If you rip and encode in the conventional way there will always be clicks and pauses between separate tracks on your burned cd.
That's why people (who use MP3) use EAC to rip to one big wave file + cue file, then encode this wave file to mp3 and
store the one mp3 and the cue file. EAC can also burn this cue file (without silence gaps of course).
To play this mp3+cue on the computer, foobar2000 audio player supports cue files and you'll always enjoy the uninterrupted play. Foobar2000 is also a gapless audio player which means that if you rip a live or mix CD using the conventional way and you're using LAME 3.90.3 or later you'll never notice this micro silence gap between songs. There are gapless plugins for winamp too but they are not so good and you'll always notice the gap.

[Edited by gonzalo76]
25th July 2006 06:00 PM
Still A Fool
quote:
gonzalo76 wrote:
There's an MP3 again on the RO tracker, TATTO ME, and I think POISONIVY (again) was the one who uploaded it.
I'll not post any freq. analysis because when I posted them before, nobody knew how to "read" them.
So this time I'll only say that a LOSSLESS source NEVER contains micro silence gaps between songs ... like this Tattoo Me.
Micro silence gaps between tracks is a classic example of a lossy source (MP3) converted to a lossless one.
Without going into too much technical detail, this is a shortcoming that is inherent to the mp3 format. Because mp3 frames overlap 50% even the best case scenario would get you an:
a. ill-decoded first and last frame on all tracks when you split a continous mpeg stream (sounds like FFWD-ing with winamp/sonique) or
b. correct start and end of each track, be it with leading and trailing silence, adding a click to the continuous play
when you rip each track seperatly.

Gr.

P.S: I'd like to explain something that it's related to this case for people who use MP3s:
When you rip a live or mix CD using the conventional way: one wav and later mp3 for each track, you will not succeed in making a seamless copy of the album on audio-cd. If you rip and encode in the conventional way there will always be clicks and pauses between separate tracks on your burned cd.
That's why people (who use MP3) use EAC to rip to one big wave file + cue file, then encode this wave file to mp3 and
store the one mp3 and the cue file. EAC can also burn this cue file (without silence gaps of course) and foobar2000 is a gapless audio player which also plays cue files and enjoy the uninterrupted play. There are gapless plugins for winamp too.

[Edited by gonzalo76]

I think that you´re ungry
25th July 2006 07:50 PM
FrankiePeppers Is the tracker down?

Bit Comet is telling me : "Error: Tracker Response Decoding Failed: . . . . in Tracker: http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/upload.tmpl"
25th July 2006 08:04 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
Still A Fool wrote:
I think that you´re ungry

I think you need to take some english lessons!

Gracias por El Mocambo '77, es excelente Hernan, y los dvds de Taylor son impresionantes !!!

Chau chau chau chauuuuu

[Edited by gonzalo76]
25th July 2006 08:09 PM
gonzalo76
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
Is the tracker down?

Bit Comet is telling me : "Error: Tracker Response Decoding Failed: . . . . in Tracker: http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/upload.tmpl"

The tracker is working fine, I'm using uTorrent.
25th July 2006 09:11 PM
GotToRollMe New on tracker tonight:

Rolling Stones - Hampton Coliseum 1981 (DVD 1)
Jointrip Version - Extended Edition - Dolby Sound
Approx. 1 hr. 34 min.
DVD - NTSC - 4.31 GB

I had uploaded this a couple of weeks ago, along with DVD 2, but it disappeared from the tracker, so here it is again for those who didn't get a shot at it the first time.

25th July 2006 09:59 PM
FrankiePeppers quote:

FrankiePeppers wrote:
Is the tracker down?

Bit Comet is telling me : "Error: Tracker Response Decoding Failed: . . . . in Tracker: http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:...969/upload.tmpl"

--------------------------------------------------------

The tracker is working fine, I'm using uTorrent.

I resumed seeding Fathers and Sons. I should have it going to tomorrow morning.
26th July 2006 05:55 AM
MRD8 New on the tracker this morning:

Rolling Stones "Roadie Tape" Giants Stadium October 16, 1997 DVD

Hand-held Cam NTSC

10/10

Band Arrivals
Audience Arrivals
Behind The Scenes
Ready To Roll
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock & Roll
Flip The Switch
Let's Spend The Night Together
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby
19th Nervous Breakdown
Out Of Control
Factory Girl
Miss You
Band Introductions
Wanna Hold You
Bridge Walk
Little Queenie
Crazy Mama
The Last Time
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Bonus Material
48 minutes of "roadie tape" from final dress rehearsal Soldier Field, Chicago September 21, 1997.

Satisfaction
Miss You
Anybody Seen My Baby?
19th Nervous Breakdown
Under My Thumb
Out Of Control
Miss You

26th July 2006 07:06 AM
cabledogg2 Anyone have artwork/setlist for the "Highway To Heaven" torrent on the tracker. I haven't been able to locate any on the usual sites..........Thanks cabledogg2
26th July 2006 07:20 AM
FotiniD Ok, so how does the uploading work?

That is:

- how do you create the torrent file?
- how do you seed the actual file? do you upload it somewhere or just leave your pc open and a torrent client running?
- what's with the options? (include other hashes, passive, announce protocol etc)

Thanks for the help in advance Not going to upload anything soon, cause I'm leaving for vacation this Friday, but it'd be useful to know when I return.
26th July 2006 02:08 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
New on the tracker this morning:

Hand-held Cam NTSC

10/10

Band Arrivals
Audience Arrivals
Behind The Scenes
Ready To Roll
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock & Roll
Flip The Switch
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby
19th Nervous Breakdown
Out Of Control
Factory Girl
Miss You
Band Introductions
Wanna Hold You
Bridge Walk
Little Queenie
Crazy Mama
The Last Time
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Bonus Material
48 minutes of "roadie tape" from final dress rehearsal Soldier Field, Chicago September 21, 1997.

Satisfaction
Miss You
Anybody Seen My Baby?
19th Nervous Breakdown
Under My Thumb
Out Of Control
Miss You

Woah! Thank you very kindly, Mr. D!

26th July 2006 02:09 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Ok, so how does the uploading work?

That is:

- how do you create the torrent file?
- how do you seed the actual file? do you upload it somewhere or just leave your pc open and a torrent client running?
- what's with the options? (include other hashes, passive, announce protocol etc)

Thanks for the help in advance Not going to upload anything soon, cause I'm leaving for vacation this Friday, but it'd be useful to know when I return.

Fotini, I'll send you an email with all the details about this stuff, ok? Have a nice vacation!
26th July 2006 04:00 PM
Reptile Would someone please be as kind to seed the Saitama DVD?
26th July 2006 09:24 PM
Rolling Stones Argen
quote:
MRD8 wrote:

Hand-held Cam NTSC

10/10

Band Arrivals
Audience Arrivals
Behind The Scenes
Ready To Roll
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock & Roll
Flip The Switch
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby
19th Nervous Breakdown
Out Of Control
Factory Girl
Miss You
Band Introductions
Wanna Hold You
Bridge Walk
Little Queenie
Crazy Mama
The Last Time
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Bonus Material

Satisfaction
Miss You
Anybody Seen My Baby?
19th Nervous Breakdown
Under My Thumb
Out Of Control
Miss You

Sorry for my ignorance, but it's an Audience Shot no?

Thanks for All
26th July 2006 10:03 PM
AndyPetu
quote:
MRD8 wrote:

Hand-held Cam NTSC

10/10

Band Arrivals
Audience Arrivals
Behind The Scenes
Ready To Roll
Satisfaction
It's Only Rock & Roll
Flip The Switch
Gimme Shelter
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby
19th Nervous Breakdown
Out Of Control
Factory Girl
Miss You
Band Introductions
Wanna Hold You
Bridge Walk
Little Queenie
Crazy Mama
The Last Time
Sympathy For The Devil
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Bonus Material

Satisfaction
Miss You
Anybody Seen My Baby?
19th Nervous Breakdown
Under My Thumb
Out Of Control
Miss You

Thannnks!!

Petu
27th July 2006 05:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Fotini, I'll send you an email with all the details about this stuff, ok? Have a nice vacation!

Thanks a lot, got it
27th July 2006 07:47 AM
maumau
quote:
Reptile wrote:
Would someone please be as kind to seed the Saitama DVD?

i'm doing it now
27th July 2006 06:25 PM
Black and Blue What are the top 5 stones live bootlegs?

I/ve already got brussels though... thnx
27th July 2006 09:29 PM
Still A Fool
quote:
gonzalo76 wrote:

I think you need to take some english lessons!

Gracias por El Mocambo '77, es excelente Hernan, y los dvds de Taylor son impresionantes !!!

Chau chau chau chauuuuu

[Edited by gonzalo76]

I can´t denied it!!!!!

Me alegra que te haya gustado el material. Bye bye byeeeeee!!!!
28th July 2006 02:07 AM
pdog
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:
What are the top 5 stones live bootlegs?

I/ve already got brussels though... thnx

Leeds Lungs 1971
Philadelphia Special 1972
Brussels 1973
Handsome Girls 1978 (my favorite)
Hampton 1981

It's all opinion, these would be my essentials. Really, there's so much out there! The stuff after 1981, really great stuff to be had, but this stuff is the golden era for me!
28th July 2006 07:12 AM
stripped95 DVD "BANG IN MELBOURNE" 2006

2 CAMMERA SHOTS
SIZE 4.4

BUSHTORRENT

http://www.bushtorrent.com/torrent.php?action=detailed&id=541897
28th July 2006 07:35 AM
drno12
quote:
stripped95 wrote:
DVD "BANG IN MELBOURNE" 2006

2 CAMMERA SHOTS
SIZE 4.4

BUSHTORRENT

http://www.bushtorrent.com/torrent.php?action=detailed&id=541897

It`s up on DIME too:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=105321&dllist=1#seeders
drno12
28th July 2006 08:21 AM
vox12string DVD "BANG IN MELBOURNE" 2006 is going to be here shortly, have patience, I sent them out last monday so it depends on the postal system as to who gets it when. Altho there are minor glitches it is very nice.

The cover has already been posted (not by me) but I think it need something better

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rollingstonesmelbourne2006dvd3.jpg
[Edited by vox12string]
28th July 2006 09:26 AM
gimmekeef Anyone else stuck on the 99% area of the Roadie Giants DVD?
28th July 2006 02:15 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
pdog wrote:

Leeds Lungs 1971
Philadelphia Special 1972
Brussels 1973
Handsome Girls 1978 (my favorite)
Hampton 1981

It's all opinion, these would be my essentials. Really, there's so much out there! The stuff after 1981, really great stuff to be had, but this stuff is the golden era for me!

Know where i can get any of these? BTW I can't register for dime cuz it's always at the limit for people.....
28th July 2006 04:16 PM
jtorquetti
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

Know where i can get any of these? BTW I can't register for dime cuz it's always at the limit for people.....

Try... try try... everyday! It's not hard...
28th July 2006 04:18 PM
fabtrick Just wondering if it would be possible for someone to upload the Charlotte 1999 dvd - I went to this show with my then 12 year old daughter and would like to get a copy of this for her. Thanks, jj
28th July 2006 04:36 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
jtorquetti wrote:

Try... try try... everyday! It's not hard...

I have tried many times.... it never works

EDIT: IT WORKED!!!

By the way... why are there videogames on the tracker?
[Edited by Black and Blue]
[Edited by Black and Blue]
28th July 2006 08:20 PM
pdog
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

I have tried many times.... it never works

EDIT: IT WORKED!!!

By the way... why are there videogames on the tracker?

See, you're IN!
Video games? Joking, right?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)